Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 pm 

Put together some artwork for the funeral doom/black metal demo tape my friend and I are recording over winter break and then releasing.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:50 pm 

Cool deal.

recorded drum tracks for a split that Gurthang is doing
also wrote 5 54R songs to wrap up a split I've been planning with 54R since 2010
started re-recording some KP songs that were lost when my harddrive broke. so I got 4 of them done.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 am 

My band should be in the studio in January to record our demo. My manager scored us free recording time at the place where Lady Gaga aparently recorded her last album. That part doesn't excite me, but at least I can bank on getting some really nice sounding recordings. Once we get this done, we'll be able to play some bigger venues: We're already on the list to play at the Bottom Lounge, The Metro, and someother reputable Chicago venues. So far, our biggest fanbase seems to be other musicians, which I guess is a good sign, especially since I'm so out of my comfort zone with this group.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm 

Changed the direction for Controlled by Fear. Drummer plays bass and bass player plays drums. Made some pretty rad stuff. Going to be noisy and fast powerviolence/grindcore. Want it to be very spastic sounding. Definitely going to take this more slowly and try and pace ourselves with song writing, playing shows and recording.

Want to cover Passive Position by Despise You. Pretty sick song/band.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:49 pm 

Despise you wins. let me know when you get some shit together.

'short' day for me today... meaning I spent 4 hours and I was able to record 2 Uzumaki vocal tracks write 3 54R songs and record them and 2 Yzordderrex songs.

Might not seem like much but the 2 Yzordderrex songs are 20mins apiece.

wreath_of_coils
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 pm 

Finished up (I think) recording some filthy, grimey, crusty death metal/d-beat type thing last week with SLK. Just needs to be tweaked, mixed and have a bit of awesomesauce applied to it now. It needs vocals too, forgot that part. Yeah.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm 

yea kinda still compiling them. I have a notebook's worth of lyrics but nothing really quite fits so I'm starting from scratch with those

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 pm 

Transcribing music with a lot of drum fills so I can get a better idea of exactly how all of the things I'm hearing are played. Transribing to MIDI also requires me to get a better idea of the dynamics within the song to make everything sound right, and writing it out involves focusing on each aspect to get it right. It's fascinating to try to recreate something on paper from simply hearing it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:03 am 

recorded 7 more vocal tracks which should complete the next Uzumaki album.
wrote the final track for yzord's next full
and wrote 5 more 54R tracks for the completion of that full length

mixing down the next Corpse Arise now.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:13 am 

Hey I got a question for some of you guys, after a day of walking around in the winter winds, how on earth do you get your fingers to play guitar, brrrrrr

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 am 

somefella wrote:
Hey I got a question for some of you guys, after a day of walking around in the winter winds, how on earth do you get your fingers to play guitar, brrrrrr

Mittens?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am 

it's not cold here, but if it was I have some cheap gloves to wear.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:09 am 

What a productive day of recording for Sorrowseed. All the rhythm guitars are finished and bass has been started.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 pm 

Always nice when everything comes together.

Not recording today, and didn't record yesterday.

yest I was taking a break mixing the Corpse Arise ep I just released today and today i'm just mixing on a ton of the other stuff that's already recorded like the next uzumaki and KP releases.

going to start writing for Filtheater later today.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:33 pm 

Just finished a couple hours of jamming. I split my bass drum head while playing a Marduk song. Thankfully duct tape exists in the absence of money.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:46 pm 

Just got a set of Alesis Monitor Ones in the mail, along with some acoustical foam. My home studio is mostly complete, just waiting on the bass traps, but that will probably come next paycheck, just to be safe. I've been getting some really nice tones from my new Engle E530 and Randall Isolation cab. I'm really happy with them. I just found a Bugera 6262 for under $300 on eBay, so I picked that up. It's a huge, brutal sounding amp, and with the isolation cab I can actually use it, haha. Half of my furniture and stuff is still in boxes, so hopefully getting that unpacked this weekend. I also wrote and recorded two more grindcore songs today. I'm really having a lot of fun with grindcore. And also, I seriously need to change my strings. They're old as shit, I'm just being lazy.

