* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:41 am 

Hi,
I'm not sure how to do this but...
I was reading the lyrics of Epitome XV from (2012) Blut aus Nord - 777 - Cosmosophy:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Bl ... 63#2408663

And tried to make a shitty translation using the Google Translator.

I think it would be great if we could get the lyrics from each album and translate and discuss them neatly.
What do you think about this and how could we arrange it?
Thanks.

Edit: I'm trying to make an index of translations:

Epitome XV from (2012) Blut aus Nord - 777 Cosmosophy:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Bl ... 63#2408663

Original:

Quote:
Dans un halo scintillant de feux défiants les raisons, la voûte magnifique d'un Temple noir se dessinait au-dessus des âmes. Dans le berceau de Dieu elles se laissaient renaître, pour contempler, sans rien garder, espérer ou attendre. Il ne restait rien de ces siécles qui pliaient les corps, éteignaient la vie, niaient l'existence pure et son Principe. Seul un écho profond répondait aux origines et les magnifiait à chaque nouvelle percêe du silence. Le temps ne martelait plus, rien n'avait été, rien ne serait plus jamais. Dans un halo de Ténèbres éclatantes, ils fusionnèrent avec le moment sublime, le Grand Mal que toute la vie attend. Ils virent leur œuvre improvisée s'effondrer puis l'oublièrent sereinement sans songer à la suivante. Ils sombrèrent dans l'éphémère suprême, alcôve délicieux, sanctuaire des immortels... ce qui fût n'est plus, ce qui sera n'est pas... et la chaos se tût.

Translation by Kingnuuuur:

kingnuuuur wrote:
In a scintillating halo of fires defying reason, the vault of a black Temple loomed above the souls. In the cradle of God they let themselves to be reborn, to contemplate, without keeping anything, hoping or waiting. Nothing remained of these centuries which folded the bodies, extinguished life, denied the pure existence and its Principle. Only a deep echo answered the origins and magnified them at every break of the silence. Time had stopped beating, nothing ever was, nothing would ever be. In a halo of lurid Darkness, they merged with the sublime moment, the Great Evil that all life is waiting for. They saw their improvised work collapse, then forgot it serenely, without wondering of the next one. They foundered in the supreme ephemeral, delightful alcove, sanctuary of the deathless... What was is no more, what will be is not... and the chaos subsided.

Thanks!

Last edited by BasqueStorm on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:43 am 

Lyrics... from each album? What lyrics?

Also, I don't know any French, but if I did, I'd be all on this right now.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
Lyrics... from each album? What lyrics?
Also, I don't know any French, but if I did, I'd be all on this right now.

Yeah, lyrics from each album.
I mean, translate (if necessary) and discuss about them.
P.S: I don't know french either.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:24 am 

...but BAN have never published lyrics, except on Fathers of the Icy Age, and those are in English already. So I don't understand what translation there is to be done.

Unless you plan to decipher them, which is going to be rather difficult, to say the least, and ultimately pointless in the end.

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am 

Well, at least Epitome XVII seems to have English lyrics, too. Maybe these could be identified and posted...

But yeah, most of the stuff won't be recognizable, no matter how expertized you are in deciphering extreme metal vocals.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 pm 

triggerhappy wrote:
...but BAN have never published lyrics, except on Fathers of the Icy Age, and those are in English already. So I don't understand what translation there is to be done.
Unless you plan to decipher them, which is going to be rather difficult, to say the least, and ultimately pointless in the end.

Let's see.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blut_aus_Nord/2371

-French Lyrics: Ultima Thulée, 777 - Sect(s) and 777 - Cosmosophy.

-English Lyrics: Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age.

-No Lyrics: The Mystical Beast of Rebellion, The Work Which Transforms God, Decorporation..., Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity, MoRT, Odinist - The Destruction of Reason by Illumination, Dissociated Human Junction, Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars, What Once Was... Liber I, 777 - The Desanctification, and What Once Was... Liber II.

Ok, I see your point. Never realized about that.
I was trying justo to translate the french lyrics and discuss them.
Thanks.

CoF wrote:
Well, at least Epitome XVII seems to have English lyrics, too. Maybe these could be identified and posted...
But yeah, most of the stuff won't be recognizable, no matter how expertized you are in deciphering extreme metal vocals.

English is not my native language but I can get something from 777 - Cosmosophy. I was thinking someone could understand the lyrics.
Thanks.

Last edited by BasqueStorm on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:16 pm 

To be fair, My Prayer to Ginnungagap doesn't exactly have lyrics since it's just a wordless chant. And the song off the new album is more like a spoken word passage more than anything. But translations for those would be indeed nice. A little insight here and there couldn't hurt.

