* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am 

From Blabbermouth:

Quote:
Reformed heavy metal legends ACCEPT will release their new album, "Stalingrad", on April 6 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was once again helmed by British producer Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, EXODUS, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY), who worked on the band's critically acclaimed comeback effort, "Blood Of The Nations".

Commented ACCEPT guitarist Wolf Hoffman: "ACCEPT and Andy Sneap have the perfect synergy. This was so clear with 'Blood Of The Nations' and we are excited to continue on that path. Andy is not only an amazing and prolific producer but also a very good friend who has long become a member of the ACCEPT family."

Regarding the musical direction of ACCEPT's next album, Hoffmann told The Rock Pit earlier this year, "We're just gonna have the same attitude, the approach; we're just gonna do more of the same, you know, without it being the same. More similar-style stuff, hopefully fresh new ideas. And I mean, we're not gonna… The intention is not to change it right now. I mean, why would we? . . . But I have to say, it's always easier said than done. It's incredibly difficult to write songs that are sort of reminiscent of the past but they're not, you know, rip-offs of your own music. That sounds incredibly very simple, but it's really not, especially if you have a sort of history of 15 albums or whatever we have. Then there are always similarities that you have to avoid. It can't be too close, but it can't be too far away from it. So it's a pretty fine line that you have to walk sometimes, but, you know, hopefully we'll manage again."

ACCEPT's July 15, 2011 performance at last year's edition of the Bang Your Head!!! festival in Balingen, Germany filmed for a future DVD release. The concert marked the band's return to a five-piece format after the group spent a couple of months touring as a quartet due to the fact that guitarist Herman Frank suffered broken ribs and a punctured lung in a stage fall on May 6, 2011 in San Antonio.

"Blood Of The Nations" was released in North America on September 14, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records. Recorded at Sneap's Backstage Studio in Derbyshire, England, the CD marked the debut of the band's latest addition, vocalist Mark Tornillo (ex-TT QUICK).

Very excited for this, Blood of the Nations was an awesome, killer album, and I don't really see them going wrong with this one.

Tracklist:
The tracklist of the CD looks like this:
01. Hung, Drawn And Quartered.
02. Stalingrad
03. Hellfire
04. Flash To Bang Time
05. Shadow Soldiers
06. Revolution
07. Against The World
08. Twist Of Fate
09. The Quick And The Dead
10. Never Forget (bonus track)
11. The Galley

Last edited by Nanoscourge on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:00 pm 

Very niiice. Can't wait for this album, I don't mind if it sounds similar to Blood of the Nations because it was a killer record. I hope they'll tour North America again, saw them live last year, it was awesome.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 pm 

Very excited about this. I recently got heavily into Accept, very awesome, and the new album kicks so much ass.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:22 pm 

Blood of the Nations kicked ass, so something in the vein of that would be awesome, especially with a few more thrashy speed metal tracks like Beat the Bastards. Also, I'm not sure why, but the title of the album suggests a conceptual work if you ask me.....

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 pm 

At this point Accept cant do no wrong. Blood Of The Nations was a hell of an album (Dare to say a modern classic).

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm 

only massive kickassery can come of a title like that

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm 

New Accept is great news! I especially look forward to Herman Frank's guitar work. I can't get enough of his material.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:28 pm 

should be good.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:38 pm 

Great news, blood of the nations was a great album, I thought Andy Sneap did an excellent job for them so really looking forward to this one!

HisZvironistOverlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm 

I have a feeling that this may be a concept album... which is making me a little bit leery of it all.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:19 am 

I'm definitely excited for this. Glad to see them not wasting any time!

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:24 am 

I've been anticipating this since Blood of the Nations was released. I'm so glad to see them really making something of this comeback and not just having a one-off album and a bit of touring before petering out.

<edit> This is the first I've heard about the live DVD. I'd love to see that, as Accept have not been big on video releases in the way of their peers. I also hope there's a CD with it as I'm a sucker for live albums.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Ericfg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 am 

HisZvironistOverlord wrote:
I have a feeling that this may be a concept album... which is making me a little bit leery of it all.

They're not known for that (making concept albums) and the genre they play in isn't really concept-friendly so yeah, if true I'd be leary as well. I suspect it's not but only time will tell.
Having said though I would be interested on the German view of Stalingrad as I had a couple distant relations in the 6th Arny then & there.
Mostly unrelated - I did enjoy the Hail Of Bullets concept dealing with the Eastern Front. Dovetailed my love of military history and metal. :)
Anyway....glad to hear the new album's out soon that Sneap's producing, and that there is a concert DVD.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 am 

Why would a concept album make you leery? They can be done very well in the traditional metal format, and have been. Not as rare as you're saying.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 am 

Blood of the Nations was quite decent, even though I tend to get a bit tired of it by the end and it has its share of fillers. Still, I'm tentatively excited about the new one. But Andy Sneap producing again? :ugh: He's the margarine of metal producers.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Blood of the Nations was quite decent, even though I tend to get a bit tired of it by the end and it has its share of fillers. Still, I'm tentatively excited about the new one. But Andy Sneap producing again? :ugh: He's the margarine of metal producers.

