Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:30 pm 

Kahalachan wrote:
The biggest thing is that stealth doesn't seem to pay off that much. Maybe as far as endings and all that, but when I mess up sneaking around and have to fight, it's not bad at all. It's quite easy. This is the same problem with Assassin's Creed. Combat is just not hard at all.

That's what the difficulty level is for, just stop playing on normal like a wimp. ;) On hard you die pretty fucking fast, like two hits or so.

I'm still quite early in the game, but up to now it's everything I had hoped for.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 pm 

Just beat BL2. Tons o' fun playing with friends. Now, I'm playing the first Syberia which has been a lot of fun so far too. The soundtrack is a bit limiting though...

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:51 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Nice, but I'm not gonna buy an iPod. I read you can also hook some bluetooth gamepads up with an Android, though then it's arguably no longer a handheld...

Why don't you just use your android OS? The controls aren't that unbearable once you get used to them. I've been blasting through every Castlevania game I can think of on my Sony Xperia Tipo. Otherwise you can use emulators on a PSP, if you have one.

Anyone else think what they're doing in Doom 3 BFG Edition is dumb?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:58 pm 

Nah, emulating console controls on a touchscreen is a horrible solution. I tried it with Doom and it sucks hard.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:06 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
Anyone else think what they're doing in Doom 3 BFG Edition is dumb?

That depends if you're like me and lost all your original copies (including D!Zone, Demon's Gate, Final Doom, fffuuuuuu) and have never played Doom 3 and would just like to play classic Doom and a supposed "better" version of D3 on your PS3.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Nah, emulating console controls on a touchscreen is a horrible solution. I tried it with Doom and it sucks hard.

You need to be smart about it, man. You download games that aren't a mess to play on touchscreen--RPGs and sidescrollers work best for me.

Dragunov wrote:
That depends if you're like me and lost all your original copies (including D!Zone, Demon's Gate, Final Doom, fffuuuuuu) and have never played Doom 3 and would just like to play classic Doom and a supposed "better" version of D3 on your PS3.

It's dumb because while it's meant to try and appeal more to the fans of the two first games, you just can't turn Doom 3 into a Doom/Doom 2 experience unless you redesign the whole game to resemble the Serious Sam HD games. The level design is just too tailored towards survival horror than action horror. I mean, the first couple of levels didn't have any shooting at all and were meant for story progression (like in Half-Life), and most of the first half of the game was just lurking in the shadows and trying to survive rather than crazed gunfights. All the details they added like audio logs on lost PDA's just made the experience more immersive and really bone chilling, but these details wouldn't be enjoyable had the game not been paced as it was.

Now what? They want to increase player speed, brighten the environment and add more ammo and the ability to use a flashlight with all weapons. I read somewhere it's because they want to make it more about shooting demons again rather than desperately collecting ammo in the shadows. But they're trying to remove the elements that were the core of the game itself. It scared the shit out of me that I had to choose between seeing what's in the black and being defenseless or having a gun but pointing it at darkness. What they're doing is like trying to introduce the modern third-person action mechanic on Resident Evil 4/5/6 on RE1/2/3 WITHOUT redesigning any of the game.

My overall point is, Doom 3 was a masterpiece for what it was, and it will probably suck more trying to be the game it's not. You made it this way, developers, what gives in trying to change it now?
All of this applies less to the Resurrection of Evil expansion than it does to the main game, but still.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

You need to be smart about it, man. You download games that aren't a mess to play on touchscreen--RPGs and sidescrollers work best for me.

In fact I've been playing Pokémon on that thing for some time, but what I really want are the legendary platformers which simply require more regarding controls.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:02 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
In fact I've been playing Pokémon on that thing for some time, but what I really want are the legendary platformers which simply require more regarding controls.

