Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TikrasTamsusNaktis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 pm 

I definitely think it is their best album yet hands down. I just wrote a review for it. If you guys can get a hand on it it would definitely be well worth. One of the best black metal albums of 2012 imo. If not the best. Like that's how highly I think of it.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:50 am 

Oh, I didnt know that a new album is available. Anyway, according to what I have seen in MA this is supposed to be an old recording, isnt it?

Its good to see that this album contains shorter songs, I really like long songs but a song over 70 minutos was a little bit too much, though I enjoyed "The Hunt".

I will try to find a link...

TikrasTamsusNaktis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 pm 

At first I thought it was just a studio recording of the live song "Feathainne" so I was very disappointed at first but NO ITS ALL NEW MUSIC. And its awesome. And for me I actually think it would have been nice if it was still all one album. I believe music like this should be listened to all at once.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 pm 

It basically is still one song, just broken into movements. I don't know why anyone would listen to them individually unless they're just previewing the album. Anyways, it's definitely one of my favorites of the year (along with Blood of the Black Owl and Panopticon) and the best Fauna yet I think. A very intense listening experience.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:09 pm 

Ordered my copy, can't wait to hear it! Rain and The Hunt were both powerful listening experiences, I have no doubt that this will be on the same level.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Reply to topic