Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 am 

cant wait for the adversarial/imposer split to finally drop. particularly interested in the adversarial side as their split with antediluvian last year was some seriously awesome death metal

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm 

Is Coldworld's new album coming out anytime soon?and is Silencer ever going to come out with anything new?

Might of been mentioned i'm not sure as i'm lazy and didn't read all the prevoius pages

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 pm 

bloodycumshit wrote:
Is Coldworld's new album coming out anytime soon?and is Silencer ever going to come out with anything new?

Might of been mentioned i'm not sure as i'm lazy and didn't read all the prevoius pages

I'm dying for a ColdWorld update. All we have is that Myspace post to tease us for now.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:51 pm 

Dude, Silencer has been split up for a long time. Check band pages before asking.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:09 am 

But didn't you see? He's lazy by his own admission and that makes it okay to not look up incredibly simple information on the very website he's posting on!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am 

BastardHead wrote:
But didn't you see? He's lazy by his own admission and that makes it okay to not look up incredibly simple information on the very website he's posting on!

spot on buddy!

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 pm 

New Gorguts is by far my most anticipated but seeing as there's been no indication that will ever see the light of day, the new Baring Teeth album should be more than sufficient. To echo everyone else here, new Immolation, Ulcerate, Wormed top my "most anticipated list," in addition to anything Shatraug-related (aside from another Lair of Necromancy.)

Edit: Dawn(swe)'s had samples floating around the web the last few years for the new album (The Fourfold Furnace.) From what I remember the short clips were pretty bland, sounded nothing like Slaughtersun and a bit overproduced for my liking

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm 

No one has mentioned Imperium Dekadenz yet so I'm going to say it....

IMPERIUM DEKADENZ!!!

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:54 pm 

Does anyone give a shit Mithras is planning an album release this year?

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 am 

Hastein45 wrote:

I do!

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 pm 

Forgot about this one earlier but Ghoulgotha's debut on Dark Descent is sounding pretty promising too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1OXlidtr5w

Byrial1991
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 pm 

IdiotFlesh wrote:

IMPERIUM DEKADENZ!!!

Oh yes, can't wait for this one. I love everything Imperium Dekadenz released so far, and hopefuly it won't be different with this one.

I'm also looking forward to the new Nocturnal Graves and Horna.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:03 pm 

Anyone have intel on a release date for the new Pyrexia?

Over at another site I saw it moved to 2015 but can hardly believe that. Grrrr

Don Karlos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:13 pm 

This year im waiting more great gigs and festivals than records. We have 2 great metal-festivals in successive weekends, with massive line-ups(Nummirock and Tuska) + lot of good gigs in spring.
From album front im waiting new Vektor, Atlantean kodex and ReVamp.

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:32 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
Hastein45 wrote:

I do!

You must listen to good music. Here is some sampling of newer tracks: http://youtu.be/GZE1JNMRQHs . The production is cleaner, which is something I was hoping for. The atmosphere of this album is going to great.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm 

Ah yes, I'm familiar with those clips. The production is probably the best they've had for their particular sound.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 pm 

Sorcery just released an album a few days ago, I had no idea they were up to anything.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:05 pm 

You're more likely to find a talking shovel than a new Tool album.

Still though, one can always hope.

New Black Sabbath will be interesting but it pisses me off that Bill isn't on it

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Anyone have intel on a release date for the new Pyrexia?

Over at another site I saw it moved to 2015 but can hardly believe that. Grrrr

Entirely untrue. It's currently being mixed and mastered at Planet Z Studios. Not sure if it's by Zeuss specifically but I'd assume so.

Apparently Electrocution, yes, they of the Inside the Unreal album, have been recording since late last year. No further details than that, but the reissue must have sparked enough interest to see what they can do now.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Apparently Electrocution, yes, they of the Inside the Unreal album, have been recording since late last year. No further details than that, but the reissue must have sparked enough interest to see what they can do now.

:D Fantastic. It seems a lot of classic death metal bands are getting out another album this year.

Bishop Hell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:31 am 

I'm definately looking forward to "Sonderkommando". The new album coming from The Meads Of Asphodel.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am 

A Kalmah update! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQ-3KtACW0

Some drum recordings and a tiny sliver of guitar at the end. But what a glorious sliver it is.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am 

Neat! Chainsaw intro to one of their songs perhaps? Haha, looking forward to the new Kalmah!

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:42 am 

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Paysage D'Hiver - Das Tor gets released next month on tape......hopefully a CD version not too long around the corner

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm 

IdiotFlesh wrote:
ModusOperandi wrote:

:D Fantastic. It seems a lot of classic death metal bands are getting out another album this year.

