Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mortaest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 am 

Hi, I was on an other site before and I decided to move here because they were all noobs (and not friendly).

I spoke about this site with someone I know and he said there are some things that are missing. Like the grind genre. Other thing that is missing is the artist Marilyn Manson.

You have maybe good reasons, but it is just a suggestion ;)

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:13 am 

Mortaest wrote:
Hi, I was on an other site before and I decided to move here because they were all noobs (and not friendly).

I spoke about this site with someone I know and he said there are some things that are missing. Like the grind genre. Other thing that is missing is the artist Marilyn Manson.

You have maybe good reasons, but it is just a suggestion ;)

There are a lot of grind bands on here ... The ones that aren't are punk-based, rather than metal-based. And Marilyn Manson is far from being metal.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:32 am 

Grindcore is a hybrid genre, just like metalcore, crossover, and deathcore. There's different levels of metal influence between bands - some bands like Rotten Sound, Agathocles, Terrorizer, The Kill (etc) are all on this site because they (or at least one of their releases) are predominantly metallic. Grindcore bands with too much crust/punk/noise influence are rejected.

And what does shock rock/industrial have to do with metal? :p Grindcore, I can understand, but Marilyn Manson isn't even *close* to being metal, dude...

Mortaest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 am 

Ok for grind, I didn't know.

But isn't early Marilyn Manson Industrial Metal? I agree it's closer to rock right now, but it doesn't mean he must be excluded. It's like Ulver who did black metal in the beginning, but they do ambient music now (I don't know what you think but I think they should have stayed in black metal)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 am 

Uh no, Marilyn Manson's early stuff was just industrial.

While I agree there can sometimes be a confusing/annoyingly fine line between guitar-driven industrial and industrial metal, even Marilyn Manson's :metal:heavier‍‌‌Image music shies pretty clear of the metal border. Most Marilyn Manson fans I know of agree he's not even metal, so I'm always puzzled when people make this connection. :confused:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 am 

Nothing to discuss here that hasn't been discussed a thousand times already. OP, please use the search function next time/inform yourself before making threads.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.