Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
veilofblue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 pm 

I've been a Mac user for some months now, and I've been having lots of trouble with finding plug-ins compatible with Mac. You see there's a whole world of free things for PC but for Mac I have very few things, and after making some search in the web (finding mostly nothing) I decided to come here and ask; see if someone else here uses mostly a Mac for their recordings, what do they use, where to find it, and share experiences or talk about this whole Mac things :)

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:28 pm 

This guy has some great VSTs, and some are for Macs. Some need a tubescreamer in front to tame the bass, but the legion sounds incredible.

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/

veilofblue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 pm 

Oh yeah I remember that site! You shared it once when you posted a Blinded by Fear cover... didn't check the site deeply though.
Any other site you'd like to share? :P I found this site once http://www.vst4mac.com/ which also has some stuff... and about plug-ins for mixing?

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:39 pm 

I'm not familiar with that site, honestly. I use Reaper on a PC, so any mac-compatible stuff I see, I'll pass on. Mostly it's the LePou stuff, which is honestly top quality. For mixing and mastering I just use the built in stuff in Reaper. I should probably get some professional EQ and compressors and stuff one day, but the stock stuff in Reaper is plenty good for me. I believe it's all Mac-friendly, also.

On a side note, I've been meaning to redo that blinded by fear cover. I just recorded a quick version, and I'd like to do it proper, take my time and do it right!

veilofblue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 pm 

Yeah, I have Reaper for mac. So are you using the plug-ins that come with the trial version of Reaper? Or you get new/better ones when you buy it?

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:38 pm 

For EQ, noise gates, compression, reverb, I use the ones that come with reaper. Delay also. The only effects I go out and get are VSTs for guitar and bass and drums.

veilofblue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:32 am 

Cool then, thanks for sharing

Reply to topic