Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 224386
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 am 

I've never come in contact with any band member (except for the local shitty ones, but they don't count in my case) but I HAVE chatted with Exhorder's singer Kyle Thomas, bassist Frankie Sparcello, and guitarist Vinnie LaBella -- and they all seem very friendly as we were having some decent conversations. In Kyle's case, he was kind enough to participate in an e-mail interview about Exhorder.

I have also chatted with former Dark Angel guitarist Jim Durkin but he comes off as awkward and unresponsive. However, I *did* speak to former Cirith Ungol guitarist Jim Barraza and we spoke about some of our favorite traditional metal bands and says he is always on the lookout for bands he's never heard of before. Really nice guy even though we only spoke for a few minutes. Nice.

jizzomatic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:08 am 

Dax Riggs is a real cool guy. He acted like he was on every drug known to man, but still, real cool

Soulofsteel820
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 am 

Anders Nyström was so fucking chill. He spoke with me and my friends for a good fifteen minutes and said that he was writing a new Diabolical Masquerade album.

Swallow the Sun were also fucking awesome, especially Mikko, who went with us on a magical journey through Bowery Ballroom to find a place to smoke.

http://www.last.fm/user/Soulofsteel820

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:10 am 

Soulofsteel820 wrote:
Anders Nyström was so fucking chill. He spoke with me and my friends for a good fifteen minutes and said that he was writing a new Diabolical Masquerade album.

!!!!!!!
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

NeglectedField
Onwards to Camulodunum!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am 

There's lots of people I've wanted to meet, but on second thought not many I would have anything interesting to say bar the usual compliments, knowing that most people are just...normal. I think the exceptions would be Enslaved (I met Grutle briefly but he was on his phone) and Alan from Primordial (we tried to coax him into an all-nighter in Hamburg after Heidenfest 08 but there was an early bus call). Meeting Immortal was pretty funny, though their management are pretty arsey.

euronymous1993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 pm 

I've been backstage with Lemmy from Motorhead, i was partly organising the gig. He came with his Slot Machine and played it all along before the show. I talked to him a few times and he was very nice.

tormentedfuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:51 pm 

Have meet , played shows with and hung out with hundreds of bands
the coolest and nicest were probally EXHUMED and IMPALED all those guys were very nice to everyone and they were a blast to hang out with.
Will rahmer is a great guy also.

Biggest dicks i ever met DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN
really the only ones i can think of , allmost knocked out there manager long story...

GluttedOnNihility
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:53 pm 

BlastManStanding wrote:
Here's an interesting one - Kam Lee. Now from what I've heard before he's an A-class douche in the metal world, but when I talked with him online he was surprisingly cool and appreciative each time. However, I have seen his temper in ugly mode (right after the blowout with Terry Butler & Rick Rozz forcing him to put the final nail in Massacre's coffin), and based on that behavior I can understand in a way why he's looked upon so negatively.

To be fair, Rick Rozz is a horrible, horrible asshole with an absolutely massive ego who tries to flaunt his superiority even though he was the one who was largely responsible for Massacre's demise.

GluttedOnNihility
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:24 pm 

Only musician that I ever met was David Davidson at Canobie Lake Park. Funny story, actually. I was in the line for the Frisbee and I saw this dude in a Toxik shirt right in front of me. I started chatting him up, talking about metal and shit, and I brought up Revocation. After a bit, he laughed and said that he was the vocalist and guitarist for Revocation. Yeah, we were chatting for a fair bit. Really nice guy.

As for what I've been told by friends:

John Gallagher - A bit standoffish, but it was late at night and he was incredibly tired and had a migraine. He apparently apologized for being rude and said that he was just really burned out.

Frank Mullen - Really cool, down-to-earth guy.

Seth - Was apparently staggeringly drunk and nigh incoherent.

Luc Lemay - Soft-spoken and fairly quiet, but a nice guy nonetheless.

Martin Van Drunen and the whole of HoB - Incredibly nice guys, apparently tossed my friend a beer to say hi.

Mille Petrozza - Fucking arrogant asshole.

Gene Hoglan - Total character, apparently a ton of fun to talk to

Guys from Vektor - Fucking awesome, were apparently taking hits from a gigantic bong when my friend stopped by their backstage area. Quite a bit of nerd discussion going on, not to mention that Erik was apparently playing Henry Hatsworth on his DS.

Mohammed Suicmez - Was apparently a condescending, self-aggrandizing asshole who was incredibly rude to everyone not in the band or on their crew.

