Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:32 am 

Dave_o_rama wrote:
Agreed. They did, however, post a studio report with some ever-so-small samples from the album, including the new drummer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyVeYuuH54&

The one thing I struggle with regarding this band is the bass-drums and their lack of 'bass', punch, and overall impact in sound. Wouldn't you know it? The video never shows his legs, feet, or bass-drum playing. :( I know they play fast, but is it impossible to liven those things up? Plenty of bands play like this and their bass-drums don't suck ass.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 am 

Damn you hour of penance,release more samples!

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

iLamer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:49 pm 

Here the new track "Sedition Through Scorn":

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1.php ... ance-track

If i didn't knew they changed the vocalist, i wouldn't even realize that this is a different one. Overall a great track imo.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm 

That was fucking awesome. They just get more relentless with every album. The vocals are still t he exact same thing but it fits so I can't fault them for that. Those drums!

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
That was fucking awesome. They just get more relentless with every album. The vocals are still t he exact same thing but it fits so I can't fault them for that. Those drums!

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm 

Excellent stuff. Still wish they had better bass-drum sound, but the guitars seem to be better mixed this time around. Sounds a lot like Hate Eternal in some ways - wall of sound onslaught and breakneck speed. Really well done, though.

Bruce500
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:25 pm 

Paradogma was so amazing... I'm seeing them live on april 2nd so I'm pretty stoked! I just hope they at least play the title track from Paradogma... Not that this album isn't sure to be amazing.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:12 am 

I gotta say, one thing these italians have a problem with in Fleshgod Apocalypse is their production. Overly slammy and heavy, hard to listen to for extended periods due to an obnoxiously loud production.

This song is exactly what is missing from FGA; Crisp cymbals, punchy drums and a sharp, meaty but refined guitar tone that pairs perfectly with the band's brutal and technical precision.

Oh god, I sounded like a pretentious wine-taster there.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:17 am 

Love the new song. Not exactly Vile Conception-conquering, but still damn fine.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Deadbread
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:47 pm 

I like this band a lot! Can't wait. Still listen to Paradogma regularly

jwapostolas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:36 pm 

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
I gotta say, one thing these italians have a problem with in Fleshgod Apocalypse is their production. Overly slammy and heavy, hard to listen to for extended periods due to an obnoxiously loud production.

This song is exactly what is missing from FGA; Crisp cymbals, punchy drums and a sharp, meaty but refined guitar tone that pairs perfectly with the band's brutal and technical precision.

No not all. If you are specifically referring to Oracles, then I agree. Whilst the guitars on that album are heavy, clear and crunchy as hell (some of the heaviest I've ever heard in metal period); the bass drum triggers 'click' rather than 'thud' which does make the album hard to listen to for extended periods especially if you are playing it through a top notch car stereo.

Now with Agony, the drum sound is absolutely perfect. However, the guitars have a much weaker tone and not to mention that they are drowned out most of the time by the overused symphonics.

Oh yeah, I'm digging this new Hour of Penance song BTW.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:50 pm 

jwapostolas wrote:
VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:

the bass drum triggers 'click' rather than 'thud' which does make the album hard to listen to for extended periods especially if you are playing it through a top notch car stereo.

Now with Agony, the drum sound is absolutely perfect. However, the guitars have a much weaker tone and not to mention that they are drowned out most of the time by the overused symphonics.

Oh yeah, I'm digging this new Hour of Penance song BTW.

Some good points here. Fix the drums, increase the guitar should be two priorities for both bands, though the guitars by HOP are much better than Fleshgod's. Both have zero punch to their kick-drums and that bothers me and keeps them from becoming more of a favorite of mine.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:08 pm 

I agree that it's somewhat of a problem, but it dosen't bother me as much. It helps with the clarity of his hyperspeed playing. Their are bands that are much bigger offenders in the trigger department (Into Eternity's clickety click crap comes to mind)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2