Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:30 am 

GraveWish wrote:
Do you think I'm a faggot to regularly check this thread, or any other thread, if I didn't have anything to say? Well sorry but I don't check threads for random readings and will never do. This is your job not mine. Please stop being an ass and learn some respect.

Yeah. Well. You certainly picked a good time to submit the band, and it was right at the top of the band queue when I noticed Inside_the_Fall's message, too. :p

The more constructive/objective reason I chose his submission over yours was that his submission was far more complete. And it wouldn't have been fair on him to reject his earlier submission in favour of a newer, less detailed one.

madness_reigns
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:03 am 

Hi,some days ago,I added a band from Italy,called Blood Red Water and I was waiting until it's been submitted from a moderator.The first time my submission was rejected because the proofs I gave were not adequate.Therefore,I added more proofs this time and submitted it again..Later ,I received an e-mail from metal-archives ,informing me that you accepted my submission..Here it is:
Quote:
Thank you madness_reigns for your contribution to the Encyclopaedia Metallum!
You have successfully added the band Blood Red Water (Italy) to the database.
We hope that you keep contributing to the Encyclopaedia in the future, to help it become the best Web resource for true heavy metal! Sincerely,
Derigin, Encyclopaedia Metallum

However,this band is dissapeared from ''My bands '' section and it isn't submitted at all.I didn't delete anything,I'm pretty sure for this.I contacted Argus Monitor who told me to ask about this problem in this thread..Should I try to add this band again?

Thank you in advance

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:20 am 

madness_reigns wrote:
Hi,some days ago,I added a band from Italy,called Blood Red Water and I was waiting until it's been submitted from a moderator.The first time my submission was rejected because the proofs I gave were not adequate.Therefore,I added more proofs this time and submitted it again..Later ,I received an e-mail from metal-archives ,informing me that you accepted my submission..Here it is:
Quote:
Thank you madness_reigns for your contribution to the Encyclopaedia Metallum!
You have successfully added the band Blood Red Water (Italy) to the database.
We hope that you keep contributing to the Encyclopaedia in the future, to help it become the best Web resource for true heavy metal! Sincerely,
Derigin, Encyclopaedia Metallum

However,this band is dissapeared from ''My bands '' section and it isn't submitted at all.I didn't delete anything,I'm pretty sure for this.I contacted Argus Monitor who told me to ask about this problem in this thread..Should I try to add this band again?

Thank you in advance

They have no physical release, their album is download-only. That fact was overlooked when they were approved, so they were deleted again.

madness_reigns
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:27 am 

Thank you for the explanation,now I see.I thought that they had a physical release because in their page in reverbnation.com ,it's mentioned that ''For the time being the EP is in digital format with a free download, but a physical release of “Tales of Addiction and Despair” is coming soon in the pure spirit of D.I.Y''.So,i thought that there has been already a physical release of their EP.Anyway,whenever this happen,I will add them again.

~Guest 287802
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:09 pm 

Hello!

Very displeased with your moderators. My band WINTERCULT was banned in this site! At last I tried to add info about my project, but band was rejected, because on label status of debut release "Soon!". OK. I wait while album will released and status "Out now", and again send submission, but I was blocked! why? all prooflinks be worked:

Link to label: http://www.rigorism.narod.ru/Releases.html (CD-R section)
and link to Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/Wintercult-Never ... se/3411563

Maybe it was a misunderstanding due to language barrier, please explain the situation to the post [email protected].

Thanks in advance, I hope for your understanding.

// Waldgeist.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 pm 

Wintercult wrote:
Hello!

Very displeased with your moderators. My band WINTERCULT was banned in this site! At last I tried to add info about my project, but band was rejected, because on label status of debut release "Soon!". OK. I wait while album will released and status "Out now", and again send submission, but I was blocked! why? all prooflinks be worked:

Link to label: http://www.rigorism.narod.ru/Releases.html (CD-R section)
and link to Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/Wintercult-Never ... se/3411563

Maybe it was a misunderstanding due to language barrier, please explain the situation to the post [email protected].

Thanks in advance, I hope for your understanding.

// Waldgeist.

You can resubmit, should work now. Looks like it was blacklisted because people kept submitting it before the actual release date.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:05 pm 

This band: http://www.facebook.com/devilstrain is on the blacklist. I suppose that they should be clearly added to MA as a side-project, way before any other side-project already added to the site.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 pm 

Side-projects are brought in on a case-by-case basis, based upon whether the staff determine that the project was created in tandem, the artist notable, and the band deemed a reasonable part of the metal scene. We'll consider it, but there's no guarantee that it would be "clearly added."

