Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 am 

does anyone know any bands similar to Necrophobic??

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:16 am 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
does anyone know any bands similar to Necrophobic??

Belphegor, God Dethroned, Unanimated and Sacramentum would all be worth a look.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 pm 

americanholocaust wrote:
Can anybody recommend anything like Morpheus Descends? A really grimy evil sound from the early nineties, sort of Incantation or early Benediction? All tempos would be nice too, don't want just slow or fast..

I second Necrophiliac, Citadel of Mirrors is killer, sick cover too.

Take a look at Conscious Rot (from Lithuania of all places) very bass heavy, weird stuff.

Baphomet - 'The Dead Shall Inherit' is a pretty obvious one, since they were part of the NY scene back in the day. More Benediction-y than some of the other bands to my ears.

Imprecation might be worth a look too, very evil stuff with black metal aesthetics.

I didn't see anybody mention Purtenance when talking of some of the old Finnish bands, did I? Check out 'Member of Immortal Damnation'.

There are tons of younger bands playing very Incantation-inspired stuff. Take a look at some of the threads about new old school dm bands, or check out obvious soundalikes like Father Befouled or Cruciamentum.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:05 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for some Death Metal in the vein of Cryptopsy's "Blasphemy Made Flesh"; grindish drums, a bass that sounds clanky and extremely fast blast beats, please.

Please!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 pm 

Quote:
Imprecation might be worth a look too, very evil stuff with black metal aesthetics.

Which album?

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:10 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
Thexhumed wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for some Death Metal in the vein of Cryptopsy's "Blasphemy Made Flesh"; grindish drums, a bass that sounds clanky and extremely fast blast beats, please.

Please!

Kataklysm's debut maybe? It's about the closest I can think of off the top of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtR7tUG0 ... ure=fvwrel
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Quote:

Which album?

A great suggestion to my knowledge they have one album and that is technically a compilation
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Im ... umma/16048
Great stuff like Incantation meets Bolt Thrower.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:49 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:
Kataklysm's debut maybe? It's about the closest I can think of off the top of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtR7tUG0 ... ure=fvwrel

I'd listened to that album before already, thanks anyway (I had kind of forgotten it)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:09 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:

Try Melancholy Pessimism's debut album, although it's more in the vein of None So Vile, with your typical Czech weirdness. And since you're at it give !T.O.O.H.! a run as well, Order And Punishment is the way to go.

Hayisforhorses wrote:
A great suggestion to my knowledge they have one album and that is technically a compilation
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Im ... umma/16048
Great stuff like Incantation meets Bolt Thrower.

That's the best record from them, but beware as they're very very savage! :lol:

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:40 am 

andersbang wrote:
Baphomet - 'The Dead Shall Inherit' is a pretty obvious one, since they were part of the NY scene back in the day. More Benediction-y than some of the other bands to my ears.

I will check out your suggestions as soon as I can, your stock went up when you posted this. ;) I love the Baphomet/Banished shit.

My Ebay Store

MrDisgrace
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:13 am 

I'm looking for Dying Fetus kinda stuff, as in, bands with alternating Low/high vocals, riffing that, while technical, doesn't go overboard with the technicality and sounds "catchy" and groovy passages.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:57 am 

MrDisgrace wrote:
I'm looking for Dying Fetus kinda stuff, as in, bands with alternating Low/high vocals, riffing that, while technical, doesn't go overboard with the technicality and sounds "catchy" and groovy passages.

Is Misery Index too obvious?!

MrDisgrace
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:23 am 

androdion wrote:
MrDisgrace wrote:

Is Misery Index too obvious?!

It is, I already know them :P

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:13 pm 

Yeah, I've got nothing then. Sorry mate.

DemonX99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 pm 

Hi guys, I'm looking for bands similar to a new band I've recently heard, Plague Widow. They play an extremely fast, buzzing, dark style of deathgrind, with small hints of black metal. I know that they have a lot of influence from Portal; it's also faintly reminiscent of Incantation, Circle of Dead Children, and Gigan. Thanks to anyone who can help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUNHufIC ... r_embedded

Last edited by DemonX99 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm 

best death metal album of 2012 so far = Horrendous - The Chills.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:48 am 

Nahsil wrote:

Deathhammer wants a word with you! :p

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:56 pm 

I will see what he wants and report back :)

edit: haven't been able to find a copy. M-A says it's thrash though?

also, Lvcifyre is badass 2012 dm as well, reminds me of Ignivimous a bit. 2012 may be shaping up to be a good year for dm.

SmithMetal84
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 pm 

DemonX99 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm looking for bands similar to a new band I've recently heard, Plague Widow. They play an extremely fast, buzzing, dark style of deathgrind, with small hints of black metal. I know that they have a lot of influence from Portal; it's also faintly reminiscent of Incantation, Circle of Dead Children, and Gigan. Thanks to anyone who can help!

If you're looking for Portal-ish bands, check out Impetuous Ritual.

