Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm 

FutureBreedMachine wrote:
I'm not normally one for brutal death metal but this album is fantastic, uncompromising, grooving and heavier than a dark matter fueled aircraft carrier.
Dyscarnate - and so it came to pass

I'm really liking this. Doesn't even sound like brutal death to me. Sound more like Behemoth's Demigod.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:19 am 

The new Dying Fetus is pretty awesome, def a throwback to some of their groovier/catchier first couple records.

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:09 pm 

Let's see, I really like Gorgasm, I love the melodic/brutal death style they have. Stabwound Intercourse is my favourite of theirs. Really awesome stuff.

Heinous Killings' Hung With Barbwire is great too, really solid stuff, love the vocalist. The pre-namechange Clean Flesh is great too, already mentioned here I believe.

Dyscracia's ...Remnants is cool, another really original vocalist, pretty groovin' stuff.

Baphomet's The Dead Shall Inherit. Old school, slamming, and just brutal. Picked it up at a local Book Off, too! :D

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 pm 

Getting into Malignancy - Inhuman Grotesqueries (2007), which makes me really look forward to their new one Eugenics due out October 2012. Wish I knew about this band sooner. Great stuff.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:25 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Getting into Malignancy - Inhuman Grotesqueries (2007), which makes me really look forward to their new one Eugenics due out October 2012. Wish I knew about this band sooner. Great stuff.

In my opinion the early material like the first full length, EP, and demos are all far better.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 am 

Eugenics cover is sweet!

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:07 pm 

Has anyone picked up the new Epicardiectomy album? I've heard the teaser and I want more, badly.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:25 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Has anyone picked up the new Epicardiectomy album? I've heard the teaser and I want more, badly.

Listening to it right now... ;)

Edit: it's pretty good. Tries to be an awful lot like Kraanium's new one, though the production isn't as good overall.

Last edited by Misfit74 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:38 pm 

At the moment:

Absolutely intense wall-to-wall brutality. I should write a review for this thing.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:03 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:

Yes, its great too!

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:27 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:

Listening to it right now... ;)

Edit: it's pretty good. Tries to be an awful lot like Kraanium's new one, though the production isn't as good overall.

Well, maybe when you land on a split with people you start trying to be an awful lot like them! :P

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:33 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Well, maybe when you land on a split with people you start trying to be an awful lot like them! :P

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Glad the production is at least a step or two up from what it is on said split.

There's a handful of bands that are really defining how slam should be and it's great. This genre keeps getting stronger and I couldn't be happier. Though Epicardiectomy are similar to Kraanium they know how to do slam well and this might be another release that flies high after a few listens. There's a lot to like if you like slam.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:32 pm 

7 H.Target - Fast-Slow Demolition (2012) - the best you can find in Russia. They really can compete with Abominable Putridity :D

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 pm 

aeternus1990 wrote:

7 H.Target - Fast-Slow Demolition (2012) - the best you can find in Russia. They really can compete with Abominable Putridity :D

That's excellent, yes, and it seems we have a unanimous decision: this is the 3rd time that band and album have been posted in this thread. ;)

LeeKiing26
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:12 pm 

Holy FUCK me this 7 H Target is GOOD!!!!!

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 pm 

Disfigurement Of Flesh - Psychotonic Abnormal Dismemberment (2012)

Holy fuck. Right in my wheelhouse of Kraanium, Abominable Putridity, Abnormity, and Pathology's styles.

breeze kneeze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 pm 

breeze kneeze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 pm 

Kerber wrote:
Goratory - Orgasm Induced Diarrhea - Amputated Vein Records

Great production, great riffs, great songwriting. Just all around an amazing album.

that album cover gives me a boner O_o

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:27 pm 

breeze kneeze wrote:

this album is completely inferior to this one
the vocals are shit, the production is a bit shoddy, Chapters got everything right, my man. AJ Magana on vocals, stronger jazz influence, excellent production.
I think that when it comes down to production, this album gets it all right.
I think that if I was going to make a brutal death metal album, I'd probably go to whoever produced this one.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:43 pm 

Is any of this any good, or is it just a disgusting picture with the same old toilet vocals and droning guitar-work?

