Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 am 

From their official Facebook page (more details to follow):

Quote:
Salute everyone!!!
The year 2013 has started, so we would like to share our plans for it with you.
This year we plan to release new album entitled “Істина” (“The Truth”). There are six songs almost complete. Most likely there will be eight tracks plus intro/outro. Soon we shall start the recording of material. We have chosen the studios already, so now we prepare for studio work.
Also we aim to start concert activity.
Besides that we’ve got agreement with Graveland concerning split EP.
You will be glad to hear the news about some interesting re-editions. This will happen soon, that’s why I shall not reveal anything right now – let it be a pleasant surprise for you.
Stay tuned! I’ll keep you informed about all the news as soon as possible.

Varggoth.

Seems we're also in store for a split with Graveland, but fuck, this full-length is definitely my most anticipated album of the year. The Voice of Steel is one of my all-time favourite albums and I've been dying to hear a follow-up for the last couple years now. Hopefully this new one will be able to compete.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:13 am 

This news brought a smile to my face. I don't know if the new album will live up to The Voice of Steel in some ways (like the guitar solos and jazzy arrangements) because I think the guitarist who brought that influence to Nokturnal Mortum has since left. But if it lives up to Mirovozzrenie, I'll be pretty satisfied.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 am 

IX Leviathan wrote:
Seems we're also in store for a split with Graveland, but fuck, this full-length is definitely my most anticipated album of the year. The Voice of Steel is one of my all-time favourite albums and I've been dying to hear a follow-up for the last couple years now. Hopefully this new one will be able to compete.

That's funny:
viewtopic.php?p=2192639#p2192639

IX Leviathan wrote:
I wonder if we'll see a new Nokturnal Mortum this year. At the same time, I almost don't want them to ever release another album. The Voice of Steel is so goddamn perfect, I fear a follow-up will pale in comparison. However, it seems they're just about due for another full-length, if Knjaz ever gets his shit together and keeps people in the band long enough for them to write one.

Anyway, good news!

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:

:D

And despite what I said before, I'm still scared of listening to this album when it comes out. But I still want to hear it!

samekh wrote:
This news brought a smile to my face. I don't know if the new album will live up to The Voice of Steel in some ways (like the guitar solos and jazzy arrangements) because I think the guitarist who brought that influence to Nokturnal Mortum has since left. But if it lives up to Mirovozzrenie, I'll be pretty satisfied.

Yeah, I think there's only 2 (?) original members left from that album, Knjaz and that other guy that did all the folk arrangements. But Knjaz does make some mention of "re-editions", so who knows what the line up will be like. Mirovozzrenie or Weltanschuuang, or whatever the fuck it's called was a pretty great release (and deserves more attention than it gets if you ask me). It'd be interesting to see if the new one took the direction of that album. So long as it isn't another NeChrist.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:36 am 

IX Leviathan wrote:
:D
And despite what I said before, I'm still scared of listening to this album when it comes out. But I still want to hear it!

LOL! I understand.

samekh wrote:

IX Leviathan wrote:
Yeah, I think there's only 2 (?) original members left from that album, Knjaz and that other guy that did all the folk arrangements. But Knjaz does make some mention of "re-editions", so who knows what the line up will be like. Mirovozzrenie or Weltanschuuang, or whatever the fuck it's called was a pretty great release (and deserves more attention than it gets if you ask me). It'd be interesting to see if the new one took the direction of that album. So long as it isn't another NeChrist.

I don't think they'll go back to the old styles. They'll surely follow the (2009) Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice Of Steel's path.
About the solos and jazzy arrangements, some songs REALLY make me remember about Pink Floyd!

