Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm 

Not everyone got a response. I posted about Moth about 10 days ago and still not a word, except for one of the moderators chiming in that they are just discussing the band amongst themselves.

Don't see what all there is to discuss - the band is metal and they have a valid release out.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:21 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
Not everyone got a response. I posted about Moth about 10 days ago and still not a word, except for one of the moderators chiming in that they are just discussing the band amongst themselves.

Don't see what all there is to discuss - the band is metal and they have a valid release out.

Moth is now unblacklisted. Feel free to submit.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

atheism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
:lol: Oh boy, this ought to be good...

Please post your evidence here, right now. The band was blacklisted for being an alleged hoax, as no solid evidence of a release exists. :p

Also, if your "evidence" simply consists of this photograph here you're going to have to provide better proof than that. That could be easily bootlegged... got a link to the buyer's site?

The buyers link was deleted, so for the guy that question me its name and localization, the name was simply "LD" and its supposedly localization is China.

Well, I understand the situation and restrictions of KP, but the foreigns that visit that country can get some things in the country, and its posible that some people could obtain this demo inside the country.

So for the internet restrictions, some foreigns says that in Pyongyang (supposedly localization of the band) there is a Cybercoffe (the unique in the country), and in this place is possible to enter to the web (i don't now if myspace is available)... the service is available since April 2010 (year that the myspace site was created)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mundo/noticias/2012/12/121211_tecnologia_internet_corea_norte_aa.shtml

There is also internet in the university of Pyongyang (more monitored)
http://www.diariolibre.com/tecnologia/2013/01/08/i366769_presidente-google-visita-universidad-norcoreana.html

check the profile of the band in this place http://www.metalkingdom.net/album/63127_demo_tape

It even has rating (82.5)
and Fleshgod (a Korean guy) says: Severely guryeoseo recording sounds well not seem to be somewhat proficient. Pyongyang foreigners like the resistance gaenjeokeuro playin think. (Translated)

Well, if you think that this band is fake and my copy (obtained only for 15 dollars) was lost money, say me and i will delete my draft, so if you think that the band is real, unblacklist it and i will submit, thanks for your atention. :)

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:36 pm 

I'm more interested in how they recorded and duplicated the demo, more than their internet access....

atheism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:01 am 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
I'm more interested in how they recorded and duplicated the demo, more than their internet access....

I think (not sure) that it is possible that they self-recorded their songs (you can listen the quality of the demo), there are ways (4-track cassettes, PC's). etc
and the duplicate can be done with a simply radio-recorder.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:27 am 

Okay, I'm intrigued. But the distribution and recording isn't why I'm sceptical.

I fail to see how there's people inside the walls of North Korea who could've been exposed enough to metal (a thing of western culture) with very, very limited Internet access. Just how much metal gets imported into North Korea, anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really see music chains selling metal CDs in NK... :p

atheism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:04 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Okay, I'm intrigued. But the distribution and recording isn't why I'm sceptical.

I fail to see how there's people inside the walls of North Korea who could've been exposed enough to metal (a thing of western culture) with very, very limited Internet access. Just how much metal gets imported into North Korea, anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really see music chains selling metal CDs in NK... :p

Really i dont have idea, but it was possible that in mp3 format introduce by foreigners, (they have permissions for introduce mp3's players) cause a CD is very difficult cause is a "thing of western culture" as you say. and you can see that lately the goverment in NK is allowing more things for thir population as for they foreigners, even they can introduce their telephones now!!

Well, I'm not sure as their people exposed to the metal.
Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQoBnUO3ZqQ
A guy says "Well . . . in USSR we had rock/metal bands. Iran,China,Cuba have metal bands too. Plus I been lucky and actually talked to some North Koreans ( have some in Russia ) and they told me that NK have metal bands. Band members dont get arrested and motivaiting metal music as "look we not worth than "West" and with it spreading messege of communism""

It's possible that the band was really from KP.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 am 

Yeah well, I WANT to believe this band is legit, oh trust me, how I want to believe that...

Thing is, it could just have easily been uploaded by somebody for grins (quite possibly a bored, giggling South Korean) and somebody saw an opportunity to bootleg some tapes. We have no idea as to the project's origin or authenticity... the whole shroud of mystery that cloaks the band is pretty much gonna make it impossible to tell fact from fiction. :rolleyes:

As I said dude, I WANT to believe this band is real, but the odds of that much old-school death metal finding its way into the country, inspiring a clique group of metalheads, and inspiring them enough to start a band that plays the style WELL... yeah, I'm sorry, but it's too damn unlikely.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, wait... something's not adding up. The evidence you posted here clearly depicts the copy's number as #15... and so does the scan on the Metal Kingdom page (which, BTW, is never a valid source of evidence anyway. :p It's basically another Spirit-of-Metal).

