Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Skarpretteren
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:41 pm 

Can anyone tell me anything about this version of Sigh- Scorn Defeat? See photo.

It is the first cover from DSP, and the cd has the first matrix from DSP. The thing I am curious about is the inlay which has negative colours.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521435957999258

nhh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:29 am 

Last edited by nhh on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 pm 

Hmmm a little confused over IFPI codes I have researched over the last week. since a couple people argued over the exact date the IFPI codes were stamped onto cds (i do not want to start or be in any part of an argument :))
Some places on the web say it was 1994 that cd manufacturers started using them. But still some other sites definitly say it started before them. Here is some info i found.

http://www.miskovskyfan.se/html/ifpi.php
http://www.miskovskyfan.se/html/ifpiis.php

This list is pretty thorough though.

Last edited by CHONGeYeD on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 pm 

IFPI LB50 Sonopress GmbH, Gütersloh Germany 1984-2004
yeah that's more than a little ambiguous :scratch:

GloomBlood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:39 am 

Got a couple of Bathory tapes the other day and wonder if there was ever an official number that were released, and I also know that Bathory has been bootlegged a lot.

Bathory - Blood Fire Death (Kraze)
Bathory - The Return...... (Combat)
Bathory - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark (New Renaissance Records)

Thank you.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 am 

Sadistik Exekution - K.A.O.S.

does anyone else have a copy of this to compare?
matrix: SADISTICK / CREATIVE DISC S10745/1
mould sid code: IFPI 6RA2
barcode: 708496066622
catalogue number: SHOCK 0666

click for images, they're only 600 wide
Spoiler: show

john88autopsy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:10 am 

Hi guys i've a question!(sorry for my bad english)
I bought a digipack version of Burzum-Filosofem and i've fear it is a bootleg.
These are matrix code and IFPI code indicated on discogs for original version:
MATRIX CODE:DADC A0100181635-0101 24 A6
IFPI CODE:L554
Those of my version:
MATRIX CODE:DADC A0100181635-0101 24 A1
They are almost the same,just change A6 with A1 on matrix code!
So,my version can be a bootleg?
Thanks!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm 

is A6 and A1 pressed into the plastic or somehow 'inscribed' or is it printed?
it's fairly common to get a variation like that.

put up a photo of the matrix area so someone can compare fonts etc

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 pm 

Flugeldufel wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:
Any have a copy of Paul Chain - Alkahest they can look at for me? I have no idea if Paul was ever bootlegged or not, but I figured I'd looks since I got this CD cheap and sealed.

My copy has OMS 991950128896 1544-B

I recently got one too that was sealed, with the same matrix and correct UPC (according to discogs). Aside from such a rare CD being sealed, and seeing that others are grabbing it lately, the only thing about it that makes me suspicious is that the printing on top of the disc is somewhat mis-registered and fuzzy. I've seen this on otherwise perfect boots/represses of Necromantia/Osmose stuff, where everything appears to be legit, but you can tell that the colors are misaligned just a little bit compared to them being sharp on a real original. I'm still loving the hell out of the music though, and I'd rather have this than nothing.

I had asked on NWN's forum if someone could check the matrix for me. I was told it's the correct matrix, so I'm confident I got a good copy. I asked the Amazon seller where he got his copies, he said he picked them up from some local store when they were closing down.

Recordcollector
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:13 am 

N/A

Last edited by Recordcollector on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john88autopsy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:02 am 

Recordcollector wrote:
john88autopsy wrote:
Hi guys i've a question!(sorry for my bad english)
I bought a digipack version of Burzum-Filosofem and i've fear it is a bootleg.
These are matrix code and IFPI code indicated on discogs for original version:
MATRIX CODE:DADC A0100181635-0101 24 A6
Those of my version:
MATRIX CODE:DADC A0100181635-0101 24 A1
They are almost the same,just change A6 with A1 on matrix code!
So,my version can be a bootleg?
Thanks!

"Ax" = date/run code. "A1" it's an "earlier" pressing than "A6". This code does not make it to a bootleg.

