Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 pm 

Yet another long delayed release is about to hit the shelves in Feb. This album has been rumoured from 2009 and now the time has come and I for one can not fucking wait! Not much more info at the minute though the cover is def business as usual. Will be interesting to see if this will be ambient only or a mix of black, either way this is certainly good news. I see it only for release on tape at the minute so hopefully the cd will follow.

http://en.prophecy.de/paysage-d-hiver-das-tor.html

Last edited by STORMM on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 pm 

I'm ready to order this, but is it a CD or a cassette? I'm guessing tape means cassette. That sucks, because I don't really use cassettes. Hopefully when the Cd follows the tape release, I'll pick that up. Cassette is just not for me.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:18 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I'm guessing tape means cassette.

:lol: :nono:

I should really check this band, I always liked the name

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I'm ready to order this, but is it a CD or a cassette? I'm guessing tape means cassette. That sucks, because I don't really use cassettes. Hopefully when the Cd follows the tape release, I'll pick that up. Cassette is just not for me.

Cassette indeed metaldiscussor666 :) . There has been a track on his myspace for a very long time which you can hear below but im not sure if this made the final cut or not.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=150rYT2cDUw

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 pm 

Outstanding band with only good releases so far!

I have already pre-ordered this one, and hell I am looking forward to it.
I suppose a cd version will be out later, in the traditional A5 version.

Iggnsthe
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:25 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:

Kunstall will be putting this out on CD at some point, I believe.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:26 pm 

I don't own any material by paysage d'hiver. where is the best place I can find their releases on CD? I want die festung except I don't see it on discogs.

Last edited by metaldiscussor666 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I'm guessing tape means cassette.

:lol: :nono:

I should really check this band, I always liked the name

You should Tony, his music is like the winter version of Darkspace only with more distortion and if you enjoy ambient only 'Die Festung' is the best in the business imo.

Iggnsthe
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I don't own any material by paysage d'hiver. where is the best place I can find their releases on CD?

Discogs, if you're lucky and willing to spend a lot of money.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I don't own any material by paysage d'hiver. where is the best place I can find their releases on CD?

To be honest ebay could be as good as place as any. They A5 cds are usually on it, can be a bit pricy though due to the limited amount.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 pm 

STORMM wrote:

You should Tony, his music is like the winter version of Darkspace only with more distortion and if you enjoy ambient only 'Die Festung' is the best in the business imo.

Yeah, like I said on the chat to Iggnsthe, I like Darkspace, but I think their spacey ambient parts are often boring. I'm gonna check PD'H soon.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:44 pm 

Tony.... .... :o ..... ....TONY. Are you fucking kidding me? My balls shrink to the size of almonds at the thought of how much Quebecois black metal and stoner doom you've spent time on before even peeking into the mighty World of Wintherr. I am shocked, sir. Shocked and permanently scandalized. You are a mod, and with modhood come certain unshirkable responsibilities.

Absolutely wonderful news about this release, hopefully it'll happen on the same day as Summoning, kinda like Hollywood summer blockbusters duel over weekend spots. :)

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm 

Spoiler: show

something familiar about the artwork

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:53 pm 

Ask Morrigan or Hellblazer if they heard this band!? There's plenty of black metal bands I know that I haven't checked yet, I like to buy music and sadly, I'm broke these days, that's one of the reasons. Also, I'm sure I'll be scandalized too if you list some bands you haven't heard!

TikrasTamsusNaktis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 pm 

Amazing news! Considering I literally JUST finished listening to "Winterkalte" ahha. I was wondering as I was looking at the Paysage page here on the archives when a new album will be released and here it is! Sweet!

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm 

Forgot to mention the price of the cassette (tape :-P ) is a bit mad :eek: . I say it will still sell like fuck all the same. I will hold back for the cd so lets hope it is not far behind. I think it is safe to change Kuntshall status back to active as it is currently at unknown.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:15 pm 

No worries, Tony, I'm just... I... I feel for you. :D His releases do tend to be on the expensive side, and some you might never get the chance to buy anytime soon, so I'd strongly recommend you....ahem....attempt to experience these albums by alternative means. YouTube at the very least.

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm 

I'm a huge fan of Paysage D'Hiver, especially with Einsamkeit and Die Festung. I'll definitely be checking this out

Last edited by Psytopsy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:25 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
No worries, Tony, I'm just... I... I feel for you. :D His releases do tend to be on the expensive side, and some you might never get the chance to buy anytime soon, so I'd strongly recommend you....ahem....attempt to experience these albums by alternative means. YouTube at the very least.

