Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:45 pm 

Were you replying to me because I was talking I was talking about coke and beer. I don't doubt that coke and rum is probably good. I don't mix stuff often.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:09 am 

Coke and wine is a drink. Coke and liquor too. Coke and beer? :puke:

maxoftoronto
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:06 pm 

Demarara xm is a great rum ...... A top Demerara rum from Guyana, this D'aguiar XM Royal 10yo rum is bottled by Banks DIH. Full bodied, round and sweet, recommended if you like Millonario, Zacapa 23yo and Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:14 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:

I did try beer (a cheap blond beer) + coca cola, it was alright and drinkable, but both liquid are better on their own. I think it's called a Diesel, it's probably as dumb as Vin Diesel to be honest.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

I did try beer (a cheap blond beer) + coca cola, it was alright and drinkable, but both liquid are better on their own. I think it's called a Diesel, it's probably as dumb as Vin Diesel to be honest.

Yeah, it sounds as stupid as Vin Diesel! LOL!

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 pm 

I found a decent cheap rum I like....Bacardi's Oakheart. Almost has a bourbon-esque smoke to it. Now I supposed I'll try to find more smoky rums...

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 am 

tkdcommando wrote:

Recently, as in 2 days ago, I acquired the Kraken Black Spiced Rum....my God :D....notes of vanilla and cloves, with the rum flavor kind of floating nicely on the back of the whole taste experience with a fair amount of toastiness from the oak. I was impressed. Its great with shots, with sodas (I've got to try ginger beer next :D), or my favorite with just a bit of ice. At $20 a bottle, its not bad stuff.

Kraken is GREAT. Smoothest stuff for the price. If you're willing to take a small price hike, I'd rec Mount Gay. it's from Barbados (Barbadian??) and is very refined tasting. It has a carmelly, full flavor that lingers nicely in your throat. My dad and I always polish a bottle off over Christmas. Really great stuff for mixing or on the rocks (although it's a bit nice to be used as mix imo).
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:11 am 

I listened to what people were saying, and got a bottle of Sailor Jerry today. Some awesome stuff there.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 pm 

i normally drink more for pleasure and unwinding, usually with a simple at home mix depending on what i have. for a long time now rum and coke has been one of the concoctions i make rather quickly to give my soda drinking habits a bit more kick.

My first drinks were with the captain, or a check plastic bottle variant of spiced rum. It works well for this sort of simple drink, and was cheaper/more enjoyable for me to make them through a night than my early favorite during my teenager years of the jagerbombs.

Bacardi flavored rums are nice though if you prefer juices and fruit type drinks, but if you want something with more kick and octane, then the obvious solution would be vodka anyway.

I'm not an experienced drinker, i've always gone the way of bums and go after bottom shelf stuff, but because a lot of my drinks are mixed it doesn't really matter. you don't need mid or top shelf booze if you're just going to water it down with a soda or fruit beverage anyway.

If we're drinking shots from the bottle, then obviously the higher quality the better to keep in mind, but the better quality rums will cost a penny or two. You get what you pay for in that regard.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2