Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
percepticide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 am 

Who all has hear their debut? I would say it is probably the most brutal album i have heard this year. If you dislike deathcore this definitely isnt a listen for you.

I thought the album was really clever. There are a ton of tempo changes and the grooves are extremely thick. They have extremely slow parts, extremely fast parts and everything in between. The album is really well produced, if you like the digital crystal production stuff. Lucas from Rings of Saturn did some guitar work on one of the songs.

Anyways what was everyone's thoughts on this album?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:02 am 

never heard of them so I looked them up and was treated to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCeRWaIh5Hw

well I guess what they have going for them is it's just 2 people who did everything. But as far as a band I don't hear anything that sets them apart from the whole genre. Just the same ol breakdowns recycled with a few parts that aren't breakdowns. I don't really count it as tempo changes when it's from one breakdown to a half time of the previous breakdown.

Oh well I gave it a try but hugely meh.

percepticide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 am 

That song doesn't have a lot of extreme tempo changes. I think a large portion of the album is better than this song. However it is still deathcore to the max. Generally I don't like most deathcore like this but it is pretty technically proficient and extremely brutal sounding. Their drummer is a beast. But yeah if you don't want to hear chuggy breakdowns and interesting polyrhythms with spurts of super fast chaos this probably isn't for you.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:43 am 

What a horrible band name! What's next, Baby Exodus?

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 pm 

Being a huge deathcore fan, I must say this album surprised the shit out of me. I was hyped for it, but I'm listening to it now and I'm not even halfway through, BUT I think it might end up being a personal favorite for me this year. This is REALLY fucking good, if deathcore is your thing that is. Shit, maybe if not.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm 

Fuck yes! I remember hearing this song when it came out a few months ago and I was pretty blown away. For some reason I didn't really consider it deathcore at the time, but listening to it again and seeing how goofy/zany the band members are I guess it makes sense. I love the drummer's drum set made out of logs and stumps and shit :D and those puke scenes! Neato.

Definitely gonna pick up this album soon, it might just barely make my best of 2012 list. Are they not on the archives anymore? I'm pretty sure I had looked them up before and now they're not. That's pretty lame, these guys are metal as fuck.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ27dghKQsA
Hahahaha. Pretty overplayed idea (pop punk/metalcore bands usually do these post-ironic top 40 covers better) but they make it work somehow. Really dig the sweeps during the pre-chorus.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:51 pm 

It's quite good stuff. If you haven't gotten the album. You must get it!

Reply to topic