Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
leatherandtrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:27 pm 

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/31958 ... ideo-ever/

Craziest thing I've ever seen. Pretty bold move, in my opinion, but I, for one, fucking love it. Discuss.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:40 pm 

Wow, that was actually pretty disgusting.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 pm 

it is anything like that insane Cephalic Carnage video?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Roxyben
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:01 pm 

Lovely stuff.

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm 

An exploding dick is hard to beat, but this comes close to it in terms of repugnance.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 pm 

Holy fuck, that was sick!
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm 

it's not THAT bad guys, c'mon. the exploding dick one was gorier AND more hilarious.

that being said, i gotta get off the internet when shit like this doesn't even make me flinch any more

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm 

That was pretty disgusting. I've seen worse, but I still felt a bit uneasy throughout it. Not a huge fan of videos made solely for shock value, but it's cool when one pops up.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm 

Nice to see a band with balls this day in age

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:18 pm 

Yeah, I didn't even finish the video. That dude with the mask for some reason reminded me of Bane.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm 

That's..... Pretty fucked up. There's no message or symbolism or anything..... But it goes excellently with the music. But still, agh.

Rusted and Rotting
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm 

That drill dildo/sex toy/mutilator thing built out of a broadhead arrow was ridiculous! My fuck!
"I am drunk as fuck, driving around town drunk, I'm on dope, and I want you to call the police. Not only that, but I got a loaded hand gun right here. I'm gonna start firing this off. So please call the cops." --Ricky, "Trailer Park Boys"

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:12 pm 

Yeah it was gross and slightly better than Kingdom of Tyrants but ultimately a far cry from a good music video. It's such a shame that time and time again Cattle Decapitation can't find the visual representation their killer music deserves.

zzerk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:39 pm 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Yeah it was gross and slightly better than Kingdom of Tyrants but ultimately a far cry from a good music video. It's such a shame that time and time again Cattle Decapitation can't find the visual representation their killer music deserves.

I couldn't disagree more. Kingdom of Tyrants is one of the few music videos that I really enjoy.

Can't find the visual representation? Read the lyrics to "Forced Gender Reassignment." This vid fits perfectly. I don't know what you could possibly expect that would go better.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:48 pm 

I found a very inspirational message in this video.

You see, the overall theme of the video seems to be the brutal and gory torture of members of the Westboro Baptist Church, and to see this in such gory detail fills me with so much joy!

And I can get behind the words "FUCK GOD! SAY IT! SAY FUCK GOD! SCREAM IT YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:51 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:

You see, the overall theme of the video seems to be the brutal and gory torture of members of the Westboro Baptist Church, and to see this in such gory detail fills me with so much joy!

And I can get behind the words "FUCK GOD! SAY IT! SAY FUCK GOD! SCREAM IT YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

. . . . .
u wot m8?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm 

zzerk wrote:
volutetheswarth wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. Kingdom of Tyrants is one of the few music videos that I really enjoy.

Can't find the visual representation? Read the lyrics to "Forced Gender Reassignment." This vid fits perfectly. I don't know what you could possibly expect that would go better.

I own the album and have read the lyrics several times. Use your head, just because it mimics the lyrics doesn't mean the vid fits perfectly. There was a genuine chance for the director and the band to make something classic and visually different, to wow the viewers, they instead opted for the run-of-the-mill gorefest with quick cuts and guitar shots which is more than over done these days.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:04 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
Goatfangs wrote:

. . . . .
u wot m8?

Learn how to use these.

Also, I closed the video, I dislike useless gore even if it's too make a statement, this was tasteless.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 pm 

I liked how blatantly fucked up it is. The part with the tampon actually made me laugh. I actually expected a little more from the video considering it's Cattle Decapitation, but overall it was pretty (hilariously) gross. I think my watching the baby rape scene from A Serbian Film has completely desensitized me to any gross gore stuff in movies or videos of this style forevermore.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

zzerk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 pm 

volutetheswarth wrote:
I own the album and have read the lyrics several times. Use your head, just because it mimics the lyrics doesn't mean the vid fits perfectly. There was a genuine chance for the director and the band to make something classic and visually different, to wow the viewers, they instead opted for the run-of-the-mill gorefest with quick cuts and guitar shots which is more than over done these days.

Since you seem to consistently put your head to good use, what sort of direction would you have taken Forced Gender Reassignment? I definitely agree that they had a chance to do something greater, but the visual representation fits the song, even if it isn't up to your artistic standards.

Metallic Kilt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 pm 

It didn't even bother me that much. WTF is wrong with me?

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 pm 

I have to admit, that was pretty brutal.

