Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:50 pm 

have you even mailed my package yet, can you keep the buyers updated somehow????

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:15 am 

I too would appreciate some communication.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:10 am 

Because of the usual Canada Post iffyness I mentioned earlier, I'm not going to go into "worry" mode over this order unless it doesn't arrive this week, in which case I would begin to suspect Canada Post going derpy again if Noktorn was able to mail it out on the updated date. I don't like pressing things on people, so I won't, although Noktorn, were you by chance able to scare up some tracking numbers when you mailed the packages?

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 pm 

I'm finding it worrying that he hasn't been active on here since the 4th of February. It's now been 44 days since I placed my order with him and as far as I know, nothing has been shipped yet. It pains me to do it, but I think I'm going to have to start a dispute on the charges on Paypal (there's a 45 day limit) unless he gets in touch before tomorrow.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:26 pm 

I escalated my issue to a claim with Paypal and I would like to resolve this peacefully, so if you get this please send my package if you have an opportunity.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:06 pm 

I guess my optimism is because 1: Noktorn is an established user here and one of the most prolific reviewers on the site, so he has a name for himself rather than being a fly-by-night seller who may or may not be a scam artist, and 2: I really want this to be a success, considering the massive deal I'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere else on this stuff (approx. $6.66 per CD).

I mean, since he started selling because of money problems, maybe his internet went down after the 4th or something. I don't know Noktorn outside of the fact that he's a prominent figure on this site, but what I've seen of him indicates that he's legit and that there are probably outside factors at work here.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 pm 

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with all of that. I mean, I've dealt with him personally before and there was no problem at all. On the other hand, though, I dropped a fair amount of cash on this-- a little too much to be comfortable waiting this long! The Paypal thing is just to make sure I don't get burned-- I'm still assuming good faith on Noktorn's part. I'm just protecting myself, basically!

~Guest 254418
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm 

Has a single person actually got their stuff from this guy?

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:16 pm 

This gives me unsettling flashbacks of getting ripped off last year by a kid from Florida who also had me sending money to a paypal account under a woman's name. That was obviously someone else, but still I'll be watching this thread closely for any evidence that anyone has received something.

Note: he logged in here two days ago, and has posted on his blog today.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 pm 

UnlockTheAbyss wrote:
Has a single person actually got their stuff from this guy?

One of my friends in California ordered a Torsofuck CD (along with some other things) from Noktorn in this same deal and said he received the stuff he bought all right. He's Nanoscourge here on the forums - maybe he'll see this and elaborate if you want him to.

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:59 pm 

Yes, I ordered 8 CDs from him back in January, and I've recieved all of them. Took a month to get here, bit of a wait I guess, but besides a cracked jewel case everything was in great condition, so I'm not complaining. I can't say much for communication- initially when I made the order he responded to me quickly, but I hadn't bothered emailing him after that because I assumed the stuff was on its way.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am 

Since I made the paypal payment on January 14th, I had no news from Mr. Noktorn/SharpAndSlender... and no parcel.
The mail I sent on February 9th is unanswered to this day. :annoyed:
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 am 

He's a fucking scammer regardless of his so-called "Reputation". He won't update his buyers here even though his profile clearly shows he logged on, but he will take the time to make a rant on his shitty blog. Face it folks, the buyer update was January 30th almost a month ago, and he even made a convenient excuse about "package" tampering to hide the fact he is an opportunistic piece of shit. I hope you all have filed claims with Paypal, because this loser isn't shipping your packages anytime soon.

Under_Starmere wrote:

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 am 

Guys, be aware that if you wish to raise a dispute on Paypal, the maximum time within which you can begin the process is 45 days. This is likely very soon for most of you, if it hasn't passed already. If it's passed then you can't get the money back. You're still encouraged to report it, though.

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:49 pm 

Still no sign of him acknowledging his buyers. He's continuing to log on here but doesn't post. Has anyone other than Nanoscourge received anything?

