Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thanquee
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:01 pm 

Dragonforce, Southampton. I've only been to a few concerts, preferring studio music, but this was pretty bad.

First band was Sylosis. Not my personal cup of tea, but I guess they played well, and the crowd loved them. The next band totally killed it, though. I can't even remember what they were called but they were some shitty grind band that had no place in what was mostly a power metal concert. They tried to get a mosh pit going, because Sabaton and Sylosis preferred us doing some audience participation and didn't really need anyone moshing. They were so shit, though, that nobody even cared about moshing to their music and it actually ended up stopping a couple of times because nobody could get into it. I guess they might have done better at a concert aimed at the more extreme metalheads, because the frontman wasn't at all bad at what he did, but they were seriously at the wrong concert. They even had an encore nobody wanted that delayed Sabaton massively and meant that they couldn't play Metal Crue, which later became my favourite song. I'd have liked to have heard that, you inconsiderate fucks.

Sabaton were next, and they were so awesome I became an instant fan, and now they're my favourite band. This is supposed to be the worst concerts, so I won't harp on about how awesome it was.

Then there was Dragonforce. They played seriously well, which was surprising since I had heard stories of how they were actually really bad live. I was amazed at how well they played what must have been immensely hard songs to stage live. But ZP Theart seemed rather disappointed at the audience's size and also the fact that we had chanted Sabaton's name all the time and not theirs. He got a bit pissed off on stage and you wouldn't believe how unpleasant a guy can be that has such a poofy voice. I wouldn't call it a hissy fit because I'd heard stories about really nasty shit going down at COB and COF concerts, but it wasn't exactly fun. Still, I guess they played well, and the encore was godly.

I think I have been rather spoiled when it comes to concerts if that was my worst, but it went from FUCKAWESOME to 'only just worth the 20 pounds I paid' because of the grind guys.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:01 pm 

Zombies47 wrote:
Back in '08, a friend of mine dragged me along to I Killed the Prom Queen at Hi-Fi in Melbourne. It was their last tour ever, or something, and it was cheap. Plus, I had nothing better to do.

Hiroshima Will Burn, who I have seen numerous times before, were as awful as usual.

Then, I was impressed with The Ghost Inside. Pretty standard crappy hardcore band, but they had really good stage presence.

I've never liked The Red Shore, with either singer, so I didn't really pay attention to them.

Then, Bring me the Horizon took the stage. They knew straight off that no-one there liked them, and it showed. A mate and I danced like morons in the middle of the floor, and we were the only ones moving.

I Killed the Prom Queen was fucking awful. Worst band I've ever seen. The crowd were douchebags, fists and feet were flying everywhere, I was punched and kicked a few times. But no, IKTPQ decided that we weren't being big enough douches, and decided to spray the entire crowd with a fire extinguisher. This instantly made the floor as slippery as ice, which stopped most of the hardcore dancers, but brought on the rage of IKTPQ's singer, because no-one was moving. Until, of course, some people started ice-skating around the pit, which just brought more abuse from the band.

Honestly, I'm glad they broke up. Worst $30 I ever spent.

i seen the ghost inside live twice now and both times they impressed and imo IKTPQ sounded horrible live when i saw them live i really liked their music but everything about their set sucked

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:38 pm 

Attitude wrote:

Also, is it just me or is every venue sounding really shitty these days? I can't remember the last time I went to a gig and was blown away by the sound. Lately the sound is muddy, instruments all sound at the same level and indistinguishable from each other and the vocalist is either buried in the mix or so up front and in your face that it just pisses you off.. and that’s the headliners. The support bands get an even worse deal.

thought it was just me who realises how shitty the sound indoors usually is

ive seen 2 extreme metal gigs in tiny clubs and all you can hear is the vibrations of the bass and drums on the floor/wall, and the vocalist is always impossible to hear, i hate indoor gigs...

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:30 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Attitude wrote:

Also, is it just me or is every venue sounding really shitty these days? I can't remember the last time I went to a gig and was blown away by the sound. Lately the sound is muddy, instruments all sound at the same level and indistinguishable from each other and the vocalist is either buried in the mix or so up front and in your face that it just pisses you off.. and that’s the headliners. The support bands get an even worse deal.

ive seen 2 extreme metal gigs in tiny clubs and all you can hear is the vibrations of the bass and drums on the floor/wall, and the vocalist is always impossible to hear, i hate indoor gigs...

i always thought indoor gigs were the best but then agian i have never been to an gig outside

Feedback_Oscillation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
Folkemon_ wrote:
Attitude wrote:

i always thought indoor gigs were the best but then agian i have never been to an gig outside

Indoor gigs do have the best sound when there's a competent sound guy. However, most sound guys around now are just plain terrible. Also, there is a lot of misuse with subwoofers. On top of that, the overal volume is too loud. So the end result is muddy bass that is then more muddied from speaker distortion and our ears not being able to handle that high of volumes.

