Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LiberXul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:48 am 

I will be releasing a demo soon, or potentially a release with a fellow black metal band or two, depending on how things go. I thought in the meantime, it would be good to have a harsh recording to show a few people. In the space of ten minutes, I recorded instruments in a cover of Bathory's Sacrifice track. I know that the individual tracks peak here and there, and I didn't follow the original song straight to the T, which I prefer to do anyway. There is clipping and the mix is not what I would have on a serious recording, so before anyone listens just remember those things. The drums should be a lot louder, I can barely hear them myself, but oh well. The genuine intent is there.

Any criticism is welcome, if you like it let me know what you liked, if you hated it then let me know, but keep the flaming to a minimum. It was a quick job, but I think it's awesome. I love little one offs like these, so let's hear what you think.

And if you're comfortable, message me a link to your own music so that I can hear it. If you'd like criticism or another pair of ears to hear your stuff, I'm all onboard for helping fellow musicians of the board.

Thanks a lot for reading, hope you enjoy the cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlme2yy ... e=youtu.be

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am 

Seems kind of rushed, specially on the vocals, it's like you don't have the time to pronounce the syllabes properly.
Speaking of vocals, it sounds like you were recording yourself at half an inch from the microphone, the attack every time the vocals kick in is too loud, might want to keep an eye on that.

Don't like the tone on the guitar, but that's up to personal taste; what I did notice is that at some times you seem to have gone slightly out of tempo.

The volume on the drums seems adequate enough to me, I wouldn't put them louder.

dontrushurshot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 am 

check out the tsjuder cover, see if you can make yours more original than theirs so it will stand out

Reply to topic