Thanks!Im quiet now

onthedunes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 am 

Does it look like "thetuneofUK" is selling as "heavy_metal_haven"?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main/ref ... TM2ZEHP5Y4

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 am 

Was there ever a repress of Razor's Shotgun Justice done mid 1990s distributed by Hellion Records? Matrix FZZ 2 177 FPD 3094. Or is it a Boot.

Here is a conversation between the seller and me

Me : "Hello, i see that you are from Russia, but selling cd out of Arizona?
was wondering about full Matrix, is it like this,with complex CD matrix, which includes engraved complex simbols (in English and in French), which printed backward + barcode lines etc. Let me know and thank you"

Me : "The last question was a little vague,her is a better one
Does the matrix have this in it, 708/ FDP3094 DISQUE AMERIC CANADA also with barcode symbols?"

Seller : "Hi Yes, I have two addresses. I live in Russia now
Also I have USA brother and use his address for Ebay sometimes
I collect CDs over 20 years
Sorry, why you ask me after end of auction?
In description of auction you can see that CD is 2nd edition.
RAZOR "Shotgun Justice" Megarare 2nd press cd released on Fringe in 90's,14 tracks(FDP3094),made in Canada.
Legendary canadian thrash metal....This is a reissue that came in 90's which was sold by Hellion records.
Matrix code is: FZZ 2 177 FPD 3094 No Ifpi code! and No barcode. Price for 1st press usually 400-600$
I think is insane becouse digital data fully compared to 1st press. Plays very fine."

Me : "Hmmm smells like a Russian Bootleg now, i thought you were from the United States and this maybe a real deal. But after researching that Matrix, it appears to be a bootleg. Yes i should have done my research better and actually looked at your feedback, where it says from Russian Federation, NOT Arizona. Shotgun Justice was never officially reissued. Some record companies that sell on line like shadow kingdom have this boot version for 16 $. "

Seller : "Hi This is not a russian boot. I think reissue of this title exist. I'm 100 percent good Ebayer. Ebay automaticaly change my address to Usa location after recent purchase for My brother at Phoenix Arizona. 70-80$ is real price for repress. Again, this is not Russian boot. I have these boots too for my Suv car listening. Matrix is different. 1st press that are you talking about costs 300-500$ really!
I can buy it from you for 200$ right now.
Please make your decide or I can cancel this purchase
Let me know"

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am 

cd-maximum, irond, ooho etc aren't bootlegs just russian licensed, maybe that's what it is.
that would annoy me too though, he should tell his brother to get his own account, naturally you'll tell ebay :nono:

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 am 

Well he specifically said made in Canada. I am also just going on what i have saw around the net and most people and sites tend to agree that this cd was never reissued or repressed in 90s. But i am 100% not sure hahahaha. Ohhh yeah the dilemma i have to do or not to do :)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:32 am 

http://www.discogs.com/label/Americ+Disc

you may find the info on this page interesting, or disturbing, take your pick

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:50 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Disturbing yes hahaha I miss good Kiwi humor.

Cheers

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:15 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Please take into consideration that a lot of the albums listed there are from major metal labels, Metal Blade and Relapse for instance, so use the information on that page wisely you guys! ;)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm 

CHONGeYeD wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:

Cheers

are you one of us? :beer:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm 

androdion wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:

Please take into consideration that a lot of the albums listed there are from major metal labels, Metal Blade and Relapse for instance, so use the information on that page wisely you guys! ;)

for sure! apparently the RIAA website has more info.

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:13 pm 

Cheers[/quote]
are you one of us? :beer:[/quote]

Sorta, i am officially a NZ citizen as well as Canadian, my wife is from Christchurch and we lived down in Christchurch from 1989 to 1993. Damn, my mates would bug the piss out of me in the pub for my beer choice, Reineck (reminded me of canadain beer hahahaha) they all drank DB and Lion Red so on. Damn i loved how i could go and fill a 2 litre bottle of beer (rigger) up at Liquorland. Brilliant. Had a great time and lots of friends in NZ.

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:07 pm 

CHONGeYeD wrote:
Was there ever a repress of Razor's Shotgun Justice done mid 1990s distributed by Hellion Records? Matrix FZZ 2 177 FPD 3094. Or is it a Boot.