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:33 pm 

I still haven't received mine. I unfortunately bypassed the claim-by date on Paypal before I really started to feel like something was not so "kosher" about this whole situation, but the fact that he's had an online presence yet is ignoring this topic is making me very...let's say uneasy.

I would be absolutely fine with delay after delay in getting the items out the door to us, because sometimes life intervenes in insane ways. But not keeping us updated is a different story unless there's no way to do so, which doesn't sound like the case here.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 pm 

He had emailed me maybe a week and a half ago after I emailed him asking about the delay. He said he was having some problems with the post office and had to eat a ton of money due to shipping or something. Never specified whether or not my package was actually on the way, just that it was delayed. So I'm not sure if he was just preparing to mail it out when I emailed him, or if it was already sent.

Pretty positive my 45 days are up, so I'll just have to wait in good faith.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:48 pm 

Aeonblade wrote:
He had emailed me maybe a week and a half ago after I emailed him asking about the delay. He said he was having some problems with the post office and had to eat a ton of money due to shipping or something.

That being the case, I'll assume that my package has either been shipped later than the date he mentioned earlier (in which case it'll still be "on-time" if it arrives soon) or it hasn't been mailed yet, which is also fine with me so long as it gets out the door eventually.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:50 pm 

All of your stories are great and everything, but we are still missing an update from the scammer Noktorn himself.

Under_Starmere wrote:

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:41 pm 

Yeah, the bottom line is that he is ignoring emails and not replying on this thread, even though he obviously has time on his hands. I'm still trying to get a hold of him. This thread should continue to be bumped regularly for the time being. It's much preferable, for us and undoubtedly for him too, that this is resolved properly, especially on behalf of the people who let the claim timelimit expire.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:45 pm 

Bump

Still no word from the seller almost a month and a half later.

It looks like Noktorn celebrity extraordinaire of MA ran off with all of our money.

Under_Starmere wrote:

Third_of_the_Storms
Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm 

Paypal may still choose to pursue a claim even after the timelimit expires (normally reserved for cases where large numbers of customers have been defrauded), therefore even those whose 45 days have expired are encouraged to file a report with paypal.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:51 pm 

bump

A few buyers have posted on his blogspot on his most recent entry to let the idiot know to rectify the situation on the boards.

http://trialbyordeal666.blogspot.com/

Under_Starmere wrote:

SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 pm 

Hey everyone, I'm back to update everyone on the situation. Sorry for being incommunicado lately; some pretty bad personal shit arose and I've been heavily occupied elsewhere; just got back into town yesterday. A relative of mine on the other side of the country is ailing and took a turn for the worse a few days ago. My family has been in pretty bad disarray, especially because the relative in question used to live in my state. As a result, me and my immediate family (as the only other people who lived in Florida) have had to handle exactly what's going to happen to all their personal belongings. Things have finally settled (as fucked up as it is to say that waiting for someone to die is "settled") and things are back on track with orders.

I sent out several packages yesterday and I have a bunch more going out tomorrow; at the very, very latest, all outstanding orders will be filled on Monday, and probably tomorrow. As proof that things are getting shipped out, here's a picture of some of the customs form receipts from yesterday. Sorry for the shit quality; the only camera I had available was my webcam, so you probably can't make out a lot of detail apart from the 3-1-2012 stamps:

I know a lot of people are irritated about how this has gone, and I'm sorry for the host of delays and other frustrations. There's an obnoxious chain of events which led to such significant delays (including a package theft where I had to eat a ton of money that was going to shipping fees) but I doubt anyone's interested in hearing the story. Anyway, I'm just letting everyone know that very soon, everyone's packages are going to be taken care of. For nearly every package, I've included bonus items to make up for the wait from my distro overstock.

