Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
samrit86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm 

0kill wrote:
0kill wrote:
Quick question - are any of the Summoning demos worth downloading? If so, which ones are the best?

Anyone?

ALL OF THEM!

samrit86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:11 pm 

CrownOvHorns wrote:
Looking for "psychedelic" black metal, like Oranssi Pazuzu.

One word : Njiqahdda. I wrote about them few posts above.

Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:40 pm 

WrathOfVishnu wrote:
3rd, i want some bands similar to Oranssi Pazuzu, meaning, black metal with elements of 60/70's psychadelc rock/prog rock.

How about Angst Skvadron? I've only heard Flukt, but it seems to have some old school psychedelic rock influences. After a quick search, it does: "‘Flukt’ melds ’90s black metal with ’70s prog rock/metal."

Last edited by Perplexed_Sjel on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DawnOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 pm 

WrathOfVishnu wrote:
3rd, i want some bands similar to Oranssi Pazuzu, meaning, black metal with elements of 60/70's psychadelc rock/prog rock.

You should give Vediog Svaor a chance, seems to be exactly what you are looking for.

BlackenedThrasher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 am 

anyone recommend any bands similar to Judas Iscariot or Mütiilation? raw production sound & vocals.

oh! does anyone know any bands similar to Front Beast?

FredGarvin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 am 

BlackenedThrasher wrote:
anyone recommend any bands similar to Judas Iscariot or Mütiilation? raw production sound & vocals.

Bilskirnir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zJ4HKW ... AD&index=3

Clandestine Blaze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kJ1OMonA4w

Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:43 am 

BlackenedThrasher wrote:

oh! does anyone know any bands similar to Front Beast?

How about Black Circle from Sweden in regards to bands that sound like Judas Iscariot. Personally, though I like Judas Iscariot, I don't really enjoy Black Circle, but they are similar. There's also Anwech from Italy.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:45 am 

[quote="BlackenedThrasher"]anyone recommend any bands similar to Judas Iscariot or Mütiilation? raw production sound & vocals.quote]

Darkthrone - Panzerfaust, obviously.
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

samrit86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm 

Fialkinn wrote:
Black metal with forest sound?
Exists?

Velnias - Sovereign Nocturnal

Please check it out. Quite possible one of the best album I've heard.

mckickflip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:41 pm 

I have no idea how I should describe it - atmospheric/eerie black metal with a solid melody but incredibly fast drums?

I'm trying to find more BM in the vein of Neige et Noirceur's Philosophie Des Arts Occultes, specifically the black metal track (the rest is ambient).

Fialkinn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:33 am 

[quote="mckickflip"]I have no idea how I should describe it - atmospheric/eerie black metal with a solid melody but incredibly fast drums?

I'm trying to find more BM in the vein of Neige et Noirceur's Philosophie Des Arts Occultes, specifically the black metal track (the rest is ambient).[/quote

Limbonic art - Symphony in nightmares and moonlight

Magna_Thor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:29 am 

I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend me albums like:
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice of Steel

I love the clean production, vocals, overall ambiance, and overall instrument work in these albums.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:36 am 

Magna_Thor wrote:
I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend me albums like:
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

I love the clean production, vocals, overall ambiance, and overall instrument work in these albums.

In ref to the Drudkh rec try AX "Glare of Autumn" for a bit of Drudkh worship. Nokturnal Mortum new one is a bit of change in direction for them hard to pin down, the first track always reminds me of viking era Bathory (Blood,Fire,Death) for some reason, I think it is the way they used the choir like vocals in the background.

Artofgrind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:18 pm 

Alright can any one give me a list of old Black Metal With good production. I haven't listen to black metal in years and I been getting back into it but I have since lost my library of it. Thanks

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:05 pm 

grauer_mausling wrote:
HumanWaste5150 wrote:
I'm looking for some black metal bands that incorparate tons of 80s heavy metal and doom metal influence in their songs. I already some bands that fit this bill in one way or another which are GBK and Vlad Tepes at times. I know and care little for black metal most of the time so please don't assume I know the classics.

big damn lots of 80s heavy metal (but no doom, sorry) to be found on albums of Bewitched (Swe)
Especially their debut "Diabolical Desecration" kicks major ass and is pure Black Heavy Metal!
\m/

Thanks, I will check it out!
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

Last edited by HumanWaste5150 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm 

Artofgrind wrote:
Alright can any one give me a list of old Black Metal With good production. I haven't listen to black metal in years and I been getting back into it but I have since lost my library of it. Thanks

You mean anything that doesn't sound like Darkthrone? Then:

- Opera IX - The Call of the Wood 1994(Italian black metal with a pagan, occult and slight gothic aesthetic; keys, not overbearing though. There's only 5 songs clocking at 60 minutes, the opener being 18 minutes. They also have a female vocalist with very unique vocals, harsh and clean)

- Sigh - Scorn Defeat 1993(Japanese black metal with thrashy and doomy edges as well as a very dark sound)

There's also the classics like Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse or Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

mckickflip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm 

Fialkinn wrote:
mckickflip wrote:
I have no idea how I should describe it - atmospheric/eerie black metal with a solid melody but incredibly fast drums?