Going to drop the price of my last for-charity album to $1 in a few days, and prepare for releasing my next album. It's all done, I just want to re-record some vocals and a guitar solo or two. It's a good piece in the catalog of my music, and really shows how my music is evolving, from detuned thrash, to melodic death (this album) to progressively heavier and heavier. Ultimately I'd like to end up somewhere between death metal and melodic death metal, and that's where I'm headed.

And on a funny note, my absolute best vocals have been recorded while holding my mic in my hand and sitting right in front of my computer. Now that I have a proper set up, pop filter, acoustic tiles, etc, my vocals don't sound quite as good, hahaha. Time to practice some more, I guess.

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:06 pm 

In a few weeks me & a buddy are joining up with this drummer to do some raw, sludgy, noisy-as-fuck Grind/Powerviolence (& I'll throw some Black Metal influenced riffs in from time to time in too most likely). Another guy I know is pretty much ready to help us release some demos/splits/whatever too. Gonna crank out some nice Western MA burnout-Grind, haha.

Atmospheric Black Metal (solo)

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:19 pm 

Fuck yes. Image Line is having a crazy 'end of the world' sale- 45 bucks for any of their VSTs. Anyone into synths and computer music should check it out. My gf bought me Harmor and Sytrus for xmas (synths regularly 150 and 180 a piece) and I also grabbed Maximus (dynamic compressor and master tool). I am synthing out so hard right now.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:39 pm 

I've decided I'm tired of building guitars (well, tired of finishing them) so I'm going to sell all my half-complete guitars and other guitars of mine and shrink down my "collection" to 3 or 4 guitars. I just picked up a used Gibson flying v from a local guitar center for $450 in perfect condition, and I'm really happy with it. I also just ordered a nice V body and neck from Warmoth, and I can't wait to get them. It's a flying V style body, rear routed, alder with a flamed maple top, routed for a tuneomatic bridge and a single bridge humbucker. The neck is a 24.75 scale, maple with an ebony fretboard. And the best part is, I don't have to install frets. I HATE fretting guitars. Now I just have to decide what pickup to put in there. I'll probably throw in a JB. I have an old Jackson Kelly (My wife's name is Kelly, so I can't get rid of it, haha) that needs new pickups, and I'm not big on actives but I'm tempted to throw some EMGs in there just to try them out.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:30 pm 

Recorded this intro for a new song on the fly:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151225519508440

I guess we'll be uploading some new stuff while we're working the new songs.

xpsychoblissx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:21 pm 

Just released my debut EP... It's streaming on SoundCloud (https://soundcloud.com/psychobliss), and you can buy it on Amazon, iTunes, etc.

Mixed reviews overall, but I'm proud of it! I've been working on a new epic black metal song...not sure if it will be on an upcoming release or not.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:15 pm 

wrote 5 songs for Draug and recorded 4 of them today.
did vocals for 3 Scowl songs.

probably finish the rest of the Scowl songs today and get some more draug done as well. did a new Draug logo as well.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:51 pm 

CrustAsFuckExistence wrote:
In a few weeks me & a buddy are joining up with this drummer to do some raw, sludgy, noisy-as-fuck Grind/Powerviolence (& I'll throw some Black Metal influenced riffs in from time to time in too most likely). Another guy I know is pretty much ready to help us release some demos/splits/whatever too. Gonna crank out some nice Western MA burnout-Grind, haha.

Hit me up to do a split I'm trying to get a tape or something out within the next few months would be sick especially if you're from the East coast.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 am 

Currently in powerviolence band with a couple friends called Mindslave, finally released our demo tape, but took so long we're already writing material for a 7'' next summer: http://mindslave.bandcamp.com or http://www.facebook.com/mindslavenh

I've been talking with a couple guys in the area about starting a black metal band in the style of horna, sargeist, finnish bands etc but its just been in conversation. Been trying to do a new metal band for a while.

