Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:51 pm 

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/exclusiv ... s-for-you/

The following dates have been confirmed for DEATH TO ALL 1.

04/13/13 Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues w/ Masters of Metal (Agent Steel w/out John Cyriis)
04/15/13 Engelwood, CO @ Gothic Theatre w/ Vimana, Legion of Death
04/18/13 Detroit, MI@ St. Andrews Hall
04/19/13 Cleveland, OH @ House Of Blues Cleveland
04/20/13 Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
04/21/13 Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
04/23/13 Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
04/24/13 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
04/25/13 Philadelphia, PA @ Theater of the Living Arts w/ Believer
04/26/13 Silver Spring, MD@ The Fillmore (Silver Spring) w/ EXHUMED
04/27/13 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium w/ Aversed, Black Mass, Blacktrip, Epik Center, Forest of Remorse, Necronomichrist, EXHUMED
04/28/13 Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Concert Theatre
4/29: Mexico City, MX @ Circo Volador w/ Acrania (Mex)

The lineup will consist of Paul Masvidal, Sean Reinert, Steve DiGiorgio, the singer will be Max Phelps of Cynic(live shows)/Exist.
THE SETLIST WILL CONSIST OF THE FIRST 4 DEATH ALBUMS, THIS TOUR IS MERELY DTA1. DTA2 will be featured at Neurotic Deathfest, setlist consisting of the final 3 albums.

Anciients will also be touring with DTA. Special guests will be at each show.

Tickets on sale now!

Last edited by TheMysticWombat on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:03 am 

Hopefully this won't be as horribly mismanaged as last year's was, especially considering that Sick Drummer aren't involved this year.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:12 am 

Bump, massive update.
Will be at the LA show. We sold that shit out last time, hopefully we do the same again.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm 

I am going to the fucking Worcester date. No force of nature will stop me.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm 

I'm not fucking this one up like I did with Bolt Thrower, I'm taking my lunch when the box office opens tomorrow.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:11 pm 

Who do you think they'll get to do the Chuck role this time around?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm 

The newest tour poster.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 pm 

Well House of Blues Chicago has this band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Anc ... 3540359168 listed for the Death to All tour as well, seems kinda lame but ohwell. Hopefully there will be some other good bands as well, anybody heard anything on the matter?

Edit: according to live nation its just the pre sale tomorrow and regular tickets go on sale on Saturday.

Azmodes wrote:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 pm 

The Palladium show doesn't go on sale until Friday, so I'm getting my ticket the absolute moment midnight hits. I'm not missing this for the world.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 am 

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/death-to ... announced/

The singer-guitarist for this year's tour will be Max Phelps from Exist and Cynic.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 am 

Subrick wrote:
http://gunshyassassin.com/news/death-to-all-singer-announced/

The singer-guitarist for this year's tour will be Max Phelps from Exist and Cynic.

That hit me out of nowhere. :o

That dude is SICK! So essentially this is Cynic + Steve DiGiorgio on tour? I have no problem with that. Holy fuck, this is gonna be sick. I have a feeling this is gonna be slightly better than the first DTA, and that's saying a lot.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 pm 

Fuck yeah my wife just got me 2 tickets for my birthday! Thankfully I happened to ha be a Citi bank card laying around the house.

Azmodes wrote:

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm 

They're playing in Mexico the day after Toronto? Wow. Hope I can make the the MA date!

Knoterror
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:54 pm 

Definitely going to the MA date, April 27th needs to come already

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:35 am 

The tickets go on sale at 10:00 tomorrow morning. The moment I get up I am buying my ticket.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm 

It's been 1 minute past 10 and they're still not up! :grr:

EDIT: Bought them right after I posted this.
FUCK YES. FUCKING READY FOR ROUND 2! :headbang:
Anyone else going to the L.A. show?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:49 pm 

Just bought my ticket to the Worcester show.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 pm 

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/anciient ... ll-opener/

A band called Anciients is the tour opener. Never heard of them before, but they're on Season of Mist.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:48 pm 

Subrick wrote:
http://gunshyassassin.com/news/anciients-tapped-as-death-to-all-opener/

A band called Anciients is the tour opener. Never heard of them before, but they're on Season of Mist.