I'm trying to find more BM in the vein of Neige et Noirceur's Philosophie Des Arts Occultes, specifically the black metal track (the rest is ambient).[/quote

Limbonic art - Symphony in nightmares and moonlight

this was super good. thanks!

by the way, to whoever asked about doomy black metal: try Teitanblood if you haven't heard it, you might enjoy Wormwood or Deinonychus too

Thorr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:11 pm 

I'm looking for some depressive black metal. It's a genre I'm not very familiar with. I really enjoy all of the albums I've heard from Xasthur. I've tried to search for more bands, but I usually find bands like Happy Days, which I think sound terrible.

I'm also not really looking for "atmospheric" or "ambient" black metal. I'm already familiar with bands like Gris. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, it's just not what I'm looking for.

I wish I could describe more what I'm looking for, but I'm still a newbie to dsbm (or is there a difference between suicidal and depressive bm?)

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:40 pm 

Thorr wrote:
I'm looking for some depressive black metal. It's a genre I'm not very familiar with. I really enjoy all of the albums I've heard from Xasthur. I've tried to search for more bands, but I usually find bands like Happy Days, which I think sound terrible.

I'm also not really looking for "atmospheric" or "ambient" black metal. I'm already familiar with bands like Gris. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, it's just not what I'm looking for.

I wish I could describe more what I'm looking for, but I'm still a newbie to dsbm (or is there a difference between suicidal and depressive bm?)

DSBM which actually sounds good is what you're looking for, just like every other genre there's a bunch of absolute shit out there.

Try Leviathan (Tenth Sublevel of Suicide is pretty much the best album), Sterbend, Nyktalgia and Silencer.

Last edited by nex666 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 pm 

Fixing no posts for this topic..

~Guest 180699
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:05 am 

^^^ haha thanks i hate that...and to contribute to the thread for the people asking about dsbm recs i just wanted to say that Sui Caedere is awesome

Menschenfeindlic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 am 

samrit86 wrote:
Menschenfeindlic wrote:
I'm looking for a depressive black metal bands that sound like last something between gorgoroth last album(Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt ) and Thy light.

Didn't know Gorgoroth finally becomes depressive BM. BUT for really good depressive black metal bands check out :

Silencer
Gris
Sombres Forets
Trist (Czech Republic)
Nyktalgia
Nocturnal Depression
Totalselfhatred
Lifelover
Anti

Hope this helps, mate.

I didn't mean that gorgoroth is depressive black metal band,but guitar riffs in their last album tends to be in the depressive side and would be great if there is a depressive black metal band has guitar work like that album.
and i will check these bands,thanks a lot

Last.fm

mlockup
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 am 

Hi all,

I would like to suggest a new album, "Gnosis" by Tribe of Neptune to anyone that might like ambient black metal.

download: http://lastcandle.com/dl/tribe-of-neptu ... nosis.html
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... PuvDI8itT8

regards!

Necropleasurist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 am 

nex666 wrote:
Thorr wrote:

DSBM which actually sounds good is what you're looking for, just like every other genre there's a bunch of absolute shit out there.

Try Leviathan (Tenth Sublevel of Suicide is pretty much the best album), Sterbend, Nyktalgia and Silencer.

I second all of those (especially the Leviathan album!). My recommendations would be:

Krohm "A World Through Dead Eyes" - While not in the same vein as Sterbend, Nyktalgia, and other DSBM bands, this is a very dark and sad album, bordering doom metal sometimes. Has great production that drenches the listener in total apathy.

Sterbeklang "Alleinsein" - Demo from German nature-inspired DBM band that is very well played. Some really good riffs and unique vocals. I can't say much more than this is reaaaaalllllllly good.

Wedard - This band in general is the e pitome of melancholic black metal. Any song by this one-man German band is very depressing and has a bleak atmosphere that can only be executed with the reverb and echo provided. Top quality.

Thy Light "Suici.de.pression" - Typical DSBM in the vein of Nyktalgia and Sterbend, but better. For a demo, the quality is fair to good, but works well with the music. Excellent vocals, and the intro track is worth the listen alone!

The Ruins of Beverast - While Xasthur is a pretty unique sounding band, I think The Ruins of Beverast can do Malefic some justice. Not "depressive", but very atmospheric and has the wall of sound very similar to Xasthur. Worth a shot if you like Xasthur.

samrit86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 am 

nex666 wrote:
Thorr wrote:

Also try Trist (Czech Republic). Zrcadleni Melancholie is the album you should look out for.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:27 pm 

mlockup wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to suggest a new album, "Gnosis" by Tribe of Neptune to anyone that might like ambient black metal.

download: http://lastcandle.com/dl/tribe-of-neptu ... nosis.html
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... PuvDI8itT8

regards!

Thanks for this, sounds really good!

______
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm 

HumanWaste5150 wrote:
I'm looking for some black metal bands that incorparate tons of 80s heavy metal and doom metal influence in their songs. I already some bands that fit this bill in one way or another which are GBK and Vlad Tepes at times. I know and care little for black metal most of the time so please don't assume I know the classics.