Guys from Enforcer - Loud, a ton of fun, and just completely awesome overall. Olof apparently signed my friend's cigarette lighter.

Guys from Cattle Decapitation - My friend walked in right in the middle of a heated game of Mario Kart 64. After jokingly chiding him for messing them up, they lightened up and were apparently a ton of fun. My friend said he later went up against Dave in a game of Marvel VS Capcom 2.

Guys from Grayceon - Really nice, but try hitting on Jackie if you want to get your ass thrown out along with various derisive comments made about your virginity and your penis size. My friend witnessed that happening to some random drunk guy after a show.

Tom Angelripper - A character, totally devoted to the fans.

Dragonforce - Bunch of fucking assholes aside from Fred, who was apparently a pretty damn nice guy. My cousin had to deal with these cocksuckers several years back at the Verizon in Manchester, NH when he was on the cleanup crew for the Mayhem Fest.

Certaindeath5678
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:29 pm 

Ok so I just went to Incantation's last Onward To Golgotha show in Cleveland two days ago, and it was by far one of THE best shows I have ever been to, I've been in contact with Sam Inzerra from Funerus(the opening band with McEntee and his wife), Mortician, and Morpheus Descends on facebook for awhile now, the dude instantly recognized me when I got to the door and everybody was outside, it was killer, I took photos with everyone, Sam let me watch Incantation rehearse before the doors even opened, it was just straight totally fucking cool.
We also spoke about how the fifth song on Morpheus Descend's Chronicles record came to be ect, old shows, my old band, ect. Sam is just an all around cool dude...

The power went out during the second opening band's set for about an hour and I got to talk to Sam and John and Jill McEntee for about a good 40 minutes I'd say, I got to discuss various shit with John about relapse, Profanatica, Revenant, Mortal Throne album, Incan's clone bands ect it almost felt like I was interviewing him casually, me and Sam and Jill just talked about random shit hahahaha it was killer, Jill kissed me on the cheek too which I thought was hilarious and cool too it was funny.

Both Funerus and Incantation dedicated songs to me too, it was crazy!!! Incantation sent out Profanation to me, John was like "I written this this song with a guy named Paul Ledney, he's a bit of a silly fucker" and he smiled at me because we were talking about how big of a freak he is hahaha, then he said "This song goes out to Travis for traveling out here from Detroit, if you see him on facebook add him because he says fucked up shit!!!", also was interviewed by the guy directing Afterparty Massacre for an upcoming Incan DVD...got about 200 pics with me with them and of them performing...just an all around crazy, awesome night. Holy fuck it was awesome!!!! Definitely some of the nicest people in music I've ever met...

Certaindeath5678
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:05 pm 

Here are some killer pics I'm willing to share

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 2530_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 1479_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 5146_n.jpg

http://l24.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 6573_n.jpg

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:23 am 

I remember being stoked when Carcass played in Oakland back in, around 1990? or so- I was really into that band back then. I ended up meeting the guitarist at their merchandise table; it wasnt Bill Steer though, it was the Swedish guy; the one who ended up in Arch Enemy (cant think of his name right now.) He was just a session player who was sort of a "hired gun" for the tour but he seemed pretty cool to talk to. Most of the touring bands who played the bigger clubs in the Oakland/San Fran area typically didnt really mingle with the crowd, so I thought it was cool I at least got to meet one of my then-favorate band members (even if he wasnt one of the "Core" members, whatever- Arch Enemy is a decent band too.)

tormentedfuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:34 am 

i would have to add john from incantation to the list of my fav band guys , hung out several times and i interviewed him once.

Sigilus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 am 

AngelWitch666 wrote:
I've never come in contact with any band member

AngelWitch666 wrote:
I HAVE chatted with Exhorder's singer...

Is it only me that does not understand this?

And to contribute to the thread, I've never met a real metal musician.
I am a bedroom dweller.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:26 pm 

These days of the internet, facebook and all that crap, it is possible for someone like AngelWitch666 to chat with someone without actually coming into contact with them. I'm assuming that's what he meant. Although depending on how you define "contact, "even online chatting might be considered contact. I dunno, for me, it has to be face to face interaction.

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:36 pm 

A finally remembered a Douche bag encounter, but It's not from a Metal band. Okay, so about 2 months ago I go with the female down to Detroit to see the Misfits. This Jerry guy, HUUUUUUGE Douche bag. They're playing and everything. A bunch of people have climbed on the edge of the stage - about 7 or 8 ft up from the ground. A couple songs go by and nothing eventful, but then in the middle of maybe the 4th or 5th song this Douche stop playing and singing, signals his band to stop and then starts yelling into the mic 'GET OFF THE FUCKING STAGE!' Out of nowhere, kicks (literally, with his foot) this one chick off the stage and has her dragged out of the venue by security. Really man? Not even a warning?

