Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:45 pm 

Are Arcturus recording new material?

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm 

Aftermath1349 wrote:
Are Arcturus recording new material?

Well, they promised a new album to land in fall 2013, so they oughta be soon.

Grimsby
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:59 pm 

New Guttural Secrete, new Defeated Sanity, new Wormed...I cannot ask for more tbh. I'm stoked!

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 pm 

new Atlantean Kodex hopefully... also I hope for some Dan Swanö stuff (his for years announced Second Sky project just has to the light of day sometime - so why not in 2013 ;) )

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:46 pm 

Necrophagist, Thorns, Lamented souls - evergreens :)

Bruitiste
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 pm 

Been waiting a LONG while for Ares Kingdom's Veneration now... 2012's coming to a close so I guess it'll be for 2013?
Also looking forward to the aforementioned Gorguts, and Z2 by Devin (heck, anything by Devin.) Oh, new Portal too which was mentioned.

Gelal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm 

Just read somewhere that Riverside will be releasing a new album in 2013. All I can say is FUCK YEAH!

EDIT: And Leprous too. Double FUCK YEAH!

Last edited by Gelal on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 pm 

Don't think these have been mentioned yet.

Infernal - The Infernal Retribution (!)
Rotting Christ - Do What Thou Wilt (March 1st)

Turns out that Behemoth seems likely, according to Facebook. Probably late 2013. Other TBAs that I'm looking forward to:

Scar Symmetry
Omnium Gatherum
Disarmonia Mundi
Cor Scorpii

And what's this about a new Judas Priest without KK Downing?

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 pm 

Macabre's second part of Grim Scary Tales will hopefully be out next year, the first part is one of those albums where it drags you in and you need to hear more of it.

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 am 

Count me in as excited for Rotting Christ. I just bought Theogonia within the past few months and I love it. Need to get my hands on a copy of Aealo still.

Slayer without Hanneman sounds like blasphemy.

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:26 am 

The new Rotting Christ is gonna be great!

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:20 pm 

Ouroboros is in pre-production for their new album next year, can't wait! :hyper:

http://ouroboros.mu/wordpress/?p=33

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 am 

Jackoroth wrote:
Macabre's second part of Grim Scary Tales will hopefully be out next year, the first part is one of those albums where it drags you in and you need to hear more of it.

What? Grim Scary Tales took a concept that I am 100% sure Macabre could have completely owned nary a few years ago, but I think their age has finally caught up to them and as a result the album is just pfffft. Everything that made Macabre great just isn't there, it's a confused shell of what the band used to be. I mean, I don't expect them to ever top Dahmer, but at least Murder Metal quality would be nice. I didn't know GST was a multi-part thing, and regardless of how I felt about it, I'm obviously going to check out anything they release out of a combination of hometown pride and a starry eyed nostalgia for their earlier work.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:06 am 

These are the ones that I am looking forward to:

Belphegor - I was pleasantly surprised with their latest one, this new one is meant to have more of a death metal vibe. From the clips they have posted from the recording process the songs sound good.

Code - I have heard they have recorded all the music for this and just need to record vocals now, I am interested to hear the new singer sounds. I am seeing them in a weeks time so hope to hear some new tracks!

Darkthrone - Although the recent albums have not been as good as previous efforts I still really enjoy them so am looking forward to the new record to see what they come up with.

Drowning the Light - I am looking forward to the new album, I love most of the work they have put out especially the last few releases (the split with Vampyric Blood was especially good as were the last two full length albums).

Hypothermia - I absolutely love the direction they have been going for the last few years. I understand they are meant to be releasing two albums this year but believe they may have been put back.

Leviathan - One of my all time favourite artists, I don't believe for a second these 21 splits Von are supposedly doing will happen, but if they do am interested to hear Leviathan's side of the split. I hope he is recording as I would love to hear where he takes the direction he was going with 'True Traitor, True Whore'.

Lyrinx - I doubt this one will happen but I would love to hear a full length by these guys! One of the best in UK black metal bands.

Mayhem - I actually really enjoyed 'Ordo Ad Chao' however I have seen them live twice since then and both times they have been terrible, let's just hope they can still write and record to a high standard.

Nocturnal Depression - I am looking forward to their new EP 'L'Isolement' and also next year they shall be releasing a new album. I love all of their work so am hoping the new stuff is just as good!

Tryptikon - I have no idea if these are planning on releasing anything next year but I certainly hope so!

Sorry for such a long post!

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 pm 

Voices debut also comes out in February, with David Gray and others involved, it's sure to be the best thing since sliced Akercocke.
Fragmented Illustrations of Anger is still as killer as ever. I'm sure the album will not disappoint but I'm curious as to what direction the rest of album will take. Of course I'm eager to hear new Triptykon, which based off an interview should be hitting sometime in 2013. Finally, Aosoth's new record is easily in my top 10 most anticipated releases of the new year along with Portal, so you can bet I'll bust a nut when that arrives.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 pm 

Anubis Gate is recording their new album as we speak... :D

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 am 

Metal_Detector wrote:

Hope it's better than their self titled.

Stratovarius, Helloween and Manilla Road? Sounds like my 2013 will be busy in its early months.

iAmDisturbed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 am 

Hope Virgin Steele finally releases something hard and heavy and as mindblowing as Atreus!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:53 am 

Elffor - Heriotz Sustraiak (28th December 2012):
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=94875

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 pm 

Oh I'm looking forward to a lot of records coming out next year. I'm super hyped about Kvelertaks new album and also really looking forward to hear where Mayhem are heading without Blasphemer. It's not metal but I've always had a soft spot for Hatebreed so I'm looking forward to their new album as well. Another album I am pumped about is the new Entombed that will hopefully be released next year.