DunnRiffHorror_EHSB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 am 

DARPAchief wrote:
Sadly, the worst concert I've been to was a Megadeth headliner. I love Megadeth and they killed, but the part that sucked was that to get to them I had to sit through Suicide Silence, and their fans didn't have the decency to leave after they opened so I had to spend my time knocking down poser kids trying to hardcore dance to "Skin o' My Teeth"

I already told me tale of seeing them open for Carcass. Most miserable 40 minutes of my life was during their set. Lucikly, lots of those kids left before Carcass. Still, it boggles the mind. Some legends of metal are about to take the stage and you're fucking leaving? You gotta get to Hot Topic before they close? Did you run out of eyeliner? Mom's waiting outside in the mini-van?

Wish you could've been as fortunate as I was to be rid of those Suicide Silence fans.

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:46 am 

I've recently been to a Wolves in the Throne Room gig. It wasn't nearly the worst concert I've ever seen, but something seemed wrong.
After preparing the stage with candles and whatnot for quite a long time, they entered the stage, accompanied by some kind of synthie intro. Then they played their first song. It was an improvisational, very, very, very loud guitar-driven drone piece which lasted about an hour. I remember thinking stuff like: "Hey, the drummer looks like he's doing a blast beat right now, but I can't here a fucking thing because DROOOOOOOOONE" and "Well, that just sounded like a microsecond from a song on 'Two Hunters', but I could be wrong". I watched the concert from beginning to end, because WITTR were the reason I drove many miles in my half-broken car. Then I left, wondering if what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy.

kaneeames
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:17 am 

I sat through Beneath the Massacre which was the worst experience of my life. There were more bros there than ive ever seen in my life, luckily Born of Osiris, Dying Fetus and Suffocation were after them.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:19 pm 

most of the time when bands over here have shitty sound is because they bring their own sound engineers and it takes a while before they get everything down.

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:24 pm 

I went with a friend to a local gig a few weeks back it I left pissed and sad. Hardcore gangs (yes fuckin' gangs) starting shit with people. They targeted me and the guitarist in my band. One of the gang members got in front of us and when the breakdown happened he did his gay fist swinging at us. So I grabbed him and bashed him in the face and told him to back the fuck off. Well him and his gay crew are now wanting to beat down my band because I stopped him from xXTHROWINDOWNXx. This is fucking bullshit. I hope every hardcore dancer trips on their own asshole and breaks their neck. Faggots.

Jmo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:49 pm 

An indoor that looked like a fancy ballroom in Indianapolis. It was Story of the Year, All That Remains and The Devil Wears Prada.

Story of the Year were terrible. I'm rather uncomfortable when watching non-metal bands play live, just standing around makes me feel uneasy, add to that the place was all ages but still served beer, I had 14 year old scenesters asking me to buy beer for them their entire set. Hell no, I'm not going to jail! Get away!

All That Remains were good. They definitely played better sets when I've seen them other times, but fault was mostly due to the scenesters in the crowd jeering them. Yeah, because Story of the Year are REAL metal. Dumbasses.

Devil Wears Prada were monotonous. All the songs were the same verse-chorus-verse-breakdown-chorus crap. No one moved for Story, some people moshed for ATR, but DWP had dancers. Fucking dancers. I almost got karate kicked several times until halfway through their set one of them got punched out by someone.

Shitty venue, shitty bands, shitty scenesters.

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:27 pm 

kaneeames wrote:
I sat through Beneath the Massacre which was the worst experience of my life. There were more bros there than ive ever seen in my life, luckily Born of Osiris, Dying Fetus and Suffocation were after them.

