Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
tigerthunder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:48 pm 

well im happy to see a "core" recommendation topic i think it gets a bad rap around here, im looking for blackend core ie black metal sounding type lyrics not too much bassy grunts, some fast paced chug chug and uptempo break downs, ive been listening to august burns red and really enjoying it also diging as i lay dying, dont like eternal lord ,too slow. so any help ?

Scrabsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:55 pm 

Not too much of a -core fan, but from what I've heard something like the Legend EP from Abigail Williams is probably what you're looking for.

tigerthunder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:05 pm 

wow every ones quick to recommend Abigail Williams

ummm thanks but a little to much keyboards too "epic", ill be more specific the "black" metal i currently listening to cobalt, wittr, enthroned, drautran, immortal and belphagor. some how i got august burns red's album and i am looking for a combanition of these two sounds.

Scrabsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:30 pm 

I figured you might have already tried them after I posted, ahah. Ah well :p

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:53 pm 

Apokefale might sort of be what you're looking for. I'm not sure.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:57 pm 

People tend to call Winds Of Plague blackened/black metalcore. It may be what your looking for. However they are another band with lots of keyboard use.

NonEsDignus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:15 pm 

Give Aurora Black a try.

Neantise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:40 am 

tigerthunder, I recommended you InseCT and Apokefale in the black metal help thread. Did you hear them?

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=108161
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=20236

Also, I will add Full Frontage Rage. Black metal mixed with a more old-school type of metallic hardcore.

http://www.myspace.com/fullfrontalrage
Last.fm

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:15 am 

check out As Hope Dies and As Blood Runs BLack

diabolikon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:35 am 

Scrabsy wrote:
Not too much of a -core fan, but from what I've heard something like the Legend EP from Abigail Williams is probably what you're looking for.

I'd happen to agree with you there. It's a great cd. But even better is their newest CD, which is more Emperor-esque.
Member #1 of the Anti-anti-folk metal front.

tigerthunder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:00 am 

Neantise wrote:
tigerthunder, I recommended you InseCT and Apokefale in the black metal help thread. Did you hear them?

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=108161
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=20236

Also, I will add Full Frontage Rage. Black metal mixed with a more old-school type of metallic hardcore.

http://www.myspace.com/fullfrontalrage

yes and thank you insect is pretty good

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:45 am 

also check out exhausted prayer and the funeral pyre.

WindsOvCreation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:07 pm 

tigerthunder wrote:
wow every ones quick to recommend Abigail Williams

ummm thanks but a little to much keyboards too "epic", ill be more specific the "black" metal i currently listening to cobalt, wittr, enthroned, drautran, immortal and belphagor. some how i got august burns red's album and i am looking for a combanition of these two sounds.

If you haven't listened to their latest album (In the Shadow of a Thousand Suns), do yourself a favour and check it out; it's a lot different then the stuff from the EP. If you have, then I have no recommendations for you.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:07 pm 

also check out Fallen Angel. they are long time broken up but released a full length of amazing black metalcore.

AntiJoe88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 pm 

Mortal Treason's Sunrise Over a Sea of Blood

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:35 pm 

They are probably more of an aquired taste but Becoming the Martyr are Blackened Metalcore. Godless Crusade are either Blackened Metalcore w/ some Death Metal influence or Blackened Deathcore, definetley check them out they are a real standout in terms of -core, also if you like them check out Straightout, same stylistically, except they are Melodic Black instead of just Black.

Godless Crusade (Italy) http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=93977

Straightout http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=108846

Becoming the Martyr http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=102117
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:11 pm 

pbarb wrote:
check out As Hope Dies and As Blood Runs BLack
Why As Blood Runs Black? And I suggest Dance Club Massacre, Heavy symphonic elements and basically full on black metal vocals. Also there is Dead In Existence who sound like a better version of Winds of Plague.

Last.fm

kriegblackmetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:38 pm 

tigerthunder wrote:
well im happy to see a "core" recommendation topic i think it gets a bad rap around here, im looking for blackend core ie black metal sounding type lyrics not too much bassy grunts, some fast paced chug chug and uptempo break downs, ive been listening to august burns red and really enjoying it also diging as i lay dying, dont like eternal lord ,too slow. so any help ?

kill yourself

tigerthunder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:40 am 

kriegblackmetal wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:

kill yourself

i cant find them her on metal archives or google can you provide a link, thanks all for the recomendations so far

Last edited by tigerthunder on Mon May 18, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DefacedLunacy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:47 am 

tigerthunder wrote:
kriegblackmetal wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:

kill yourself

i can find them her on metal archives or google can you provide a link, thanks all for the recomendations so far

:D

ThrashAeons
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm 

tigerthunder wrote:
kriegblackmetal wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:

kill yourself

i can find them her on metal archives or google can you provide a link

That made me lol. :P

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:16 pm 

tigerthunder wrote:
kriegblackmetal wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:

kill yourself

i can find them her on metal archives or google can you provide a link, thanks all for the recomendations so far

Not sure whether to :lol: or :nono:
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:39 pm 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:
kriegblackmetal wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:

kill yourself

One of the best elitist troll-defeating responses I've heard so far, assuming he actually understood.

tigerthunder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:
kriegblackmetal wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:

kill yourself

One of the best elitist troll-defeating responses I've heard so far, assuming he actually understood.

lol would be correct, troll defeated

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:11 pm 

tigerthunder wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:
kriegblackmetal wrote:
tigerthunder wrote:

kill yourself

lol would be correct, troll defeated

In that case I second what MaDTransilvanian wrote.

ApocalypticxAngel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:07 pm 

DeadXManiac wrote:
Why As Blood Runs Black? And I suggest Dance Club Massacre, Heavy symphonic elements and basically full on black metal vocals. Also there is Dead In Existence who sound like a better version of Winds of Plague.

Agreed. But listen to the album Circle of Death. Feast of the Blood Monsters was a complete mess...

George Gobel wrote:
If it weren't for electricity, we'd all be watching tv by candlelight.

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 pm 

May not be what you're looking for, but The Agony Scene has somewhat blackened vocals. They're not completely horrible metalcore either.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:38 am 

the new bleeding through is kinda "black". its a good metalcore album imo.

tigerthunder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm 

hmmmm

Reply to topic