Now, the guy who added that, Lord Deimos... yeah, erh, his profile says he's from China, but after registering/logging in, I got his e-mail address, [email protected]. My e-mail bounced, so I Googled the first part... which led me to this. Aaaand look who one of the page owners is...

Dude. Are you trying to bullshit us?

Blither
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 am 

Wow, nice researching Alhadis. Kudos for finding all of that out.

My brother in law is Korean. If I see him I'll ask what the printing on the cover translates to.

Blither
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 am 

Just curious, why was KYOTY blacklisted? It seems like atmospheric, instrumental sludge metal to me:
http://kyoty.bandcamp.com/
I was going to add them, but I guess I can't. Can I get a clarification?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 am 

Blither wrote:
Just curious, why was KYOTY blacklisted? It seems like atmospheric, instrumental sludge metal to me: http://kyoty.bandcamp.com/

More sludge/post-rock than metal, mate. Sorry. ;)

Blither
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 am 

Not a problem. :)
Alhadis, you have a way of rejecting people and making them feel good at the same time, by the way. :D
It's too bad about this band though, because I really like them. I'm listening to their last full album now.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:55 am 

Heh, there's a lot of bands I like that aren't acceptable for the site either, mate. :) One perfect example would be The Angelic Process.

KarhuManagement
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 pm 

KarhuManagement wrote:
Hi Guys, Mark Parry here.
I have registered and tried to add the UK/Finnish band Karhu to the database.
A message appears saying that a band called Karhu for UK is blacklisted.
As far as we are aware the band have not tried to register before.

According to the blacklist, it was deemed not metallic enough to be added to the site.

As I think this may be confusion with a different band, is there any way someone could check out the links provided for a second opinion please.

http://karhu.bandcamp.com/album/survival-of-the-richest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_9M3NqmqaI
http://www.thekarhugroove.com/

Regards Mark P

shunsuikyouraku
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:38 pm 

Hello, I posted a band called Dark Code (Spain), which was rejected asking if their only album is physical or only digital. I add some information about that.

Well, the album was released physically in 2012, before that songs were recorded at demos in 2011. The albums are sold by the band or representing people on concerts and local metal places. Do I need to post any photos? There are no photos in the internet, because they are a pretty new band, and I don't own a copy myself. However, this band was semi-finalist on Wacken metal battle on 2011 and 2012. They also are about to release a second album called "Processed mind", which has already a videoclip available to see in youtube.

I hope this will be enough for the moment, thanks

Blither
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:43 pm 

Boatman's Lament:

I won't argue with the overall ruling, since there is a significant amount of lighter music parts that could make it debatable and go either way. But Metantoine, your comment left me a bit baffled:

Metantoine wrote:
Not metal enough, especially not death metal. They have some heavy moments, but that's like 1/4th of their overall sound, we have to wait like 6 minutes in every song to hear "metal" riffs.

That leads me to believe that you didn't really listen to it. Sure, the first song has a 5:45 minute wait until it gets heavy, but the rest aren't close to as long. The third song is heavy almost right from the start.

Secondly, you sounded like you were actually annoyed that I even included the word "Death" as a descriptor. Seriously, it isn't necessary for you to 'teach' me about death metal by linking to an Immolation video on Youtube.

Thirdly, is it really required that you lock threads right after you leave a condescending comment? That's twice in one day now that you've done that to me. The "debate whether this is metal" thread had 21 posts in it before yours, and it was less than 30 hours old so it wasn't like people weren't commenting in it.

And now I'm guessing you'll probably ban me, but what I said needed to be said. I'm starting to have some serious second thoughts about coming forth to start giving back to a site I've used anonymously for almost 10 years now.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:21 pm 

I checked the 4 songs in their entirety and it always bothers me a great deal when people say we don't listen to the submission because we do. It's easy to say when someone disagree with our views, eh? And, yep, this band was definitely not death metal nor acceptable for this site in my opinion. With all due respect, if you really considered the band death metal, you have some things to learn despite your age.