SmithMetal84
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:36 pm 

Nahsil wrote:

That album fucking kills.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
I will see what he wants and report back :)

edit: haven't been able to find a copy. M-A says it's thrash though?

also, Lvcifyre is badass 2012 dm as well, reminds me of Ignivimous a bit. 2012 may be shaping up to be a good year for dm.

What are the chances of a band having the same name as the new Asphyx album and an album released this year?! I was referring to Asphyx's new album by the way, but I agree that The Chills is very good.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:17 pm 

DemonX99 wrote:

You should check out Grave Miasma!
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gra ... 3540290097

Glad to see all these metal help threads are on top! :-P

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 am 

MrDisgrace wrote:

Try: Severe Torture (Sworn Vengeance), Blood Red Throne (Souls Of Damnation), and Disfigured. A bit more brutal and still tech-ish would be Abominable Putridity, who's newest album is very good. Could also try Beyond Creation (The Aura), which is very technical but not constantly like some others are - a very good album/band.

Hermit life
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:23 pm 

death metal similar to the Norwegian death metal band "molested?"

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 am 

I'm looking for some really morbid death metal that sticks mostly to a mid tempo pace and also includes male clean vocals. Think Autopsy with more emphasis on groove and occasional crooning in the vein of what Dan Swano does (or Morbid Angel's God of Emptiness, for that matter). Anything like that, folks?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 pm 

DemonX99 wrote:

Check out Mitochondrion. http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mitochondrion/14732

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:02 pm 

Does anyone else here love Edge of Sanity's Unorthodox? The variety in songwriting is just insane. ''Enigma'' is already a huge standout; it starts a bit silly but the chorus eventually kicks in which is boosted by that majestic keyboard line and the track sounds pretty complex for its time I think Then you get ''Incipience to the Butchery'' which is short but still great and somehow reminds me of early Cannibal Corpse, ''A Curfew for the Damned (...Blind Belief)'' is total headbang material, man this album rules!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:57 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Does anyone else here love Edge of Sanity's Unorthodox? The variety in songwriting is just insane. ''Enigma'' is already a huge standout; it starts a bit silly but the chorus eventually kicks in which is boosted by that majestic keyboard line and the track sounds pretty complex for its time I think Then you get ''Incipience to the Butchery'' which is short but still great and somehow reminds me of early Cannibal Corpse, ''A Curfew for the Damned (...Blind Belief)'' is total headbang material, man this album rules!

I share the feeling. ;) But then again I'm pretty biased about everything on the EOS catalogue, apart from Cryptic which is very much the same to me as HVP is to Bolt Thrower, a good album without the proper singer behind it.

Unorthodox to me is where the prog/gothic rock leanings began to arise in their songwriting, later to be developed in the following album and perfected in Purgatory Afterglow, so in the end I do like the album a lot.

kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 am 

MrDisgrace -

Criminal Element (an offshoot of Misery Index...I think they beat them too)
Internal Bleeding (last two albums)
Prophecy (lots of bands with that name...the ones with the album Foretold Forseen and Our Domain)

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:27 am 

DemonX99 wrote:

Plague Widow is pretty much the younger brother of Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire so you should look into them. Same hyper-speed chaotic dissonant riffing, thick atmosphere, and occasional groovy parts. And not to be THAT GUY but I think they [Plague Widow] just jumped on a split my band is on so keep an eye out for that in addition to the EP they'r putting out any time now
http://youtu.be/OETScGS00qQ

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:58 pm 

Drawn and Quartered are quite nice. I might like them better than some of the stuff put out by the bands they emulate.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:31 pm 

Lvcifyre is another good death metal band and in their case reminds me mostly of Immolation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLFkSCjB ... re=related

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:30 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
Drawn and Quartered are quite nice. I might like them better than some of the stuff put out by the bands they emulate.

Drawn and Quartered are gnarly. I saw them with OzzyApu last year and am the proud owneer of a tshirt.

Edit: I think this was the case, I was pretty hammered when I saw them....

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 am 

Any recs from early 1990s melodic death metal along the lines of Eucharist or At the Gates's Alf-era material?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:29 am 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
Any recs from early 1990s melodic death metal along the lines of Eucharist or At the Gates's Alf-era material?

Try A Canorous Quintet, Gates Of Ishtar and Sacrilege if you don't know them.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 pm 

Can you guys recommend me some good death metal from sweden with lyrics sung in swedish? It can be any type of death metal though, not just swedeath. The two bands I already found are Few Against Many and Vanhelgd.

nicor333
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:29 am 

Any recs for good death metal bands with only ONE guitarist?

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:43 pm 

Krisiun, Cattle Decapitation

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Eli_the_Destroyer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:21 pm 

Can somebody remind me the name of a band from Poland, they were very short lived, only one demo, and Piotr from VADER was involved, i believe he played all the solos. Great demo and i NEED to remember the name of the band!!!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Kin ... ab_members

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 290  Next