Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:01 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Huh. Shrooms once. ... Felt kind of alone, and detached but no more than I usually do.

Sometimes I feel alone on tryptamines too. The knowledge that my trip is purely my own, in the sense it can never be experienced or fully apprehended by anyone else, resonates with the knowledge that the same is true of consciousness in general. John Donne said "no man is an island" and that is true, but on another level, every man is an island. The island of our perceptions and experiences. Throwing a psychedelic into the mix causes these perceptions to break from consensus reality, the one thing that makes it easy to act as if we weren't all alone at the most fundamental level.

[/waxing]

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:30 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:

weed? yes:
if you google 'mexican tripping weed' Salvia divinorum comes up
i don't know much people my age who haven't try'd that over here, after all ya can grab a bag of it while grabbing some milk at ya local dairy

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:46 am 

sortalikeadream wrote:
John Donne said "no man is an island" and that is true, but on another level, every man is an island. The island of our perceptions and experiences. Throwing a psychedelic into the mix causes these perceptions to break from consensus reality, the one thing that makes it easy to act as if we weren't all alone at the most fundamental level.

[/waxing]

Hah, a man after my own heart - quoting Donne.

But yes, you're absolutely right. There's a profound sense of loneliness - not in a "woe is me" depressed way - but in a definitive discord with the rest of what surrounds you. It's an odd sense, not entirely unpleasant, but nevertheless, challenging.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:34 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
But, listen to fucking Youth Lagoon on shrooms and tell me it's not amazing.

Dude I play Youth Lagoon alll the time when I'm baked! Funny you said this because I just put them in my "Songs to trip to" playlist the other day. Eagerly awaiting to get the chance to do that....

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Total fucking nihilism! Yeah!

let's get drunk and fuck whores! :)

no... no... I am not in the mood for such things. :panda:
I'm pretty much the party-pooper amongst all my friends, haha.

I mean, not always. I seem to vacillate between completely crazy, fun drunk dude to complete fun-destroyer/sullen, crying drunk dude.

PS: I guess it's good that at least I've never been a "mean" drunk... Definitely depressive, but not mean.

PPS: Puking up red wine looks fucking awesome, BTW.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:45 am 

:lol: Let's fucking do it!

You know what they say, apetite comes with eating.

Nothing can kill my drunk fun.

Red wine hangovers are living death.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Huh. Shrooms once. It was pretty cool. Can't say I learned much about the universe, but I did find a thing or two out about how cool some music sounds and how for the first time, I craved no drink or smoke. I was pretty content with the feelings of the drug and the whole body went with the mind - a pleasant ride into itself. Felt kind of alone, and detached but no more than I usually do. But, listen to fucking Youth Lagoon on shrooms and tell me it's not amazing.

When I took shrooms I felt utterly blissful haha.
I think I listened to one Sun O))) song but it could have been an album :D
Caravans’ stoned deliverance"-Sleep's Dopesmoker

LO FI GRIND- http://alaskanpipelinesgrinds.bandcamp.com/

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:12 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
BasqueStorm wrote:

weed? yes:
if you google 'mexican tripping weed' Salvia divinorum comes up
i don't know much people my age who haven't try'd that over here, after all ya can grab a bag of it while grabbing some milk at ya local dairy

But... you DO understand it's NOT weed, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

Quote:
Salvia divinorum remains legal in most countries and, within the United States, is legal in the majority of states. However, some have called for its prohibition. While not currently regulated by US federal drug laws, several states have passed laws criminalizing the substance.[16] Some proposed state bills have failed to progress and have not been made into law (with motions having been voted down or otherwise dying in committee stages). There have not been many publicized prosecutions of individuals violating anti-salvia laws in the few countries and states in which it has been made illegal.

In Europe you can buy it in Amsterdam.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:00 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
But... you DO understand it's NOT weed, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

yeah i'm not fucking retard, i was just pointing that it is what they call mexican tripping weed
Quote:
Salvia divinorum remains legal in most countries and, within the United States, is legal in the majority of states. However, some have called for its prohibition. While not currently regulated by US federal drug laws, several states have passed laws criminalizing the substance.[16] Some proposed state bills have failed to progress and have not been made into law (with motions having been voted down or otherwise dying in committee stages). There have not been many publicized prosecutions of individuals violating anti-salvia laws in the few countries and states in which it has been made illegal.

