Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 am 

After catching interviews with Tas from Electric Wizard basically shouting from the hills that any heavy metal made after 1987 sucks, and metal songs that aren't about Satan suck, and that his new project, Satan's Wrath, have an album due out via Metal Blade that is trashy, loud, packed with riffs, and all about our favourite horned one, I naturally had to go and pick it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZchjJPgZw

Thoughts?

I'm paraphrasing, but I adored the comments he made regarding Satanism in metal, along the lines of 'Gnosticism, paganism, shamanism, philosophy? You fucking wimp. Real Satanism is getting drunk and listening to Venom!'

adrenalin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 pm 

Satan's Wrath: Galloping Blasphemy

Over the top image, great riffs, killer vocals and a "fuck you" attitude = Great 80's style satanic heavy metal!! (Goat head on a spear, spikes, leather, bullet belt and other accessories sold separately)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:14 pm 

that's pretty cool, the riff starting at about 48 seconds sounded a bit like a certain sacred reich riff to me

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:40 pm 

Wow, another shit retro act. If heavy metal sucks after 87, maybe he should try to invent something better, than just making another Retro band.

toxikwalts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 am 

I was reading the same interview, I think(Decibel?) and found it kind of a turn-off, really. Makes it sounds like it's all a big joke to him. That being said, the above clip sounds cool and may merit further investigation.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am 

I've always failed to understand a correlation between imagery/lyrical content and music. I'll check this out when I get back home.

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 pm 

I bought this album a couple weeks ago in FYE...I had never heard of the band and just went off the album cover. I must admit that I really like it!! Sounds like a mixture of death metal such as Possessed or old Death, with black metal like Darkthrone and Mercyful Fate. The song "Hail Tritone, Hail Lucifer" is one of my favorites from this album.

Messiah_X
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 pm 

693 wrote:
Wow, another shit retro act. If heavy metal sucks after 87, maybe he should try to invent something better, than just making another Retro band.

This. There are tons of retro, throwback heavy metal bands. A few of them are good. Many of them suck. Saying everything after 87 sucks and then starting a new heavy metal band just makes you sound like a douche. Oh, and there was tons of good metal after 87, including traditional metal

Thrasher4life
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:17 am 

Just wondering but everyone who's saying this sucks because it wasn't made before '87 have you actually given it a listen? Granted its not mindblowing but its a damm sight better than most of the crap out there today.

Reply to topic