From their Reverbnation:
Quote:
With a doom-like heaviness, bL somehow bridges the gap between suffocating down tuned sludge/doom outfits like Black Sabbath, Neurosis and ISIS, meandering prog bands like Opeth and The Tea Party, all with the vocal sensibilities of Alice in Chains and Acid Bath alike

They consider themselves to be a mix of these bands, kind of true, yeah, but they're influenced by the non metal elements for the most part. They do have some metal elements, but not enough like I already said. If they base their full length album on "They Came in Droves" perhaps it would be more acceptable for MA, this song has clear sludge elements contrary to the others and has harsh vocals, 30 minutes of this? Sure, I would accept the band. The last song sounds a lot like Tool, a band we don't consider metal.

Maybe I was too hasty to reject them, but overall the band wasn't metal for me

The other mods can check them out here: http://www.reverbnation.com/boatmanslament

As for your other criticism towards my modding, I was right to lock a thread about a band who's not on the site (so doesn't fit in the Promo forum) and it was in the wrong forum, I thought my explanation was clear enough. As for the comment about the length of the songs, it was an hyperbole.

I was a bit annoyed by your comment in this thread. You said "Not surprising, since right now they sort of sound like Justin Beiber on speed" why create a debate on the metalness of the band if in the first place, this is your opinion? Most people agreed the band wasn't metal too so I thought the thread needed a lock.

I won't ban you, man...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Blither
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:57 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
I checked the 4 songs in their entirety and it always bothers me a great deal when people say we don't listen to the submission because we do.
It was this comment that had me convinced that you only listened to the first song:
Metantoine wrote:
They have some heavy moments, but that's like 1/4th of their overall sound, we have to wait like 6 minutes in every song to hear "metal" riffs.
You only described the first song here. The word "every" did not belong.

Metantoine wrote:
And, yep, this band was definitely not death metal nor acceptable for this site in my opinion. With all due respect, if you really considered the band death metal, you have some things to learn...
I didn't consider them death metal. I only included 'Death' in the set of adjectives for them because their songs do contain a fair amount of growls. That was it. I'm only trying best to give potential listeners some idea of what to expect. I also put 'Sludge' and 'Doom', so no self-respecting metalhead should think that they're going to hear Nile or something.

Metantoine wrote:
Maybe I was too hasty to reject them, but overall the band wasn't metal for me.

That I can respect. There's never a good enough reason to not just give your opinion. As I said, I knew they could be kind of iffy anyway.

Metantoine wrote:
I was a bit annoyed by your comment in this thread. You said "Not surprising, since right now they sort of sound like Justin Beiber on speed." Why create a debate on the metalness of the band if in the first place, this is your opinion?
Stating that they "sound like Justin Beiber on speed" was my way of making fun of them, particularly the singer. I stated up front that I didn't dislike the guitar work, which I felt could have possibly been considered metal - which is why i was curious to get other people's opinions. I'm still wondering what the responses might have been had they heard the music with no vocals.

They weren't just some random band, remember. Although I don't know them, they're from the town I grew up in and lived in until my late 20's.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:22 pm 

Blither wrote:
I'm starting to have some serious second thoughts about coming forth to start giving back to a site I've used anonymously for almost 10 years now.

First of all, let me start out by saying: please don't go. :( You've only registered here recently, but you've already submitted some nice and detailed drafts, and demonstrated to me that you've the potential to make a great contributor. :) Tony didn't mean to come across as condescending, buddy... it's hard to maintain a tactful demeanour AND enforce the rules and proper behaviour on a forum where being made fun of is the better alternative to being sworn at and/or threatened.

Quote:
I only included 'Death' in the set of adjectives for them because their songs do contain a fair amount of growls. That was it. I'm only trying best to give potential listeners some idea of what to expect.

Alright... as the resident angry death/grind lover, I can attest that seeing the (ab)use of the "Death Metal" and "Grindcore" descriptors can really get under some people's skin. :lol: A lot of bands use death vocals without having a single trace of any death metal musically - it's always important to remember vocal styles don't define metal styles. ;)

Now... regarding the music, I can hear the metallic elements you're referring to, but I happen to agree with Tony. The underlying bulk of the music is largely alternative/grunge that's dabbling with a few metallic elements here and there. There's a few sections that're undeniably doom metal (the latter half of the first track, for example), but a band has to come across to us as a predominantly metal one before we can accept them. If a band comes from a background of grunge and alternative, and starts blending that style with metal, it's going to be a lot harder to weigh the metallic elements against the non-metallic ones, for example, since they're a band approaching metal from the wrong angle.

