Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Idrownfish
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:02 pm 

Yep, Wintersun will finally release Time, and we didn't even have to threaten his family!

http://www.wintermadness.net/

I really hope to be impressed by the release. It might even be better than the debut, in which case I will buy a copy and tear it in two just to see if I can destroy something that couldn't possibly exist.

Last edited by Idrownfish on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Dirt Nap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm 

now the next hurdle is hoping it doesnt suck.

By_Inheritance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:43 pm 

It's finally coming out, huh? I'm not going to hold my breath. Let's see what happens come Summer.

FenrirFangs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:34 pm 

I can't imagine it living up to the hype. I hope it does, but hell man...

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:36 pm 

Mhm. Yeah. Sure.
Death metal is eternal.

tehfoks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:05 am 

Never understood all the hype for this band. They got one album and it's not that big of a deal if you ask me. Fluffy, overproduced, pseudo-epic melodeath. I would expect them to have their share of fans, but not to be regarded as this venerated quasi-religious miracle of a band.

Smalley wrote:
If I wanted a better version of something, I certainly wouldn't want it to start smoking crack, it'd get all fucked up and gross.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 am 

Wait, where on the page does it give a release date? And thanks for being vague with the title.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:16 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Wait, where on the page does it give a release date? And thanks for being vague with the title.

Nowhere. It's only saying they're headlining a tour...

False information then. I bet there's plenty of other Wintersun threads in the metal discussion.

I want the new album to be released as well, but let's do a thread when it's actually annouced for real. Now, let's discuss the tour instead.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:27 am 

Doesn't give a date, Ozzy. Just this:

Jari wrote:
I´ve been mixing my ass off and things are going smooth and steady now and the album will be released late summer.

Also hints that there could be multiple albums which is interesting.

Thing with this album now is that it was being hyped through the roof and the actual product could never match the expectations. Although now, since the album has been delayed for so long, enough time has passed for most of that hype to die down and the album can be released to a less stimulated audience.

Personally, my overly enthusiastic appreciation of the debut has died away, but the appreciation is still there and am looking forward to hearing the follow up. Gonna have to spin the first one a few times to get in the mood. :)

- Tim Minchin

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:33 am 

Metantoine wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Nowhere. It's only saying they're headlining a tour...

Not only.

Jari wrote:
We are very excited to announce that we are going to be headlining the 2012 Heidenfest Tour in October. There was some setbacks with the album during the winter (again), but as usual we have managed to ram through them. (Big thanks to our management for helping us through the tough times!). I´ve been mixing my ass off and things are going smooth and steady now and the album will be released late summer. Stay tuned for bigger updates about the album (or should we say "albums", wink wink!)“ Jari and the Wintersun boys, cheers!

I wouldn't call it an official announcement either, but it's more of an announcement than anything Wintersun have said in the past 6 years or so.

- Tim Minchin

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:11 am 

$5 says that the new album is Jari revisiting his days as a Kid Rock fan.

Idrownfish
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 am 

Metantoine, what the hell?

False information? Where? I said Wintersun "will finally release Time". I quote the website:

"...the album will be released late summer."

If that isn't an announcement, what is? There is no date or any further information, but they ANNOUNCED that the album WILL BE RELEASED next summer. I didn't say anything else in my post.

OzzyApu:

There are no rules against vague titles. I didn't say there was a date either.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:48 am 

Jari's been saying that Time will be released since like forever, maybe something else will happen. Making another thread on what he is saying is kinda lame and asks for attention.

There's no rules about vague titles, doesn't it's fun though...

The tour is concrete news and doesn't offer false hope to the fans.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:29 am 

I've been expecting it, to come out about at the end of this year and to hear it's set for late summer is just great, let's hope, this time (heh) they will stick to the plan...
Also, what was he implying with album"s" and winks? :D

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 pm 

This is old news it was comfirmed by Nuclear Blast that the album will drop sometime this late Spring early Summer. And I must say its about fucking TIME!!!!!

RottingWays
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:04 pm 

I hope this album turns out good. I have lost and regained interest in it so many times I can't keep count. I'm kind of in the mood to care about this, but I'm pretty sure it won't live up to its hype.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 pm 

" There was some setbacks with the album during the winter (again), but as usual we have managed to ram through them."

So, a 5+ year delay constitutes ramming through the problems? Sounds like our friend Jari is quite the optimist. :lol: :lol:

Bahamut7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:13 pm 

Can't say I'm happy with Heidenfest missing out on the UK but I'll at least be happier if Time finally comes out... Oh wait. :P Still, I believe 2012 may be the year for Time but after being let down so many times, I don't even want to build my hopes up again.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm 

im guessing on 70% chance that the new one will actually be released.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm 

Well, I'll be damned, we're actually going to see (at least part of) Wintersun's new one before the end of the year.

Wintersun wrote:
Finland's WINTERSUN have released the following update regarding their long-awaited second album:

Hello friends!

Time for some album(s) news. Wintersun's Time is going to be two albums, titled TIME I & TIME II. We made this decision simply because of few reasons:

- All the 80min of material won't fit on a regular CD and we didn't want to cut anything out.

- We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.

- The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of "hard listening (not easy listening)" material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me). Both albums will be approx. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.

- We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these "modern times." No more years of silence for us!

We hope you'lll approve our new little "plan" and support us when the "Time" comes!

The track listing for TIME I looks like this:

TIME I
1. When Time Fades Away
2. Sons of Winter and Stars
I Rain of Stars
II Surrounded by Darkness
III Journey Inside a Dream
IV Sons of Winter and Stars
3. Land of Snow and Sorrow
4. Darkness and Frost
5. Time

TIME I mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012! TIME II will be released in 2013. Conception of album artworks, videos, live shows incl. rehearsals will keep us busy during the summer and I'll also continue mixing TIME II meanwhile. We'll be hopefully posting some videos and teasers during summer. Also some new live show announcements soon, so stay tuned for those!

We can't wait for you guys to hear TIME I material and play it to you live! Have a great summer!
- Jari & Wintersun boys

WINTERSUN are confirmed to headline this year's edition of the so-called HEIDENFEST tour kicking off in October supported by Korpiklaani, Varg, Trollfest and Krampus, before they go on touring the world. Further infos, dates and tickets on www.heidenfest.eu

https://www.facebook.com/notes/wintersun/wintersun-album-update-track-listing-revealed/10151756957115234

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:46 pm 

Yeah, I got really excited, when I read those news, and the fact that it's kind of a doubble album is even more awesome, now we'll have two wintersun releases in a short period, wich kind of makes up for all those years of silence on their side i guess. Looking forward to it...

Reply to topic