Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mike_64
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:36 pm 

I've been a fan of DeathChain since they released Deathrash Assaults and i can't get enough of this album as well as their debut. but their last two albums are very inconsistent, Morbid Angel worship though. what are your opinions on DeathChain?

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:39 pm 

Mike_64 wrote:
I've been a fan of DeathChain since they released Deathrash Assaults and i can't get enough of this album as well as their debut. but their last two albums are very inconsistent, Morbid Angel worship though. what are your opinions on DeathChain?

Ehh.... To be honest, their latest bored me to tears. It was so unmemorable, I can't even remember the title. I haven't checked out any of their other releases though.

mot_the_barber
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:03 am 

Yeah, the first two albums are fantastic. Then they went south. I think part of the problem is that there's just not a whole lot you can do with that sort of death/thrash sound. The same thing happened to The Crown.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:51 am 

The only really issue that I can sort of see with the band and their "lack of memorability" is the lack of shouty gang vocal choruses. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a substitute for talented songwriting, but it's very basic and sort of expected. They seemed to drop that for the most part and have gone in this more fleshed out, longer and interesting song-type direction.

Cult Of Death and Deatheternal are killer albums. They made a good choice to change the pace from super fast to just fast. I also noticed a little bit of a black metal influence on these albums as well. It fits well. Deathchain is really a band who's never made the same album twice. They are always changing and developing their sound and really embrace taking risks and liberties with their music. They are definitely one of the smartest deathrash acts around right now. I'm really excited to see what they do next.

Mike_64
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:47 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
The only really issue that I can sort of see with the band and their "lack of memorability" is the lack of shouty gang vocal choruses. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a substitute for talented songwriting, but it's very basic and sort of expected. They seemed to drop that for the most part and have gone in this more fleshed out, longer and interesting song-type direction.

Cult Of Death and Deatheternal are killer albums. They made a good choice to change the pace from super fast to just fast. I also noticed a little bit of a black metal influence on these albums as well. It fits well. Deathchain is really a band who's never made the same album twice. They are always changing and developing their sound and really embrace taking risks and liberties with their music. They are definitely one of the smartest deathrash acts around right now. I'm really excited to see what they do next.

agreed. i rather enjoyed the BM influence on the last two but the consistency isn't exactly ever-present but then again that's pry just me comparing them to DA too much.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.