Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23 pm 

:lol: I'd say something about not being that far off from that anyway, but I'd rather contemplate the image of melting at middle age; much more fun than what they did in 'Logan's Run'.

Ah, had I only bothered to specify 'degrees'. Though, I complain about the weather too much; this way at least it might be of some amusement...

Hmmm. Still too damn hot. Last comment about temperatures for a while, I promise. :-P

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
shouvince wrote:
Seeing this saddened me. Check out the band photo. Someone please tell me if that isn't photoshopped!

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Daw ... 3540354242

They don't really look like a tech death band. Just sayin'.

Haha, I didn't bother to check the music out. They popped up on the MA main page under updates, so I decided to see for myself coz I was thinking..."oh hmm, dawn of dementia...*clicks*"

I listened to this just now though. Hmm. I am confused.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:36 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
shouvince wrote:
Seeing this saddened me. Check out the band photo. Someone please tell me if that isn't photoshopped!

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Daw ... 3540354242

They don't really look like a tech death band. Just sayin'.

The frontman is more like a rapper than a metalhead/metaller. :lol:
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
inhumanist wrote:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4724624/teen-girl-accidentally-shot-brother-in-head.html o_O

Very sneaky, sis...

:-D :-D

What a terrible thing though. RIP.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:05 pm 

Tragic, but god damn those kids were retarded.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 pm 

Napero wrote:
Calusari wrote:
Ahem. I'd kill for 35F now. I really would.

That would be a sight, I'm sure! Keep saving money for it, there are plenty of good plastic surgeons in the world! Once you get them, pics please, but only after the scars have healed. Most of us prefer naturals, though.

Killing someone would probably be necessary though. I doubt his own skin will suffice for the operation.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 pm 

His?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:15 pm 

Inhumanist, Calusari is a woman.

About that girl who accidentally killed her brother; I know that it's tragic, and surely a terrible loss for that family..... But damn, that's natural selection at work right fucking there.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm 

Haha, I just noticed Napero's comment about the "temperature". Classic. But come on Nap, be a gentleman to the lady will you.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm 

In my defense, MA is mostly a sausage fest. I'm just operating on likely premises.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 pm 

I read it more as inhumanist assuming the person calusari would kill would be male, and she would use his skin to enlarge her breasts to ridiculous proportions. It was more amusing that way.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:17 pm 

That's what I was talking about, only with more man-tits.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
In my defense, MA is mostly a sausage fest. I'm just operating on likely premises.

That's really the wurst way to look at it.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

BOOO! HISS!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:14 pm 

Haha, I'm going to derail this train a bit by bringing your attention to yet another supergroup that's being formed.

Quote:
Corrections House, a new all-star group comprised of Mike IX Williams (Eyehategod), Scott Kelly (Neurosis), Sanford Parker (Nachtmystium) and Bruce Lamont (Yakuza) are launching their new project on the world of heavy music with a tour of the east coast set to kick off on January 21st.

Dates mentioned here.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:26 pm 

Scorntyrant wrote:
It's not "You", it's the fact that because MA has such a big footprint on the net the forums attract a lot of entry-level discussion which the kind of late-30's underground vet people who by and large make up that board find symptomatic of trends in social discourse they find distasteful. It's a version of "get off my damn lawn".

Oh, I have no doubt, as I said, it's irrational knee-jerk reactionary BS. On the plus note, it appears that thread got deleted. Good for the NWN mods.
Quote:
No issue with the RIP thing, but I WILL admit I was livid when you allowed users to put my date of birth up on my band's profile.

Eh? They already could, but assuming your date of birth isn't public information, all you have to do is contact us and we'd remove it and put a warning on the page, which we've done a few times with no issues.

Quote:
It's just asking for identity theft and problems passing customs checkpoints when you try and fly under the radar as far as touring visas go.

Whaaaa...? You really think customs officers are gonna Google your name when you're touring and look you up on this site? I mean... really? :durr: And identity theft, um.... no. I'm sorry, but you are barking at the wrong tree and clearly haven't thought this through. (Again, not to mention, if you didn't plaster this date of birth in public interviews and your public band sites, we'll gladly remove it, all you have to do is ask... -_-)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:32 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Quote:
It's just asking for identity theft and problems passing customs checkpoints when you try and fly under the radar as far as touring visas go.

