Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GraveSurgeon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:48 am 

Hi, Its Drummer of Noise Aggression. I understand my entry for the band I played had been rejection the first time do the fact we had no demo out yet only have in a month later. Second was reject without proof of a physical disurption, and having only on mp3 would notcount. Just was trying find the submission page so can prove that we have them in physical and disrupt in three stores on Victoria. Thanks to Metantoine he help me get here in one piece, without going throught every forum trying find it. I just wish to know how you want me show proof of it, been phyiscal demo, I have photos of the cds, in a pile, and final product. And any thoughts to make our metal archives band entry more, acceptable to you guys at metal archives. We do have some doom-influence it. We are mostly grindcore on most part, just got out indepently recording last two months for demo creation, we aiming to do few splits up to next year, with one more demo and full-album release. Will possible be doing a live-show with band iskra, who own black raven. I sorry if some my grammar and spelling terrible

Thanks you for taking time to read this

AvantChristus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 am 

Hi there. I'm the frontman of Frater Ximenes is Dead. Time ago the band had been refused from MA due to the lack of a physical demo or full. I got both and I sent images to the profile band I tried to create but they refused saying that they would ban me if I tried to add the band again.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 am 

BoxCar Willy wrote:
If that's what you think...

I really think it should be listened to be a different person, I've never had it called ambient by anyone else :-/

I rejected it. And I did listen to all the tracks. Sorry no, predominantly ambient/shoegaze/whatever with a few black metal elements/aesthetics. Also, an 8-minute demo limited to 5 CD-Rs? Even if the music were acceptable it would have been rejected because of lack of a proper physical release. Seriously...

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 am 

GraveSurgeon wrote:
Hi, Its Drummer of Noise Aggression. I understand my entry for the band I played had been rejection the first time do the fact we had no demo out yet only have in a month later. Second was reject without proof of a physical disurption, and having only on mp3 would notcount. Just was trying find the submission page so can prove that we have them in physical and disrupt in three stores on Victoria. Thanks to Metantoine he help me get here in one piece, without going throught every forum trying find it. I just wish to know how you want me show proof of it, been phyiscal demo, I have photos of the cds, in a pile, and final product. And any thoughts to make our metal archives band entry more, acceptable to you guys at metal archives. We do have some doom-influence it. We are mostly grindcore on most part, just got out indepently recording last two months for demo creation, we aiming to do few splits up to next year, with one more demo and full-album release. Will possible be doing a live-show with band iskra, who own black raven. I sorry if some my grammar and spelling terrible

Thanks you for taking time to read this

Alright, I see the pics of CDs on FB now. But the music is lo-fi noisegrind, not metal. Unacceptable, sorry.

AvantChristus wrote:
Hi there. I'm the frontman of Frater Ximenes is Dead. Time ago the band had been refused from MA due to the lack of a physical demo or full. I got both and I sent images to the profile band I tried to create but they refused saying that they would ban me if I tried to add the band again.

It says "pure noise" in the blacklist note, so it's not a release issue. The band is not metal.

AvantChristus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 am 

Not metal? There are also bands which music is strictly Ambient or DarkAmbient in this site, without metal influences. Or at least they got only noise guitars with random drumkit on it.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 am 

We're not talking about other bands here. We're talking about your band. Can you post samples from your physical release that you believe to be metal enough?

GraveSurgeon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 am 

Thank you Azmodes for helping me out, I still hold on to the draft of noise aggression just in case we get more of acceptable metal sound down the road. Noisegrind, I not sweet talking yeah but I appreciate you taking the time in looking into our music and photos.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 am 

Sure, no problem. If you release anything new and think it's more metal, feel free to post about it here and we'll reconsider it.

The_Vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 am 

Here are the photos of the DEMISE AWAITS EP. I just re-submitted the band.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9541/2 ... 155019.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1622 ... 155034.jpg

phagus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:17 pm 

I have a plain recordable cd with those songs on it, if that qualifies. I listen to it in my car. I can print the cover, no problem there. Would that still not be good enough? I made the songs i intented and Osljebad is my band, not from some other third person. if you accept then i'll send a pic of that same cd i listen to. If not then so be it. No big deal. I will not kill myself over it :S. It was just an idea to try to find myself on this site, didn't wish for it to cause racket or something. If it goes it goes, if not it doesn't matter. Like the universe is gonna crumble cause of it. Cheers!