They've been confirmed since the very beginning, broski. :-P
More news:
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225 ... T-uylfhdiM

Motherfucking AGENT STEEL is gonna be at the LA date! Other bands are listed as well for other dates.
I can't wait! :hyper:

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 pm 

Is anyone else going to be at the Detroit show at St. Andrews Hall?

Also, I've heard alot of unnecessary and shitty things being said about Max. Not sure if it's rooted in the whole money-scandal thing that last years tour was projected to be about or something stemmed from an entirely different illegitimate hatred. Regardless, Cynic rules and there's no one more perfect for the job, in my opinion. Gotta remember those are big shoes to fill.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 am 

So I'm trying to find all the bands that are gonna be playing as well.
The Palladium in Worcester has all these bands:
Aversed, Black Mass, Blacktrip, Epik Center, Forest of Remorse, Necronomichrist

:o

Jesus! Guys, mention any updates in here!

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:24 am 

04/13/13 Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues w/ Masters of Metal (Agent Steel w/out John Cyriis)

:o

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:53 am 

You guys are lucky it's still just Death and Anciients for the Chicago show :(

Azmodes wrote:

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm 

Does anyone else think the ticket prices are a little...obnoxious? They're $35 online (plus other fees) and will probably be roughly the same at the door. That's a little ridiculous to me, especially when the whole legacy behind the band isn't going to be there. Just seems like a douchey scam.

$35 is the kind of shit you would expect from a national band like Muse that gets radio play everyday, NOT an underground Death Metal band. Sucks that most metal shows have stupid prices. I've never paid less than $15 for any metal show (with the exception of Vektor for $12), but the most you'll pay to see an underground garage rock/psychedelic or punk band will be $10. I wonder why that is? I can understand higher prices if a band is coming from Europe or out of the U.S. because it costs alot to tour, but come on...

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 pm 

Maniac Matis wrote:
Does anyone else think the ticket prices are a little...obnoxious? They're $35 online (plus other fees) and will probably be roughly the same at the door. That's a little ridiculous to me, especially when the whole legacy behind the band isn't going to be there. Just seems like a douchey scam.

$35 is the kind of shit you would expect from a national band like Muse that gets radio play everyday, NOT an underground Death Metal band. Sucks that most metal shows have stupid prices. I've never paid less than $15 for any metal show (with the exception of Vektor for $12), but the most you'll pay to see an underground garage rock/psychedelic or punk band will be $10. I wonder why that is? I can understand higher prices if a band is coming from Europe or out of the U.S. because it costs alot to tour, but come on...

It's DEATH TO ALL, and Death is fucking famous, they can't be underground. You seem a little stingy, bro. Last year I paid $39 (online fees) for Death and Gorguts, and it was fucking worth it. I honestly don't give a flying FUCK how much I have to pay to see a band that I want to see play. If the show was $50, I would take pride in the fact that I would be supporting the group. I don't even have a job, I'm going to college so I have no income. I'd still find a way to go see a band I am intent on seeing. Keep in mind that metal bands don't make much money on CD's or mp3's unless they are HEAVILY commercialized, they make most of their money through tours and merchandise now.

And $35 for Muse? They go for more (WITHOUT fees).

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:59 am 

Fuck I would've paid $100 to see Death and Gorguts together. And metal shows a cheap as hell usually, two years ago I paid like $15 to see Scar Symmetry and they're international. They only time I ever thought prices were ridiculous was when I say Heaven & Hell and it was like $70 for a seat in the nose bleeds.

Azmodes wrote:

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:52 pm 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
Maniac Matis wrote:

It's DEATH TO ALL, and Death is fucking famous, they can't be underground. You seem a little stingy, bro. Last year I paid $39 (online fees) for Death and Gorguts, and it was fucking worth it. I honestly don't give a flying FUCK how much I have to pay to see a band that I want to see play. If the show was $50, I would take pride in the fact that I would be supporting the group. I don't even have a job, I'm going to college so I have no income. I'd still find a way to go see a band I am intent on seeing. Keep in mind that metal bands don't make much money on CD's or mp3's unless they are HEAVILY commercialized, they make most of their money through tours and merchandise now.