Whaaaa...? You really think customs officers are gonna Google your name when you're touring and look you up on this site? I mean... really? :durr: And identity theft, um.... no. I'm sorry, but you are barking at the wrong tree and clearly haven't thought this through. (Again, not to mention, if you didn't plaster this date of birth in public interviews and your public band sites, we'll gladly remove it, all you have to do is ask... -_-)

I have heard a few people complain about this before - when a few guys show up in the US on travel visas (not work visas) and they have instruments with them, customs officers look into it, often simply searching for their names, finding a band name, then searching for tour dates for the band. It's entirely the fault of the people who didn't acquire the proper work visas, but they don't want to accept blame so they bitch about the biggest site that documents this information.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm 

I know for sure customs officials Google band names at least sometimes, since I've had one tell me so in person. I was coming back into the US after KIT 2012 and the customs guy at the desk, probably noticing my long hair and band shirt, randomly asked me if I had heard of Accept. Apparently one of their members had just come through earlier that day, and he told me he had Googled a bit about them at the time. He seemed more curious than accusatory, and I can't say whether customs officials do this routinely when people claim to be in a band, but it's quite possible they regularly do a cursory search considering it would be quite easy to verify whether a given band is on tour during the given dates.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

:guns:

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:23 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Haha, I'm going to derail this train a bit by bringing your attention to yet another supergroup that's being formed.

Quote:
Corrections House, a new all-star group comprised of Mike IX Williams (Eyehategod), Scott Kelly (Neurosis), Sanford Parker (Nachtmystium) and Bruce Lamont (Yakuza) are launching their new project on the world of heavy music with a tour of the east coast set to kick off on January 21st.

Dates mentioned here.

Oh dip!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 pm 

was shown this today, thought it was amusing

http://youtu.be/3RBSkq-_St8

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
was shown this today, thought it was amusing

http://youtu.be/3RBSkq-_St8

Holy shit, that was kinda awesome. Love the small, midget robot dry-humping the hi-hat :lol:

My collection

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 pm 

Corrections House... What's next? International House of Pancakes?

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Scorntyrant wrote:
It's not "You", it's the fact that because MA has such a big footprint on the net the forums attract a lot of entry-level discussion which the kind of late-30's underground vet people who by and large make up that board find symptomatic of trends in social discourse they find distasteful. It's a version of "get off my damn lawn".

Oh, I have no doubt, as I said, it's irrational knee-jerk reactionary BS. On the plus note, it appears that thread got deleted. Good for the NWN mods.
Quote:
No issue with the RIP thing, but I WILL admit I was livid when you allowed users to put my date of birth up on my band's profile.

Eh? They already could, but assuming your date of birth isn't public information, all you have to do is contact us and we'd remove it and put a warning on the page, which we've done a few times with no issues.

Quote:

I know for sure the google thing happens at some customs checkpoints if they are suspicious about you carrying merch and instruments through. It may be "the bands fault", but do you have any idea how expensive the correct paperwork is? About 5 grand per person - way out of reach of underground bands finances.

about 2 years ago I asked for it to be taken down and all I got was patronising responses about this being an encyclopedia and stuff in the public domain. If this has changed now, that's great and I will be in touch.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 pm 

While I can't stand new In Flames, I've been spinning their older stuff like The Jester Race, does anyone know if they still play their older stuff like that album live?
I think I'd be able to cope seeing them play their newer, shitfest stuff if I could hear them play their a fair portion of their older works.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:36 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:
While I can't stand new In Flames, I've been spinning their older stuff like The Jester Race, does anyone know if they still play their older stuff like that album live?
I think I'd be able to cope seeing them play their newer, shitfest stuff if I could hear them play their a fair portion of their older works.

I saw them about five years ago, and the only pre-Clayman track they played was Morphing into Primal. And the only song from whichever album was after that (totally drawing a blank right now) was Cloud Connected. Otherwise? Entirely new stuff.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 pm 

Never been really into In Flames. I used to enjoy Whoracle, but it kinda lost its appeal with time, and now I find them to be infinitely bland from the beginning to the end, with the difference that their newer stuff is not only bland, but also intellectually dishonest and offensive.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:48 pm 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/in-flames-43d6837f.html

:( If they would play the whole The Jester Race album as a special tour, I would go...

xlxlx, "offensive"? What? That's a bit too much. Don't give them too much credit.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 pm 

Maybe, but I find their blatant musical dishonesty to be particularly distasteful. I don't often get to that point with most bands that are accused of "selling out", but Fridén and his troop of hacks step seriously out of line. Just my personal thoughts 'toine.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:56 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:

Nope, you're lucky if you get more than one song from before RTR. They seem to be changing up between one from Whoracle/Colony/Clayman, but their setlists are almost entirely newer crap. They never really played much of TJR live though, I saw them a long time ago when they played a dozen pre-Reroute songs, half of them from the first three, but the only TJR song they played was Moonshield, which was cut a bit short as they started after the acoustic intro.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:01 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
Maybe, but I find their blatant musical dishonesty to be particularly distasteful. I don't often get to that point with most bands that are accused of "selling out", but Fridén and his troop of hacks step seriously out of line. Just my personal thoughts 'toine.

