Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:01 pm 

Anyone know of a Crustcore (or Crustgrind whatever you wanna call it) band that sounds like old school Extreme Noise Terror, or like their new album?
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

meleemario
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 pm 

You might enjoy Disrupt. When I first listened to them, I thought of them as a more tame ENT. Disrupt has the guys from Sludge Metal band Grief in it, in fact, Disrupt was their first band before Grief even came into the picture. But yeah, I think you'll enjoy Disrupt. Check out their only full length, Unrest, it's awesome.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:38 am 

Assuck might be applicable here? I don't know, I kind of get the same vibe from them but obviously in an even more concise and grindy package.

Nuclear Death Terror is a newer band, quite obviously influenced by ENT. The sound isn't copycat status as these guys are a little more crusty and a bit less grindy. Good stuff, in the old style.

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 am 

The obvious: Doom

...And then we have the classic Shitlickers EP, the old stuff by Anticimex is superb as well.

bands like Assuck etc all have blasts in them as well, ENT did not. If you don't mind blast songs as well here and there, you might wanna try the Malignant Tumour album "Dawn Of A New Age". it had a lot of those crusty songs on it. Agathocles' "Thanks For Your Hostility" as well by the way

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 am 

Definitely seconding Doom and Disrupt.

Check out the first Kill the Client album, it has some sludge in it though.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:56 am 

You might like Guided Cradle as it has some definite E.N.T. touches to their sound. I second the Nuclear Death Terror rec. You might also find Hellshock a bit to your liking.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 am 

(Post deleted, computer glitched and double posted)
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

Last edited by Celtic_Fire_666 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 am 

Thanks for the recs. I already have Kill The Client and Guided Cradle's discographies, I'll check out the other stuff. Thanks again.

Edit: Blasts are fine, as long as the style is basically Crustcore, it works for me.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm 

Nuclear Death Terror: Amazing.

I am working on the others right now.

Reply to topic