Sorry, but I think I've had my fill of this drudge. If there's something actually worth listening to then I'm all for it, but in my experience 99% of it is devoid of talent and inspiration.

breeze kneeze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:46 pm 

soul_schizm wrote:
Is any of this any good, or is it just a disgusting picture with the same old toilet vocals and droning guitar-work?

Sorry, but I think I've had my fill of this drudge. If there's something actually worth listening to then I'm all for it, but in my experience 99% of it is devoid of talent and inspiration.

Yes, it is. Some of the people here post stuff that I don't really care for either. Brutal death metal can be surprisingly nuanced. Why wouldn't you like your death metal a little more intense?

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:48 pm 

breeze kneeze wrote:
soul_schizm wrote:

Yes, it is. Some of the people here post stuff that I don't really care for either. Brutal death metal can be surprisingly nuanced. Why wouldn't you like your death metal a little more intense?

There's plenty of intensity to be found, but there's just so much garage band drivel with an X-rated picture put on it. Frankly, I don't have the time nor the inclination to delve into it.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:55 am 

soul_schizm wrote:
There's plenty of intensity to be found, but there's just so much garage band drivel with an X-rated picture put on it. Frankly, I don't have the time nor the inclination to delve into it.

Just wondering then, why the hell are you in this thread? :boo: :brick:

Michelle Massacre
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:54 pm 

[quote="Horus666"]Broken Hope - Bowels of Repugnance - 1993 - Metal Blade

I second it!

-Morla, from "The Neverending Story"

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 pm 

So, are there any good new brutal death metal albums that aren't slam? Which, don't get me wrong, I enjoy, but I doubt anything this year is going to dethrone 7H.Target as the best slam release of the year, as well as Kraanium which is basically my dumb fun slam album for this year.

I know Malignancy's coming out in October... but that's all I got off the top of my head.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:25 pm 

GravityLapse wrote:
So, are there any good new brutal death metal albums that aren't slam? Which, don't get me wrong, I enjoy, but I doubt anything this year is going to dethrone 7H.Target as the best slam release of the year, as well as Kraanium which is basically my dumb fun slam album for this year.

I know Malignancy's coming out in October... but that's all I got off the top of my head.

Deadly Remains - Severing Humanity is my favorite BDM album this year so far.

Visceral Throne's Omnipotent Asperity is another fine piece of work for 2012 BDM.

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:43 pm 

Mmm, yeah, Visceral Throne's debut was pretty great. Deadly Remains I've heard also, though I need to listen more. Is that really it though? We're damn near 9 months into this year...

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
soul_schizm wrote:

Just wondering then, why the hell are you in this thread? :boo: :brick:

A good question that deserves a response. I thought it would be a discussion of the music, so I could center in on the most worthwhile of the bunch. ....rather than an album cover display thread.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 am 

What do you think those albums leave to discuss?

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 am 

GravityLapse wrote:

Yeah, between those two slam bands and I would throw in the newest Dying Fetus and Pathology, I don't think we're going to get much better this year...(isn't there a new Devourment, Wormed and Defeated Sanity coming out this year or early next? ) Also I've seen alot of praise for Chordotomy, Purtid Pile, Whoretospy, Begging for Incest, Abominable Putridity, Abnormality this year.

Like others have said, Visceral Throne is a pretty well crafted CD although I would consider them still pretty slammy. Ive read some new reviews of Cryptsopy's S/T album and it seems to be pretty promising. Heard some previews from the new ARKAIK and it sounded pretty good(tech bdm), There's a new Pathology coming out next month too. In conclusion, there has been a ton of great stuff that came out and a ton more to look forward too.

Ilwhyan wrote:
What do you think those albums leave to discuss?

This is a pretty asinine thing to say, you can discuss the album, technicality, heaviness, catchiness, album artwork, shifts in sound from previous albums, atmosphere, hilarity of vocals and tons of other aspects of brutal death metal.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:44 pm 

GravityLapse wrote:
Mmm, yeah, Visceral Throne's debut was pretty great. Deadly Remains I've heard also, though I need to listen more. Is that really it though? We're damn near 9 months into this year...