In Europe you can buy it in Amsterdam.[/quote]

man that tripping weed fucks you up, and you should see all the synthetic cannabis and party pills that are legal over here in nz, they all neither fuck you up give you seizures or make you chronically sick, but if you get caught with any real cannabis that does half the harm, you get arrested :roll:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 pm 

I've done salvia a handful of times and enjoyed the experience, largely because I deliberately didn't take enough to send me into some sort crazy forget-who-I-am blackout. Honestly, I've found that taking enough to hallucinate while still remaining in control of your senses (usually a single hit of 20x) is a very pleasant experience; in each case I felt very light and it felt like my senses became hyper-accurate, with the contrast in colors very sharp and intense. Meanwhile my mind would go off in all sorts of bizarre tangents (I started seeing very vivid pictures of old wooden ships in my mind's eye) and there was this bizarre "surreal" feeling I can't quite explain, though I don't believe in any sort of supernatural aspects myself.

I haven't done any in about two years now and would like to if it wasn't banned almost all over the country now - My friend recently returned from a temporary job in Idaho where he purchased several grams and we've been meaning to have some soon, though the experience is so intense I don't really like doing it on normal weekends and would prefer to use in his cabin in northern Wisconsin next time we're on vacation. I'd really love to try salvia tincture as well since it apparently lasts quite a while longer than the 5 minute trips from smoked salvia.

But really, it's a shame salvia gets this reputation as the "blackout/make you laugh hysterically" drug in so many circles, as there's quite a bit to be said for using it in moderation.

Rild
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm 

When I take mushrooms I am overwhelmed by the beauty of life and nature, and what an incredible privilege it is to live as an intelligent conscious being, however fleetingly. I am even at peace with the passing of time and the inevitable decay of youth, which can be a difficult idea to accept. Whatever problems I have that I am confronted with, I feel all the stronger to face them and win. Sometimes on trips I have this vision of myself as a beatific old man, smiling at death like an old friend. The perspective that some have of being haunted by time, and feeling the 'coldness' of a mechanistic universe without an interested deity, this silly error of feeling yourself "disillusioned," is nothing but a prison without walls.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm 

Rild wrote:
When I take mushrooms I am overwhelmed by the beauty of life and nature, and what an incredible privilege it is to live as an intelligent conscious being, however fleetingly. I am even at peace with the passing of time and the inevitable decay of youth, which can be a difficult idea to accept. Whatever problems I have that I am confronted with, I feel all the stronger to face them and win. Sometimes on trips I have this vision of myself as a beatific old man, smiling at death like an old friend. The perspective that some have of being haunted by time, and feeling the 'coldness' of a mechanistic universe without an interested deity, this silly error of feeling yourself "disillusioned," is nothing but a prison without walls.

wow, that was beautiful maaan

p0wnn00b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:26 am 

I mixed some salvia (very little) with some green and it was a pretty good experience, but nothing really intense. I laid back on the couch, staring at the ceiling and watched as purple stars cascaded before my eyes, suddenly turning into flowers, and then giant brown worms. That was the end of that.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:33 am 

Salvia should ideally be smoked with a torch, but you can do it with a Bic. You need to apply the flame the entire time you're hitting it. 2 - 3 hits of 20x should do you good. Every time I've smoked Salvia (except for the very first time, when I had not yet mastered the technique), I've lost all awareness of my surroundings. I am transported to an alien environment/landscape/habitat/dimension, populated with vaguely humanoid entities, with names like "man who says pee H." It is also accompanied by a sense of being lost or trapped, a profound existential terror. I haven't done it since 2008, I don't find it recreational at all (can't you tell? :P). It is not without its merits though--mainly fucking your shit up in a humbling way.

