* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:55 am 

Hello,

I recieved the following rejection mail:

You'll need to reformat the review. Please separate the paragraphs with two enter strokes instead of just one; as they are, the reviews are stuck together, and the review is pretty as a brick. Correcting this will improve the readability and looks of the review a lot.

I did seperate the paragraphs with two enter strokes then I re-submitted the review to recieve the same rejection mail again. What's the problem?

Thanks.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:55 am 

Because the paragraphs look like this:
Quote:
Herein I will give a simple description of the album adopting the clear and understandable way used by the band in their introduction track.
This record is A FUCK YOU to all the pretentious metal musicians and bedroom black metal projects nowadays rising from everywhere! Also to what is referred to as modernized black metal or whatever clichés they are using to describe it.
I already listened to most of the Lebanese metal releases so far if not all and this CD is clearly a step above especially in production. Don’t get me wrong this is not the Lebanese metal masterpiece but an average black metal album.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 am 

Well I consider this as the same paragraph in fact two different paragraphs are seperated by two enter. When there is only one enter that mean it's not a new paragraph but another idea in the same paragraph. I just modified that.

Last edited by GraveWish on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am 

GraveWish wrote:
Well I consider this as the same paragraph in fact two different paragraphs are seperated by two enter. When there is only one enter that mean it's not a new paragraph but another idea in the same paragraph. I will modify that.

Yup. No enters in the ends of sentences, and it looks good. Don't know about the contents yet...

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 am 

GraveWish wrote:
Well I consider this as the same paragraph in fact two different paragraphs are seperated by two enter. When there is only one enter that mean it's not a new paragraph but another idea in the same paragraph. I just modified that.

That's not the way it works, as far as I remember. Actually, the two enters things is done for stuff written digitally. Back in the day, when we used to do most of the stuff by hand, there was no equivalent for two enters, and separating one sentence from the rest meant moving to a new paragraph (AKA "full stop")

Reply to topic