Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EmeraldEdge9832
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm 

Which metal band do you think has the toughest members who would win in a fight against any other band? I heard that Motley Crue are pretty damn tough, and would routinely get into bar fights while on tour. Twisted Sister was also pretty fucking tough in their heyday, and they're all big dudes. Dee Snder is 6'3" I think and I saw a video of him picking some guy up and slamming him down.

What are some other bands with really tough members who box or are martial artists? Does anyone know of any fights between bands and which band won?

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:24 pm 

I seem to remember Arioch/Mortuus (of Funeral Mist, Triumphator and Marduk fame) is a martial artist of sorts; he certainly did throw a fan to the ground and then off the stage a couple of years ago.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:27 pm 

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:
Does anyone know of any fights between bands and which band won?

Napalm Death beat the shit out of a Neo-Nazi called Corrosive metal back in the 90's.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
I seem to remember Arioch/Mortuus (of Funeral Mist, Triumphator and Marduk fame) is a martial artist of sorts; he certainly did throw a fan to the ground and then off the stage a couple of years ago.

really? that's interesting

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:02 pm 

I kinda hate questions like this because truthfully where "being tough" ends and "being a meathead" is at best subjective and at worst is a false dichotomy. Pantera got in a lot of fights. Lamb of God's lead singer unintentionally killed a guy. Divine Empire's been in a lot of fights. Are they tough?

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm 

Them bitches from AKB048. Sure, they're tiny Japanese women, but there's 48 of them.

Flugeldufel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 pm 

Whenever this question comes up, I immediately think of Blasphemy. A whole band of huge powerlifting black metal dudes with criminal records.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:11 pm 

Flugeldufel wrote:
Whenever this question comes up, I immediately think of Blasphemy. A whole band of huge powerlifting black metal dudes with criminal records.

If the rumors are true, one of the dude hit KK Warslut because he said something racist

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:19 pm 

OP reminds me of a story I heard once about Metallica and Motley Crue. Apparently Lars saw Nikki Sixx walking out of a club one time in with his makeup and platform boots, Lars shouted something insulting at him and ran away, Nikki tried to catch up to Lars but couldn't because he couldn't run in his boots. Point being, Lars is less tough than a dude in a glam band.
Ah, here's a video explaining it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21nxVLbJo8

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 am 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
I seem to remember Arioch/Mortuus (of Funeral Mist, Triumphator and Marduk fame) is a martial artist of sorts

He was competing on national level in Sanshou.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
OP reminds me of a story I heard once about Metallica and Motley Crue. Apparently Lars saw Nikki Sixx walking out of a club one time in with his makeup and platform boots, Lars shouted something insulting at him and ran away, Nikki tried to catch up to Lars but couldn't because he couldn't run in his boots. Point being, Lars is less tough than a dude in a glam band.
Ah, here's a video explaining it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21nxVLbJo8

lol that is the most funny thing i have heard, sounds like Lars

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:53 am 

The vocalist from Torsofuck looks like a tree trunk with arms and legs. He looks like he would definitely kill the gays in Crapowar in a fight to the death in the Octagon.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:12 am 

Speaking of tree trunks, the singer for Harm's Way is about the biggest dude I can think of. Also the only case where I've thought giant chestpiece tattoos looked cool.
Spoiler: show
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:58 am 

glen danzig used to be known for being into martial arts and stuff, i've heard loads of rumours about him having fights, i bet he picked a few, he's quite short ha ha
Lord_Jotun wrote:
thanks for that, i didn't know a marduk guy was in Triumphator [i have the ultimate sacrifice ep here]

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:03 am 

rob dukes is a pretty massive dude with one seriously big scar on his face [TheExodusAttack your username reminded me ha ha] :nods:
apparently he got into a fight and was bottled or knifed

oh and regarding the dee snider comment in the first post, was that him in 'that' video or just a dude who looked like him?
http://megaswf.com/s/2487002/

Tantalus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:06 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Flugeldufel wrote:

If the rumors are true, one of the dude hit KK Warslut because he said something racist

Warslut asked Black Winds why they "put up with having a ni**er in the band". Got punched.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 am 

What an interesting thread, with plenty of useful insight, and an invaluable contribution to the world of metal! I shall participate!