Side note: I swear I heard something like "you gave me" on XIV. But I don't know, even the cleans are distorted to hell lol.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:49 pm 

There do seem to be a few sections of French lyrics on The Eye's Supremacy (sections of vocals not transcribed in the lyric sheets), so I wouldn't be surprised if BAN included some French passages along with the mostly English lyrics as well. Then again, The Eye seemed to be more overtly focused on "Normanness" than BAN, which might have afforded a more fitting forum for French vocals.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:59 pm 

Here's a crude translation of the lyrics for Epitome XV:

In a scintillating halo of fires defying reason, the vault of a black Temple loomed above the souls. In the cradle of God they let themselves to be reborn, to contemplate, without keeping anything, hoping or waiting. Nothing remained of these centuries which folded the bodies, extinguished life, denied the pure existence and its Principle. Only a deep echo answered the origins and magnified them at every break of the silence. Time had stopped beating, nothing ever was, nothing would ever be. In a halo of lurid Darkness, they merged with the sublime moment, the Great Evil that all life is waiting for. They saw their improvised work collapse, then forgot it serenely, without wondering of the next one. They foundered in the supreme ephemeral, delightful alcove, sanctuary of the deathless... What was is no more, what will be is not... and the chaos subsided.

Oh, and listen to this while you're reading it.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:48 pm 

Damn, those guys should publish lyrics, those are prety badass.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 pm 

Good translation! I'm downloading the album, I'll see if I can decipher these lyrics in the song.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:

Heh, thought they'd be goofy to you. But yeah those lyrics are a rather interesting read.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:47 am 

Ha what can I say I'm a sucker for overimportant dominating meaningless bullshit. Its actually pretty much full of the shit I hate about Lovecraft (saying directly contradictory things over and over makes things other worldly!) but it isn't padded to hell with over indulgent adjectives.

It is totally goofy though, I agree, this tribe of timeless magical evil priests is utterly laughable if taken seriously, I just find it fun.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 pm 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Here's a crude translation of the lyrics for Epitome XV:

Metantoine wrote:
Good translation! I'm downloading the album, I'll see if I can decipher these lyrics in the song.

Thank you VERY much! I'll try to make an index in the first post.

I suppose the clean vocals in (2012) Blut aus Nord - 777 - Cosmosophy will be quite easy for english talking people.
I'm listening to Epitome XVII and can understand something: "How many seassons...", "How many dreams...",...
P.S: And I just saw the (2011) Blut Aus Nord - 777 Sect(s) french "lyrics" (psalms?) too.

lord_ghengis wrote:

They should and they are.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:57 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
I suppose the clean vocals in (2012) Blut aus Nord - 777 - Cosmosophy will be quite easy for english talking people.
I'm listening to Epitome XVII and can understand something: "How many seassons...", "How many dreams...",...

Yeah I heard those lines too. Maybe I'll give it another spin later and try deciphering the lyrics while I'm at it.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
Yeah I heard those lines too. Maybe I'll give it another spin later and try deciphering the lyrics while I'm at it.

Ok, thank you very much!

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:41 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
P.S: And I just saw the (2011) Blut Aus Nord - 777 Sect(s) french "lyrics" (psalms?) too.

Not psalms. More like scribblings by a screwball. I'll look into translating them as well.

By the way, should we have a thread for unofficial lyrics? Like ones you can pick out by ear, but aren't officially published?

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:

I feel just the same and just the opposite. Whenever they're found or calculatedly released, it's like finding a gem. A fragment or artifact from another planet of the mind. I don't know if I'd like them as much if they were all released. The mystic will keep his secrets after all.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 pm 

Ah well I find his arrogant artfaggy mysteriousness quite ridiculous and funny, so I have nothing invested in the mystique.

frozenghost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm 

In Odinist track at 2:34 I heard something like: "I will be your death now" and then the riff start killing.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Ah well I find his arrogant artfaggy mysteriousness quite ridiculous and funny, so I have nothing invested in the mystique.

Man you're such a party pooper. :(

EDIT: All I heard in XVII was "How many seasons beyond this hidden life? How many treasons beyond this gravelled line?". Sounds weird I know, but I blame it on Vindsval's French accent. XIV was a bit harder, I'll get around to it some other time.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:05 pm 

triggerhappy wrote:
All I heard in XVII was "How many seasons beyond this hidden life? How many treasons beyond this gravelled line?". Sounds weird I know, but I blame it on Vindsval's French accent. XIV was a bit harder, I'll get around to it some other time.

frozenghost wrote:
In Odinist track at 2:34 I heard something like: "I will be your death now" and then the riff start killing.

kingnuuuur wrote:
Not psalms. More like scribblings by a screwball. I'll look into translating them as well.
By the way, should we have a thread for unofficial lyrics? Like ones you can pick out by ear, but aren't officially published?