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 pm 

Great news indeed. Voice Of Steel was just a really well-done symphonic album, easily one of my favourites in the pagan metal realm.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 pm 

Ah good, now you all will finally, at long last, learn The Truth about this group of hucksters known as the Nokturnal Mortums! *chortles*
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 298739
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
Ah good, now you all will finally, at long last, learn The Truth about this group of hucksters known as the Nokturnal Mortums! *chortles*

That put me in near hysterics after I knew it came from someone who has Autopsy in their site collection.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm 

I also have The Cramps CDs, which wouldn't be in my site collection even if I hadn't neglected completely to make any headway with entering it here. The Cramps are probably a bunch of hucksters, too, but I enjoy them more than the Nokturnal Mortums...
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:04 pm 

Voice of Steel was incredible. Would have been one of my top 10 favorite albums if it weren't for those goofy horns in the intro (and the overall mediocrity of said intro). I want more of those long breaks like in "Valkyrie".
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:07 pm 

The fucking loved The Voice of Steel, which is probably my favorite black metal record of the last decade (excluding Enslaved's marvelous work, of course). I hope this follows in its footsteps and we get a track with even a tenth of the epicness of "Ukraine." :-D

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:30 pm 

Fuck yes, new Nokturnal Mortum and Summoning in the same year! :hyper: Though The Voice of Steel is really the only NM album I thoroughly enjoy, it's easily one of my favorite metal albums to date and I'm really curious to see if they'll be able to come close to matching that same magic. Not getting my hopes too high (likewise with Summoning), but definitely looking forward to seeing what comes.

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 pm 

Exciting news. Valkyrie is my favorite post-2000 black metal song. When I first listened to it, it sent shivers down my spine.

Wait, what was that? I guess it still does.

~Guest 298739
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:23 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
I also have The Cramps CDs, which wouldn't be in my site collection even if I hadn't neglected completely to make any headway with entering it here. The Cramps are probably a bunch of hucksters, too, but I enjoy them more than the Nokturnal Mortums...

Oh my, you really believe Nokturnal Mortum is anything but sincere in their musical career? :lol:

GrtUnclean
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 pm 

Ecstatic as well, The Voice of Steel was the best metal album of the last decade and I have been waiting for a new album since it came out.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 am 

What's everyone's problem with NeChrist? That's MY favorite album from them. Voice of Steel was incredible though, but I like all their albums for different reasons.

I'm sure this new one will be stellar as well. Nokturnal Mortum never disappoint as far as I'm concerned.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:31 am 

If I may be allowed:

But seriously, fuck yeah. LOVED The Voice of Steel and have been wondering when the follow up would come. Going to try and not expect too much so I'm not easily disappointed but at the same time, I'm just really hoping they don't fall on their face trying to be too "Epic" or something. But, having said that, they sounded like pros on the aforementioned release. Really, the best symphonic black/folk I've probably ever heard, so its hard to foresee them fucking up too bad, especially given their overall consistency in churning out solid music.

Oh and, NeChrist does rule.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:39 pm 

DaBuddha wrote:
What's everyone's problem with NeChrist? That's MY favorite album from them.

MazeofTorment wrote:

No it doesn't rule. It's a black metal hoedown. Highly unimpressive after Goat Horns and Gates of Blasphemous Fire.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 pm 

So by "hoedown", are you more or less saying it wasn't a very "serious" endeavor by the band or something to that effect? I think I know what you mean if you're referring to the sort of almost silly, folk theatrics but generally, I think Nechrist features some of their most engaging material. At times it sounds very primitive and raw, and others, very soaring and atmospheric, imo. An BM album that I can spin and enjoy just about any time.

PengPeng
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm 

Huzzah! That is fantastic news, indeed! "The Voice of Steel" was a great album and I have high hopes for this new one.
Though I am quite sure that it won't reach my personal fave "Mirovozzrenie" (totally love that kind of slightly rac-influenced
pagan folk metal with it's pounding war-like, tribal-esque drumming in some songs), this is one of my most awaited releases in 2013

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm 

Will be looking forward to this one myself, the last album was a great slab of epic metal so I hope this continues the same path. Must agree with OzzyApu, I hate all the horn intros they do, traditional or not they always came across as an out of tune mess in my opinion, but apart from that the music still rocks.

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm 

I hope they re-release Weltanschauung (english version) on CD, it's impossible to find. The Mirovozzrenie version isn't as good.

OzzyApu wrote:
DaBuddha wrote:
What's everyone's problem with NeChrist? That's MY favorite album from them.

MazeofTorment wrote:

No it doesn't rule. It's a black metal hoedown. Highly unimpressive after Goat Horns and Gates of Blasphemous Fire.

Black metal hoedowns can be good!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1m4SBbX9k4

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:39 pm 

Well these news warms my heart and very soul...!
I love every singel release by this band, and ''The Voice of Steel'' is one of the best albums to come out the last years, a real masterpiece!