Complete Douche.

What do you mean by that? How quickly I reply?

tormentedfuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:24 pm 

MetalHeadNorm wrote:
A finally remembered a Douche bag encounter, but It's not from a Metal band. Okay, so about 2 months ago I go with the female down to Detroit to see the Misfits. This Jerry guy, HUUUUUUGE Douche bag. They're playing and everything. A bunch of people have climbed on the edge of the stage - about 7 or 8 ft up from the ground. A couple songs go by and nothing eventful, but then in the middle of maybe the 4th or 5th song this Douche stop playing and singing, signals his band to stop and then starts yelling into the mic 'GET OFF THE FUCKING STAGE!' Out of nowhere, kicks (literally, with his foot) this one chick off the stage and has her dragged out of the venue by security. Really man? Not even a warning?

Complete Douche.

Damm i had heard about jerry doing that down here in my area too , i didn't go because i don't like the misfits post danzig

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:22 pm 

^ You didn't miss out on much.

What do you mean by that? How quickly I reply?

BlackenedThrasher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 am 

Me and my friend met John Kevill from Warbringer right before their set, really cool guy, he actually ask us if we wanted to hear a particular song, when end up asking him to Shadow from the tomb and even gave us a shout-out, was pretty awesome.

Also met David Disanto & Erik Nelson from Vektor, pretty rad duds, David Disanto is pretty chill guy, always smiling, he love my Destruction back patch i had on, cause thats one of his influence, and Erik Nelson is a pretty welcome dude.
I just remember when i went to go buy their CD & shirt, they had a deal where you can buy a CD & a shirt from 20 bucks, i had like 15 bucks, (was counting my coins, when Erik notice that i didn't have much, end up letting me buying both for just 15, which i thought was rad.)

Haven't met any douchebags.. yet.

Germaniac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:16 pm 

MetalHeadNorm wrote:

Complete Douche.

That sounds like asshole-behavior, but outside the stage from what I heard from my friend he seemed like a cool guy. They were playing two shows in Finland at the same venue, and my friend who was at the first show met him after the gig, and Jerry gave him free tickets said that he can invite his friends too, so he offered it to me. I'm not a Misfits fan but they have some cool songs and from what I remember I enjoyed that free show.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:18 pm 

MEt and shook hands with Joel grind. very down to earth, and possibly one of the most appreciative band members i've ever met.

-The bassist and lead also the vocalist from impending doom. recognized me form a different show, also down to earth and very appreciative

Lead guitarist from Daath, fucking Awesome guy, if not a little crazy

Lead guitar form Oceano, very shy, kinda odd guy

DOUCHE: Drummer from Daath (looked like keving bacon's twin borther)Didn't meet him, but a chick i was next to asked for a drum stick and he shotyed back "Sorry, I only give them to the cute girls!" I almost shat myself

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

CaptainHookdick114
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:29 pm 

I met a few of the bands when I saw Tyr and Korpiklaani back in January. The guys from Tyr were awesome, I spoke to the Drummer and Bassist for awhile about playing music. Swashbuckle played too, and those guys are fucking cool. They were pretty much doing the set up and tech work and I was able to speak to Pat Henry (Admiral Nobeard) for a few minutes in between all of that. He was incredibly humble and a very funny dude.

Other than that, I met the singer from Taking Dawn after they opened for Sonata Arctica and Dragonforce. I was leaving early because Dragonforce were headlining for some unknown reason and I ran into him on the way out. He was a really nice dude and once he found out i was leaving early he took the tour poster I picked up and had the rest of the band sign it for me. I've never had any douchebag experiences save for my entire local music scene.

6Xul66
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
MEt and shook hands with Joel grind. very down to earth, and possibly one of the most appreciative band members i've ever met.

-The bassist and lead also the vocalist from impending doom. recognized me form a different show, also down to earth and very appreciative

DOUCHE: Drummer from Daath (looked like keving bacon's twin borther)Didn't meet him, but a chick i was next to asked for a drum stick and he shotyed back "Sorry, I only give them to the cute girls!" I almost shat myself

I can imagen Kevin Talley (Daath Drummer) being a complete obnoxious douche bag, from watching interviews with him.