I have some stuff i've been working on for years.

One, the directions of the songs range from a crossover of japanoise punk (gai, confuse), crasher crust (lebenden toten, nerveskade) and primitive black metal like Ildjarn. I've been looking to either find a drummer for the project, or full band for the potential of live sets.

My most recent songwriting has been pretty fun too, but i'm looking to aquire some instruments for it. Trying to find a decent synth to replicate a sort of Joy Division, the cure, or new wave style with depressive black metal. Some tracks are looking more on the ambient side or slower funeral doom/drone, but for the most part still having the same feel as a lot of the 80's electronic music i would listen to.

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:43 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Hit me up to do a split I'm trying to get a tape or something out within the next few months would be sick especially if you're from the East coast.

Yeah man, I'll keep ya posted on whats going on, definitely gonna be looking to do splits. Still won't be able to start anything for a couple weeks though (at my moms house in Canada till the 12th).

Atmospheric Black Metal (solo)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:28 am 

Working on the mix of nw Uzumaki. have 7 songs completed only 5 more to go, I could've gotten them all mixed yesterday I just didn't quite feel like it and worked on it sporatically while playing Max Payne 3

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:53 pm 

If I can get my computer fixed I will be recording a black metal band with my drummer. Second wave black metal drum machine blasphemy! Basically doing it for fun, going to record a music video in a forest somewhere.

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:54 pm 

Been working a lot on a new song. Spent almost all of Friday just jamming on my guitar and bass figuring out the structure, as well as doing a lot in hydrogen with the drum tracks. I'm thinking I might settle for my little honeytone amp just because it has a good fat fuzzy tone that fits what I'm shooting for, unless I can replicate that tone or something better on my spider IV 15 watt. Hopefully I can get the mixing on this one right when I get to recording it possibly in a few days.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:59 pm 

I just rerecorded vocals for my next album. I want to release it on January 1st, but I need to write lyrics for one more song, and I simply cannot think of what to write about. It's driving me nuts. On the positive side, I ordered a really nice flying V body and neck from Warmoth and I can't wait to get them. Alder with a flamed maple top, the neck is 24.75" scale, maple with a rosewood fretboard. I'm probably going to throw a JB in it.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 am 

Added bass to some of the new Black Metal demo songs recently, just biding time for recording after the 6th.

Lol

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:55 pm 

Practiced Controlled by Fear. Wrote one new song, got the Despise You cover down and started work on another song since out bass player is not too good and needs time to learn songs. Went and purchased some new cymbals for the drum kit with the drummer and had a terrible experience at guitar center as per usual.

More practice tomorrow. Gonna take over the world.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:33 am 

I'm almost ready to release my next album, I just need to write lyrics for one more song. Also, I'm trying to decide whether or not to put a cover of At The Gates' "Blinded By Fear" on there as a final track. Considering that their singer was horrible, I honestly feel that my version is much better than the original. However, I'm not sure that I want to put a cover on an album of mine. Gaaaahhhhhhh.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 am 

Well aren't you just filled with hubris?

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:52 pm 

Tomas Lindberg is great what are you babbling about? Also, kind of annoying to hear covers at the end of albums put it in the middle or something.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:55 pm 

i rather a cover be on a secret track at the end of the album so I can avoid it completely since I don't like 98% of covers.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 am 

Awww :( I was planning to make a war metal cover of some song. Probably a Bathory song.

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 am 

Don't let me stop you. I just won't bother listening to it. that's all. :)

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 am 

I'd do a cover of one of those 6 minute long silent outro's to fill in some space :P

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:26 am 

now that's what I'm talking about!!

I'm going to head out, little bit of gym and some writting/recording and sending out cd orders.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm 

Hahaha, well, would you play drums to it though? :P

Done literally nothing in these past few days except write some basslines. I need to get to work on the last track of my demo already.

Lol

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 185  Next