Thanks!
Yeah, why not? I just saw another thread of people asking for (1989) Entombed - Left Hand Path's unpublished lyrics:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93376

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:34 am 

Wasn't LHP that album where the vocalist recorded his vocals all impromptu? You know, without lyrics prepared.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
Wasn't LHP that album where the vocalist recorded his vocals all impromptu? You know, without lyrics prepared.

I don't know but you could discuss this on its thread to try to clarify this point:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93376

avishv
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 am 

As far as i am getting for Epitome XVII lyrics ought to be
Quote:
how many seasons beyond this sacred life? how many treasons beyond this clever lie?

Misnomer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:13 am 

I spent a bit of time translating the 777 trilogy. The original passages come from the three albums and are translated from French. The Buddhist quotes are verses from the Dhammapada and are translated from Pali. If anyone discovers any mistakes, please let me know.

Quote:
Sect(s)
Nothing could precede the echo of God, the Great Evil that lurks ahead of time.

A source that preserves its light, far from the life apart from life, a supreme abstraction which leaves dogmas of time to create its own illusion, creating its legend and its enemy.

The accession, lust and devotion as the only rules of non-existence.

The glory of the fathers of man, the forgers who inject the blood of saints.

The origins are multiple, they proliferate and scatter seconds on their journey, the seconds of terror and doubt which accompany these deaths up to the gates of nothingness.

They would die under the weight of centuries. In the redemption, they would die pleading, leaving a final pardon to escape and then resonate in the confusion of time without even understanding the sin.

Quote:
The Desanctification
"What is laughter, what is joy, when the world is ever burning? Shrouded by darkness, would you not seek the light?" - Buddha

"Behold this beautiful body, a mass of sores, a heaped-up lump, diseased, much thought of, in which nothing lasts, nothing persists." - Buddha

"Of bones is this city made, plastered with flesh and blood. Herein, are stored decay, death, deceit, and detraction." - Buddha

"Thoroughly worn out is this body, a nest of diseases, perishable. This putrid mass breaks up. Truly, life ends in death." - Buddha

Then they deny, allow the sin. They are bathed in the memory of the shadow. Believing they have ripped away freedom, they are torn apart in the streaming rostrums of the martyr. Each stone was removed from the ashes of the world. The idols were draped in forgotten blasphemies. It was sacred from the demented who were alone in the light and remain alone in the darkness.
Amna

Quote:
Cosmosophy
"Few among men reach the other shore,
All the others run up and down along this shore." - Buddha

In a halo of scintillating lights defying reason, the magnificent vault of a black Temple looms over souls.

In the cradle of God they were reborn, to contemplate, with nothing to keep, hope or expect.

There was nothing left of these centuries that bent the body, extinguished life, denied pure existence and its Principle. Only a deep echo responded to the origins and each new magnification had an opening of silence.

Time hammered incessantly on, nothing had been, nothing would ever be. Its architecture of monumental fantasies collapsed on itself. In a halo of brilliant Darkness, they merged with the sublime moment, the Great Evil that all life awaits. They saw their improvised work collapse and then serenely forgot without thinking about what follows. They sank into the supreme ephemeral, delicious alcove, sanctuary of the immortals...

What was is no longer, what will be is not...
AND THE CHAOS SUBSIDED.

Such is the fate of the mortal piercing infinity.

As far as the lyrics for Epitome XVII are concerned, I think both triggerhappy and avishv have it, as I'm hearing "How many seasons beyond this hidden life? How many treasons beyond this clever lie?"

Let's keep going. There's plenty of work to do.

Last edited by Misnomer on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 pm 

avishv wrote:
As far as i am getting for Epitome XVII lyrics ought to be
Quote:
how many seasons beyond this sacred life? how many treasons beyond this clever lie?

Misnomer wrote:
I spent a bit of time translating the 777 trilogy.
Let's keep going. There's plenty of work to do.

Great posts and work, guys!
Thanks!

Misnomer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:32 pm 

Epitome XVI -
_____________ the world go floating by
We don't run from time when there's no need to die
Lost in them who reads the ancient lies
From the silence, from these ________ will _______

Reply to topic