Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 pm 

@ Subrick, that's pretty cool. From the band website, It looks like Sorrowseed will be back doing shows in New England in October. If so I hope I can make one of the shows.

In other news, I just bought a book on electronics etc. and have decided to move forward with my DIY pickup project because it is going to be easier for me than building a distortion pedal at this point. Composition wise, I keep writing riffs but can't seem to string together a coherent song lately. Sometimes it feels easier to make a whole song when I have it written out on paper or in powertab. Maybe I am more of a visual person when it comes to writing music? When I have all the riffs down in front of me it feels easier to just look at them and think "too repetitive" or "this doesn't mesh" while I can more readily identify the overall mood changes and energy levels I am going for. When I just sit and play lately its ending up more like black metal riff, doom riff, reggae riff, thrash riff.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:40 pm 

Apteronotus wrote:
@ Subrick, that's pretty cool. From the band website, It looks like Sorrowseed will be back doing shows in New England in October. If so I hope I can make one of the shows.

We're playing at Cha Cha's in Coney Island next Saturday actually. After that we've got a whole bunch of shows throughout the rest of the year in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, and potentially Connecticut. Plus on Thursday the 6th the Ocean Scorn music video is being unveiled. It was filmed in Iceland and Cape Cod last year.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:55 pm 

Porman wrote:
That should keep you occupied for a couple of hours :D

By the way, new Phidion EP is out as of now!
It comes on cd-format in a colour single sleeve.

50 SEK (or whatever that is in EURO) excluding shipping. I have only one song on Bandcamp, since this is strictly a physical release only.
No mp3's!

haha awesome and I'll go probably order this evening as well. 50 sek is like what... 2 bucks? lol.

And I'm still undecided on a name. I thought about it all day while working I figured I might narrow it down somehow so I could start on a logo this evening... bastardly. And I have an outdoor art show tmwr. i hope to make a few bills from that but I don't expect too much so I'm not going to bring everything I have to sell.

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:09 pm 

Call it "Bastard"

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:25 pm 

There is already a grind band called Bastards. too close for me.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:29 am 

I just got a guitar player signed on, now let's just hope the potential drummer comes through otherwise I'm fucked for a little bit.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:40 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
haha awesome and I'll go probably order this evening as well. 50 sek is like what... 2 bucks? lol.

I'm sorry to say that it's 7,50. The production cost was quite ok. It was the damn VAT that killed me...

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:06 am 

haha I wasn't being serious about the price I figured it was actually more along what you say it is. No need to explain!

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:41 am 

Today I hate musicians bitching about logistics of gigs that are not local.

Although my doom band got a rather good review, which is nice. http://winewomenandasongortwo.blogspot. ... ch-of.html

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 am 

Damn! Contacted an old acquaintance yesterday and he sent me a lost track. Back in 1999 we recorded two songs for a band called Plague Divine, as an Audio assignment, that the bass player had for his engineering education.

The first day, we recorded he didn't have his own ADAT's with him so we recorded it on a class mate of his. This song was since then partially lost and I only heard it yesterday!

Here are both tracks that we did.

http://soundcloud.com/blacklightstudio- ... ue-divine/

PostMetalActivist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:33 pm 

I have been trying to steadily increase my skills so I can play bass for a couple friends of mine who play guitar. They've been doing small venues around town and are starting to actually accomplish something. Hopefully I can play well enough to be an asset to the group and bring a little bit of metal flavor to it.

Been learning as much music theory as possible, and every scale/arpeggio I can. I just wish I didn't have to teach my self every thing. I don't want to just be a 3rd guitarist with less strings, I want to actually add something meaningful to the music.

Also been practicing a lot of songs w/ Guitar Pro 6 when I get bored of studying theory.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:43 pm 

It rained very hard today, and we noticed that the window of our rehearsal space is leaking. :|

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:04 pm 

Had a practice with a different drummer last night and think we have a good fill-in guy on our hands. Other than that, we have two shows confirmed for next weekend and another that we're trying to set up for mid-October.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:59 pm 

Had two practices today - one with the doom band, one with the post metal band.

The doom band is going great, we're pretty sorted for our gig on Friday.

And in the post metal band we're thinking about making it work as a three piece. Finding members is proving quite difficult, so we're looking into sample pads and drones for extra layers. Which could be quite interesting.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:21 am 

Motherfuck! What is it with drummers? Now, the one we got in June quit to join a industrial/thrash-band instead....

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:39 pm 

They are a shitty bunch. Lol. At least when I played with a ton of bands I never quit any band. I just sacrificed more of my free time to get with them as well and jam out.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm 

Maybe it was for the better. I'm already in contact with a guy who lives just ten minutes away from me and he was interested in trying out.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 pm 

Hopefully he doesn't suck!

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 pm 

Yeah, we had one of those prior to the one who quit. Not in the band, but he auditioned and bragged that he handles blastbeats and d-beat.