Definitely check out Countess. They're pretty raw production wise but you can definitely hear a pretty big heavy metal influence on some of their albums such as "Holocaust of the God Believers" and "Spawn of Steel."

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=127

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:46 am 

______ wrote:
HumanWaste5150 wrote:

Definitely check out Countess. They're pretty raw production wise but you can definitely hear a pretty big heavy metal influence on some of their albums such as "Holocaust of the God Believers" and "Spawn of Steel."

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=127

The myspace tracks sound pretty good although not the biggest fan of the vocals although it's no big deal. I need to get some stuff from BW soon anyway so I'll get some of this stuff as well.
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

Kenji_Arikado
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:56 pm 

no one, recommend me black metal from brazil?

in any style(except DSBM and NSBM)...

glyndwr_2002
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 pm 

iAm wrote:
The origional post said big cocks in my ass in replace of that...
It was an edit by the mods, probably because I posted that particular band.

JESUS.

Quik.
EDIT:
Done posting in this thread... bye!

So what word is the edit on? I'm cornfused...

GhostlyGloom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 pm 

Thorr wrote:

Immediately came to mind or apprehensively came to mind was:

Sortsind - Sår: This album is just like the absolute pinnacle of maniacal hatred. That's really all I can use to describe it. It's really intense. The vocals are bar none the most.. I don't know? Demented/Deranged I've heard. His vocals are extremely angry/violent and it makes you think like he is backed up in a corner and he's just in his own little twisted world. For me personally he makes Nattramn sound like Celine Dion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5nHPD2p ... re=related <-- Is one of the songs from the album.

Hopefully it's what you're looking for.

samrit86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:20 pm 

GhostlyGloom wrote:
Thorr wrote:

Immediately came to mind or apprehensively came to mind was:

Sortsind - Sår: This album is just like the absolute pinnacle of maniacal hatred. That's really all I can use to describe it. It's really intense. The vocals are bar none the most.. I don't know? Demented/Deranged I've heard. His vocals are extremely angry/violent and it makes you think like he is backed up in a corner and he's just in his own little twisted world. For me personally he makes Nattramn sound like Celine Dion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5nHPD2p ... re=related <-- Is one of the songs from the album.

Hopefully it's what you're looking for.

No one, I repeat, NO ONe can make Nattramn sound like Celine Dion. Not even the Malvery vocalist, whom I think comes 2nd in depressive voice category.

glyndwr_2002
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:40 pm 

Yeah, Malvery is up there. Even if you didn't know the history surrounding Malvary's vocalist, it's sick and demented. But knowing he offed himself right after recording just makes it all the more creepy to me--you really are hearing a dead man sing.

Endemoniada
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:12 pm 

Subterranean_voice wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a masive Death Metal fan and have tried getting into Black Metal. I really enjoy melodious music so I would like a black metal that has good melody. I enjoy old Dimmu Borgir (I know most people hate it...but For All Tid- Enthrone Darkness Triumphant) and I enjoy Emperor, Wolven Ancestry, Skeletonwitch, and Rotting Christ. I am open to a wide variation and would enjoy some more underground bands as opposed to mainstream. I am not much for the MAJOR atmospheric stuff like Mayhem but I don't mind them. So, ya any melodious suggestions would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Try these excellent albums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95DTe8lu ... re=related

Gehenna - Seen Through The Veils of Darkness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EumeCo9hNrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKqE_ti_Y48

Summoning - Oath Bound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTdMQU0B ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl60kjN8 ... re=related

Old Man's Child - Born of The Flickering
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guYnj_j9 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHLxjfIs ... re=related

Eclipse - Dorsacharm's Venomous Colours EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyCVMOJJSV0

darknecrotic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 pm 

looking for DSBM or ambient black metal with good production.. dark lyrics please, nothing dominantly nature driven..

glyndwr_2002
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:13 pm 

Fixing no posts

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:40 pm 

darknecrotic wrote:
looking for DSBM or ambient black metal with good production.. dark lyrics please, nothing dominantly nature driven..

Nyktalgia.
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

Inhumer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:11 pm 

I'm looking for bands that have an "urban"/"industrialized" feel like Altar of Plagues. It doesn't have to be Atmospheric.

DethCubeK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:41 pm 

I've been listening to black metal for quite some time now. Right now I listen to Burzum, Mayhem, Emperor and a lot of First Wave.
Emperor is definitely my favourite band. Except for Bathory, it's the only band I really, really like a lot. So what I'm looking for here is bands that have that same sound. Not minimalistic, rather symphonic with two guitarist and combining the a-technicality that's inherent to black metal with, well technicality.

glyndwr_2002
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:52 pm 

DethCubeK wrote:
I've been listening to black metal for quite some time now. Right now I listen to Burzum, Mayhem, Emperor and a lot of First Wave.
Emperor is definitely my favourite band. Except for Bathory, it's the only band I really, really like a lot. So what I'm looking for here is bands that have that same sound. Not minimalistic, rather symphonic with two guitarist and combining the a-technicality that's inherent to black metal with, well technicality.

Abyssos leaps to mind for some reason; with the nice twin guitar attack and symphonic sound.

Dissection as well.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next