Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:01 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:
Earthcubed wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:

It's so fitting that he made Flo Hitler and added the art line, given that Hitler was a failed artist.

As far as Nile goes, I will never understand why everyone loves AoTW so much. Their worst album by far, if Karl's pre-release descriptions didn't completely give it away beforehand I would have been hugely disappointed.

Annihilation was about half good songs, half boring drek, but it's still not as bad as Ithyphallic or whatever, that album was complete horseshit.

You mean the album where they actually brought back the Middle Eastern sounds and atmospheric tendencies that they completely neglected on AoTW (despite them being the main reason people bought all of their earlier albums)? It was definitely their second worst album, but saying it was lower than AoTW is laughable.

And? It still sounds like a bunch Annihilation b-sides, minus the good.

SabFan1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 am 

Aeonblade wrote:
Earthcubed wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:
Earthcubed wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:

It's so fitting that he made Flo Hitler and added the art line, given that Hitler was a failed artist.

As far as Nile goes, I will never understand why everyone loves AoTW so much. Their worst album by far, if Karl's pre-release descriptions didn't completely give it away beforehand I would have been hugely disappointed.

Annihilation was about half good songs, half boring drek, but it's still not as bad as Ithyphallic or whatever, that album was complete horseshit.

You mean the album where they actually brought back the Middle Eastern sounds and atmospheric tendencies that they completely neglected on AoTW (despite them being the main reason people bought all of their earlier albums)? It was definitely their second worst album, but saying it was lower than AoTW is laughable.

And? It still sounds like a bunch Annihilation b-sides, minus the good.

"In There Darkened Shrines" is still there best in my opinion.

As for Ithyphallic and Annihilation of the Wicked... I haven't heard "The Unspoken King" yet, so I couldn't say which is better. I've only heard one song from the album, and it wasn't so bad.
Find out I'm the chosen one,
Now it’s too late my life is done!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sabfan1

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:30 am 

Ithyphallic was terrible, it's was like older Nile, but gutless.

Why the hell are people comparing The Unspoken King to Nile? Just wondering, no one could seriously debate whether there are any Nile albums worse than the Cryptopsy one, could they?

vashts80
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:10 pm 

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/intervie ... elves.html

interview with Auburn, probably late 08/early 09 before he left.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 pm 

vashts80 wrote:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/cryptopsy_we_dont_like_to_repeat_ourselves.html

Just a warning, it's hard to read because the writer of the article obviously does not understand who he's interviewing.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:23 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
vashts80 wrote:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/cryptopsy_we_dont_like_to_repeat_ourselves.html

Just a warning, it's hard to read because the writer of the article obviously does not understand who he's interviewing.

It is a pretty lame interview, but it does bring to mind some interesting points about bands like Cryptopsy who have created classics and then gone on to not live up to their potential. It says a lot about the fans, especially. We fans have an apt appreciation of their good music, but to them, it's just their music. Just a difference in perceptions, I suppose. What we see in Lord Worm is brutality and uniqueness and charisma, but the band looks at the more technical side and tells us that he was a bit hard to work with, and that he fucked up a lot live. Stuff that we didn't know about.

Of course that doesn't justify the "we're just trying to be DIFFERENT" shit. That's just weak. Shitty music is still shitty music.

vashts80
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
vashts80 wrote:

not to mention auburn's accent is probably real thick and it seems to not have translated well haha.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:40 pm 

vashts80 wrote:

EVERY fucking picture is of Lord Worm.

EDIT: They fixed it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3