My other guitarist was boiling red from anger during try out, and I was just trying not to burst into laughter. It was a comical sight, watching that guy playing the drums with arms flailing and barely being able to remember the songs he said he had learned. Add to that a bunch of excuses that the drums were setup too high and that he hadn't warmed up properly and Max (second guitarist) turning more and more annoyed with every word this guy said... I was ready too roll around the floor!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:14 pm 

hahaha that's gold.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:00 am 

The text I received afterwards I told him he should be more prepared the next time was gold! Haha.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:01 pm 

lol the guitar player I was talking to quit before the band even officially began. . . I guess it's back to the drawing board.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 pm 

Had the first gig with the folk metal band tonight, and it went really well. Next up is a gig on Friday with the folk metal band and the doom band, with me organising the whole thing as well. Fun.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 am 

Tomorrow I start recording on my second demo, hopefully this will get past the preliminary stages and actually get to the point I can release it into the world. One of the problems with my "writing" style is I get stuck on certain genre's/scene's and then I just sort of start writing music that parody's the current shit I'm digging. Which yes, sucks greatly, thankfully this time around I'm using all my influences so that shouldn't happen.

The Prophet Muhammad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 am 

Last edited by The Prophet Muhammad on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:11 pm 

I don't what the hell is going on actually. The bass player who we tried out on Sunday, prior to our drummer quitting to join another band with better touring opportunities, is an inch of being an official part of the band.

We will also try out another drummer next Saturday!

Things are moving quick here!

Last edited by Porman on Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wojgrom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 pm 

Putting some riffs together for the black metal project and trying to improve my drumming.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOE3OSujWH0

My band's first music video (my second overall) was released earlier today. It's for the song Ocean Scorn from The Extinction Prophecies.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:31 am 

Right now Ive got to active bm projects.
One is called HornZ Of Iscariot. Working on our demo. Waiting for the guitarist to send me the material so I can get it to the drummer. Shit I hate waiting.
Two is a band that actualy just became active as of a hour ago called Throne Of Iscariot {Yes I know. 2 bands with the name Iscariot in them} No im not a Judas Iscariot worshipper. Although I do enjoy JI much. Anyways demo song to be finished tomorrow or the next day.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 am 

HornZ of Iscariot is a piss-awful name. I recommend you style it merely "Horns".

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:46 am 

yea the capital Z really kills it for me. I would never listen to a band spelled like that

The Prophet Muhammad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am 

Definitely in agreement with those two ^. Also, seems kind of weird being in two bands with almost the exact same title. It could be that I have the memory of a potsmoker, but that would get real confusing, real fast.

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:58 am 

Sorry but I do this for me. Not for anyone else. If you like it then cool. If you dont then cool. Dosent bother me. And my bands mates helped picked the names from the list of possibles Id made. Just happens that they picked those and I agreed as well. I do agree about the z though. I just dont like the s. Horns looks worse to me then the Z. HornS? I dunno. Horn Of Iscariot?

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:46 pm 

Decided to go with Horn Of Iscariot. And if you guys need a logo check out Cazzuzu Creations. Run by Cazz Grant aka The Black Lourde of Graand Belials Key/Crucifier.

The Prophet Muhammad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 pm 

I thought he was the black lourde of crucifixion.

respect that you don't give a fuck that we don't like it. Also, Cazz has done some pretty fucking great work in the past. Have you heard that Masada demo?

The Prophet Muhammad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 pm 

bloodhornbloodfrost wrote:
Sorry but I do this for me. Not for anyone else. If you like it then cool. If you dont then cool. Dosent bother me. And my bands mates helped picked the names from the list of possibles Id made. Just happens that they picked those and I agreed as well. I do agree about the z though. I just dont like the s. Horns looks worse to me then the Z. HornS? I dunno. Horn Of Iscariot?

What about Grand Iscariot's Horn?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 pm 

Decided to go with Horn Of Iscariot. And if you guys need a logo check out Cazzuzu Creations. Run by Cazz Grant aka The Black Lourde of Graand Belials Key/Crucifier.

Excellent. this is much better glad you decided to. the Z was my only issue

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 pm 

Well that was a fucking awesome night.

Putting on a gig and playing with two different bands at said gig would usually be considered a silly idea. But, somehow I made it work. My folk metal band played well enough that even the local elitist bastards that hate everything had "nothing bad to say" about it, and the doom band played the best we ever have. The other bands were fucking excellent as well, the crowd turnout was great, and all the bands got paid a good amount. The gig went pretty much flawlessly as well.

Fucking yes.

The Prophet Muhammad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:39 pm 

img

Last edited by The Prophet Muhammad on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Excellent. this is much better glad you decided to. the Z was my only issue

The s just bothered me more then the z. I can live with Horn. I actualy was expecting something about being a Judas Iscariot dick rider or some shit. Love JI but not that much. Just love that name Iscariot.
But thanks man. Its nice to post about my project that I and my friends are working hard on with having to hear its not a real band cause we havent released anything yet. But thats blah blah on another forum.
Thanks again support the metal scene in general even if it isnt excatly your taste. -l-\;m;/\;m;/-l-

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 185  Next