Yeah, the man's style is pretty sterile, but I prefer his overtly clean production to the bullshit that guys such as Rick Rubin do nowadays.

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:05 pm 

The title track has been posted on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HAT56UC2o

I like this a lot, greatly anticipating the release of this album.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:06 pm 

You sir, are my hero.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 pm 

This sounds exactly like expected. Which actually means "it sounds badass". Thanks Nanoscourge!

zzerk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:36 pm 

Just what I was expecting. Badass. Sounds like a great continuation of Blood of the Nations.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:37 pm 

I'm jizzing myself. I was worried they wouldn't be able to keep up the sheer quality of Blood Of The Nations. It looks like they won't have that problem.

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:57 pm 

They've also announced a Euro tour with HELL, taking place in April.

06.04.12 Paris (F), Bataclan
07.04.12 Mons (BE), PPM Fest
08.04.12 Schijndel (N), Paaspop Festival
10.04.12 Kempten (GER), Big Box
11.04.12 Stuttgart (GER), Pilharmonie
13.04.12 Straubing (GER), Messehalle
14.04.12 Geiselwind (GER), Event Center
15.04.12 Pratteln (CH), Z7
17.04.12 Oberhausen (GER), Turbinenhalle
18.04.12 Hamburg (GER), Große Freiheit
19.04.12 Berlin (GER), Huxleys

Plus two dates with Accept alone

21.04.12 Zlin (CZ), Euronics
22.04.12 Warschau (PL), Stodola

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:00 pm 

With Hell? WHY CAN'T I LIVE IN FUCKING EUROPE!?!?

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:04 pm 

Cool song. One of the riffs reminded me of RHCP's "Higher Ground".

Cover art is bland as fuck, though. Horrible.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:08 pm 

Yeah, super shitty cover. Their last cover sucked too.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:40 pm 

Pretty sweet shit.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:58 pm 

Been waiting for this for a while now (they announced the title weeks ago). Terribly dull cover art, but I don't listen to Accept for their album covers.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:16 pm 

The new song sounded pretty cool, great guitaring from Wolf (not that you'd expect much less). Amusingly, the production sounds like really, really close to the last Hell album. Does Sneap make every band play through the same gear or what?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 pm 

I loved the sound of the Hell album, but I gotta agree, it's getting a bit old here. Cool song, although I'd prefer if it were 3-4 minutes like their old material. Mostly I just want another Herman Frank album instead.

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 pm 

Listen to other Sneap productions. For as much praise as he gets for his sound, a lot is REALLY similar sounding.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:44 pm 

I can understand why a band would want Sneap to produce. He's famous and gets the job done. That said, I can see why he isn't too popular with fans. He's famous, and he doesn't do much beyond getting the job done.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:57 pm 

Yeah, song sounds fuckin' awesome.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:47 am 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
I can understand why a band would want Sneap to produce. He's famous and gets the job done. That said, I can see why he isn't too popular with fans. He's famous, and he doesn't do much beyond getting the job done.

Well, he does do "other" things like I've heard him do good things with doom records, but there is the typical Sneap Sound (tm) that is basically "Huge modern Marshall tone, very little subtlety and every other instrument gets shafted by this HUGE, MODERN guitar sound". It works on that Exodus live album he did, but it can be really, erm, unforgiving to a lot of records... and I tend to like a more varied sound (ie: if a band has the same production on every record, it gets rather boring). Admittedly, this style is a better fit for a modern Accept record than it is for, say, Hell's album.

Sunslash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 pm 

The Youtube video is down. I tried to search for it on Youtube or Dailymotion but I didn't get any result.
Did any of you happened to save the video, or at least the audio?

Last edited by Sunslash on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm 

I don't have a problem with Sneap at all, but the production....could be better. Nonetheless will pick this record up for sure, big Accept fan!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:58 am 

Aw, fuck. I listened to the title track yesterday and I liked it. Really happy with the consistent asskickery here.

However, I just checked it out again and saw it got deleted -- anyone save it to their hard drives? I would like to hear it again.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 am 

Still there, look for it. The song was good, but in the same vein as Blood of the Nations, not really new or fresh,

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Sunslash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 am 

After some search, I finally found it. If everything is like this badassery, it's already a very good contender for my AOTY!

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:13 am 

Yeah, looks like I found it again as well. Made sure to download the YouTube video of it in case it gets taken down again. More people gotta hear this stuff before it comes out.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:01 pm 

So I'm currently a couple of songs into the leaked copy and I've got to say, I'm fucking loving it.

What do you guys think?

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next