Jormungandr_Sorvali
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:40 pm 

DaBuddha wrote:
King ov Hell was the biggest douche I've ever had the misfortune of talking with. It was over AOL messenger and he was just so arrogant. I about told him to piss off.

All the people I've met in person have been really cool guys. All of Immortal, Xaphan from Kult ov Azazel, Richard Mills from GBK, Tom G. Warrior, Kerry King (believe it or not), the guys from CoF etc. Still pissed I got fucked out of meeting Emperor twice though.

You've met Immortal? I envy the fuck out of you.

GluttedOnNihility
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:17 pm 

6Xul66 wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:

I can imagen Kevin Talley (Daath Drummer) being a complete obnoxious douche bag, from watching interviews with him.

From what I've heard, yeah, he is. Guy I know who roadied for DF back in 2000 said that he was a dumbass who wouldn't shut the fuck up at best and a godawful fucking DICK at worst, to the point where John had to tell him to "sit down, shut your bitch mouth, and leave us the fuck alone" more than once because he was coming very close to getting his ass beat by the road crew. Come to think of it, one of the lighting guys decked him and knocked him out cold one night when he was drunk and making jokes about people with Down's, which was significant because the lighting guy in question had an older sister with the condition. NOBODY liked Talley.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:17 am 

GluttedOnNihility wrote:
6Xul66 wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:

From what I've heard, yeah, he is. Guy I know who roadied for DF back in 2000 said that he was a dumbass who wouldn't shut the fuck up at best and a godawful fucking DICK at worst, to the point where John had to tell him to "sit down, shut your bitch mouth, and leave us the fuck alone" more than once because he was coming very close to getting his ass beat by the road crew. Come to think of it, one of the lighting guys decked him and knocked him out cold one night when he was drunk and making jokes about people with Down's, which was significant because the lighting guy in question had an older sister with the condition. NOBODY liked Talley.

It seems is a total douchebag. What a stupid guy. That thing he said to that girl is stupid and idiotic. He's a total shit

tormentedfuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:05 am 

6Xul66 wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:

Ahhh yes KEVIN TALLEY allmost forgot about this rockstar premadonna
he in fact is a douche!!! or atleast he was the one time i met him
A friend and i went to see dying fetus/gorguts/skinless
we were hangin in the back with sparky from DF and i remember everyone on the tour hangin out with the fans and being cool as fuck accept for one guy the drummer from DF kevin talley!!!
He was in another room warming up so i decided to go check him out
well when he noticed i was watching he stoped playing and got up and slammed the door in my face!!!
He also spit on a girl that night and allmost got his ass beat.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:27 am 

^ He is a douche then.

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:22 am 

The guys from Amon Amarth are really cool, as are Corpsegrinder and Alex and L.G from Entombed. Got pictures with all of 'em, Johan Hegg is a real awesome guy.

Never met a douchey musician, but I'm willing to bet that the singer of Harm's Way, a powerviolence/hardcore band I saw a while back is a bot of a twat. Straightedge, and overly muscular (which is admittedly impressive)? Huge case of short bloke syndrome.

For referance...

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Sepulturafreak
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:31 am 

^ looks like a fucking moron to me.

pyroleprechaun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:52 pm 

Even though threads like these can be interesting, I don't like them. Some random poster meets a band member, and if the musician isn't happy 24/7, he is a reported asshole, and rumors spread or exaggerate. A perfect example would be how everyone says Pathology is filled with assholes. I've hung out with Dave Astor twice and ex-guitarist Tim once for a long time, and they were all really nice dudes.

Also, even if the musician is, in fact, a douche, I would prefer not to know. I don't care about their personalities and views, just their music

Everyone I've met has been super nice. Herb from Drawn and Quartered (MASSIVE fan of metal and the local scene), Joel Grind of Toxic Holocaust, Erik and a guitarist from Watain, John Gallagher of Dying Fetus, Derek Boyer from Suffocation, Shawn Whitaker of Insidious Decrepancy, the vocalist of Gospel of the Horns (well pretty much every Australian musician I've met has been cool as fuck), Eric from Deeds of Flesh, most everyone in Pestilence, dudes in Warbringer, etc. etc.

DunnRiffHorror_EHSB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:49 pm 

NuttersaurusRex wrote:
ApochWeiss wrote:
Brann Dailor

I talked to Brann at a Mastodon show on the Leviathan tour, not long after they had signed to Warner Brothers. Definitely a nice, friendly, down to earth guy. Very easy to converse with. I'm a huge Today Is The Day fan and he was completely cool about talking about being in that band, which is surprising.