However, some people do actually manage to enjoy it. The one time I smoked it and wasn't sent to Far Away, I just laughed hysterically.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:31 pm 

Actually, smoking salvia with a torch is only necessary if it isn't an extract. The extracts can be used fully with just a Bic.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm 

How useful is plain (non-concentrated) salvia leaf anyway? From what I've read you'd have to smoke an ungodly amount to get the same hallucinogenic effect extract has, which would be even more difficult if the smoke was that powerful. I have heard you can make tea with it, which would be interesting as it smells like green tea anyway.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm 

Plain salvia leaf is generally used when you want a calmer, longer lasting experience. It's not really a trip, as it feels more like meditating. If you've felt the relaxation that smoked salvia extract gives you in lower doses, that would be a better indicator of what you could expect from chewing on salvia leaves. It's amazing how salvia can be a real beast and take you for a ride in the high-doses, but take it in a smaller amount and it feels like heaven. Any anxiety you felt before seems completely alien.

soverysorry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm 

I have had quite a few psychedelic trips. Pretty sure I've done LSD 100+ times. Other psychedelics not so much, never done DMT or mescaline, and the only 2 times I did shrooms when I was on a fuckton of other drugs anyways so it doesn't really count.

Lately there's been lots of research chemicals going around, like 2c-i and 2c-e. Gotta say they're a lot of fun if not a bit worrying!

Oh and for the record, listening to metal while tripping is fucking AMAZING! I love listening to spacey shit like Tucker-era Morbid Angel or extreme variants of doom metal.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 am 

MARSDUDE wrote:
Plain salvia leaf is generally used when you want a calmer, longer lasting experience. It's not really a trip, as it feels more like meditating. If you've felt the relaxation that smoked salvia extract gives you in lower doses, that would be a better indicator of what you could expect from chewing on salvia leaves. It's amazing how salvia can be a real beast and take you for a ride in the high-doses, but take it in a smaller amount and it feels like heaven. Any anxiety you felt before seems completely alien.

sounds awesome, is it ok for your health when chewing?, and is legal to grow? shit iv got my wedding coming up and i cant drink, but that sounds like it could help with the nerves

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 am 

uhh, Salvia divonorum is not recreational, if you want something for the nerves, I would suggest chamomile tea. If you want to trip like you haven't before, then I would go with an extract, if I used the leaf I would do it sublingual, but that is very bitter and if that interests you I would look into traditional preparations. According to erowid, it is legal in New Zealand, but they list that as unconfirmed. Personally I am not big on S. divonorum consumption, it puts you in a headspace very far out there, most definitely not something I would ever recommend to help with someones nerves. :lol:

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 am 

Byrain wrote:
uhh, Salvia divonorum is not recreational, if you want something for the nerves, I would suggest chamomile tea. If you want to trip like you haven't before, then I would go with an extract, if I used the leaf I would do it sublingual, but that is very bitter and if that interests you I would look into traditional preparations. According to erowid, it is legal in New Zealand, but they list that as unconfirmed. Personally I am not big on S. divonorum consumption, it puts you in a headspace very far out there, most definitely not something I would ever recommend to help with someones nerves. :lol:

its definitely legal, you can buy it at almost any dairy or head shop, and you can grow it too. Was just wondering about chewing the leaves, sounds like it just helps with anxiety and doesn't "trip you out"...maybe not and i don't have time to practice traditional preperations
Chamomile doesn't help with anything, neither with Valerian. I went through a stage trying to use those herbs to help me sleep, didn't do shit...back to the original plan, benzo's...not that they do shit either

Last edited by Southern Freeze on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
MARSDUDE wrote:

sounds awesome, is it ok for your health when chewing?, and is legal to grow? shit iv got my wedding coming up and i cant drink, but that sounds like it could help with the nerves

I once put 1/4 oz of plain leaf in my mouth. It may have had negligible effects. The most prominent thing I noticed was a sore jaw from having my cheeks packed like a chipmunk.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
Byrain wrote:

its definitely legal, you can buy it at almost any dairy or head shop, and you can grow it too. Was just wondering about chewing the leaves, sounds like it just helps with anxiety and doesn't "trip you out"...maybe not and i don't have time to practice traditional preperations
Chamomile doesn't help with anything, neither with Valerian. I went through a stage trying to use those herbs to help me sleep, didn't do shit...back to the original plan, benzo's...not that they do shit either