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:20 pm 

I'll add some clarifications:
Devil's Train is formed by Mystic Prophecy's mainman/producer http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/R ... akis/65817 Along R.D. Liapakis it futures:
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/J ... chael/3709
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/L ... zas/103660
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/J ... ainen/3971
Their first self-titled album was release by Edel / Ear Music / Sony on 17 February 2012.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:39 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
FleshMonolith wrote:
Hell, if Hatred Surge is in here, a power violence band NOT a metal band, I can't see why denying a metal band like Psudoku is given any authority.

Hatred Surge used to be blacklisted too, until their last couple splits were deemed metallic enough to be worthy of inclusion on a metal site.

Remember, a band needs only one metallic release to qualify for the site, we don't judge on entire discographies (otherwise bands like Ulver would need to be booted too). ;)

FleshMonolith wrote:
Regardless, this is metal, and frankly it seems silly to not include this band. Eventually the argument "is it metal enough?" or "is it metal at all?" will become a moot point.

Yeah, erh... look, as one grindcore lover to another, I know where you're coming from. :ugh: But there's lines that have to be drawn, and I'm afraid Psyopus is sitting outside the border. What I heard in Psudoku was a bit too jumpy to comply with the site's definition of metal. Technical, yes. But metal isn't the only technical genre in the world.

Didn't expect such a sensible response, thank you.

I don't see how jumpy is a no-go factor for the band, but I guess if it offers such a grey area, from one listener to another, you have your grounds for being right. I'll drop it, but thanks for the lack of condensation that seemed the norm on these forums awhile back.

and while we're on it, drop hatred surge :-P

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

HateTrainRolling
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:22 pm 

Ok...i dont wanna be a bitch about it but a band i add two days ago was "not approved". I see it today added by another user (now approved) with the same "proof of phisycal release" that i applied. It's about Mabuse (Norway). Some time ago the same happened with SNMS (Norway). It was "not metal enough" when i added them but later it was "metal enough" whan another user brought them to the board. No big deal overall...but still. Anyway - take care.

Tonatiuth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:41 am 

HateTrainRolling wrote:
Ok...i dont wanna be a bitch about it but a band i add two days ago was "not approved". I see it today added by another user (now approved) with the same "proof of phisycal release" that i applied. It's about Mabuse (Norway). Some time ago the same happened with SNMS (Norway). It was "not metal enough" when i added them but later it was "metal enough" whan another user brought them to the board. No big deal overall...but still. Anyway - take care.

I guess that you need to send all the proofs of metalness or physical release in the first time, before even add information like albums lineup or the lyrics, some bands are rejected because no proofs were send in the first time and some smart guy add a picture took with the cellphone camera.

lol I believe there's a misunderstanding. Tonatiuth is referring to the deathcore band, not anything related to your music.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 am 

Well, not only was that other submission submitted to the queue before yours (by a day), but it also had more complete information for physical release and for metalness.

We generally try to stick by the principle of accepting the band submission which is most complete and submitted earliest. Those two principles are not necessarily true in all cases, but in this case it was.

Tonatiuth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 am 

Quote:
Sorry Tonatiuth, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Falling Insane (Mexico), for the following reason:

I can find no mention of any CD release on their FB page. Do you have any more info/proof? Are those two in the pic your personal copies? How many CD-Rs were made? Are they available at gigs and/or by emailing the band?

Well I'm a former member of the band, the demo was recorded in August (aprox) and first 10 copies were done without album art and send to friends of the members, later we recorded a single... this time in other studio and with the album art, this time we do like a 35 copies gift them to those on the audience who made a "wall of death" and stuff like that, anyway, when the copies were over we allow the online download of the single with another album art and after that I left the band by personal struggles but I became like the manager of that old material and I sell them now via email in Physical format. They are re-recording the old songs with new vocals (i'm the singer) and some news and they try to promote the band new upcoming material without look up too much to the old because it sounds too amateur for us and we want more loud for the second demo. I have like 70 copies to the demo and like 10 for the single so if you want more pictures I can give them to you, we have no money so thats all that we can do for the moment.
I'm selling under [email protected]

lol I believe there's a misunderstanding. Tonatiuth is referring to the deathcore band, not anything related to your music.

CompilMetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:22 am 

Hello there,

The band Hypno5e (France), just released a second album called "Acid Mist Tomorrow", more aggressive, dark than the first one, can you please reconsider the blacklisting?
You can hear the new content here, I also buy the physical copy.

This band deserve his place on The Metal Archive. ;)

Prowler_84
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:36 am 

Could you please tell why Rankelson (UK) is blacklisted?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:28 am 

Prowler_84 wrote:
Could you please tell why Rankelson (UK) is blacklisted?

The logs say "glam / hard rock".

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 pm 

I was wondering if this:

Masters are going to be sent to me tonight!!!!!! :-) Anyone that wants a free copy of the CD, PM or email me your address. MP3s should go up this weekend.

Can be considered a physical release?

kilerdrail
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:10 pm 

Nobody answered my post:

"Festered Torso was blacklisted because theres no proof of physical release"

Physical? Bob Egler Releases absolutely EVERITHING what he makes, The earlier (and some new) releases were mostly very limited (at least 10, 20 or 30), every release is possible to find contacting him (well,most of his releases were "Lost", Sold-Out Or Probably Droped in a Trash Can), He releases everithing. (Also this was released http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Cr ... oss/313152)

Have a Nice Day

HateTrainRolling
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm 

Ok - i accept this about Mabuse - no problem - someone added 'em before me...but about bands like SNMS - seems like everyone of you have a different opinion what is "metal" or "not metal enough". Draw the line. Define.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm 

GraveWish wrote:
I was wondering if this:

Masters are going to be sent to me tonight!!!!!! :-) Anyone that wants a free copy of the CD, PM or email me your address. MP3s should go up this weekend.

Can be considered a physical release?

It would be better if you could confirm that he has actually sent any out. Receiving a master and making promises to send out copies isn't the same as actually distributing them.

kilerdrail wrote:
Nobody answered my post:

"Festered Torso was blacklisted because theres no proof of physical release"

Physical? Bob Egler Releases absolutely EVERITHING what he makes, The earlier (and some new) releases were mostly very limited (at least 10, 20 or 30), every release is possible to find contacting him (well,most of his releases were "Lost", Sold-Out Or Probably Droped in a Trash Can), He releases everithing. (Also this was released http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Cr ... oss/313152)

Have a Nice Day

That's fine that he releases everything, but we need proof or evidence that he does that. Going on your word alone isn't sufficient enough proof. If that is the reason the band got blacklisted, that is probably because you kept resubmitting it without providing the proof we need.

jimjenca
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 pm 

Was wondering why the band "I Am The Trireme" has been blacklisted.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:38 pm 

HateTrainRolling wrote:
Ok - i accept this about Mabuse - no problem - someone added 'em before me...but about bands like SNMS - seems like everyone of you have a different opinion what is "metal" or "not metal enough". Draw the line. Define.

If you feel a band shouldn't be in MA, just post in the "Cleansing the Archives" thread that it should be removed, and we might consider it. The site draws a line as best it can, but the nature of music (subjective and difficult to define) means that there is a certain expected level of fluidity and flexibility in judging what is "metal" and "not metal enough" for the purposes of this site. Besides that, the site has its own guiding principles for what it considers metal and non-metal; this differs from how any single individual might view metalness. It's best to think of MA as a single entity with a single view on metal, much like any other person. The only difference between you and I and MA is that you and I conceive of metalness through our own perceptions, MA bases it off the knowledge of multiple individuals' perceptions. Does it mean it's right or authoritative? Probably not. Does it mean that it is adequate enough for a privately-run encyclopedia? Sure.

jimjenca wrote:
Was wondering why the band "I Am The Trireme" has been blacklisted.

It is, without a doubt, a prime example of a "deathcore" band that is predominantly based and driven more by its -core fundamentals than by the metal influences that the band has loosely adopted. In other words, at least as far as this site is concerned, the band just doesn't qualify for predominantly metal. Sorry.

alexo666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:36 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Fut ... 3540342738

Needed physical proof.

Also what's the policy of bandcamp albums? Are they just never allowed, and a physical copy HAS to exist?

It's the 2010's. People download now dudes.

Last FM

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 am 

Bandcamp is ok, as long as there is a physical release!

We are quite aware that people are downloading, but this is still a rule and it will stick for a while!

Tonatiuth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 am 

So... can I re-upload, or you want the pictures or more songsamples? or anything else?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:56 am 

Tonatiuth wrote:
So... can I re-upload, or you want the pictures or more songsamples? or anything else?

