Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 pm 

I tried to pm a moderator but my message never sent and landed in the outbox, I understand the reason for this. I totally mean well and I'm not trying to be bothersome, so I hope I don't come off as such. I was hoping to get some suggestions from you guys because I can't seem to word my Recommendation post in such a way that it doesn't get locked. Threads that are "too broad" get locked all the time, so I tried to do this in a way would limit the boradness by listing specific's and a few bands along the lines of what I'm asking for. If there is any way around it I would be HIGHLY appreciative, since I got one GREAT post out of it before it was locked (Lykathia Aflame!) =)

Thread title was
"Spiritual but different/strange" and my OP was
"Lately I've been listening to music with a spiritual message that is different or strange. Mainly Om, Current 93 and Backworld. I'm looking for ANY genre really, and I don't mind if the music has one instrument or ten, just anything that is different. So I'm not really looking for recommendation's of generic death or black metal bands simply because the lyric content deals with spirituality. Any religion is fine too, just nothing satanic at all. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Hmm. Would "Spiritual themed lyrics/non generic music" be a better thread title? I really don't know haha. Thanks in advance!

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:33 pm 

If it's in the outbox, the recipent just hasn't read the message yet.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 pm 

Yeah, you seem to misunderstand the situation. Your message wasn't blocked or anything. If the mod you sent it to (or any user for that matter) hasn't been online until now, it stays in the outbox until he or she logs in and opens it. It is then automatically moved to "sent messages".

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm 

Contrary to popular belief, Metantoine doesn't check his inbox while he's sleeping.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:55 pm 

So there are other people here who go and check their inbox while asleep?

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:49 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Yeah, you seem to misunderstand the situation. Your message wasn't blocked or anything. If the mod you sent it to (or any user for that matter) hasn't been online until now, it stays in the outbox until he or she logs in and opens it. It is then automatically moved to "sent messages".

You're right, I wasn't aware it worked that way. I thought it would go in sent messages after it sent haha. Anyway, people can be foolish so I assumed it was due to past harassment issues or some other nonsense. Thanks for clearing that up for me. =)

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 pm 

When I woke up that day (yes, I do sleep), I checked my PMs and I had 2 new ones from you, Grimbeard, but they were already deleted. I always reply to my messages, don't worry. I thought it was some hatemails and I didn't bother sending you a message.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
When I woke up that day (yes, I do sleep), I checked my PMs and I had 2 new ones from you, Grimbeard, but they were already deleted. I always reply to my messages, don't worry. I thought it was some hatemails and I didn't bother sending you a message.

Oh no, never any hate on my end at all! I deleted them because I thought they didn't go through since they landed in my outbox instead of sent messages. I had no clue how the pm system worked on here. Anyway, I'm less ignorant than I was a few days ago about messaging haha. I basically put the message(s) in the OP here. The second one was me rewording my locked post differently to see if it would pass. I apologize about the confusion! =)

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am 

I tried sending CircleOvZaphyan a message about 3 months ago but he still hasn't checked it. Did he get banned from the forums or just disappear off?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:33 am 

He's not banned, although he made some pretty retarded posts in the past. I think it's another account of a known troublemaker, but his name escapes me at the moment.

Reply to topic