Low dose salvia is nothing like the demon it gets claimed to be in the higher doses. Keep your dose small and chew on the leaves. Obviously, it would be best if you tried salvia leaves, before the wedding, to understand their strength and how it affects you.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm 

bloodycumshit wrote:

Idk where you are getting it helps with anxiety and doesn't trip you out, neither of those are remotely true. If chamomile and valerian doesn't work, you should probably exercise more. And fyi, benzos are extremely addictive and the withdrawal can kill, I wouldn't take them as a sleep aide just as you wouldn't take opiates as a sleep aide, though opiates probably would work better and be easier to quit...
If you wanted an illegal remedy, you could try Cannabis indica, safer then benzos/opiates at least.

sortalikeadream wrote:
I once put 1/4 oz of plain leaf in my mouth. It may have had negligible effects. The most prominent thing I noticed was a sore jaw from having my cheeks packed like a chipmunk.

Hold it under your tongue (Sublingual) for like 40 mins (?), packing your cheeks is not going to be very effective.

MARSDUDE wrote:
Low dose salvia is nothing like the demon it gets claimed to be in the higher doses. Keep your dose small and chew on the leaves. Obviously, it would be best if you tried salvia leaves, before the wedding, to understand their strength and how it affects you.

S. divinorum leaf can be if you do it right, either way its not a relaxant. :lol: My friend is big on S. divinorum, his preferred method for getting very far out there was to combine the plain leaf with the extract.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm 

I've taken shrooms perhaps five or six times in the past year. Personally, after using them, I believe a psychedelic like shrooms can really alter your outlook on reality significantly, depending how much you read into the trip. After four or five hours of racing thoughts, I began to make different conclusions regarding life. Take them if you're prepared to re-evaluate your life. I can't say much about hallucinations, but I'll say that the sensations and strong thoughts create for one hell of an experience.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm 

Byrain wrote:
bloodycumshit wrote:

Idk where you are getting it helps with anxiety and doesn't trip you out, neither of those are remotely true. If chamomile and valerian doesn't work, you should probably exercise more. And fyi, benzos are extremely addictive and the withdrawal can kill, I wouldn't take them as a sleep aide just as you wouldn't take opiates as a sleep aide, though opiates probably would work better and be easier to quit...
If you wanted an illegal remedy, you could try Cannabis indica, safer then benzos/opiates at least.

I have used the benzo's before and i am aware of how addictive they are, i assure you i am only taking them for the day and the night before the wedding, i will then give them to my wife to be to hide from me (i have a very addictive personality)
I am currently growing the "northern lights" strain indica, which apparently has a high cbd percentage and is good for anxiety, and though the buds are flourishing i don't want to touch it till i get back.
I am a tradesmen and my work is very physical so i do a fair bit of exercise just by working, also i am disqualified for driving at the mo so i do a lot walking as well, not sure why the Valerian and Chamomile don't work, Even the lemon verbena from my lemon verbena tree works better...though still doesn't do much

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 pm 

I guess just different body chemistry and yea, that plan with the benzos can be done safely.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm 

I've only had two psychedelic experiences and both were from weed laced with weird shit. The first time we were smoking on the balcony of my friends apartment building. After smoking I feel weird, and then out of nowhere I fall down. It's really weird, I only pass out for a minute but I start dreaming while unconscious. I wake up and my vision turns yellow. This lasts for a few minutes, and I go to the washroom. I look in the mirror and my face is spinning and everything is red and yellow. After that the weird shit wore off and I was just really high. Never found out what the weed was laced with.

The next time we're at the bar and drink a substantial amount. When we get back there's some weed and apparently "it's not just ordinary pot". Anyway, I smoke an entire joint to myself and am immediately out of my mind. I go to bed and put on Skagos's Ast on my iPod. I soon start hallucinating. It's hard to explain, but I was seeing vivid patterns of light which were constantly changing (and sometimes resembled objects, such as a row of turtles stacked on top of each other) and experiencing a falling feeling. It was quite the experience.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am 

Byrain wrote:
MARSDUDE wrote:

S. divinorum leaf can be if you do it right, either way its not a relaxant. :lol: My friend is big on S. divinorum, his preferred method for getting very far out there was to combine the plain leaf with the extract.