There's A LOT more than that, just cluing you in on a couple must-listens, if you will. Here's a chart you could probably pick several more from:

customized RYM chart

This site's search function can be useful, too. ;)

What it boils down to is there is often a fine line between BDM and slam. Furthermore, there are a ton of albums that might be perfectly good - even favorites of some - that stand out for one person and not another. It's best to check them out, or check some samples out, for yourself and see what you like best.

I've also found many albums that are new to me but from previous years. You might also try expanding your search to include albums dating several years back. I've found gems such as Inveracity, Enmity, and Pyaemia that way.

You can always check out some members' last.fm play-lists or RYM (rate your music) lists and ratings. (signatures!)

Coming up this year there are several great albums coming out including new: Beheaded, Katalepsy, and Disgorge. If you haven't checked out Antropofagus - Architecture Of Lust (2012) that's one you might like.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 pm 

^ Do you really think Disgorge will be release this year??? I doubt it.

Oh and forgot about new Beheaded, that will be great, they have some samples and a few reviews up for that as well, seems to be getting some praise.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:44 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
^ Do you really think Disgorge will be release this year??? I doubt it.

Oh and forgot about new Beheaded, that will be great, they have some samples and a few reviews up for that as well, seems to be getting some praise.

Yeah, I'm a little bit skeptical about the Disgorge but there is some footage of pre-production rehearsal with the current lineup, here: http://youtu.be/E4YZyH692PM

Given that Katelepsy hasn't put out anything in awhile gives me pause, too. The new Beheaded is excellent, if perhaps not as brutal as previous releases. New Beheaded song here: http://youtu.be/qkmOQE6fZCs

Severe Torture is supposed to have a new one, too. In fact here is a list of upcoming BDM and/or Slam releases someone else put together (Leroy Lungvomit), to keep tabs:

Upcoming Albums:

Abhorration – Piercing the Dominion of Intransigent Extermination
Algetic - Sewer Dynasty
Atrocious Abnormality - Formed in Disgust
Avgrunn – Sync Protocols Forming Inhuman Results (2013)
Back Door to Asylum – Akathiski
Beheaded - Never to Dawn
Baphomet - Death in the Beginning
Brutus – Murwgebeukt (?)
Carnivore Diprosopus - Condemned by the Alliance
Carrioned - Echoes of Abomination (?)
Cerebral Incubation - Gonorrhea Nodule Mastication
Cystic Dysentery – Culture of Death
Decrepancy – Paralyzed Will
Deeds Of Flesh - Portals To Canaan
Devolved - Reprisal
Digested – Gorerecipes
Disgorge - And the Weak Shall Perish
Display of Decay – Display of Decay
Dragging Entrails - Landfill of the Butchered
Drenched - Through the Medium of Subjected Flesh
Edifice - Agony, Universal
Euphoric Defilement - Ascending to the Worms
Feticide – Human Sledgehammer Disassembly Line
Habitual Defilement - The Redemption of Past Supremacy
Extremely Rotten - Grotesque Acts of Humanity
Human Rejection – The Apocalypse of Hate (?)
Human Mastication - Driven to Kill
Hideous Rebirth - Partially Devoured
Horde Casket - Bloodfiends
Illdisposed - Sense the Darkness
Ingurgitating Oblivion - Enigmatic Symmetries
Goregonik - Spawned From the Pit
Gorepot - Fermenting the Chiba Seeds
Gutfed - The Reign of Pure Madness and Contagious Perversion
Jasad – Rebirth ov Jatisunda
Kastrated – Surge of Festering Spasticity (?)
Katalepsy – Autopsychosis
Malignancy – Eugenics
Meathook - Facing Deformity
Murder Worship - Macabre and Sick Acts
Necrotorture - Gore Solution
Orategod - With Love From Sinister
Orphalis - Human Individual Metamorphosis
Ossification – From the Suppurate Bowels of Innermost Earth
Phalloplasty – Necrophagic Funeral Ritual
Pathology - The Time of Great Purification
Pus Vomit - Stoned to Death
Pyrexia - Feast Of Iniquity (Dec 2012)
Rancid Flesh - Pathological Zombie Carnage
Sagrado – Mass Suffering of the Human Being
Sarcolytic - Throne of Disease
Sarcophagy - The Onset of Torture
Scent of Death - Of Martyrs's Agony and Hate
Sexual Atrocities - Planet of the Rapes
Sophicide - Perdition of the Sublime
Splattered Mermaids - Reforged In Gore
Torturous Inception - The Parable of Scorched Earth
Unfathomable Ruination – Misshapen Congenital Entropy
Urogenital Macrophage - Perversion and Sickness Destroy the Human Race