I dunno, dishonesty never really seemed like a part of it. That would be if they kept making TJR over and over. What they do now is much worse than being dishonest. :p Though to be fair I haven't heard their last album.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 am 

Not gonna lie guys, I kinda liked Come Clarity. Thought the first half was pretty damn solid, plus the track they did with that girl, "Dead End" methinks, was excellent.

But, for the most part, I think I only really liked it because I was desperately trying to rekindle my youthful love of the band!

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 am 

Empyreal on In Flames wrote:
(...) I haven't heard their last album.

You aren't missing on anything, Emp. Anything, I tell ya. You should spend your time listening to A Sound of Thunder's Out of the Darkness instead! :-P

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 am 

Scorntyrant wrote:
I know for sure the google thing happens at some customs checkpoints if they are suspicious about you carrying merch and instruments through.

Let me see if I get this right, because I'm confused about this part.
So worst case scenario is that they're suspicious, Google the musician, and may see evidence that he's actually really in a band and his carrying of instrument adds up... and this is a problem because the musician in question is lying about being a musician and lying about his reasons for getting in the country, he's pretending to not be a musician? Nevermind that he's carrying merchandise and instruments in the first place? >_< And of course lying to customs officers, but somehow we're the problem because... we just copied the information from the band's Facebook which the same Googling would have revealed anyway.

Quote:
It may be "the bands fault", but do you have any idea how expensive the correct paperwork is? About 5 grand per person - way out of reach of underground bands finances.

So their solution is to pretend to not be a musician in order to avoid dealing with the paperwork and take huge risks by crossing a border carrying merch and instruments and saying "nuh uh I'm not on tour"? Is that about right?

Quote:
about 2 years ago I asked for it to be taken down and all I got was patronising responses about this being an encyclopedia and stuff in the public domain. If this has changed now, that's great and I will be in touch.

I found the thread in question, and the only moderator who answered your thread (i.e. the only person whose opinion mattered) was Derigin, and his response was thoughtful, detailed, thorough (as they always are... overly so xD) and certainly not patronizing. You didn't respond to his post or address anything he said, but I should tell you, the policy has not changed since then. If your DOB is not public information and was put on here by an acquaintance of yours without your permission, we'll gladly remove it and prevent others from entering it. If you plastered it on your public Facebook page and someone simply lifted it from there, then you really have only yourself to blame, I'm afraid.

Edit: oh, I didn't see your PM before sending this, sorry. I'll check this out. And yeah probably best if we continue this discussion in PM.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 am 

Really been enjoying Profetus recently. Glad to say that their sophomore, ...to Open the Passages in Dusk, is pretty much right up to par with Coronation of the Black Sun, and anyone here that enjoys Mournful Congregation or Skepticism should definitely take a moment to check these Finns out. Beautiful stuff! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nligl8HWWs

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 am 

Random pain all over my body and a pounding headache right now. Been having these symptoms every night for the past few weeks. Anyone have any clue what it could be? I can't wait to go back to Canada and use my free healthcare to find out what's going on.

I'm only asking because right now I have no way to contact a medical professional. Also, yes, I smoke.

Lol

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:14 am 

What kind of pain is it?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:54 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Not gonna lie guys, I kinda liked Come Clarity. Thought the first half was pretty damn solid, plus the track they did with that girl, "Dead End" methinks, was excellent.

I still like the track ”Reflect the Storm”. I listen to it every now and then, reminds me of my junior year in highschool. Pretty catchy song and I love the solo. I've always loathed everything else on that album though.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:22 am 

Finally got my ticket to the Marduk/Portal/Ignivomous/Order of Orias show next week, and heard Portal will be offloading a lot of old merch at their gig. :hyper:

Under_Starmere wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

Oh, wow. I knew that the Deep Ones of Y'ha-nthlei know of unimaginable eldritch terrors, but I never considered that those would include puns of such soul-scorching horror. :-P
@inhumanist: Yeah, it is actually a pretty reasonable assumption, going by the statistics of people on this board; it pops up every now and then.
@Necro: I can see great potential for a Troma film in your mental image there... or maybe an indie short for the next Masters of Horror series. I already have a trailer in mind; it kinda writes itself. Hehehe. One day, one day.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:44 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

Come Clarity was the first In Flames album I ever heard. As shitty as they've become nowadays, many of those songs still are special for me.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Last edited by Subrick on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751, 752 ... 827  Next