Definitely know where you're coming from. I saw them on the Summer Slaughter tour in 2008. After Veil of Maya finished, the audience literally rotated from scene kids to oversized white men in ghetto apparel, whom I have codenamed "Honkey Kongs". I was standing outside the pit (waiting for Dying Fetus and Necrophagist) and these guys kept getting in everyone's faces, trying to start fights instead of moshing.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:41 am 

I recently saw The Casualties because Crowbar played before them and The Acacia Strain played after them. Even by hardcore punk standards, their vocalist was nothing more than some guy yelling incomprehensible shit into a microphone. Their guitarist fell half a beat behind every time he added backing vocals, and their music sucks too.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:12 am 

CountBlagorath wrote:
I went with a friend to a local gig a few weeks back it I left pissed and sad. Hardcore gangs (yes fuckin' gangs) starting shit with people. They targeted me and the guitarist in my band. One of the gang members got in front of us and when the breakdown happened he did his gay fist swinging at us. So I grabbed him and bashed him in the face and told him to back the fuck off. Well him and his gay crew are now wanting to beat down my band because I stopped him from xXTHROWINDOWNXx. This is fucking bullshit. I hope every hardcore dancer trips on their own asshole and breaks their neck. Faggots.

everyone hates hardcore dancers

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:21 am 

I've always wondered: Do hardcore dancers hate hardcore dancers? You'd think people who do it would realize how stupid and intrusive it is once they get hit in the face by their fellow-flailing peers.

NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:40 pm 

CountBlagorath wrote:

Bwahahah. Please tell me someone in your band had a video camera?

PrognatusOvAlveus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:12 pm 

why wrote:
Then I left, wondering if what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy.

:lol:

I think my worst concert experience was going to the planetary depravity tour hoping to see Dying Fetus, Beneath The Massacre and Vital Remains. The first thing that sucked about the concert is that Vital Remains skipped my fucking venue. I was so pissed. And then some other shitty slamgrindcore band that was supposed to come on the tour skipped, so they had to bring some other shitty slamgrindcore band. And of course all the little kids in their tight pants with turkey flop hair were pretending to hit imaginary ninjas. A plus of this actually was seeing some 4 foot tall fat black chick try this. I had been really excited for BTM beacause I'm a huge fan of their first two albums and I saw them at one of my early metal shows. But they fucking suck nowadays. They try way too hard to fit in with the death core thing. And the crowd, oh man. YOU MOSH DURING THE FUCKING FAST PARTS, NOT THE BREAKDOWNS!! Ended up leaving after the DF's amazing set.

demigod93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 pm 

PrognatusOvAlveus wrote:
YOU MOSH DURING THE FUCKING FAST PARTS, NOT THE BREAKDOWNS!! Ended up leaving after the DF's amazing set.

Never did understand why all those -core fans mosh during the slow parts, AKA breakdowns. It just doesn't make sense. It's like moshing during the long, slow riff in The Somberlain.

PrognatusOvAlveus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:11 pm 

PrognatusOvAlveus wrote:
why wrote:

I think my worst concert experience was going to the planetary depravity tour hoping to see Dying Fetus, Beneath The Massacre and Vital Remains. The first thing that sucked about the concert is that Vital Remains skipped my fucking venue. I was so pissed. And then some other shitty slamgrindcore band that was supposed to come on the tour skipped, so they had to bring some other shitty slamgrindcore band. And of course all the little kids in their tight pants with turkey flop hair were pretending to hit imaginary ninjas. A plus of this actually was seeing some 4 foot tall fat black chick try this. I had been really excited for BTM beacause I'm a huge fan of their first two albums and I saw them at one of my early metal shows, But they fucking suck nowadays. They try way too hard to fit in with the death core thing. And the crowd, oh man... YOU MOSH DURING THE FUCKING FAST PARTS, NOT THE BREAKDOWNS!! Ended up leaving after DF's amazing set.

death234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:39 pm 

I hate even bringing this up, but when I was younger my grandmother had me go to a contury music festival with her, I thought I was going to be sick. Im not ripping on anyone who likes contury out there but for me I hate the music and haveing to go to that concert was the worst event of my life.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:02 pm 

Evergrey, Nevermore, Throwdown and In Flames in 2006.

It was the first time I ever heard Evergrey's material, and they were very fun and entertaining. Nevermore, as I've stated before, decided to call the show and told everyone to fuck off. Throwdown was Throwdown: completely stupid, boring, and didn't stop covering shitty Sepultura and Pantera songs. Left before In Flames hit the stage. Not a single regret there, but definitely for wasting my money.