The only significant difference in controls that could pose a problem is the lack of thumbstick. I guess you're best off with a PSP, though getting an emulator to work on one is tricky. I personally can think of nothing more convenient in this world than Metroidvania games on my phone.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:04 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
Doom 3 HD stuff

Ah man, "scrambling for ammo in the dark" and not knowing what's ahead of you actually does sound a lot cooler than the normal Doom thing. I haven't delved too deeply into the release aside from looking at a few gameplay videos when it first came out on Xbox, and seeing what all came with this PS3 rerelease. I'd of course like easier access to the old games, for sure, but I was also stoked to finally be able to play the latest one. Hmm, hopefully it ends up being just as fun, or at least I'm hoping there's a difficulty setting that ends up just being like the original version.

I'll just have to remind myself that it's a Doom game and tell myself to shut up and kill stuff. :D

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
Poisonfume wrote:
Doom 3 HD stuff

Ah man, "scrambling for ammo in the dark" and not knowing what's ahead of you actually does sound a lot cooler than the normal Doom thing. I haven't delved too deeply into the release aside from looking at a few gameplay videos when it first came out on Xbox, and seeing what all came with this PS3 rerelease. I'd of course like easier access to the old games, for sure, but I was also stoked to finally be able to play the latest one. Hmm, hopefully it ends up being just as fun, or at least I'm hoping there's a difficulty setting that ends up just being like the original version.

I'll just have to remind myself that it's a Doom game and tell myself to shut up and kill stuff. :D

Oh no worries, on max difficulty it's almost unplayable. Just like the old Doom :D I have great memories of entering the most wtf rooms in Doom 2 and thinking how it was humanly possible to get past a dozen cyberdemons and the bigger brain-spider things.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the game if and when you play it. My guess is that if the changes they said they'd make are in fact noticeable, the game will lose a big part of what made it great. Having the old games included is a big plus, I basically bought Resurrection of Evil on the Xbox (when I had Doom 3 installed on the PC) just because it included the old ones too.

I hope the outdated visuals don't spoil the immersion. Play with the lights off just in case ;)

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 pm 

I'll be sure to offer my two cents once I get it! :thumbsup:

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:33 pm 

I liked Doom 3 a lot. Graphically it's aged really well, though gameplay wise Half-Life 2 holds up tremendously better in comparison. I remember how big of a deal the two were back in their day, so it's interesting looking back on them thesedays.

I'm pretty interested in the Doom 3 BFG release. Granted, sounds like a bunch of mods you can tack onto the PC version, but whatever. The extra episode looks really cool.

I seriously could never get into Resurrection of Evil though... is it just me? I tried chugging through it several times, but yeah did nothing for me.

If you want the real Doom 3 though, just go play Doom 64 / Absolution. That was the original Doom style with a major facelift, new graphics, enemy designs, sounds, etc. It ends up getting hard as balls too. Never see many talk about it but I think it's pretty amazing. Of course nothing compares to the original two games and the endless WAD's however. I'd put Doom up there with Super Metroid, Link to the Past, and Deus Ex, for probably my favorite games of all time. Every year I seem to have a Doom month or two where I go back to it.

HellBlazer wrote:
Kahalachan wrote:
The biggest thing is that stealth doesn't seem to pay off that much. Maybe as far as endings and all that, but when I mess up sneaking around and have to fight, it's not bad at all. It's quite easy. This is the same problem with Assassin's Creed. Combat is just not hard at all.

That's what the difficulty level is for, just stop playing on normal like a wimp. ;) On hard you die pretty fucking fast, like two hits or so.

I'm still quite early in the game, but up to now it's everything I had hoped for.

Sounds like Thief on easy. Stealth was really rewarding in Thief because, well you survived and got through the damn level. But I understand it can be different for many games. I've said it before in this thread, but stealth isn't really my style... but Thief did it perfectly, loved the Riddick games, I ran away a lot in System Shock 2 to save ammo and stuff, etc. I love some of the AC games but I'm not going to praise the stealth elements at all, they're pretty tacky and not intense one bit... it's just trial and error game design where if you slip up, mission is over and you have to restart. Would be more interesting if you got caught and it permanently messed up that mission and the story altered in whatever way, but probably asking for too much.