Also I wonder what all this talk of new Carcass material is about? Have they confirmed that they are writing new songs?

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:55 am 

Oh, how the fuck could I forget the new Anacrusis album? That is EASILY my most anticipated album of the year. The first new record they've released in twenty years will be a double disc package featuring over two dozen tracks named Parallax Error. Sound epic yet? I'm counting the seconds.

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:45 am 

Oddeye wrote:
what all this talk of new Carcass material is about? Have they confirmed that they are writing new songs?

It would appear so although I haven't seen anything official. There's no way I'm jumping the gun and getting excited.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 am 

Oh, oh, I forgot! Vektor said they would have their third album ready two years after the release of Outer Isolation. Now, OI was released last year, so..... :hyper:

c210344
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:19 am 

Amorphis, Finntroll (read Trollhorn's blog about the writing & recording of the album here: http://yersiniafestis.blogspot.fi/ ) & also Moonsorrow!
I'd be interested to see if Rhapsody of Fire (minus Luca) come up with anything next year too.
EDIT - Belphegor & Behemoth (hopefully) too.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:19 pm 

Havok - the other Havok that is - the Swedish technical or progressive or melodic or whatever death metal band seems to be releasing their second album in 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... EmId6qmoGc

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:45 pm 

Apparently the new Portal is going to be titled "Vexovoid": http://www.facebook.com/profoundlorerec ... 1665244877
Quote:
...And after that, of course the release of the new PORTAL album which will be entitled "Vexovoid" which will be released on Feb 19th (with the vinyl version, which we are doing, following a month or so after the official release date).

Hmm, interesting. Though with that title I'm imagining something Wormed-ish, which I hope isn't what it turns out to be.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:48 pm 

oogboog wrote:
Ouroboros is in pre-production for their new album next year, can't wait! :hyper:

http://ouroboros.mu/wordpress/?p=33

Nice.

MalignantThrone wrote:
Apparently the new Portal is going to be titled "Vexovoid": http://www.facebook.com/profoundlorerec ... 1665244877
Quote:
...And after that, of course the release of the new PORTAL album which will be entitled "Vexovoid" which will be released on Feb 19th (with the vinyl version, which we are doing, following a month or so after the official release date).

Hmm, interesting. Though with that title I'm imagining something Wormed-ish, which I hope isn't what it turns out to be.

Vexovoid, eh? I reckon it's going to be great.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:30 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Oh, oh, I forgot! Vektor said they would have their third album ready two years after the release of Outer Isolation. Now, OI was released last year, so..... :hyper:

THIS!

Also, I'm still waiting for new Enfold Darkness to drop.

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Oddeye wrote:
what all this talk of new Carcass material is about? Have they confirmed that they are writing new songs?

It would appear so although I haven't seen anything official. There's no way I'm jumping the gun and getting excited.

Nothing official, but Bill Steer said after an Angel Witch gig the other week that they were almost done.

StalUlv
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:05 am 

Wow, I can't believe that I didn't know about the new Darkthrone and Moonsorrow albums. I can't wait to hear those! The new Exhumed, Finntroll, and Mayhem albums should also be albums that I will keep my eye out for. 2013 should be a good year then.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 am 

I love how quickly these threads turn into a maelstrom of pure speculation. It's like:

The smart, rational people wrote:
Well band A and B have albums scheduled to be released in the coming months.

And then the hopeless romantics wrote:
*list of bands (s)he likes*

And then the next two pages wrote:
WHOA I DIDN'T KNOW BAND G WAS COMING OUT WITH SOMETHING I'M SO EXCITED NOW
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Quote:

Literally got a hard on when I read this. This is why I keep up to date with the news.
I'm imagining something utterly terrifying and surreal.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Literally got a hard on when I read this.

That's fucked up, man.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:04 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
volutetheswarth wrote:
Literally got a hard on when I read this.

That's fucked up, man.

Not really. I think I'm fairly sane.
Awblaster wrote:
Nothing official, but Bill Steer said after an Angel Witch gig the other week that they were almost done.

That's a little more weight to the truth, and it's nice to know where this originated from.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:18 am 

Finland's Sons of Aeon will release their self-titled debut album in January. The band includes several well known Finnish musicians, including Wille Naukkarinen and Tommi Kiviniemi from Ghost Brigade. I guess they don't have any prior releases cause they're not on the Archives yet.

Here's the first released track, Faceless

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:58 am 

Blizk wrote:
Here's the first released track, Faceless

Three minutes of intro riffs, and then when the song actually starts, they are all out of riffs. Ineffective song writing.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 am 

Opus wrote:
Three minutes of intro riffs, and then when the song actually starts, they are all out of riffs. Ineffective song writing.

Heh, kinda true... ends up dragging without much dynamics. Promising line-up nevertheless, would be disappointing if the rest wasn't any better.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Metal_Detector wrote:

Hope it's better than their self titled.

I actually do, too. I loved the last album for a little while after it released, but it honestly doesn't thrill me much anymore. I'd say its easily their worst, though still good. I hope this one really goes all out, though.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 pm 

Well folks, just when the next year seemed like it couldn't be any more stupefying, HOLOCAUST (Scotland) is coming alive again and recording a new album also. :O

I think I'm gonna fall into a happiness coma...

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:25 pm 

have got really high hopes for Summoning, they rarely disappoint - just a shame we've had to wait so darn long since the last album!
Also holding out for a new Darkspace....

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next