Obligatory Last FM Link

demisetheflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:17 pm 

PrognatusOvAlveus wrote:
why wrote:

I think my worst concert experience was going to the planetary depravity tour hoping to see Dying Fetus, Beneath The Massacre and Vital Remains. The first thing that sucked about the concert is that Vital Remains skipped my fucking venue. I was so pissed. And then some other shitty slamgrindcore band that was supposed to come on the tour skipped, so they had to bring some other shitty slamgrindcore band. And of course all the little kids in their tight pants with turkey flop hair were pretending to hit imaginary ninjas. A plus of this actually was seeing some 4 foot tall fat black chick try this. I had been really excited for BTM beacause I'm a huge fan of their first two albums and I saw them at one of my early metal shows. But they fucking suck nowadays. They try way too hard to fit in with the death core thing. And the crowd, oh man. YOU MOSH DURING THE FUCKING FAST PARTS, NOT THE BREAKDOWNS!! Ended up leaving after the DF's amazing set.

I saw them twice last year, they played their older material mostly, and enjoyed them alot, but when I saw them both times the dancing during the breakdowns and moshing during the fast bits interchanged well atleast, people acted civilized so I was happy with that. But man, I understand your sentiments with the moshing at a metal show.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:34 am 

Probably Arch Enemy. The sound was crap, the music was just an annoying wall of noise with Gossow's mediocre growls being the only thing that I could tell apart from the rest. Oh, and the bass drum was quite audible. And not just audible, it resonated so strongly that every beat felt like a small heart attack. Call me a wuss, but it wasn't awesome at all. It was extremely unconfortable. Dragonforce also had a really lame set that night. The vocalist shouting obscenities and spitting litres of water on the crowd was ridiculous, and the music was, if possible, even less captivating than on album.

The moshpits were lame, and while there were no hardcore dancers, there were people flailing their arms all around, hitting other moshers in the head.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:58 pm 

I remember I once checked out a show close to my college's campus and saw a metalcore band, a classic rock band, and a few others I can't recall. All in all, the bands were pretty decent but the turn-out was pretty pathetic. At one point, I was the only person in the audience! Goddamn local scenes...

demisetheflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:16 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
I remember I once checked out a show close to my college's campus and saw a metalcore band, a classic rock band, and a few others I can't recall. All in all, the bands were pretty decent but the turn-out was pretty pathetic. At one point, I was the only person in the audience! Goddamn local scenes...

Aint that the truth?

jambo1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:51 am 

ive been to loads of concerts and been lucky that ive not had many bad experiences. so this story is more about the audience, i went to see trivium at inverness on thursday and i enjoyed the show,rise to remain were pretty decent,whitechapel i enjoyed and chimaira were the best of the night. trivium were ok but very derivative, anyway thats not the point its the crowd they attract emo and scene kids and little girls who hadnt a clue. the smell of freshly put on trivium t-shirts just out of the bag was frightening!! one douche said to me "this is the best metal gig ever!!!" as i said i enjoyed the whole show but these kids really have to start listening to other bands.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:36 am 

The only well-known band I've walked out on was Nevermore a couple of years ago. I went there to see the support, but I usually want to see all the bands I've paid for, and besides, I might find new favourites that way. Couldn't. The way they mixed the music was awful, the performance was lackluster, and the spark was seriously missing. We went to another bar to drink beer instead.

No, I was/am not familiar with their music, but being a relatively well-known band usually means there's at least something to enjoy on a gig regardless. In that case, no.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:26 am 

MercyfulKing wrote:
My Worst Concert was the Mayhem Fest Last Year Featuring Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Cannibal Corpse, and The rest were Crappy Metal-core bands. The Concert was Filled Emo's, Fat Goths, Rednecks, And Only a Handful of Metalheads(Me Being one Of Them)Were There. The Reason why its one of the Worst was because Marilyn Manson was headlining Which it Should've Been Slayer, While Cannibal Corpse pulled an Amazing Set as Did Killswitch(And i dont care for them much) and So Did Slayer but when Slayer Finished Their Set, many People Left the Concert but i stayed for Manson(for only 20 minutes), After Twiggy Played the Worst Guitar Solo I ever heard, I decided to Leave.

You couldn't have described that festival more perfectly because that is exactly how I saw it. If ever there was proof that Marilyn Manson is definitely NOT metal then one needed only to see how the whole pavillion emptied out when they took the stage at the end of the night. Even if those bands not named Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Behemoth and maybe Black Deliah and Job for a Cowboy are considered subpar metal at best on that bill, Marilyn Manson playing that show is questionable marketing. When MM was doing their set, a person could have done wind sprints from one end of the lawn to the other without touching anyone. That's pretty pathetic given what a household name band they are not to mention the fact that they were headline act of the whole damn ticket. I enjoyed Slayer and C.C. so i had fun since I got to see them. I was pissed that we got there too late and missed out on Behemoth. That especially sucked since they were closing out their set with their best death metal song right when I was walking to the gate.