Here is a conversation between the seller and me

Me : "Hello, i see that you are from Russia, but selling cd out of Arizona?
was wondering about full Matrix, is it like this,with complex CD matrix, which includes engraved complex simbols (in English and in French), which printed backward + barcode lines etc. Let me know and thank you"

Me : "The last question was a little vague,her is a better one
Does the matrix have this in it, 708/ FDP3094 DISQUE AMERIC CANADA also with barcode symbols?"

Seller : "Hi Yes, I have two addresses. I live in Russia now
Also I have USA brother and use his address for Ebay sometimes
I collect CDs over 20 years
Sorry, why you ask me after end of auction?
In description of auction you can see that CD is 2nd edition.
RAZOR "Shotgun Justice" Megarare 2nd press cd released on Fringe in 90's,14 tracks(FDP3094),made in Canada.
Legendary canadian thrash metal....This is a reissue that came in 90's which was sold by Hellion records.
Matrix code is: FZZ 2 177 FPD 3094 No Ifpi code! and No barcode. Price for 1st press usually 400-600$
I think is insane becouse digital data fully compared to 1st press. Plays very fine."

Me : "Hmmm smells like a Russian Bootleg now, i thought you were from the United States and this maybe a real deal. But after researching that Matrix, it appears to be a bootleg. Yes i should have done my research better and actually looked at your feedback, where it says from Russian Federation, NOT Arizona. Shotgun Justice was never officially reissued. Some record companies that sell on line like shadow kingdom have this boot version for 16 $. "

Seller : "Hi This is not a russian boot. I think reissue of this title exist. I'm 100 percent good Ebayer. Ebay automaticaly change my address to Usa location after recent purchase for My brother at Phoenix Arizona. 70-80$ is real price for repress. Again, this is not Russian boot. I have these boots too for my Suv car listening. Matrix is different. 1st press that are you talking about costs 300-500$ really!
I can buy it from you for 200$ right now.
Please make your decide or I can cancel this purchase
Let me know"

So what do you people figure, is the Razor-Shotgun Justice a reissue, repress or Russian boot?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:45 am 

I'd say boot. When it comes to anything related to thrash, even though it isn't like End Amen for instance, you just can't be too cautious. But then again someone else might have a better saying in this than me.

carnival_corpse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:44 pm 

Great thread!!! Just a few comments/questions:

On the IFPI discussion, I recently started cataloging my CD collection using CATtrax. I have logged 390 CD's so far and in every one of them I entered the matrix info. Did a quick search and found the ollowing CD's pre 1994 with IFPI codes:

Anthrax Among the Living - Matrix : DIDX-001652 4 * ** ***** IFPI 5064 (Im pretty sure this is a reissue, but not sure what year it is)

Death Angel Act III - Matrix: MFG by UNT 2-24280 A60408Sc IFPI 1771 (Not sure what year this is)

Death Angel The Ultra Violence - Matrix: 72548 IFPI L125 :MASTERED: :BY NIMBUS: IFPI L125
and another version with matrix: WEA Mfg Olyphant Z17787 A4 P2 772548-2 01 M1S3 C1 IFPI 2U4C

Does any one knows if any of the CD's listed above have any versions without IFPI codes? And can you please list the matrix number?

Also, I have Coroner's Mental Vortex with matrix: DIDX-012116 1 *** *****, no IFPI code. This apparently was prressed in 1991 under catalog N2 4836. Can anyone please confirm?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:06 pm 

they may not necessarily be reissues, represses are common enough.
a repress is like an exact copy [or replica] of the original, but it was made at a later date using the same master stamper.
if it has an ifpi sid code it just means it was manufactured sometime in or after 1994

eg album comes out in 1987 and all copies are sold, they repress it in 1997 due to demand [not reissue] and sell all those copies
then they reissue it in 2007 = original first pressing, represses and reissues will be 3 separate entries in your database of choice, quite often with the same catalogue number but with almost certainly different matrices.

fascinating stuff indeed

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:28 pm 

The three albums you list were released in 1987 and 1990 so their first presses are without IPFI codes. The Ultra-Violence has a couple of pre-1994 editions if memory serves, I don't know about the rest. One is on Restless and the other on Enigma. Actually according to RYM there's also a Japanese edition dating from 1990 so you're bound to find three different editions without IPFI plus the two reissues.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 am 

the force is strong with this one :nods:

WorldDecay
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 am 

Anyone knows details/further info regarding the two Satyricons sold as:

Nemesis Divina + Ten Horns, Ten Diadems
Shadowthrone + Megiddo

A quick google search seemed to point them as bootlegs.

