Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 80528
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:58 pm 

Hey guys, since the band's finally getting up and starting to book shows I thought it was time for some internet whoring (because that's really what it is).

We're a three/four piece death metal band from France, mostly influenced by the likes of Entombed, Interment, Carnage, Nirvana 2002 and all that good stuff, with maybe a pinch of black metal thrown in.

http://crawldmr.bandcamp.com

The only upload so far is a rehearsal, our de facto demo if you will, with the songs that I feel reflect my "artistic vision" the most.
This features the full band with our second guitar player on rhythm and myself on lead.
Some mistakes can be heard here and there (vocals aren't great, had a drumstick break during the third song), but that should still give an idea.
Recorded with a ZOOM H-4 in the middle of the room, the sound has a garage quality to it, so it's not perfect, but still clear enough to hear all the instruments playing.
Line-up, infos and whatnot on the bandcamp or facebook page.
Free to listen, free to download, and feedback very much appreciated!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:54 am 

really glad to see you guys are doing some shit, I'm not sure if you remember me but I originally signed up to record your demo before you picked up a drummer you could play live with.

~Guest 80528
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am 

Sure remember you, I wondered where you'd gone at some point - seems like internet friends tend to vanish from time to time.
You've probably noticed my vocals went to hell since last time haha

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 pm 

hahaha well if it wasn't for the demise of myspace we might have been able to keep up much more. I just figured you were going for a more raw approach... aside from the la la la la la, it's odd how I actually remember how the songs I worked on still go...

I've been quite busy since we last spoke...
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Jared_Moran/14316

~Guest 80528
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm 

I do remember you being busy with other projects at the time, looks like that worked out.
I always intended the band to have some raw edge to it honestly, I guess the homemade demos with programmed drums made it sound too tight compared to the actual "live" playing. The amps we use in our rehearsal place are garbage tho, I have to deal with a marshall and its med-heavy sound while the second guitar is on a line6 amp. It's incredible how nothing seems to sound as meaty as my peavey bandit.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm 

that's cause that bandit is a great amp. line6 is just garbage to me. esp for playing this style. get your other man to find one as well and double up on that goodness!

i still actively pick up new projects, cause what's listed there is still isn't even thing I'm currently doing.

~Guest 80528
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm 

We're renting the place at an association actually so it already has amps, mics and a drum in it, we can't afford proper gear for the whole band and a room to play in at the moment. Gotta do with what you got right?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 pm 

Oh well yea that makes plenty of sense to me. I used to do the same... just make due with whatever I had at the time till I finally was able to get good gear.

Reply to topic