Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm 

For those who don't know, Scott Connor is also known as Malefic, and was the man behind the US black metal band Xasthur.

There was a video uploaded for a little bit showing one of his new songs in his new acoustic project Nocturnal Poisoning. I haven't heard the whole album yet and the video is now taken down due to a copyright claim from him but judging from what I heard, the album "Other Worlds Of The Mind" must be some damn good material.

The main question I have (and I would like a moderator's opinion as well as everyone else) is should the project be registered in the Metal Archives? The band submission rules and guidelines clearly state that side projects of metal band members are allowed in, and this is proven with such acts like Wongraven, Die Verbannten Kinder Evas and the solo projects of Neurosis' Scott Kelly and Steve Von Till. The latter two could relate more to Nocturnal Poisoning because they are also of a completely acoustic variety, however sometimes these types of side projects are deemed ineligible for certain reasons, so before I (or anyone else) try adding Nocturnal Poisoning to the archives, I'd like your opinions. Should it be allowed in? There is physical proof of a release, as you can see on the official Facebook page for the project that there are photos of physical copies that Scott has been sending out to whoever orders one worldwide, and he it is CLEARLY related to a metal musician. What do you think? Yay or nay?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nocturna ... ts&fref=ts

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm 

I was thinking about this too, but the fact is that Nocturnal Poisoning is not a side project of Xasthur. It's his main focus now, and since it's not metal, I guess it wouldn't qualify to have its own page on Metal Archives. But like you said, it relates to a metal musician, so personally I'd like to see a NP page, but I don't expect it to happen.

DonHoorn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 am 

Nocturnal Poisoning isn't a side project, so the side project rule wouldn't apply here.
Mtalcore Scene: "Yeah!"
*Metalcore scene rapes death metal*

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:58 pm 

Thiestru wrote:
I was thinking about this too, but the fact is that Nocturnal Poisoning is not a side project of Xasthur. It's his main focus now, and since it's not metal, I guess it wouldn't qualify to have its own page on Metal Archives. But like you said, it relates to a metal musician, so personally I'd like to see a NP page, but I don't expect it to happen.

Yeah I guess you're right. Still though, if a page was added for it that would be sick!

Reply to topic