Dishonored looks most influenced by Thief / Looking Glass by far to me, so I have a hunch I will really enjoy being stealthy in it.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 am 

Let's not forget Far Cry in the HL2/Doom 3 discussion. It was right at their heels for a great, modern FPS experience. I enjoyed it a lot.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 am 

HellBlazer wrote:

Hah hah. Doesn't that make the stealth harder though? I failed enough at that as is. I don't need that to get any harder.

I'll probably just keep it on normal and avoid killing people cause I don't want to spread the plague even more or whatever the punishment is for killing too many people. The game hints at the beginning that killing people affects the story and ending so it'll just be a matter of discipline and not going around killing people cause it's easier.

I'm nearly done with Skyward Sword so I'll probably finish that up before touching Dishonored again. Skyward Sword has some nicely difficult parts. The spirit realm stuff is nasty and feels like classic NES difficulty. Memorize everything and if you mess up once you start all over. But then some other parts that aren't even meant to be hard are super annoying cause the game is demanding precision and the Wii remote just doesn't deliver.

It's still good though. I like it better than everyone's favorite Ocarina of Time. As of now it's probably a tie with Twilight Princess or just barely behind.

1. Link to the Past
2. Twilight Princess
3. Skyward Sword (pending final dungeon, last boss, and ending for a true ranking)

I need to try Majora's Mask sometime. After Dishonored and Deus Ex though.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:21 am 

Link's Awakening is also a great game. Play that if you haven't already!

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 am 

Kahalachan wrote:
I'll probably just keep it on normal and avoid killing people cause I don't want to spread the plague even more or whatever the punishment is for killing too many people. The game hints at the beginning that killing people affects the story and ending so it'll just be a matter of discipline and not going around killing people cause it's easier.

It might come off as a minor spoiler, but
Spoiler: show
according to previews, the chaos state or whatever it's called is a. reversible (as in completing missions quietly will reduce the chaos level if it isn't zero) and b. has a leeway (you can kill a set number of people before it starts to increase).

Anyway, only 13 hours to go until XCOM unlocks for me. Which could have been considered as great news, except I'll only be able to play it on Sunday. :ugh:
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:24 am 

Xeogred wrote:
Sounds like Thief on easy. Stealth was really rewarding in Thief because, well you survived and got through the damn level. But I understand it can be different for many games. I've said it before in this thread, but stealth isn't really my style... but Thief did it perfectly

Exactly, Thief incentivized stealth naturally, no chaos rating/silent assassin rank/xp boost required.
Just one of many reasons why thief is the best stealth game ever by a mile.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 am 

My copies of X-COM and Dishonored are still unopened, won't be able to play them until this weekend. :(

satanic_neumann
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 am 

So i finally completed all the campaigns in Resident Evil 6 yesterday. Game was better than i expected. Dont let subjective and bitter reviews fool you, according to several forums and sites, fans really like this game. Gameplay is not much different from RE4 and RE5. Action heavy and non-survival horror. First thing i noted is that controls are so much better than in any previous game. I replayed RE4 HD before this one and controls felt atrocious compared to RE6. Plus dodging is easier once learned, melee is much better and more fun and you can move while shooting, at last hooray!

Plot has gained many praises and i can somewhat agree with those. Well its not that great itself but very well presented. Cutscenes and voice acting is all top notch and theres plenty of new interesting characters.
Graphicly, some textures looks dated but overall the game is good looking for consoles. Technically game runs great, theres very few framerate drops, freezing, graphical gliches and such.

Yes and QTE's, everybody hates them, and yeah, i'm not a big fan either. Theres too many of them thats for sure, in Leon's campaign especially. Most idiotic part being where you have to land a plane. First you have to look around to find right buttons, then you have to succeed in QTE to push the right button and then smash some buttons to turn a switch. What the fuck really!!? QTE's are not difficult but they punish you by death until you got them right, i dont see much of a point in that. I have wondered why so many game franchises has included more and more QTE's (Ninja Gaiden 3 comes into mind...), well apparently japanese gamers love them.