Though this has been a pretty annoying process for everyone involved, I just want to reassure everyone that I've never ripped anyone off before and I don't plan on starting now. I ran a distro for a few years and completed hundreds of transactions with MA members with no troubles at all on top of about two dozen orders from this collection sale itself that went fine. Frankly, the idea that I'd try to scam in this manner is pretty ludicrous, simply because everyone knows who I am, many of you have my home address as well as all my internet forms of contact, and there's no reason to put my reputation on the line if I'm planning on stealing from any of you. On top of that, Paypal's a pretty difficult thing to scam with; short of sacrificing my non-existent firstborn child, Paypal pretty much ALWAYS sides with the buyer, so really, any of you would have a better chance at successfully ripping me off than I would you.

Anyway, just wanted to put everyone's fears to rest and let you all know that the packages are being shipped right now. If in a couple weeks anyone STILL hasn't received their items, please let me know and I'll get it sorted out to the best of my ability. One thing to note: for some reason, over the past few years, I NEVER receive emails from MA itself alerting me to PMs or other things; they automatically go to my spam folder. For this reason, email is a much more reliable way to contact me. I'm going to be running through my back PMs and emails soon, and I should hopefully clear the backlog within a couple days. (As a quick additional note, for those wondering why I've been logging into MA without contact in this thread: my homepage is set to the forum, so anytime I start Firefox I'll automatically log in. I haven't actually been on the forum reading in a couple weeks since I stopped getting new orders a while back.)

Sorry about the wait everyone, but rest assured that all orders will be filled soon and probably stuffed with free bonus discs to make up for the hassle. No scams, no trickery, no theft- just life and all its bullshit finding ways to interrupt everything we plan as usual.

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:05 am 

I had been feeling pretty weird for a little while about this whole situation, because on one hand, it made no sense to me that you, a long-time trader/seller with a reputation to uphold, would suddenly take up scammery, and on the other hand, it would take one seriously drastic turn of events to tie up all the loose ends we've been thinking about here.

But taking you at your word, that's one drastic turn of events. For what it's worth, you can consider my mind set at ease over this.

SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:16 pm 

More packages sent out yesterday; all outstanding orders that haven't already been shipped will be sent on Monday. Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding and I hope you enjoy your new music when you get it. Again, if anyone doesn't receive their packages within a couple weeks, let me know and we'll get it sorted out.

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 pm 

SharpAndSlender wrote:
all outstanding orders that haven't already been shipped will be sent on Monday.

Following my last-minute claim, I got a refund from Paypal today.
If a parcel shows up before end of month (as it is supposed to have been ultimately shipped on Monday March 5), I'll make a paypal again.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm 

And my part in this epic saga has come to a close: just received the order today. A nice haul of metal to brighten up an extraordinarily rainy day. :np: Everything's in great condition, booklets are spotless.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:44 pm 

I'll resend the funds from Paypal on my next pay period as well, thats IF my package ever shows up.

Under_Starmere wrote:

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:47 pm 

Same for me - I got my refund and I will happily send it back on receipt of the package. I have no desire to stiff anyone. Indeed I wouldn't even have needed to elevate from dispute to claim so soon if the system hadn't forced me to (perhaps it does this when another claim has been raised?).

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 pm 

Got my package today. Good stuff.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:24 am 

Its going on the 20th and I'm still waiting for my items, not that it matters to Noktorn the scammer.

Under_Starmere wrote:

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:46 am 

I'm still waiting too, but I'm assuming it is somewhere en route.

jute
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:54 pm 

I placed an order in early February and it has still not arrived, nor has Noktorn responded to the three e-mails I've sent.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:51 pm 

To be fair, he hasn't updated his blog either. He's either dead, busy, or somehow unable to reach a computer or a post office.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 am 

Bump

Nearly three months and still nothing. Has anyone received anything in the mail yet?

Under_Starmere wrote:

little_raven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 am 

And here I was being all happy browsing his collection until I read the whole thread.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:23 pm 

Bump

Under_Starmere wrote:

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:30 pm 

Veracs wrote:
Bump

Nearly three months and still nothing. Has anyone received anything in the mail yet?

As you can see, at least two people have since Noktorn's last appearance. I haven't, though. I guess he only mailed some of the packages out.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:11 pm 

Yeah, nothing here either. Did he actually mail stuff to people who got refunds though?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next