That reminds me, OSDM band Brutality (Screams of Anguish and When the Sky Turns Black) enter the studio tomorrow. As long as they capture that old-school vibe then it should be a solid album imo.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:20 pm 

SleepingStar wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Paysage D'Hiver - Das Tor gets released next month on tape......hopefully a CD version not too long around the corner

Ah cool! It's been a while since the last one. I doubt there will be a CD version.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:19 am 

Forgot that they'd been working on another one, but Vicious Rumors's new album Electric Punishment should be another quality release. Razorback Killers was one of my favorites of '11 and a hell of a follow-up to Warball, which in and of itself should be recognized as one of the better comebacks in recent years. More of the same would be fine by me, although I think Geoff Thorpe wouldn't be satisfied by merely copying himself and coasting for a third album in a row. Either way, another slab of their thrashy power metal should help set the stage for what's going to be a strong year ahead of us.

uzilover
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Slough Feg have a new album "in the works," in their own words. Not sure whether this means they're currently recording or still writing songs, but they're due for another one by now. I'm good with them taking their sweet time for the sake of living up to the high standards they've established in their career.

Metal Blade's reissuing Twilight of the Idols, Down Among the Dead Men, and Traveller next month, so hopefully those are a precursor to something forthcoming this year.

They've started recording it, so it should be out this year hopefully. The Animal Spirits was incredible so if it's in the same league as that I'll be happy.

http://lambgoat.com/news/19676/Metal-Bl ... Slough-Feg

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 am 

IdiotFlesh wrote:

IMPERIUM DEKADENZ!!!

Hope it will kick my ass as hard as Dämmerung der Szenarien did

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 am 

Some mainstream metal supergroups that I'm interested in listening to:
1) Apparently, the guys from the Black Dahlia Murder (Trevor and Shannon) are teaming up Shane Embury and Adam Faris (friend of Shannon) for some kind of project - http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... ew-project

2) This was there in the news earlier, a project between Corpsegrinder, Adam D (KSE) and Shannon Lucas. No real developments have happened as far as I know. Maybe something could come out this year. This could either suck real bad or be quite good.
http://www.metalinjection.net/exclusive ... -happening

Apart from that, the new Gorguts should be something to look forward to!

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm 

Just heard there will be a new Sodom record out end of April '13. Sweet. Looking forward to that one.

New Defeated Sanity is going to rule...my pre-order has shipped and I can't wait for it to get here.

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 am 

Silent Knight's debut is gonna make me a happy man. Awesome traditional/power metal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5gNvg_VLJs

Taberah's MMXII (Or it might be just 2012) is looking to be a killer release, too https://soundcloud.com/taberah/2012-1

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 am 

Apparently Light Bearer is in the process of finalizing their second album. Not sure if anyone else gives a crap about that though... :oh shit:

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 am 

The new Koldbrann album is great - I think it's out in Europe tomorrow, and it's a really solid black-metal release. I'm glad the band have finally gotten some backing, now that they're on Seasons of Mist.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 pm 

less than a week until the new Hate comes out, and I'm pretty psyched for it. This may be as memorable and classic as Anaclasis was.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:30 pm 

I haven't looked into them yet but knowing that there's some fans of them here, Entrails will be releasing a new album later this year and their first through Metal Blade. Dan Swanö's handling the mixing and mastering just as he's done with their last two albums.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm 

Just came to my attention that Vreid seem to be putting out an album in March. Some samples are listed here on this page:
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=185275

ArcticTundra13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 pm 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
I just discovered this band through a friend; Caladan Brood. Thought it needed sharing;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ950yI_4SQ&feature=share

Epic black-metal very much in the vein of Summoning - perhaps it's a bit too similar in some respects, but regardless, from what I've heard it's very, very well done. The début is out in February and I'm looking forward to it within minutes of discovering the band.

Thanks for letting me know about this project, I'm loving it! Music and album artwork are 1000% Summoning worship, but like you said, it's very well done so no problem. I'll be picking this album up fo sho!

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 am 

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Undergang will be releasing an EP of new material this year, to be titled "Søm til din Ligkiste". I cannot wait for that one, even though it's meant to contain only three songs. They've released one of the tracks for streaming via Soundcloud; find it here.

On the subject of quality OSDM, I'm also immensely excited about the long-awaited Krypts full-length, 'Unending Degradation'.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:32 am 

Calusari wrote:
Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Undergang will be releasing an EP of new material this year, to be titled "Søm til din Ligkiste". I cannot wait for that one, even though it's meant to contain only three songs. They've released one of the tracks for streaming via Soundcloud; find it here.

Fuck, it's a 7". :( New song is killer, though.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next