Well there you go. Getting very far out there is quite different from taking a low dose. Believe me, I've taken salvia in extremely low doses and it is quite the relaxant. Even the extracts can be used effectively for relaxation. It's all about finding the right dose. The beauty of salvia is the threshold for tripping is so low, but at the same time, there are numerous pleasant effects that can be found without crossing that threshold.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:21 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:

Well there you go. Getting very far out there is quite different from taking a low dose. Believe me, I've taken salvia in extremely low doses and it is quite the relaxant. Even the extracts can be used effectively for relaxation. It's all about finding the right dose. The beauty of salvia is the threshold for tripping is so low, but at the same time, there are numerous pleasant effects that can be found without crossing that threshold.

well that's what got me interested, because wiki said a similar thing

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:19 am 

failsafeman wrote:

I've seen a lot of really amazing stuff, including a rainbow cathedral made of living crystal words, an entire universe made entirely of tiny points of light set against a black void, a thoroughly Judeo-Christian representation of god and heaven (definitely would have qualified as a religious experience, if I weren't an atheist).

Just wanted to point out that a spiritual or religious experience doesn't need to be theistic. I like the descriptor 'entheogen'; a substance that awakens your inner divinity. Whatever you may think of the validity of 'inner divinity', its a concept totally detached from theistic notions of spirituality and probably the correct term for almost all true spiritual experiences. All spirituality can only be experienced through the mind, even if some people think it origin is external.

Quote:
Basically I've smoked a looooot of DMT, and loved it

Have you imbibed ayahuasca? I'd advise you to do so....Ineffable. Also, DPT....:)

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 am 

This thread really makes me want to do drugs.

SladeCraven
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:50 pm 

Oh lord. Shrooms about broke my mind in half.

I was at a psytrance festival in Georgia called Sacred Seed and ate quite a large amount of extremely potent shrooms. I can't remember exactly how much, the guy had a lot of bags filled with them, so just know that it was a lot. He asked me as I was eating, "Now, you've tripped before right? You know how to handle yourself?" My reply, "Oh yeah, I've done shrooms once, done acid two or three times, smoked DMT resin once, I'm good." Big. Fucking. Mistake. So for those of you who don't know what psytrance is or how the festivals work, psytrance is essentially a psychedelic, faster, more intense version of trance music. It has a bass roll that keeps to 4/4 mostly and is usually pretty "trippy." Well, the more extreme version of this is called darkpsy, forest psy, or night psy. It's called this because as the festival gets later and later into the evening the music gets faster and faster, heavier and heavier, until around 2-3 am it is insanely heavy, dark, twisted music going all the way up into the 190 bpm range. Here is a sample encase you need the reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZjStuQ7zfU

So anyway, we all dosed around 9 or 10 pm. I've never been to a psytrance festival at this point nor have I heard darkpsy yet. Right off the bat my trip was too much. I was vomiting quite a bit, I felt very drunk, and it just wasn't a good experience. Then came the darkpsy. My. God. I literally could hear "God" in my mind telling me all of this crazy shit, the lord of the forest was asking me what I was doing there, the tree roots were crawling all over the ground while being lit up like lightning bolts, and all the while this evil ass sounding music was just murdering my psyche. I couldn't escape from it! So I finally just gave up running around and sat down somewhere off to the side of the stage and watched. There were a lot of fire performers(poi, hooping, staffing, etc.) putting on a good show and that helped to distract me a bit from the music. But dear God it was so awful and scary up until that point. I literally thought I was going to either go permanently insane or die. At one point I was walking up to random people and asking if they had any benzos so I could try and kill my trip.

So having pissed myself, nearly going insane, and having a general freak out, the trip started to subside, and just in time for morning trance. As the name suggests, morning trance is played at sunrise and is essentially just really pretty, uplifting, trance music. The end of quite a ridiculous night.

What makes this even better is, though I'm sober from drugs and alcohol now, I am a huge darkpsy fan. Even though it scared the shit out of me then, I guess I had some sort of connection to it in that trip and now I listen to it almost constantly when I can. But yeah, I've had some nice LSD experiences, and even one good mushroom experience, but that particular night scared me away from all psychedelics forever.