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:20 pm 

phagus wrote:
I have a plain recordable cd with those songs on it, if that qualifies. I listen to it in my car. I can print the cover, no problem there. Would that still not be good enough? I made the songs i intented and Osljebad is my band, not from some other third person. if you accept then i'll send a pic of that same cd i listen to. If not then so be it. No big deal. I will not kill myself over it :S. It was just an idea to try to find myself on this site, didn't wish for it to cause racket or something. If it goes it goes, if not it doesn't matter. Like the universe is gonna crumble cause of it. Cheers!

Uhm, no, that wouldn't be acceptable. One burnt copy for your own personal pleasure is not gonna cut it.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

phagus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 pm 

ok nowhere to release it then. i'll listen to it for my pleasure. thanx for nothing. negative points for this site.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm 

phagus wrote:
negative points for this site.

We'll manage.

phagus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm 

guess i'm out of luck. oh well....

phagus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:10 pm 

you probably wouldn't like what you hear anyway. i posted the link for download, not sure that you have taken a look but that's ok. it's only noisy bass simple and minimal, so you wouldn't qualify it as a metal at all either way. i've heard some pretty shitty stuff that call themselves metal why should i be any different?
it all comes down to the people...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:16 pm 

Subject closed. Next time, read the rules. The physical release issue is explained in details.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

phagus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm 

what do you mean next time, there is no next time, my shots are expired. you' re not worth of any trouble as well as this site. who are you to direct how i want something created? a nobody. and you're right the subject is closed. talking of some shitty rules and stuff, i don't care. have it your way. it's done when i say it's done. not you fakers.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:28 pm 

phagus wrote:
who are you to direct how i want something created?

Oh, come now, don't be silly. You submitted your band to the website, and it was deemed unacceptable by the site's standards. You want your band on the website, you play by the website's rules. Simple as that. The website isn't trying to "direct" anything you do - even if your band is the most metal thing to ever exist, it'll still be rejected if there is no distributed physical release. No need to start pulling out accusations of persecution and bias against you, dude.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm 

Well, that escalated quickly.

phagus wrote:
it's done when i say it's done. not you fakers.

I'm afraid it's very much done. Bye.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm 

I can tell that despite your claims to the contrary, you are very upset that your band cannot be listed on this site, even when you know yourself that it's not metal. I can't explain the cognitive dissonance in your head, and I can't explain your hostility either, it seems you have your personal issues to deal with. So go deal with your issues and stop being an obnoxious whiner.

Edit: beaten to it :lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Khalvst ov Mhurn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 pm 

Today one of my bands was rejected. It a new band that I started one month ago, with one release through Depressive Illusions Records.

The band is called ov Mhurn and their style is like Wongraven or Moloch (ukr).

I am not agree with the rejection because here in Metallum there are a lots of bands similars like the band I submited.

I just want to please that moderators take a look to this case and if it's possible include ov Mhurn on Metallum database.

You can check some of ov Mhurn here:

http://www.facebook.com/ovmhurn

Or search for it on Youtube.

And the last thing: all people talk about side projects, and ov Mhurn is just a new band

Thanks and regards.

Last edited by Khalvst ov Mhurn on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 pm 

As I said on your thread:

Anyway, Wongraven is a side project of Satyr from Satyricon and it fits the side project rule since well, it's linked to one of the most famous black metal bands and it has worldwide distribution. It wouldn't be on the site if it wasn't linked to a metal band. Your project on the other hand is linked to a pretty obscure band not a lot of people know, so I'm afraid it won't be approved.

I added the project to your MA artist page though: http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/K ... hurn/54864

I'm sorry, this rule is a bit confusing but eh, it's our rules! Have a good day.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm 

Azmodes, in the other thread wrote:
As I told you in my rejection message, the band is a) not metal and b) not what we consider eligible for a side-project.