Other Bands with (possible) upcoming albums:

Vulvectomy, Devourment, Defeated Sanity, Guttural Secrete (?), Coprocephalic, Cognitive, Disentomb, Sick, Amputated Genitals, Abysmal Torment, Bloodtruth, Cephalic Impurity, Cephalitis By Torture, Cephalotripsy (?), Faith Must Pain, Goretrade, Guttural Slug, Resurrected, Scalpel, Amputated Genitals, Occision, Extermination Dismemberment, Eviscerated Entrails, Fetal Disgorge, Hostile Eyes, Kataplexy, Necromorphic Irruption, Perverse Dependence, Purefilth, Rott, Septycal Gorge, Suppuration (?), Severe Torture, Truculency, Viral Dystrophy, Vaginal Mutilation, Pathological Abomination, Twatrot, Limb From Limb, Intrauterine Worm, Intricated, Iniquitous Deeds, Devour the Fetus, Deflesh the Abducted, Deathqueen, Contorted Form, Chelation Intoxication, Amagortis (?), Down From the Wound, Inextricable Entrails (?), Deprecated (?), Degrade (?), Disemboweled Corpse (?), Cesspool of Vermin, Wormed

I added: Defeated Sanity, Pathological Abomination, Disentomb, Devourement, Abysmal Torment (have new album recorded already!), Severe Torture (?, 2012), Insision (?, 2012), ...

Plus:

Bodysnatch (Split EP with Flesh Throne)
Pyrexia - Feast Of Iniquity (Dec 2012)

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:17 pm 

Thanks man, holy shit that list is awesome, totally forgot about so many of those bands.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

epicandrew
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:58 am 

1. Internal Suffering - Chaotic Matrix
2. Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance
3. Brodequin - Festival of Death

Definitely my three favorites.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:05 am 

Taking little consolation in that terrible list, either half of them half intolerably shitty trendy br00tal piggy vocals and the other half ape Devourment, Disgorge, Suffocation, and or a combination of all three nothing but distro shelf fodder for Sevared and Brutal bands. :ugh:

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

pastafarian
Liberalestest Hitler Jugend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 am 

Veracs wrote:
Taking little consolation in that terrible list, either half of them half intolerably shitty trendy br00tal piggy vocals and the other half ape Devourment, Disgorge, Suffocation, and or a combination of all three nothing but distro shelf fodder for Sevared and Brutal bands. :ugh:

well excuse us for having preferences... :tongue:

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:31 am 

Just listened to the new Turbidity E.P.- "Vomiting the Rotten Maggot" pretty on par with their previous full length, very slammy.

Also the new Engorgement- "Excruciating Intestinal Lacerations" released on Comatose Records, Members of Kraanium and Embryonic Depravity. This is by far the most on par Cephalotripsy clone band I have heard, its a little less slow paced, but the vocals sound exactly like Angel.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

rimbulaGRIND
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:30 pm 

These would have to be my two favourites. Followed closely by Cephalotripsy's full length and Avulsed's Yearning For The Grotesque.
Cephalic Impurity- Unique Brute Revival
Haemopgagia- From Sickness to Cult.

rimbulaGRIND
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 pm 

And how could I forget Goratory's Orgasm Induced Diarrhea?!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next