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 am 

This thread needs more ketamine. Seriously a plateau 2 level + trip blows acid and shrooms out of the water. It literally takes you to another dimension. with your eyes open.

SladeCraven
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:31 pm 

suleiman wrote:
This thread needs more ketamine. Seriously a plateau 2 level + trip blows acid and shrooms out of the water. It literally takes you to another dimension. with your eyes open.

I used to love K. It was a more comfortable sensation both physically and mentally, in my opinion. Nothing like a good k-hole.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 pm 

the guy who was looking after my house while i was gone reckons there is heaps of magic mushy's growing in my backyard... not sure if that is a good or bad thing

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 pm 

bloodycumshit wrote:
the guy who was looking after my house while i was gone reckons there is heaps of magic mushy's growing in my backyard... not sure if that is a good or bad thing

That's a good thing. A very very good thing.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 am 

SladeCraven wrote:
Oh lord. Shrooms about broke my mind in half.

I was at a psytrance festival in Georgia called Sacred Seed and ate quite a large amount of extremely potent shrooms. I can't remember exactly how much, the guy had a lot of bags filled with them, so just know that it was a lot. He asked me as I was eating, "Now, you've tripped before right? You know how to handle yourself?" My reply, "Oh yeah, I've done shrooms once, done acid two or three times, smoked DMT resin once, I'm good." Big. Fucking. Mistake. So for those of you who don't know what psytrance is or how the festivals work, psytrance is essentially a psychedelic, faster, more intense version of trance music. It has a bass roll that keeps to 4/4 mostly and is usually pretty "trippy." Well, the more extreme version of this is called darkpsy, forest psy, or night psy. It's called this because as the festival gets later and later into the evening the music gets faster and faster, heavier and heavier, until around 2-3 am it is insanely heavy, dark, twisted music going all the way up into the 190 bpm range. Here is a sample encase you need the reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZjStuQ7zfU

So anyway, we all dosed around 9 or 10 pm. I've never been to a psytrance festival at this point nor have I heard darkpsy yet. Right off the bat my trip was too much. I was vomiting quite a bit, I felt very drunk, and it just wasn't a good experience. Then came the darkpsy. My. God. I literally could hear "God" in my mind telling me all of this crazy shit, the lord of the forest was asking me what I was doing there, the tree roots were crawling all over the ground while being lit up like lightning bolts, and all the while this evil ass sounding music was just murdering my psyche. I couldn't escape from it! So I finally just gave up running around and sat down somewhere off to the side of the stage and watched. There were a lot of fire performers(poi, hooping, staffing, etc.) putting on a good show and that helped to distract me a bit from the music. But dear God it was so awful and scary up until that point. I literally thought I was going to either go permanently insane or die. At one point I was walking up to random people and asking if they had any benzos so I could try and kill my trip.

So having pissed myself, nearly going insane, and having a general freak out, the trip started to subside, and just in time for morning trance. As the name suggests, morning trance is played at sunrise and is essentially just really pretty, uplifting, trance music. The end of quite a ridiculous night.

What makes this even better is, though I'm sober from drugs and alcohol now, I am a huge darkpsy fan. Even though it scared the shit out of me then, I guess I had some sort of connection to it in that trip and now I listen to it almost constantly when I can. But yeah, I've had some nice LSD experiences, and even one good mushroom experience, but that particular night scared me away from all psychedelics forever.

Yeah, darkpsy is utterly ruthless. Unrelenting bizarre music. I can only really handle it when I'm sober; if I'm tripping I gravitate to the prog/full-on/minimal stage which, in Austrlia, is usually high class, smooth music.

I used to create and perform darkpsy but now just focus on ambient/IDM/minimal- which can be really dark also....

Good to see more psy fans here! :)

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:32 pm 

darkpsy is super dope

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
:lol: Let's fucking do it!

You know what they say, apetite comes with eating.

Nothing can kill my drunk fun.

Red wine hangovers are living death.

I would rather be dead than have a wine hangover.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next