People, please stop trying to get every single little project on the site through the SP rule. That is reserved for exceptionally noteworthy acts, it DOES NOT mean that each and every black metal musician can automatically submit his ambient project. Search the forum for "side project" and you should find ample information and discussion pertaining to the issue. Non-metal entries are rare exceptions and usually the matter of an in-depth discussion among the staff before getting approved. Citing already approved SPs as precedent because of their genre is really missing the point and even more discouraged than using accepted metal bands as an argument for the approval of your own band.

BoxCar Willy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
BoxCar Willy wrote:
If that's what you think...

I really think it should be listened to be a different person, I've never had it called ambient by anyone else :-/

I rejected it. And I did listen to all the tracks. Sorry no, predominantly ambient/shoegaze/whatever with a few black metal elements/aesthetics. Also, an 8-minute demo limited to 5 CD-Rs? Even if the music were acceptable it would have been rejected because of lack of a proper physical release. Seriously...

Well I honestly don't care about being rejected, I just don't understand why. There are hundreds of bands here less metal than my project. Shouldn't an encyclopedia contain everything that's metal? Not just the things 8 staff members think is metal? The term metal itself is quite broad, ranging from dark ambient-esque to harsh noise, so what gives one staff member the power to make that descision. It seems that the "rules" are based on the staff members taste. Please explain to me how Born Of Osiris were banned for being "Not metal enough"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CGwnwKaF10?

If that isn't metal,then what is it? (serious question)

Elitism at its finest.

As for the length and number of copies, that shouldn't even be part of the equation. Wormrot's Noise was only 5 minutes long, and it's considered a fine release. Von's Satanic demo was release in only 3 copies, and it's famous across the world.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:37 pm 

I am the owner of this site, so I'm the one who decides what's metal and what isn't for this site. And I have decided that "dark ambient harsh noise" isn't metal, and that I don't want it on my site. It's not based on my taste, since clearly the majority of bands on this site are awful (and there's plenty of non-metal I do like that would never be featured on this site), but it's based on what I, an experienced listener of all sorts of metal styles, considers real metal. I tell our moderators that, they say "okay", and enforce those rules to the best of their ability.

Hope this helps.

Don't like it? Go elsewhere, or make your own metal site. Think I'm a narrow-minded elitist? Why, thank you.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Stromness7
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:53 pm 

I submitted the band Refrigerant (Хлад) (formerly known as Kald)
The only thing i have not included is a picture of the EP's? I included album art.
What am I missing?
(My post might be a bit bland. Sorry. Just tell me what you need)

ThørvaldStromness

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm 

BoxCar Willy, we don't claim to be the one and only true authority on the subject. We only enforce the site's definition of metal for... the site as best we can. It's funny, though, that you imply that you know everything that should be considered metal (or that that's even a meaningful concept on an objective level in itself) while complaining about our method of judging bands. Your opinion simply differs from the site's, that's all there is to it. You're entitled to it, enjoy. This will always be subjective and elicit criticism, no matter what we do. Anyhow, what Morrigan said. It has nothing to do with personal taste.

Quote:
As for the length and number of copies, that shouldn't even be part of the equation. Wormrot's Noise was only 5 minutes long, and it's considered a fine release. Von's Satanic demo was release in only 3 copies, and it's famous across the world.

It was mainly about the ridiculously low limitation, not the length. That is very much part of the equation here. The fact that it seemed to be just CD-Rs in a slim case with a cover in it added to it, though. Also, I'd like to point out that the only proof we had for this -sorry, but I'll be quite frank- shoddy release was an ambiguous picture on Bandcamp. So yeah, just for the record. Von has other releases and numerous re-issues, btw.

@Stromness7: A cover art doesn't prove a physical release. Provided one exists, the best way would be to take a clear picture of one or more copies (CDs, booklet, etc... visible) and include it in the submission notes.