I'm afraid that while this band is indeed heavy, it's not sufficiently metallic enough by the site's guidelines, mate. Sorry. :(

Blither
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Blither wrote:
I'm starting to have some serious second thoughts about coming forth to start giving back to a site I've used anonymously for almost 10 years now.

First of all, let me start out by saying: please don't go. :( You've only registered here recently, but you've already submitted some nice and detailed drafts, and demonstrated to me that you've the potential to make a great contributor. :) Tony didn't mean to come across as condescending, buddy... it's hard to maintain a tactful demeanour AND enforce the rules and proper behaviour on a forum where being made fun of is the better alternative to being sworn at and/or threatened.

It's cool - I won't go anywhere. :) And thank you for the kind words; you and I have had several interactions recently and they've been very friendly, which is awesome. And I hear what you're saying about tactful demeanor while you're trying to enforce rules. It's hard, and I've actually run a PHPbb board before and had to deal with hundreds of users, with a team of about a dozen people to help me moderate it, so I know what that's like and can imagine it gets much harder when you multiply that number by 10 or more. I actually wasn't even that angry, but I did feel I needed to make some kind of statement about it.

I didn't register recently though; I don't understand why it says "16 Jan 2013" because I actually signed up years ago, probably in 2004 or 2005. That was when I was using the site the most (just not posting or contributing). When I just recently came back (on the 16th) I had to use the "forgot password" link, but my username was still intact.

Alhadis wrote:
Alright... as the resident angry death/grind lover, I can attest that seeing the (ab)use of the "Death Metal" and "Grindcore" descriptors can really get under some people's skin. :lol: A lot of bands use death vocals without having a single trace of any death metal musically - it's always important to remember vocal styles don't define metal styles. ;)
Heh, point taken. I can see how that can really irritate someone. Lesson learned. :)

Alhadis wrote:
I'm afraid that while this band is indeed heavy, it's not sufficiently metallic enough by the site's guidelines, mate. Sorry. :(
No, don't worry - it's totally fine. I knew that they might not pass muster. I really wasn't upset about it; I made the conscious decision when I started this to not argue the decisions on metalness. I may question a little from time to time, but I'll never throw a fit over it even if I disagree.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:41 pm 

Sorry if I seemed condescending and Al appears to be the good cop :) I moderate the forum and it can be rough and harsh on me.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Blither
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm 

Don't worry about it, man. I'm sorry I gave you reason to lash out a bit. :) I know that what you do can be pretty hard work.

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 pm 

I have a one man band of depressive / ambient black metal, from Brazil,called Inpitch, and are went to the blacklist, for reasons I do not have physical copies, good, Depressive Illusions Records agreed to make 33 copies that are available on their official site then I was wondering if you could take the banda the blacklist for me to try one more subimisson, anyway I am grateful, thank you.

Band page:
https://www.facebook.com/inpitch.dsbm
Phisycal copie:
http://depressiveillusions.com/items/cd ... isillusion

Thank you!

Last edited by inpitch on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrMefistO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm 

I'm sorry, but I want to add "I Chaos (Russia)" submission, but I can't. I have 3 physical CD's of them.
So, why this band was blacklisted? Two of this albums can be marked as Funeral Doom Metal.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 pm 

inpitch wrote:
I have a one man band of depressive / ambient black metal, from Brazil,called Inpitch, and are went to the blacklist, for reasons I do not have physical copies, good, Depressive Illusions Records agreed to make 33 copies that are available on their official site then I was wondering if you could take the banda the blacklist for me to try one more subimisson, anyway I am grateful, thank you.

Blacklisted for being mainly acoustic/ambient.

DrMefistO wrote:
I'm sorry, but I want to add "I Chaos (Russia)" submission, but I can't. I have 3 physical CD's of them.
So, why this band was blacklisted? Two of this albums can be marked as Funeral Doom Metal.

There's no note in the blacklist, and nothing on the forums that I can find. As I'm not familiar with the band, I've unblacklisted them... but if it turns out they're not metal (which I suspect they're not), they're quickly going back on. :p

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:08 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
DrMefistO wrote:

There's no note in the blacklist, and nothing on the forums that I can find. As I'm not familiar with the band, I've unblacklisted them... but if it turns out they're not metal (which I suspect they're not), they're quickly going back on. :p

From what I remember the band wasn't metal, so DrMefistO be sure they are really predominantly metal with real riffs and provide samples, of course, preferably full album(s).