I don't have a problem with downloading (and I am dl these albums), I was more talking in general :)

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm 

This should be great, it's been too long.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:50 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:

I don't have a problem with downloading (and I am dl these albums), I was more talking in general :)

Right on. I suggest starting with the self-titled.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm 

Yeah, that one and Steineiche are the best.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 pm 

Really? Damn, I don't know... I'd have to say Winterkalte is as good or better, as well as some of the others. Though Winterkalte might be too vast to swallow as an introduction point.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 pm 

Einsamkeit is a damn fine release also. The first two I got when they were re-issued was the self titled and Die Festung and even though the later is ambient only I consider it one of his best releases, a perfect winter soundtrack, great to chill out to.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:28 pm 

I... haven't heard Winterkalte :oh shit:

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm 

Fucking hell, I love the band, I love tapes, I love colleting records, but... almost 11 euros for a tape? Bullshit.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

ginometalhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 pm 

Wonderful news indeed! PDH is breathtaking ambient black metal, and a source of inspiration for my own one-man bedroom project for many years now. His creations are very hard to find. I was able to purchase three of his digipack CD booklets years ago at a metal record store that has since gone out of business. Schattengang, Kristal und Isa, and Die Festung are the three that I am privileged to own. I would pay good money for any of the others I do not yet own.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm 

mindshadow wrote:

something familiar about the artwork

There is indeed mindshadow. Would be interesting to know if there is a concept behind the arwork.You can see the same figure on both covers walking through the snow heading towards that strange shaped building? I always love the covers that he uses, very fitting to the music.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 pm 

ginometalhead wrote:
Wonderful news indeed! PDH is breathtaking ambient black metal, and a source of inspiration for my own one-man bedroom project for many years now. His creations are very hard to find. I was able to purchase three of his digipack CD booklets years ago at a metal record store that has since gone out of business. Schattengang, Kristal und Isa, and Die Festung are the three that I am privileged to own. I would pay good money for any of the others I do not yet own.

all the others you need bar the self titled are readily available (Prophecy Productions for starters).....was bidding on Schattengang on Ebay last week but ended up going a bit higher than I'm prepared to spend on a CD

Flugeldufel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 pm 

I'll be ordering this the instant I hear of an A5. The Kunsthall website has also listed a Schnee A5 as coming soon for a couple years now...

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 pm 

I've never bought a Paysage d'Hiver album because of the expensiveness and rarity. I may get this one since I used to love black metal so much, especially the winter-soundscape sort. I grew tired of it all awhile ago but I've listened to Paysage before and was left frigid; very good, cold music. I'm listening to "Ewig Leuchten die Sterne" now and my interest is rekindling.

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 am 

Awesome, will be "acquiring" this one for sure!

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 am 

STORMM wrote:
[

More distortion than Darkspace?? perhaps is too much for me but can you recommend me something? I listened to them many years ago but I forgot if I liked them or not hahaha.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
STORMM wrote:
[

More distortion than Darkspace?? perhaps is too much for me but can you recommend me something? I listened to them many years ago but I forgot if I liked them or not hahaha.

Try the self titled PB, it is a solid release, violins and all! The thing about PDH is thet are a band you need to listen to the albims as a whole, you just could not put one track on if you know what I mean. The atmosphere is striking and as many would agree prob best listened to while going for a walk on a winters night. In some cases his work may take a few listens to sink in as it is most certainly not for all, but in the right frame of mind the atmosphere is incedible.

The_Erlking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 am 

I can only echo the other guys recommending the self-titled one to new listeners. I'm usually very skeptic about atmospheric one-man black metal projects and all but this one is really that stunning.
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

Mike_235
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:07 am 

It's always nice to load up these forums to see news like this! Paysage D'Hivers's self titled release clicked with me instantly (The last 5 or so minutes of Der Weg has got to be the most trance inducing music I've ever heard), but his other stuff took longer to sink in. Now my favorites include Winterkälte, Die Festung and Einsamkeit.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:47 pm 

I really dig the tracks that have been released for this, but minimum order of 14 euros + shipping = ~30 USD for a tape... What the fuck? I've bought DLPs from overseas for less than this... Too bad there's no distribution outside Prophecy either.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 pm 

Wow, I didn't know a song had been put online for this. It's REALLY good. Transcendental melodies and hypnotic.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:36 pm 

Anything other than "Ewig Leuchten die Sterne" yet? That one's been online for quite a while now, and it's really good. Wasn't sure if it was actually going to make it onto the album, though.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 pm 

Krav wrote:
I really dig the tracks that have been released for this, but minimum order of 14 euros + shipping = ~30 USD for a tape... What the fuck? I've bought DLPs from overseas for less than this... Too bad there's no distribution outside Prophecy either.

Even without shipping, it's an absurd price for a tape. They usually sell for less than half - and I'm talking actual pro tapes with pro printed covers and all.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next