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:55 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
About the solos and jazzy arrangements, some songs REALLY make me remember about Pink Floyd!

Well, I guess the Pink Floyd touch was clearly intended.
I'm not surprised to see everyone praise The Voice of Steel here, but as usual I'm much more reluctant than most posters. I think The Voice of Steel had good moments, but leaned heavily toward mainstream viking metal.

NeChrist is the band's best masterpiece in my humble opinion. I also like very much Marble Moon and Lunar Poetry (especially the first half).

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 pm 

SwarteHeap wrote:
I hope they re-release Weltanschauung (english version) on CD, it's impossible to find. The Mirovozzrenie version isn't as good.

First time I've heard this. I'd say listening in the band's original language, the way it was intended, is always much preferred to the English version obviously recorded to sell more albums...

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 pm 

Yes but the vocal performance was stronger and the ambient interludes were better, imo.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:45 pm 

Krav wrote:
SwarteHeap wrote:

First time I've heard this. I'd say listening in the band's original language, the way it was intended, is always much preferred to the English version obviously recorded to sell more albums...

Last time I heard the english version, I was thoroughly annoyed at the vocals. They didn't flow as well as they did with the band's native language.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 pm 

My only problem with the english version is the butchering of the language. Their english had always been fine, especially on To the Gates of Blasphemous Fire, but with this album it became too much.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:31 pm 

Great, 2013 is looking good so far :)

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm 

Last 2 albums were phenomenal (and their best IMO) so I have high hopes for this one.

Arlequinn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm 

Saw this post on FB and am excited to hear their new album and their split with Graveland. I agree, I'm not much of a fan of the intros/outros of Nokturnal Mortum either because I can often hear that they are not the actual instruments. It probably would sound better if it were the actual instruments used to play the folky parts, though.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:03 am 

Great news. My top 4 would be Lunar Poetry, Goat Horns, Weltanschauung and The Voice Of Steel. I am sure this will be awesome.

I actually love Black Moon Overture
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

thrashtidote
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 am 

Pumped. ''The Voice Of Steel'' was easily one of the best black metal albums of 2009.

Last fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Arthas829

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:56 pm 

Their live album "Kolovorot" is pretty awesome, too. Fantastic audio quality and great to hear how well they reproduced the studio material live (though the folk stuff is obviously pre-recorded). I'm not a big fan of live albums but this one is a classic.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:23 pm 

Just started getting into them. Their last two albums are fantastic, haven't heard the rest. A new one would be very welcome, of course.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:03 am 

Its nice to see the general praise with the last album, which, by the way, had a marvellous album cover, I would like to see another great one in the new album.

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:21 am 

I hope they drop the unnecessary Pink Floyd moments... it's as 'unmetal' as you can get. While they add nothing to the music, at least they were introduced properly and not all over the music, so they don't stop me from enjoying the music. The pagan/folk/black elements are flawess and the band should stick to it.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 pm 

I'll most likely be checking this out, and if I like it and there are no overt NS elements this time around, will probably pick it up.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:14 pm 

There were no NS elements last time around... or the time before, for that matter.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm 

Lord_Brendan wrote:
Great news. My top 4 would be Lunar Poetry, Goat Horns, Weltanschauung and The Voice Of Steel. I am sure this will be awesome.
I actually love Black Moon Overture

I think (1996) Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry is also my favorite.

samekh wrote:
Their live album "Kolovorot" is pretty awesome, too. Fantastic audio quality and great to hear how well they reproduced the studio material live (though the folk stuff is obviously pre-recorded). I'm not a big fan of live albums but this one is a classic.

I have to check this out.

vengefulgoat wrote:
I hope they drop the unnecessary Pink Floyd moments... it's as 'unmetal' as you can get. While they add nothing to the music, at least they were introduced properly and not all over the music, so they don't stop me from enjoying the music. The pagan/folk/black elements are flawess and the band should stick to it.

Let's see if it was just some experimentation or they stick to this formula.

The_Minstrel51 wrote:
I'll most likely be checking this out, and if I like it and there are no overt NS elements this time around, will probably pick it up.

I would NOT like to pass up great music just because of the ideology (or, maybe, just imagery) of the artists.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next