Stromness7
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 pm 

Thank you, I will surf around and hopefully come up with something. I do not own a physical copy myself, it almost impossible to find a copy. (It's like trying to find a copy of "Securing Your Future For Satan" by DTL. It's just not out there. Also, would you like a photo for each, and if it is accepted can i still add things to it whenever i want?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 pm 

For one album is the minimum, for more would be better, but is not strictly required. Although a photo is usually the best way, it need not be the only. Other proof can be the band explicitly mentioning the release and selling copies through an official site, a review talking about physical copies, a distro selling it, etc... Any mention/info online helps.

If or when it gets accepted you can add and modifiy certain things based on your rank. See here, under "Ranks".

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 am 

Хлад has no physical releases and no intention of making physical releases: viewtopic.php?p=1650873#p1650873

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 am 

Stromness7 wrote:
I submitted the band Refrigerant (Хлад) (formerly known as Kald)
The only thing i have not included is a picture of the EP's? I included album art.
What am I missing?
(My post might be a bit bland. Sorry. Just tell me what you need)

ThørvaldStromness

Besides what Zodijackyl said, don't ever write the band's name the way you wrote it in your submission. Where the fuck did you get the name "Refrigerant"? Google Translate?

jeremy_ammd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 am 

Dear Morrigan, Azmode didn't tell me that Sebkha-Chott wasn't metal. He told me that by a raw and quick approach, he hadn't find anything significantly metal, but that we could suggest him a specific album if on of them was more metal
I, by myself, told here very clearly that Sebkha-Chott music was avantgarde metal, and as such included several parts not significantly metal. As an answer to Azmodes, I gave him links to most metal albums of the band, and also towards several press quotes, festival bookings and so on which are releving about the metal belonging of Sebkha-Chott.
Want more? Sebkha-Chott was co-headlining Unexpect first Europe Tour in 2008, and their artists cooperative (AMMD) was the booker of that tour.
(Image)

If you really think Sebkha-Chott hasn't its place in there, how do you explain that Mr Bungle (with Sebkha-Chott teachers in it) is in it? Would you call Pink Cigarette metal?
And I would say the very same about some specific albums of Faith No More.

To end up, please be honest, I'm not wasting your time, you're wasting mine by asking me to point a specific album which is significantly metal, and finally rejecting the proposal with such words.

VRCHTR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:13 am 

Regarding: KOMMANDO GEISTESWAFFE (Germany)

Reason for rejection (from mail):

Any chance we could see a photo of more than just one copy? You seem to have a box full of tapes there, why not make sure they're all in the picture...? ;-)

The first 25 Tapes (of ~50) pretty much sold out at our first gig last week, so here is a pic of the "producion box"

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4834/img0316qy.jpg

As for the proof of metalness, we only judge bands by their studio material, rather than live recordings. Do you have any song samples from the actual tape?

Here is a preview of the last Song on the tape:
http://soundcloud.com/vrchtr/preview-indoktrination

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 am 

VRCHTR wrote:
The first 25 Tapes (of ~50) pretty much sold out at our first gig last week, so here is a pic of the "producion box"
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4834/img0316qy.jpg

Here is a preview of the last Song on the tape:
http://soundcloud.com/vrchtr/preview-indoktrination

There's no need to post about that here, mate. :) Just resubmit with those links included in the submission notes.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:41 am 

jeremy_ammd wrote:
Dear Morrigan, Azmode didn't tell me that Sebkha-Chott wasn't metal.[..]

Actually, yes, I did. Didn't you read that post of mine?

jeremy_ammd wrote:
To end up, please be honest, I'm not wasting your time, you're wasting mine by asking me to point a specific album which is significantly metal, and finally rejecting the proposal with such words.

I see, that's a very nice sentiment. So we are wasting your time because you didn't care to read our rules and try to get an obvious non-metal band accepted based on a few bits of very questionable metalness in a large discography? And now it seems you even ignored my response and posted the same empty arguments yet again?