I think any British band would beat the crap out of Metallica any time, because they practice in football matches, bars, and Ibiza all the time; that's why they have no clean teeth, and I've seen it on telly. Most deathcore bands have either huge muscles or none whatsoever, and an deathcore deathmatch cup would lead to gratifying neo-Darwinian pruning of the genre, I mean, like, shit, the 6% of them with a real attitude would kill the other 97% in like 12 seconds flat. Almost any metal band would kick the shit out of any rap or nu metal band, of course, because rappers use the "ghetto grip" and can't hit shit, and metal bands have spiked leather armour and can shoot any big gun. But that's not the point, we are talking about melee here, right? Power metal bands generally have swords and stuff, but they also like gay stuff like rapist dolphins and claim to kill dragons, but since the only non-extinct dragons are from Komodo island, and there are no bands there, that's just bullshit and Manowar would slay the European PM bands just like that, and most USPM bands, too. Indonesians have a lot of goregrind bands an like totally brutal DM, and they are brutal people, and would hack through ANY German bands with their machetes in seconds. German bands, except Accept of course, are dead meat in these tournaments, because the WWII peace treaty had the stuff about male hormones being removed from the men there (but not the women, that's why old German ladies have moustaches and their opera singers with horned helmets are the size of a Volkswagen). Italians could not fight in the WWII, except the Bersaglieris, but they had funny hats, and therefore Italian bands can only fight the Pope and bears crapping in the woods. And since the Pope looks like Emperor Palpatine, it would be Slaughter in the Vatican, except the Pope winning. Norwegians are either skinny penguins or gays, and Varg is goofy enough to first kill his countrymen and only then attacking the rest of the world, and even if he has killed like several euronymoussyes, and has thus had practice, I don't think he'd even manage to kill the Gothenburg scene because he'd be alone at that point. I got a rose from a drunken man in hotpants in 1996 in a bar on a Sunday morning in Malmö, BTW, true story, and if that's what you do, there's NO WAY any of the bands from there could be worth anything except as a blunt weapons wielded by a gargantuan drummer of a Polish death metal band. The NSBM bands would a tough nut to crack, because you can't, like, know in advance what kind of insane moves they have, but since they are by definition maximally inbred, I'd say they are easy to kill with bitchslapping, I mean like osteoporosis and porphyria are prevalent in them I think, so no contestants there. Folk metal bands are used to brawling, and any band with pirate theme are likely to be toughies due to their constant bar fights and mating with dirty wenches. Technical bands are wussies, and would not dare to punch anyone because they fear for their precious fingers 'cause you can't shred if the knuckles are all swollen. Vomit Sodomy won't participate, because the vocalist is a pacifist neo-nazi with antivegan tendencies and only eats stuff that eats other stuff, except that he only eats them as roadkill to avoid harming live animals; his tactics has always been to take a beating bravely until the police arrives. South America has some interesting bands in this respect, but the Argentinians only listen to Nightwish and Nightwish cover bands and comb their hair, and Brazilians with the ju-juzu are busy killing off capybaras and native tribes, and the rest of the countries are either commies or live in the mountains with their lllamas, funny hats and ponchos, so to get them to the octagon in the first place is quite unlikely. So, to sum it all up, I'd say it's a 50/60 chance of the final round in the tournament being Alestorm vs Decapitating Betwixts the Brainbucket. The first ones are meanies with pirates in their songs, and the latter would totally annihilate their core brethen with their huge tattooed muscles and would get SO much practice before any serious fights that they'd be totally ripped, because as I mentioned most of the core crowd would be like totally like practice dummies for them, and the turntablist is psychotic on three whole cannabis and steroids all the time anyway, and you can't stop such a berserk with shoulders like wild hogs and pecs that resemble prize-winning pumpkins from the biannual Wisconsin State Farmer's Fair.

That's the wisdom here, dudes, nothing else to say about this.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.