Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm 

ok so i own the tender prey, the best of, and murder ballads. of the three murder ballads is my least favorite but i still enjoy most of it. I am not sure if this should go in another place or not but i am curious as to which albums i should look in to next by nick cave as he has so many. i want to know which other fans would recomend. thanksk in advance

ArcticTundra13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 pm 

Allright. You can't go wrong with any of his albums but I'll list the ones that I enjoy the most. I'd probably say if you like Tender Prey a lot then you'd enjoy Let Love In about just as much. It has the same dark tone and the music is phenomenal. I'd then recommend Abbatoir Blues/ Lyre of Orpheus to get a different taste of Nick Cave. The music is lighter on the whole but does tread in dark territory. The first CD has more light rockers and the second CD has less upbeat tunes. Henry's Dream would be my next pick to hear a relentless barrage of awesomeness from the Cave, all with heavy acoustic guitars. The Boatman's Call is my next rec as it pulls a lot of his signature sounds together, and has an interesting gospel flair. Start with those, and you should enjoy. The rest are all magnificent though. Cheers.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:34 pm 

yes i prefer all my music dark. it is just a quality i find in all music i enjoy. thanks for the insight, i will check out let love in next. still interested in others opinions as nick cave is a very diverse artist.

ToliFlesh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:32 pm 

idk why you didn't check out From Her to Eternity but that's the first one to check out.

Also, check out Let Love In, that one is my personal favorite.
The Firstborn is Dead has some great gothy blues type stuff. If you like Tender Prey, check out Your Funeral... My Trial as well.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 pm 

thanks i will be getting all his albums at least the early ones.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:02 pm 

I might be the only person ever to say this, but 'No More Shall We Part' is by far my favorite Nick Cave album. It's very different from his early stuff, but I think it's far better, simply because the stripped-down sadness of it appeals to me very much. It's been a dear friend to me in hard times, and contains some of his best lyrics. Definitely do NOT ignore this record. It's beautiful.

ToliFlesh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 am 

Everything he's done is worth noting, IMO.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:10 am 

ok so now i have tender prey, let love in, best of, murder ballads, and live seeds. let love in is my favorite. i think i am going with henrys dream of your funeral my trial next.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 am 

i am also curious as to how the birthday p-arty compares to early cave?

Reply to topic