It is not our job to demonstrate an as-of-yet unapproved band's validity. That's your task when you submit something. You have to show us that a band is in accordance with our rules. This isn't a game of Q&A where we pull the necessary info out of you bit-by-bit. You gather the required information and evidence and hand it in. Then it's either yes or no. Of course it's not always as clean as that and mistakes can be made on both sides, but this here thread is the exception, not the norm. If you get rejected by a mod you either accept that decision or provide reasonable evidence that the rejection was premature, either here or upon resubmission. You posted here, pointed to the band's supposed most metallic material, it was judged again and found to be clearly unacceptable. That is the end of it. I'm not quite sure why you practically repeated your previous post again and also with the tired argument of citing bands already accepted even though it has been mentioned a trillion times in this thread that that kind of reasoning doesn't fly here and also why it doesn't. If you must know, though, Mr. Bungle are on the site because of their early death metal demo(s); Faith No More have had at least one of their full-lengths judged to be sufficiently metal.

Ironically, after listening a bit to Sebkha-Chott's other albums, those actually seem to have more genuine metal elements than the one you pointed out, but it's not nearly enough. Avant-garde/experimental/fusion/rock.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 pm 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:
Another blacklisted band I'd like to give a shot at submitting, Unlucky Morpheus are one of those touhou bands that were blacklisted, however being a doujin band rather than a straight up cover band they actually do have original material as of the past couple full length albums they've released. The link provided is a sampling of their latest album which is 100% original work, released last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXRMJU9aUg8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gUqT0xcWz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oCKlJ-0R64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gMeio3Nu7U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gMeio3Nu7U

Metantoine wrote:
This seems like a proper power metal band though, we'll look into it.

Was a verdict reached on them? I'd mentioned it a few months back and I completely forgot about it since, being busy with other things.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

amakann
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 am 

my submission for post-metal band juki has been rejected for following reason

Can you please provide proof of metalness (a link to song samples)? That bandcamp link is private.

Infact, their bandcamp link is not private, album Lakshmi and Second Demo is available for streaming. please comfirm.
http://www.juki-fuckyoubitchburger.band ... um/lakshmi

Joejoe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 am 

The submission of the post-metal band DESERT BENEATH THE PAVEMENT was rejected because "Post-hardcore/post-rock. Doesn't belong here mate, sorry."
Admittedly, the whole post genre is ambiguous, however, why shouldn't we just call it crust, sludge metal or doom metal.
Have you considered the songs on the soundcloud or bandcamp site? The band played for instance on the classical doom metal festival "monastic doom" in germany.
All reviews of the debut TRANSIT compare the band with CULT OF LUNA, NEUROSIS or AMENRA, all of which are listed in metal-archives. So, how come that the band is not metal enough?

To prove this - here is the link to one of germanys biggest metal websites: http://www.powermetal.de/review/review- ... 21324.html
Although in German you easily see the bands, to which DBTP is compared.
Any chance to reconsider the rejection?
Best Joejoe

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:06 am 

Joejoe wrote:
Have you considered the songs on the soundcloud or bandcamp site?

Sorry, but we're judging your band on your studio material, and on the material that's distributed on a physical medium (which in this case, happens to be "Transit"). A band might have metallic mp3s and one unacceptable physical release, for example - a good example is Disfiguring the Goddess.

Joejoe wrote:
The band played for instance on the classical doom metal festival "monastic doom" in Germany.

That's... irrelevant. :\ Nickelback could be playing at the "monastic doom" festival and that isn't gonna mean anything, either.

Joejoe wrote:
All reviews of the debut TRANSIT compare the band with CULT OF LUNA, NEUROSIS or AMENRA, all of which are listed in metal-archives. So, how come that the band is not metal enough?

Those bands were accepted on the site based on more sufficiently metallic releases. One or two metallic sections isn't going to be enough for your band to be regarded as a "metal band" by the site - it needs one fully metallic release.

Joejoe wrote:
Although in German you easily see the bands, to which DBTP is compared.

Please, don't ever use the "You accepted band X, why not Y?" argument. Bands are assessed individually, and any comparisons to accepted bands are going to be ignored.

VRCHTR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:42 am 

Alhadis wrote:
There's no need to post about that here, mate. :) Just resubmit with those links included in the submission notes.

Ah, thanks =)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 541  Next