LouFerrigno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:08 am 

I'd rather be ass grabbed by a polydactyl than see Five Finger Death Punch in concert again.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:13 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
I recently saw The Casualties because Crowbar played before them and The Acacia Strain played after them. Even by hardcore punk standards, their vocalist was nothing more than some guy yelling incomprehensible shit into a microphone. Their guitarist fell half a beat behind every time he added backing vocals, and their music sucks too.
Really? I actually enjoy The Casualties quite a bit. That's too bad that they're not so good live. The Acacia Strain, however, is terrible.

I know I previously mentioned Six Feet Under and 3 Inches of Blood as being the worst concert I've ever seen, but after talking about it with a friend the other day, I realized it wasn't. 3 Inches of Blood wasn't really that well known at the time, and they played a lot of songs from their first (extremely unpopular) album, which I actually quite enjoyed (and still do). I used to be into Six Feet Under, so I recognized about 1/4 of the songs they played, I hung out with Terry Butler for about an hour (the first song I learned on bass was "Dawn of Eternity" by Massacre, so this was a big honor), and the guitar player even gave me his pick!

The worst concert I have ever been to was definitely one I attended a couple years ago in Charleston, SC. Atrocious Abnormality opened for Diabolic. I had never heard of Atrocious Abnormality, and had no idea what to expect. I'm not into the whole "brutal death" thing anymore, but they performed well, and even covered a Misfits song! But I guess one of their guitar players didn't show up! Their vocalist also played guitar, and was very skilled. Their bass player was extremely nice, too. He was big enough to pound my head in, though. :lol: Diabolic played an extremely solid set, and the vocalist's Razorback bass was so nice (I had never seen one in person).

So what could be so awful about a show like that? The bands were nice, performed well, etc... The fans. The fans ruined everything. Before this show, I had never seen a show outside of Texas, and will probably never attend another show in South Carolina (unless it's a band I just HAVE to see). I wore my bullet belts that night. A (very pretty) girl called me over to the bar, and started asking about them. She eventually said "Why wear both? You should only wear the bigger ones. The smaller ones should be used on tight jeans." My jeans were plenty tight...no bigger than anyone else you'd see at an underground show. I think she meant girl's jeans. I wanted to say "This is an underground music show. I don't need fashion tips from a girl who clearly knows nothing of the music." But her boyfriend was next to her, and since I am a very crappy fighter, I decided to leave it alone.

One of the opening bands was called "Coffin Syrup." I thought "Their music doesn't necessarily have to be as bad as their name", but it was. I appreciated the fact that all three members did a considerable amount of vocals, but they were just bad. People were hardcore dancing and everything. That's another thing...I don't think there were any true metal fans at the show. I even saw a guy in a Tiger Army shirt, and most people were sporting polo shirts. :ugh: ...I did see a fellow in the corner by himself, wearing a Darkthrone t-shirt and gauntlets on his arms. I thought "Look at that guy. He looks upset. Maybe he's as disgusted by the fans of this show as I am." So I went to talk to him. We started talking about black metal for about 5 minutes, but when I brought up names like Profanatica, Blasphemy, Conqueror, Demonic Christ, and a few others, he hadn't heard of a single one of them!!! Not one!!

The metal underground in south Texas is a very close group of people, and every concert is like a reunion for all the fans. Whether you travel to Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, etc, you'll see all of the same fans attending the shows! It really makes it feel like a bond. It's great. So when I saw a show after moving to South Carolina, packed with absolute idiots who hardcore dance during death metal bands, give me fashion tips, and have no knowledge of underground music at all, it was a real letdown. The worst part? I drove 65 miles just to see some metal, and while most of the music ranged from solid to great, the fans absolutely ruined it for me. I did pick up a copy of "Depravation" by Anal Vomit at one of the merchandise stands though. :)

ROBL250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:28 pm 

Seeing Imperial Leisure last night, got dragged along to it by a mate who somehow persuaded me that Ska/Reggae would be good.

It turned out to be a bunch of teens "moshing" to Reel Big Fish type music, and myself standing on the edge of the pit wondering how anyone could enjoy it. I then got dragged halfway across Manchester chasing 2 Blondes who weren't even good-looking, and I just wanted to get home and stick on some Belketre to forget I'd just wasted 5 hours.