In the end, QTE's aren't very big problem, just annoying but they dont ruin the whole experience. There's also couple annoying parts where you have to run away from big monster, especially in Chris's campaign, it required you to perform it flawlessly before game continued. Even though shooting and beating the enemies is the main focus, there was one stealth segment, couple real puzzles and some vehicle riding madness.

All the classic weapons are there, including also rocket launcher, grenade launcher and bowgun. Enemy variety is suprising extensive. Collectibles are there, figures, files about characters and creatures backrounds, hidden emblems, et cetera.

Game is really long compared to previos titles, took me about 28 hours to complete all campaigns and searching every corner. Among that theres of course classic Mercenaries mode and new online mode called Agent Hunt. Havent tried that one yet but basically you can join other players game as monsters and try to ruin their progression. Gotta try that one later. Among basic online co-op theres parts where story intersects with other players, many boss fights for example, and you can give them a hand. Nice feature. I played by myself the whole game, i imagine RE6 would be much better experience to play with friend, just like RE5.

In conclusion, i personally enjoyed Resident Evil 6 more than 5 or 4. Positive aspects beat negatives easily. I understand that many fans dont like the new way franchise is taking but it's not going back to classic survival horror. Deal with it dammit! This is just my personal opinion as a long time fan since the first RE game. Give this game a try if you like RE4, RE5 and Revelations.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 am 

Kahalachan wrote:
I'm nearly done with Skyward Sword so I'll probably finish that up before touching Dishonored again. Skyward Sword has some nicely difficult parts. The spirit realm stuff is nasty and feels like classic NES difficulty. Memorize everything and if you mess up once you start all over. But then some other parts that aren't even meant to be hard are super annoying cause the game is demanding precision and the Wii remote just doesn't deliver.

I'd say Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess even out for me. Twilight Princess starts off pretty slow and the wolf segments sucked, but then it got really awesome in the second half. Skyward Sword on the other hand I felt pushed its time a bit in the second half, with so much backtracking. I'm not a huge fan of the broken up overworld thing, the same idea they used with Wind Waker. There wasn't much variety there either, could've used an snowy place and some other environments. The final dungeon was a bit underwhelming too, but had a cool idea. Final boss was great though, and the credits theme was the most epic thing I've ever heard.

Overall still loved it myself, and I certainly like Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess more than Wind Waker... way more dungeons and stuff.

Majora's Mask is the hardest 3D Zelda by a long shot, kind of like Metroid Prime 2 out of the Prime trilogy. The stone temple dungeon makes the water temple seem like a joke. For its difficulty and darker storyline for a Zelda, I liked MM a lot.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:37 am 

Xeogred wrote:
I'd say Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess even out for me. Twilight Princess starts off pretty slow and the wolf segments sucked, but then it got really awesome in the second half. Skyward Sword on the other hand I felt pushed its time a bit in the second half, with so much backtracking. I'm not a huge fan of the broken up overworld thing, the same idea they used with Wind Waker. There wasn't much variety there either, could've used an snowy place and some other environments. The final dungeon was a bit underwhelming too, but had a cool idea. Final boss was great though, and the credits theme was the most epic thing I've ever heard.

Overall still loved it myself, and I certainly like Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess more than Wind Waker... way more dungeons and stuff.

Majora's Mask is the hardest 3D Zelda by a long shot, kind of like Metroid Prime 2 out of the Prime trilogy. The stone temple dungeon makes the water temple seem like a joke. For its difficulty and darker storyline for a Zelda, I liked MM a lot.

Wind Waker is another one I haven't done yet. Never had a Gamecube and I don't know if there's a Wii version. So Oh well. I'd agree with everything here except I liked how Twilight Princess was slow at first. Gives you a sense of scope when you start off doing less important stuff at first.

I agree the final dungeon of Skyward Sword is a bit uninteresting although it was good idea. And yeah the final boss was a bit of a workout. Hah hah. Swinging the remote around like crazy. That's one of the few times I felt like I was holding a sword.