And $35 for Muse? They go for more (WITHOUT fees).

Death isn't famous, lol. Maybe they are quite known amongst the metal community, but they're definitely not famous. Metallica is famous. If Paul Masvidal was walking down the street, people wouldn't be shitting over it. They probably wouldn't even acknowledge him. And I'm not stingy. I'm broke. There's a difference, lol! I'm still obviously gonna make the show, because Death is my #1 all time favorite band and Death is really what got me into extreme metal in the first place (besides the Big 4 - but I don't really consider them extreme, besides Slayer). The promoters/venues will make more money than the band members, anyways. But yeah, I do realize that for underground metal to get "out there" it needs to be heavily commercialized through tours, merch, and CD's/albums, because the media definitely won't do it.

Unless you're Varg, of course.

EDIT: And fuck man, if I could've afforded it, I would've paid $100 just to see Gorguts haha.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:23 am 

50$ to see a Death cover band playing awful songs from The Sound of Perseverance, Symbolic, and Individual thought Patterns. Count me in phuckk yeah :headbang:

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:35 pm 

Veracs wrote:
50$ to see a Death cover band playing awful songs from The Sound of Perseverance, Symbolic, and Individual thought Patterns. Count me in phuckk yeah :headbang:

Are you in the US or Europe?
Only Europe is getting the last 3 albums, the U.S. is getting the first 4.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:06 pm 

His location is clearly written underneath his name...and he's trolling even though he's right that this tour is an obvious cash grab.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 pm 

I had no idea that they were playing the first albums here in the US. That might actually be worth it if they reduced the price to the average 35 dollars that other bands charge, but then again they probably figure they can charge more since they're at least vaguely Death. If people enjoy this that's great, its not like this will happen again in a long time and I'm sure there are many willing to shell out the money to see them play Schuldiner's material. Good luck with the tour all and all

Under_Starmere wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 pm 

It is only $35 or at least it was when I bought my tickets.

Azmodes wrote:

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 am 

Veracs wrote:
I had no idea that they were playing the first albums here in the US. That might actually be worth it if they reduced the price to the average 35 dollars that other bands charge...

Tickets ARE around that price. Over here, it's $33 at the box office, $39 online.

wyzt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 pm 

The opener for the Chicago show is apparently gonna be chosen based on a contest...

http://apps.facebook.com/my-contests/luwdt

Entered it for shits and giggles with my band Nucleus. Expected some bigger bands to enter but its mostly smaller local bands. Hopefully its not just this and they still have a good direct support band.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm 

^
Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
it's still just Death and Anciients for the Chicago show

I hope you're band does open I just MA'ed your band and you guys seem pretty interesting. Who else is in the running?

Azmodes wrote:

wyzt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 pm 

Oh shit, I didn't see the thing about Anciients. A few of the bands are friends of ours..theres a few weedily weedily tech death bands. We are friends with They Die Screaming which are straight up death metal. If you are from Chicago I'd def recommend you catch them when they play a show, we've played a few shows with them and Elbow Deep(which shares a few members).

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:22 pm 

Yeah I live in the burbs near schaumburg. I've lost touch with the local metal scene through the years though due to my overly demanding job among other things, so I'm not firmiliar with any of those guys unfortunately. Are you going to be at the show even if you guys don't open?

Azmodes wrote:

wyzt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 pm 

Yea most likely.

VV Sounds good.

Last edited by wyzt on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:53 pm 

Yeah sure that'd be cool, there's only one problem, I'm not on the Facebook. So I have no problems hitting you up on MA in the future if that's cool with you. And please do go to the show even if you're not playing I know nobody else who's going except maybe this guy I work with so it'd be cool to run into somebody there.

Azmodes wrote:

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 am 

Wow, Anciients is opening for this? They're a local band for me, I've seen them a few times. They're pretty good but I actually haven't listened to their full length, and didn't know they got signed to Season of Mist. Crazy.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next