Rich Hoak and Kevin Sharp of Brutal Truth are super nice guys. Didn't talk to Dan too much. I'd consider Rich a friend, since we have hooked each other up with shows, he's appeared on my band's records and we always try to meet up when we're in each others neck of the woods.

Andy and Eric from The Endless Blockade. Same thing. Great guys.

Emelie and Michele from Monarch. Completely cool, laid back, down to earth people who are dedicated and love what they do.

German grind band Cyness were all nice dudes. Very interesting people. Super stoked to be doing what they do.

Lots of people from the noise/drone/experimental/whatever community I could mention as well. There are many good dealings I've had with other musicians. I've tried to forget the bad ones. I've had worse dealings with promoters than actual bands themselves, but that's another story.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 am 

Most people I've met have been nice. Especially here in Southeast Asia, the guys in all the black/ death metal bands are very friendly and always want to drink with you.

Only bad one so far was back when I was in Exeter and caught Norther live there. Petri Lindroos was a little bitch. They opened for Turisas in the Cavern, which is a fairly small venue. Went up to the guy to chat to him and tell him I enjoyed Norther's stuff (which at the time I still did, bit of a melodic phase) and asked how he was doing. "Terrible, look at this place", he said. "Always the same in Britain". Obviously very sore about not playing stadiums like Bodom were doing and looks down his nose at small indie venues like the Cavern which by the way is a great little pub. I don't mind him aspiring to playing bigger venues, everyone does and should, but would have appreciated it if the miserable lanky fellow had enough manners not to insult people's countries and local pubs.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 am 

The only metal musicians I've met are Wino and Janick Gers. Wino's just as intense as people say he is... but nice if you don't act like a twat. Janick's very friendly and humble, he lives about 10 minutes away from my parent's house back in Yorkshire, so I've ran into him a few times; once in Top Man in Middlesbrough. :lol:

Both were shorter than I expected.

amitoz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:13 pm 

matt drake was really awesome to hang out with, got him too sign my albums

its funny bc he was like a METAL GOD onstage..snarling and everything..but offstage hes a polite british gentleman.. lol

amitoz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 pm 

matt drake was really awesome to hang out with, got him too sign my albums

its funny bc he was like a METAL GOD onstage..snarling and everything..but offstage hes a polite british gentleman.. lol

ApochWeiss
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:42 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
ApochWeiss wrote:
Actually, few more to mention (years of PR and radio DJ shit haha)

Hell Within: All awesome guys, and the drummer was cool and talked about how he got his gear set up for live shows.

Misery Signals...well...met them. As much as I hate their music, they were actually really cool to talk to. Of course, this was before I saw 'em live and knew who they were haha.

Joel of Killswitch is a VERY tall man, but he was a very cool guy and met with any fans around.

Corpsegrinder was outside a concert in my area, and he was walking down the line of fans waiting to get in, talking to 'em, taking photos, signing shit...and women's chests...haha. Definitely a cool guy.

Slayer's security guards...TOTAL DOUCHEBAGS! Holy FUCK! I did an interview, exited the venue, and went the way I came. I didn't know Slayer's tour bus had shown in that 30 minutes. Next thing I know their security guards are chasing my fat ass around the front of the venue. Luckily I left my car unlocked, got in there and sped away until the heat cooled down. Fuckers.

Was that when Jesse James was doing security for Slayer?

Haha wait, he did security for Slayer? I dunno, I didn't stay long enough to find out. if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't be telling that tale...

Got to interview Dave Brockie a few days ago from Gwar. Didn't talk to him long cause he had an instore (it was over the phone) but he seems like a really cool guy. I doubt he'd stay long to just chat with fans though, he came off as the kinda guy who's always busy doing something, but he was one of the more easy to talk to guys I interviewed.

IronTusk704
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:56 pm 

I've met a ton of nice ones, and never a mean one.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:32 am 

Last edited by sushiman on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:10 am 

Off the top of my head I haven't really met any guys I'd consider utter douchebags. All the bands I've met (whether knowing they were in a band or not--I'm embarrassed about the times I've talked to someone random at a show and realized later that they were performing later that night.. oops...) have been polite to me, great for general metal discussion, and a couple of them are what I'd call friends to me. To be fair, I don't know that many guys in hugely popular namedrop-worthy bands who I assume would be more likely to be big-headed about their band's popularity but even those guys have been pretty cool for the most part.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next