You can resubmit.

armen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:46 am 

Why the band submitted by me was rejected?
It's Carpe Diem from Kazakhstan. By the way it is originated from already split-up band I Thy Damntaion which is in the base.
On the page I provide there several audio files, album cover, band logo. What is wong with this band. You can listean the track Unreal Dreams and prove it is not metal: http://vk.com/club12058673
Thank you

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:58 am 

armen wrote:
Why the band submitted by me was rejected?
It's Carpe Diem from Kazakhstan. By the way it is originated from already split-up band I Thy Damntaion which is in the base.
On the page I provide there several audio files, album cover, band logo. What is wong with this band. You can listean the track Unreal Dreams and prove it is not metal: http://vk.com/club12058673
Thank you

There is no evidence of a physical (CD, tape, etc...) release.

armen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 am 

Azmodes wrote:

Isn't this an evidence? http://vk.com/album-12058673_111109498

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 am 

armen wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Isn't this an evidence? http://vk.com/album-12058673_111109498

That's just a bunch of digital images, could just as well be a download. Looks very much like it, too.

Antimatzist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am 

I tried to submit the band Attic from Germany and it was rejected. I don't have a photo of the demo (yet), but it is here on this labels website for order, so I guess this should prove the physical existance: http://metalpunxrex.de/shop/product.php?id_product=51

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 am 

Antimatzist wrote:
I tried to submit the band Attic from Germany and it was rejected. I don't have a photo of the demo (yet), but it is here on this labels website for order, so I guess this should prove the physical existance: http://metalpunxrex.de/shop/product.php?id_product=51

Resubmit.

On a side note: Since the tape is already available, I assume the date you entered "May 27th, 2012" applies to the CD version?

EDIT: Okay, apparently not:
FB, February 27th wrote:
The tape version by MetalPunxRex is now available, the CD version will follow this Friday

I guess you mixed up the months for the tape, then.

aerogun18
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:46 pm 

Hi.
I wanted to ask you guys about the band Praying Mantis. I know this as already been discussed and that you consider them AOR and Hard Rock, but I've just found out on youtube about their more recent album Sanctuary, released in 2009. I believe this album is Melodic Heavy Metal and that Praying Mantis now deserve to be in the metal archives. What's your opinion?

Here's some songs from the album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SibxOkr ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upDionsg ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvwwn-hr ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRYnXzD ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBD8mpfF ... re=related

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am 

aerogun18 wrote:
Hi.
I wanted to ask you guys about the band Praying Mantis. I know this as already been discussed and that you consider them AOR and Hard Rock, but I've just found out on youtube about their more recent album Sanctuary, released in 2009. I believe this album is Melodic Heavy Metal and that Praying Mantis now deserve to be in the metal archives. What's your opinion?

Here's some songs from the album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SibxOkr ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upDionsg ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvwwn-hr ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRYnXzD ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBD8mpfF ... re=related

1st song: mostly hard rock riffing
2nd song: nice metallish riff but lasts too short.
3rd song: nice double bass drumming but no metal riffing: only open chord riffs.
4th song: has some promising opening riffs but that's all there is to it. Rest is open chord riffing, typical hard rock.
5th song: again a great song but still some incidental meta riffing. Mostly hard rock riffing.

Although the music sounds great I wouldn't classify them as Metal but maybe some mod will have a different opinion. I AM NOT a Mod so don't take my word for it.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 am 

Why do you people capitalize the genres?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:42 am 

PLEASE STOP SUBMITTING ANYTHING IN ALL CAPS PLZ BECAUSE IT RLY MAKES OUR LIVES MUCH MORE DIFFICULT N PLZ USE ENGLISH POR FAVOR

^ If that looked readable to you, you need to slap yourself upside the head with a pineapple.

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:53 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
PLEASE STOP SUBMITTING ANYTHING IN ALL CAPS PLZ BECAUSE IT RLY MAKES OUR LIVES MUCH MORE DIFFICULT N PLZ USE ENGLISH POR FAVOR

^ If that looked readable to you, you need to slap yourself upside the head with a pineapple.

I only use caps when I need to stress something! :(

Mou
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:35 pm 

is "el reno renardo" blacklisted? i can't find anything about it in the forum, but it's strange to me if it is not blacklisted the band is not added yet, so i think it must be...

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm 

Stressing out a band name in the submissions cue will only arouse my interest in rejecting the entry, and 99% of the time, I do, because it lacks of both physical release and proof of metalness.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 541  Next