Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShadeOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:37 pm 

All right. I posted a review for Death Angel's newest album for about a week ago, and still non of the mods have reviewed it. I'm starting to get pretty annoyed, so if any mods see this, please view my submission. I don't care if it's rejected, because it's easy to submit it again with some changes. So please just hurry up!

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:17 pm 

It's been there for 4 days.

No, I will leave it until everything else has been processed. We don't like impatient people here. :P

AnalogKid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm 

It takes a bit sometimes, but they do get a fair few reviews and no one gets paid for this. I've had it take a while to upload at times, but they always get around to it :thumbsup:

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:23 pm 

AnalogKid wrote:
It takes a bit sometimes, but they do get a fair few reviews and no one gets paid for this. I've had it take a while to upload at times, but they always get around to it :thumbsup:

How long does it normally take? I submitted a couple of them on the 18th of september, but they haven't been accepted yet.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:54 pm 

Weerwolf wrote:
AnalogKid wrote:

How long does it normally take? I submitted a couple of them on the 18th of september, but they haven't been accepted yet.

I know. Would you like to prove to us somehow that you actually wrote them yourself? It tends to speed up the process, in case we happen to find them elsewhere on the net.

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:14 pm 

Napero wrote:
Weerwolf wrote:
AnalogKid wrote:

I know. Would you like to prove to us somehow that you actually wrote them yourself? It tends to speed up the process, in case we happen to find them elsewhere on the net.

You're searching the internet to see wether the reviews are valid? That seems like a real hassle. But I don't mind that it takes longer. If I post reviews under a different monicker on a blog and submit them here as well. Is that allowed? Because then it's not possible to know wether they came from the same user?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:43 pm 

How about if someone in the situation Weerwolf just described logged into that blog and posted a message in the same post as the review that he is in fact the person posting them to this site with specific screen names cited? Would that be acceptable evidence of the two being the same individual, Nappy?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:33 am 

You won't need to do any acrobatics. Add a link to the site with the original, and make a mention on your profile, for example.

The recent Dimmu Borgir plagiarism cases obviously show that it's not 100% safe that way, either, but it at least shows that the reviewer acknowledges the earlier submissions on the net. As we saw in Dimmu Borgir's case, plagiarists still tend to get caught, and we do ban idiots weekly all the time.

So yeah, add a link to the original site to the end of the reviews in the future, will you.

horrorinfinity
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 am 

hi. i added a review for spectral silence "ruins..." demo some time ago. but nothing happend.is there a reason for that? if there are some mistakes in the review someone should let me know and i will amend the review.please answer my question.cheers

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.