Storywise it's an interesting prequel to all other Zeldas. This is Skyward Sword's strongest point. Gameplay I much prefered Twilight Princess cause it called for less demanding precision that the Wii remote doesn't offer. Theme and mood goes to Twilight Princess too.

So my initial ranking is about right.

1. Link to the Past
2. Twilight Princess
3. Skyward Sword
4. Link's Awakening
5. Ocarina of Time

and the rest........

And with the end of Skyward Sword, this might be an end of the Wii for me. Unless I really wanna try The Last Story, I can't see any more new Wii games I want. It'll just be replaying good stuff.

So I put the Wii remote to rest as if it were the Master Sword from all the Zelda games. :-P

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:24 am 

So you got Muramasa yet? :P

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:28 am 

Kahalachan wrote:
Never had a Gamecube and I don't know if there's a Wii version. So Oh well.

You do know the Wii is backward-compatible...?

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 am 

Yeah but I'd have to buy a Gamecube controller. A pure Wii version would be better.

So if I ever wanted to try Wind Waker, I could make that sacrifice I guess. Gamecube controllers probably wouldn't cost much.

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:16 am 

I think I must have played the original Legend of Zelda 1000 times. I just never got tired of it. A Link to the Past never grabbed me in the same way, though my younger brother played it to death just like I did with the first one.

Ocarina of Time for the N64 still remains to me the top Zelda game. It is endlessly fun and easily accessible, like Mario 64. I still play it from time to time, and even bought they Game Cube disc for it in case my N64 ever went on the fritz.

Twilight Princess is a close second however. I could have done with less Wolf, but it was an interesting hook.

Majora's Mask is annoying. I know a lot of people who liked it, but the time travel aspect put me off. My style of gameplay involves a lot of wandering, going in the opposite direction that the storyline wants to point you, finding secrets and doing side quests. To keep zapping back to the past, where a lot of thingss went back to an unfinished state, made it hard for me to keep track of what I had completed.

My wife loves Wind Waker.

I really, really tried Skyword Sword. Honestly. I found the motion control aspect gimmicky and unnecessary. Waving your arm up and down to get the bird to flap was just dumb. Requiring enemies to get hit at certain angles was just a half-baked way to shoehorn in some reason to use motion control.

Maybe I'm just old school. But a frequent complaint among game reviewers is that most games that use motion control don't actually need it. The Mario games never did, and they are plenty fun.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 am 

I loved Wind Waker, too. Such a vibrant, theatrical game. The sailing did get pretty boring at times, though.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 am 

Kahalachan wrote:
Yeah but I'd have to buy a Gamecube controller. A pure Wii version would be better.

So if I ever wanted to try Wind Waker, I could make that sacrifice I guess. Gamecube controllers probably wouldn't cost much.

I was under the impression that the Wii's classic controller would work, but I'm not sure.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:30 pm 

Nah, Wind Waker is garbage. I'm quoting myself with the following from a post last year: I know people have tried to guide me into liking it, but it's utterly useless. First off, it's so damn childish that I have no connection with anything I do in the game. Nevermind the endless sailing, the lame characters, and the crappy music - the gameplay is subpar and the graphics are nothing but eye-candy (I think they suck). Bosses were awful-to-decent, levels were more annoying than intriguing, and all the side quests had nothing about them that made me want to complete them. Just a game that's boring at one moment and unplayable at another. Felt like a chore trying to get through it, and I must have been 70% or so through the game before I just said "fuck it". Colossal shit that I hated when it first came out and something I hate after playing it this past year.

To add more, the game felt too non-chalant the entire time. There was no real intensity or threat to make you piss yourself, and the kiddie aspect turned something that wanted to be perceived as epic into something actually perceived as uninspired.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Kahalachan wrote:

I was under the impression that the Wii's classic controller would work, but I'm not sure.

Nah, he's right. Classic Controller doesn't work with Gamecube games. Probably something to do with shoulder buttons being analog on the Gamecube controller.