If only we had horror movies like that instead of this religious-paranormal horror crap nowadays.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
If only we had horror movies like that instead of this religious-paranormal horror crap nowadays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Serbian_Film

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:12 pm 

The freaky thing about A Serbian Film actually is that it's actually really, really effective. It's the only movie of that ultra violent, fucked up kind I can remember being genuinely disturbed by in a long time.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 pm 

Wow, really intense video, this is my favorite song from the album and I never imagined they would make a video for this one, I always thought the lyrics are pretty interesting and funny, but, this isn't funny (At least not for me, yes, it's disturbing and yes I liked it) n_n

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:44 am 

That was just nasty! i couldnt finish the video! Ha Ha and im a huge C D fan, but kudos for having the guts to make it

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Metalfuckingrules wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Serbian_Film

Subrick wrote:
The freaky thing about A Serbian Film actually is that it's actually really, really effective. It's the only movie of that ultra violent, fucked up kind I can remember being genuinely disturbed by in a long time.

Irreversible much?

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:15 am 

I think the main reason I wasn't too shocked by the fuckedness of this video was because all the disturbing sexual torture and violence was inflicted on actors pretending to be members of the Westboro baptist church. Fuck those people, who cares what happens to them. Honestly, if it were any other person, I'd be a bit more disturbed, but those snake dancing hillbilly cum dumpsters? fuck no, do whatever you want to those freaks.

percepticide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 pm 

The new Cattle Decapitation video is pretty brutal.

I didn't find a Serbian Film all that fucked up. It was extremely underwhelming for me.

leatherandtrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm 

I think the video was perfect. It may have lacked taste, but then again we are talking about brutal death metal aren't we? How many album covers on this website show even more sickening depictions of gore and filth? Torsofuck's Erotic Diarreah Fantasy, Guttural Secrete's Reek of Pubescent Dispoilment, etc.. This video celebrates the senseless violence death metal fans grew up obsessing over. Not many videos cross the line into the actual in your face graphic gore that is actually being referenced in the song. Not to mention, as explained by Travis Ryan directly under the music video on the page, there actually is a very strong message to it, its just done in a gorey sick brutal death metal way. I think they should be admired for the fact that by its very existence, a video like this is also a stance on censorship, which is important.

It should be noted that anything that attacks the Westboro Baptist church is fucking awesome too. I'd love to show them this video lol.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 pm 

leatherandtrash wrote:
It should be noted that anything that attacks the Westboro Baptist church is fucking awesome too.

Shooting fish in a barrel, AWESOME!!

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:16 pm 

leatherandtrash wrote:
but then again we are talking about brutal death metal aren't we?

Uh, no, we're really not. Modern Cattle Decapitation are just noodly progressive death metal, and even back in the day they were goregrind. They've always been about as close to brutal death metal as Atheist are, because brutal death metal =/= regular death metal but with particularly gory lyrics and artwork.
/BDMsnob

Harlequin_Fetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:08 pm 

Jeez haha, was not expecting that.

WingedOctopus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:09 pm 

I loved it. Have nothing else to say than that, really.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:57 pm 

Call me a prude or whatever, but I don't like stuff like this at all. Never really been a fan of gore. I suppose they are making a political point (I hate the Westboro Baptist Church just as much as the next guy) but still, don't really want to see stuff like this.

leatherandtrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:58 pm 

To Malignant Throne: Cattle Decapitation is an amalgam of brutal death metal, grindcore, slam, technical death with progressive elements. I'm not going to list every subgenre they fall under amidst a point I am illustrating. Regardless of which of the many extreme categories of music the band draws off of or can be pigeonholed into, they play gorey extreme music. You are splitting hairs and missing the point.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 pm 

That wasn't that bad, lots and lots of smash cuts of bloody faces and nondescript organs, the odd bloody cock, the tampon thing was just funny, and the anal thing wasn't that bad, the warnings and terror on the site is overboard.

That song seemed duller than I remember the album being.

... And they're still a bunch of pussies who won't eat a hamburger

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:34 pm 

I liked the video, it kind of represented what the lyrics are about, though I would be a lot more happy if they made a video for one of their songs, that has more meaningfull messages such as animal consumption/experiments, instead of kind-of-anty-christian-unecessary-gore one.

oh, I like how they made a pause after the "while you're unconcious I just wait" :D

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:11 pm 

How lovely. I was expecting worse though when the video focus the and music pauses, and the guy just pulled a tampon out her vagina. I thought that would a perfect moment to shot something really disgusting

Travis Ryan wrote:
It seems nowadays you have to be over the top in your presentation to get anyone to think about anything anymore

This guy has a point, but at the end of the day, the thing that people remember will be arrow-drill dildo rape, and not the message about intolerance

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:29 pm 

The tampon scene would have been disgusting if not for the completely unnecessary and unintentionally funny pause in the music. I didn't watch the whole thing, hyper gore isn't that effective anymore in this time and age.

Ok, maybe they did add that pause for comedic relieve, if that's the case, good job. :lol:

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next