Roland502
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 pm 

Please Help My Submission of the Brutal Death Metal Band Resting in Hell Thank You

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:20 pm 

Roland502 wrote:
Please Help My Submission of the Brutal Death Metal Band Resting in Hell Thank You

This isn't brutal death, dude. This is. Having BDM-style vocals and programmed drums isn't gonna make your project brutal death. This is noisy bass-powered grindcore... zero BDM riffing going on here at all.

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm 

Alhadis

Sure bro, this is Acoustic/Ambient for you?
http://youtu.be/wm96xErlSME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89zg6U2wpxs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILTIyDjGQ0E

look the genre in website of label too, thank you for atention!!
http://depressiveillusions.com/items/cd ... isillusion

Porman told me on page 177/178 when I make a valid release, he would remove the black list
Porman wrote:
When you have a valid release, then we will remove it.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm 

inpitch wrote:
Sure bro, this is Acoustic/Ambient for you?

Yeah, some tracks might be metal, but when a band is blacklisted as "mostly ambient/acoustic", it usually means the majority of tracks are non-metal.

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 pm 

Oh, I understand! so, what can I do for my band get out of black list?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:15 pm 

inpitch wrote:
Oh, I understand! so, what can I do for my band get out of black list?

Record a release that's fully metal and has no acoustic/ambient tracks - or at least as few as possible.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 pm 

Hello, still wondering of any moderator has had a chance to download and listen to Paranoid Freak Out? They have metal riffs and not just one song all the songs and they have a physical release, don't know what reason they were blacklisted for. Thank you. Here is the link for their 2010 Demo I uploaded to Mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?mqq41f28cyn4o9g

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 pm 

Right bro, thank you, its in progress a phisycal copie of split, and a new full lenght!

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm 

inpitch wrote:
Right bro, thank you, its in progress a phisycal copie of split, and a new full length!

Alright mate, no worries. :) Bear in mind that we're going to need to have a copy of each song in order to properly evaluate it... sorry, but that's just protocol. Selective sampling is responsible for a lot of non-metal bands leaking their way into the site.

RazorDick wrote:
Hello, still wondering of any moderator has had a chance to download and listen to Paranoid Freak Out?

I'm downloading it now. Will get back to you.

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:41 pm 

Right, I will contact soon, Thanks for attention bro

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 pm 

Thank you, I trust your judgment Alhadis :)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 pm 

Trollkopf wrote:
Hi there, the band I want to upload is blacklisted, and I came to show you some evidence:
First is that the band, "Aura" from spain, is the new project by Naamath from "Dunkles Gebet", but in this one he called himself no more Naamath, so he called Trollkopf.
The new project is ambient, but it has also metal tracks like this one:

Okay, a bit late on getting back to you, but that song you linked to is the ONLY metal track in that whole 7-track demo. The rest is pure keyboard ambient with BM vocals... :facepalm:

RazorDick wrote:
Thank you, I trust your judgment Alhadis :)

Okay, I've absolutely no idea why this band was blacklisted. :lol: This is solid, meaty grind packed with DM riffs. Only questionable elements are the vocals, which're littered with that annoying gang shouting/hardcore yelling... but that's obviously got no bearing on how we decide metalness. I've unblacklisted it, you're free to submit, mate. :)

Fucking great music too!! :D

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 pm 

Thank you! Yes they are awesome, I had the demo on repeat just to make sure before I asked. Thanks again. You rule!

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 am 

Hello.

I may or may not receive extreme flak for this, but I figure that if Soulfly can make it, why the fuck not?

I would like to make a legitimate case to have Dir en Grey removed from the blacklist so far based solely on their most recent album, Dum Spiro Spero. I'll admit that, being a creepy weeaboo who's all up in that anime shit and therefore having known about them for years, the truth is that I haven't had any true interest in them until now because Dum Spiro Spero is, straight up, a hardcore- and nu-deficient exercise in... some kind of avant-garde doom metal. I'm hearing death metal, death/doom, some funeral doom, maybe a bit of sludge, a pinch of post-metal, and probably other things that I'm having some difficulty picking out. Seriously, I was surprised; it's almost as heavy as some of Meshuggah's material, but lacking completely the djent. It's some odd stuff, but it's definitely metal.

If I may, here are a few songs off of that album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQErjKxpepM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBSGEVmZ0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1XZ0_sLQpw

If you need more for consideration, Youtube is sure to have enough people frothing at the mouth for them and a few of them have likely uploaded the entirety of it. I haven't, admittedly, listened to much of their prior material at all, but to my understanding, all it takes is one album.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 541  Next