And the cartoony graphics in Wind Waker are its best feature. There's nothing wrong with games having 'kiddie' aesthetic, some of the best games I've played this generation have had that sort of art direction and I prefer it to more realistic looking titles. Although I have to agree that Wind Waker is somewhat overrated, but it's still a very good game. It felt a little bit rushed, which is regrettable, and the Triforce pieces hunt at the end of the game is terrible padding. The OST is fantastic, I love the medley they did with the orchestra not too long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bkabasS6tQ

Awesome shit.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:59 pm 

My only complaint about Wind Waker was that it was easy as heck, painfully easy. But oh well.

Keep those 3D Zelda's coming, I love them all, but my interest in the handheld ones pretty much died after the Oracle games... even though I finally just played those last year, they were a blast. Minish Cap and beyond though, I'm not a fan of at all. That was the cue for Zelda becoming more fetch quest heavy and sacrificing dungeons/exploration, so I favor the old overhead ones way more since there's just no handholding or any tedious errand running. This is why I kind of like OoT the most out of the 3D ones as well, since it was mostly dungeon crawling still.

The more dungeons, the happier I am with Zelda. I'm glad TP and SS brought the number back up, since MM and WW didn't have very many.

I think more Zelda would've been cute in SS. I liked her role in that one a lot, since it was finally, just a tad different and they didn't pull the predictable "oh she was that person the entire time" again, haha (reminds me of the hilarious betrayals in the Castlevania games, you always see them coming a mile away).

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:26 pm 

Kahalachan wrote:

Yeah... but screw Wind Waker; play Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:48 pm 

Only Majora's Mask is real. Well, more or less. Anything from A Link to the Past through the Oracle games is okay. Not really a fan of anything else, although I haven't played Skyward Sword. Didn't really like Twilight Princess at all.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 pm 

I liked Wind Waker because I could sail the sea endlessly while raiding goblin outposts

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:00 pm 

Jophelerx wrote:
Only Majora's Mask is real. Well, more or less. Anything from A Link to the Past through the Oracle games is okay. Not really a fan of anything else, although I haven't played Skyward Sword. Didn't really like Twilight Princess at all.

skyward sword is amazing. the cinematics are a little childish but the story is really captivating, the bosses are about 5 times as challenging as majoras mask. the gameplay makes perfect use of the wii's motionplus system.

on another note, does anyone play any games from the tales series? i found symphonia really captivating also, even moreso than skyward sword

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm 

The only thing I hate more then losing hour+ of gameplay is when that entire time was used wandering around doing dumb as fuck fetch quest and giving my inventory a total overhaul. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:01 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
Kahalachan wrote:

Yeah... but screw Wind Waker; play Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime.

No way, Wind Waker is definitely one of my favorite Zelda games. There's no reason you can't play Wind Waker along with Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime, they're all top-notch games.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm 

Because Powerpuff Link's Adventures in the Endless Sea = :zzz: xD

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:09 pm 

Sometimes I find the endless sailing peaceful. Not too many times that happens

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:49 pm 

Arkhane wrote:
the gameplay makes perfect use of the wii's motionplus system.

Oh god no, that's Skyward Sword's worst feature.

Like the Skyward strike is iffy. And at times when you need to do it quickly sucks. Most of the time you never have to, but we know of one time where you absolutely have to. The game has to register the Wii remote being pointed straight up.

Or when the game is so demanding as to require specific directional input. Something like a bottom-left to top-right diagonal slash.

The game works well if you just need generic horizontal or vertical slashes. Or a stabbing forward motion. All the enemies that were specific regarding those inputs were never a problem.

The worst is the flying. Or guiding your one item around in the air. So tilting was also an issue. If you tilted slightly the game never acknowledges a tilt and if you tilt too far you go off course.

I agree Skyward Sword was amazing, but oh man were the controls not one of the amazing things.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:15 pm 

Huh I never really had too many problems with it. I did have to sit in the middle of the room though

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454 ... 940  Next