If they indeed are boots, are there any versions of ND and Shadowthrone left out there, or are they both OOP?

On an unrelated note, for Gorgoroth's (Antichrist/Pentagram/UTSOH), is the regain or SOM reissue better, especially in terms of sound?
Read in the 'Good/bad remaster' thread awhile back that the Gorgoroth reissues have clipping problems.
(not sure if this is the right thread to ask this though)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 am 

Don't know about them being boots or not, but on accounts of availability I can say that both Nemesis Divina and The Shadowthrone can be found online relatively easy. Can't say anything about the Gorgoroth remasters as well.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 pm 

speaking of clipping and 'loudness' i played my abscess 'seminal vampires and maggotmen' [original] cd the other day among some newer stuff, fuck it's loud!

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:09 am 

WorldDecay wrote:
Anyone knows details/further info regarding the two Satyricons sold as:

Nemesis Divina + Ten Horns, Ten Diadems
Shadowthrone + Megiddo

A quick google search seemed to point them as bootlegs.

If they indeed are boots, are there any versions of ND and Shadowthrone left out there, or are they both OOP?

On an unrelated note, for Gorgoroth's (Antichrist/Pentagram/UTSOH), is the regain or SOM reissue better, especially in terms of sound?
Read in the 'Good/bad remaster' thread awhile back that the Gorgoroth reissues have clipping problems.
(not sure if this is the right thread to ask this though)

The two on one releases for any Moonfog titles are Russian bootlegs. I have the bootleg Burzum 2-on-1 ones myself (alongside the originals, of course!). Both albums are still in print (distributed by Plastichead), but as androdion said, you can get them just about anywhere 2nd hand pretty easily.

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm 

some RE-PRESS or REISSUE cds have a very small and Invisible IFPI code on circle of cd not on a matrix number, we must check it cds more carefully.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 pm 

So, I picked up this kreator CD. Since it's not really a very collectable CD in general, and I didn't pay much, not sure it really matters. I'm just curious. It's a brazilian pressing, apparently. It doesn't show up on discogs or anything when I checked the matrix code and catalog number. I assume it's simply a bootleg, but it's weird because I doubt any other kreator CDs have brazilian and american text on the back. Even the copyright information on the top of the CD is in brazilian and american.

Matrix code: NOVADISC BR 221582 718/05
IFPI LG81
Catalog: Century media 22158-2

So, I have no idea.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 pm 

there's plenty of legitimately pressed brazillian stuff out there, perhaps add it to the discogs database
i have this http://www.discogs.com/Funerus-Festering-Earth/release/3745783
and this http://www.discogs.com/Incantation-Blasphemy-In-Brazil-Tour-2001/release/666530
it must be cheap to get cds made down there?

http://www.novodisc.com.br/ =/= http://www.discogs.com/label/Novodisc+BR
different spelling... interesting

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:

Where? Do you mean the lower case vs upper case or the BR vs Brasil thing?

There are a lot of South American presses circling around the world and most of them, as the legitimate Russian ones, are duly licensed.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:43 pm 

NOVADISC vs NOVODISC :scratch:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
NOVADISC vs NOVODISC :scratch:

:durr:

Yeah, that. Might be nothing since in Portuguese "novo" and "nova" both mean "new", only one is the male form and the other the female. So as I say it might be nothing.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm 

Good going guys. You invoked my lazy ass into rising from it's resting place and embarking on a perilous journey to 3 feet away to grab the CD and look at the matrix code again. So close yet far, ya know?

Yes, I confirm it does say NOVO, not NOVA. I stand corrected.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:25 pm 

All is well then! :p

uuubjuuu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:40 am 

Daemonlord wrote:
Jiikky wrote:

Greece is definitely being overtaken by Russia/Baltic States for the bootleg capital of the world!

actually Baltic states have nothing common with this at all. Being shithead and accusing everyone without reason ins't the best

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 65  Next