UndertheKnife
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:24 pm 

At my friend's Sweet 16, keep in mind she is a scenster, she booked a bunch of really lame deathcore bands. There was no alcohol as well, due to being sXe is totally cool and stuff right now, and I had to sit through some of the worst musicianship I will probably ever witness. Then, a bunch of scrawny scene kids started wailing their arms around and everyone thought it was the coolest thing ever. I just stood there regretting I had come, but hey, she's a close friend. What can you do?

shiduba
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 am 

I went to see Sturm und Drang in our local bar. The place was full of small girls. And the gig itself sucked ass. Hopefully I don't have to watch anything like that again.

SlayerOfTheGods
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:15 pm 

Ozzy, it was entertaining when he sprayed the crowd with a hose full of foamy shit, but his voice cracked up like hell, he forgot the lyrics to fucking Paranoid (after 30+ years of playing that song he still can't get it down or what?), we couldn't leave our seating area, and the set was only like 25 minutes. Rob Zombie was supposed to be there too but he left and they replaced him with some queerass Nickelback knock-off band.

But I was twelve or something, and it was still a concert so fuck it.
Our revolution storming, from sea to bloody sea

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 pm 

I guess Gheestenland, a pretty small Dutch black metal band, probably was the worst show I saw. Underground bands can deliver great shows, not seldomly even better than renowned acts, but this... no. I have to admit, there was hardly any audience as they were the first or second band to perform, which can make it a bit harder to perform convincingly, but this was just a comedy.

The vocalist pretty much used every pose that Immortal (or Immortal parodies) invented, as if he'd learned them by heart through Youtube. There was no audience whatsoever coming towards the stage, so after a few tracks, he started walking around with the entire microphone standard, putting it down every few metres to scream a few lines in the next Immortal-pose. He gave up and returned to the stage after some guy started to partyboy directly in front of him.

DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 pm 

SlayerOfTheGods wrote:
Ozzy, it was entertaining when he sprayed the crowd with a hose full of foamy shit, but his voice cracked up like hell, he forgot the lyrics to fucking Paranoid (after 30+ years of playing that song he still can't get it down or what?), we couldn't leave our seating area, and the set was only like 25 minutes. Rob Zombie was supposed to be there too but he left and they replaced him with some queerass Nickelback knock-off band.

But I was twelve or something, and it was still a concert so fuck it.

Was this the show you were at? :lol:

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:12 am 

Ok here it goes, I hadn't had the chance to post this but...

The Worst concert I've ever been to was... (drums) Anabantha November last year!

Don't get me wrong, I love this band, they were absolutely amazing but... As usual the openers were loads of shit...

For those who don't know Anabantha is a gothic band from Mexico, so you expect a bunch of goths in the crowd. The first band I believe was called SoulFire and... They kicked ass, astonishing thrash, fast and furious lyrics, great sound... But everyone except me were just satnding there, and screaming "hey! Get down! You're pure fucking noise!"... How I hate when people don't appreciate metal...

The second band was called Estigma... Some sort of Heavy Power metal... I don't like heavy nor power metal, so this band was bad since the beggining... They have a frontwoman who sings like crap. I can't remember hearing such an awful voice before... The worst part was during a Dragonforce cover, she didn't knew the lyrics so... She takes out a paper with the lyrics on it!!!

I couldn't believe it so I yelled "Learn how to sing! Or at least learn the fucking lyrics!"...
Everyone was staring at me like "WTF is wrong with you, she sings like an angel". I laughed the entire 20 minutes they were on the stage...

THE WORST SINGER EVER...

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:42 am 

Hard to say, Misfits (w Jerry Only) was ruined by shitty sound quality, but it wasn't the worst. Ozzy was actually pretty terrible, that was at a 2 day 'festival' a couple years back. Whitesnake and Poison at the same festival upstaged him, and Zakk Wylde's a bit of an egg. Ozzy's performance was shocking, almost as bad as that horrible TV series - a disappointing experience. Heaven & Hell on the other hand, fucking slayed! :metal:

AbbathBM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:55 am 

I would have to say a Children of Bodom concert.

I mean ,the concert was ok, the band player allright, but the damn vocalist kept spitting towards the audience all the f***** time.. I decided to stay in the back and only enjoy the music..

deathmetal_1990
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:56 am 

I would have to say my worst show had to be an x fest. The bands were three days grace, breaking benjamin, seether and a bunch of other terrible bands. I guess the shittiness is what I get for thinking there was nothing better to do on a saturday. I was wrong completely wrong.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next