Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:58 am 

Death_Welder wrote:
Metal fans are stubborn creatures. Fans of the Barnes albums will always revert to "I only like the first 4 albums. Those were different." Really? Cause it's the same musicians. So Alex Webster made 4 flawless albums in a row, but then dropped the ball for the following 8? Those odds are astronomical

Really? 'Cause I can name a bunch of long-running bands who were good early on and sucked later (and longer). Anybody who likes their extreme metal a bit primitive and scary-sounding is probably going to be turned off by the way so many bands choose to "mature." Cannibal Corpse sounds markedly different today than they did circa "Tomb" or "Butchered": more technical, tighter, more cleanly produced, less monstrous vocals, etc. Same musicians or not, they're not really the same band.

Dark Descent Records

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
So now I have one free Cannibal Corpse shirt. I just hope that they don't catch on to what happened and I get to keep the damn things.

You have nothing to worry about. In the US if someone accidentally mails you the wrong order by law it is yours and they can't ask for it back or for payment. Lucky you!

tronics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:50 am 

Hammer Smashed Face EP. Was the first release of theirs I bought. I have literally forced some of my friends to listen to it. Fav full length is Gallery.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 am 

Arise212 wrote:
The Six Feet Under albums, especially the fist two are really slow to mid paced. Haunted and Warpath both have Allen West (from Obituary) on guitar, and the music sounds exactly like Obituary, just with Barnes on vocals instead of Tardy. After that they got Steve Swanson on guitar, and the music got much heavier and more brutal, but most of the songs are still slow to mid paced.

You would probably like the album "Maximum Violence" Chris Barnes vocals are still good there, and the music is really heavy. Check out the songs on that one, or check out the video for "The Day the Dead Walked" from another one of their albums, stupid video but the song kicks ass, and the vocals still aren't bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v52qaecMQOM

Did you like Torture Killer - Swarm?

skwid79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:09 am 

I'd say Tomb of The Mutilated or Eaten Back to life because of the lyrical content in both and the instrumentals of Eaten Back to Life, I'll commonly find I will have a riff from Scattered remains, splattered brains or Edible Autopsy stuck in my head.

ApparatusUnearth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 pm 

Either Bloodthirst or The Wretched Spawn.

MordStigmata
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:40 pm 

Tomb of The Mutilated or Butchered at Birth.The first two albums I heard. Both awesome.

opti
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:09 am 

Kill for my Corpsegrinder and Eaten Back to Life for Barnes. EBTL is a thrash monster and 'Shredded Humans' was the first CC song I ever heard and is easily still my favorite lyrics by the band. Kill has my favorite songs and the best flow, so it's a de facto rule that it gets high praise. I mean, "Submerged in Boiling Flesh" might be one of the grooviest death metal songs ever, for starters.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:06 am 

Definitely "Eaten back to life". Its some kind of absolutely brutal despite having a lot of memorable moments in the songs and this combination is pretty hard to achieve in my opinion. Lots of bands fail here.
Also the vocal style of Chris fits best to the music on this record. Havin this said, I think I didn't spin this album for at least 10 years due to buying so much new stuff but it ran permanently in my player when I bought it around 1993, so it is definitely time for another run ;-).
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

odinofasgard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:30 pm 

I've listened to Tomb of the Mutilated the most mainly because of Hammer Smashed Face, I Cum Blood, and Addicted to Vaginal Skin. However after hearing Torture it probably is my new favorite by them. There are so many headbanging/catchy riffs in there like As Deep as the Knife Will Go, easily my favorite in the album.

labananevolante
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:28 am 

The Bleeding

Because the riffs are just too good :p

Glentxa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:10 am 

I must say 'Torture' is one of the best I've heard and recently I've been blasting 'Tomb of the mutilated' quite a bit and it's really good fun.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:32 pm 

I was skimming through the albums and saw this for E.P.:
The album is banned in Germany Index Liste A since April 2010; this means it may not be sold to minors or performed live.

I thought the first three were lifted and I thought this was one of the tamer albums, as far as art/lyrics....

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:22 am 

Either Eaten Back To Life or The Bleeding. I remember buying Eaten Back To Life on tape at a pawn shop when I was around 12 or 13 (I also bought Fate: The Best of Death). I remember reading along to the lyrics and feeling like I was somewhere else. Like reading a book

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:57 am 

I also break the band into two separate eras due to the change of direction and vocalist.

Out of Barnes's era I always find The Bleeding a bit more often in rotation. There are more of the songs that are instantly recognizable. Just a good fun album, I enjoy the other 3 but this one I just like a tad more.

Out of the Fisher era I still enjoy Vile far more. Same thing about the songs being instantly recognizable, very nicely varied. I enjoy everything that came out but this one to me is still the most raw and lively of them all.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I also break the band into two separate eras due to the change of direction and vocalist.

Agreed. I do this too.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:03 pm 

The Wretched Spawn. I've just always really loved those chug and groove riffs they did in songs like Decency Defied and blunt force castration, I used to crank the hell out of that album everyday driving home from school.

tronics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:53 pm 

Anyone else catch the Sydney show last night? Farkin sick. Ol' Georgie boy sounded as good as I've heard him.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:00 am 

Tomb of the Mutilated. There isn't a song on that album that falls below amazing.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 am 

tronics wrote:
Anyone else catch the Sydney show last night? Farkin sick. Ol' Georgie boy sounded as good as I've heard him.

I was there. It was fantastic.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Orkblut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:07 am 

tronics wrote:

I was at the melbourne show on Friday, fucking killer set. 20 song setlist! Can't believe how hard Geroge still rocks out on stage, his neck will one day dominate the earth. Spewin on a few tracks that didnt get played, ie: Pounded into dust, Spine splitter, Dead Human Collection, sentenced to burn, Devoured by Vermin, skull full of maggots but ya cant have everything! And i guess we've seen most of those played on the previous Aussie tours.

Back on topic, favourite album would be Bloodthirst, just can't go past a few of the tracks on that.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 am 

I would have to say tomb. So heavy so many headbanging rhythms, Chris's vocals are really heavy, and the lyrics where to most disgusting, I never got into corpsegrinders vocals with the exception of imperial doom

SingLoco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:28 pm 

Torture is my favourite because it's the best they've done in years I think in terms of writing.. and the production on it kills. The Wretched Spawn is pretty close though, the guitar tone is one of the best I've ever heard. Neil Kernon did a really good job with that record.

ApparatusUnearth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:44 pm 

Bloodthirst or The Wretched Spawn. Both just consistently have brutal, killer songs.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3