Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:43 am 

After leaving my band I started my own solo project. There is a song I put online on myspace. I thought it's basicly deathmetal with few black metal influences. I recorded it with cubase and the drum was done with Beat craft (drum machine software). Can you please give your opinions about the song structure, riffs, production, ect. This is not the final version, i need to work more on the song and there is no vocal yet, but I posted it to have opinions from the metal community.

http://www.myspace.com/deathmetalupcomingproject

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:43 am 

Sounds a bit like a melodic version of Nile.

unclevladistav
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:44 pm 

^Agreed.
The song structure seems pretty good, you made the riff transitions well. The riffs are pretty good, the opening one was excellent (the clean part was really cool too). Production is fine. Drum programming is very well done, sure there is a lot of blasting, but you gave it variety, with fills and changes, and it always fit what was happening. Add some vocals to it and this'll be an awesome song.

MasticateTheNecro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:44 pm 

The Nile comparison is inevitable, however unlike Nile, your song does not get monotonous or boring. You obviously have great songwriting and playing skills. Also the programming is great and other than the crash cymbals sounding like plastic they sound totally real. I have a suggestion though. Go into beatcraft and switch the crash sounds with splash cymbal sounds. In my opinion the splash's sound much better and realistic.

Great song.

livercage wrote:
..but what did the mind actually mean behind the meaning of pointing out the point...

alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:07 pm 

Thank you, i really appreciate the comebacks. I dont want to copy Nile but it's one of my favorite band, so i found it great to be compared in a positive way to my favorite band. If you liked the song and want to hear more PM me.

Also, your comments really encouraged me to pursue this project. So i have 3 songs now and I found a concept for the lyrics and the project name, I will probably releash a demo soon.

AvengerofTruth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:27 am 

That actually sounded pretty great. Vocals would bring it up another notch. Good work!

alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 pm 

thank you, I may add the vocal soon. I decided to name the Project Arrakis, base on the Sc-Fi book of Frank Herbert. The lyrics will be inspired by the books and ill try to do a kind of concept, narrating and descripting an entire book of the cycle into an album, maybe the Emperor God.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:22 am 

alexaons wrote:
thank you, I may add the vocal soon. I decided to name the Project Arrakis, base on the Sc-Fi book of Frank Herbert. The lyrics will be inspired by the books and ill try to do a kind of concept, narrating and descripting an entire book of the cycle into an album, maybe the Emperor God.

Me wrote:
Just remember though, if you take Arrakis, I will hunt you down and rip your testicles out!

Big grinTongue

!!! Bah, now my final plan for forming a band has been taken. :(

DemonofDarkness
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:57 pm 

Sounds like Behemoth or Nile .. however it's a nice song
Good work

Nailhead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:12 pm 

good work
the file could use some cleaning (sounds muffled), but that may just be the myspace compression coming through
i really really really liked the intro riff, and the rest held it's ground after that
i like your idea to call the band Arrakis
i really love that book
be careful when adding the vocals to the song. If done incorrectly, then it will screw the whole mood, if done well, it will be amazing

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.