Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:10 am 

The only good CC albums were the first four.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:19 am 

MorbidEarth wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, this is a fine record, very straightforward and headbangable, with a thick, crunchy, old school guitar tone that just rules.

Maybe it's because I've never heard any other CC stuff.

That's probably why you you've come to that conclusion. There's a common saying that goes as follows: "If you've heard one Cannibal Corpse album, you've heard them all."

That saying is full of crap. The first album sounded different from the second, the second had only some similarities with the third, and The Bleeding is probably their most unique album. I haven't heard any Corpsegrinder era Corpse (except Kill, which was boring btw, despite the shorter songs) though.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:36 am 

I didn't listed to it yet, I'm waiting until my vinyl arrives and then decide myself if the vinyl will get dusty within my collection or if I'm buying the CD sometime later second hand.
Concerning the artwork I'm really disappointed, I thought after "Kill" there will be something like "Back to the roots" (at least with the design) but we'll see.
Up to now, "Eaten back" still is my favourite. By the way, I recently sorted the mess within my collection and noticed I've got twice the "Eaten back..." CD, firstpress version.

Anyone interested?
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:00 pm 

Wet Pussy wrote:

True words.

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:41 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:

True words.

Not true. The first 4 just happen to be the best ones. I think that they really dropped the ball on Vile, but they've been regaining steam as they've released more albums.

Evisceration Plague is probably my favorite aside from the first 4. It's sort of a grower, because I thought it was mediocre on my first listen. The more I listen to it, the more I can get into the grooves, and the more I enjoy Corpsegrinder's vocals.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:46 pm 

Misainzig wrote:
Rottenrectum wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:

True words.

Not true. The first 4 just happen to be the best ones. I think that they really dropped the ball on Vile, but they've been regaining steam as they've released more albums.

Evisceration Plague is probably my favorite aside from the first 4. It's sort of a grower, because I thought it was mediocre on my first listen. The more I listen to it, the more I can get into the grooves, and the more I enjoy Corpsegrinder's vocals.

Personally I think the albums with Corpsegrinder are the blandest, most boring examples of death metal out there.

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:48 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:
Personally I think the albums with Corpsegrinder are the blandest, most boring examples of death metal out there.

I sure as hell don't know where the songwriting went after The Bleeding. I'm guessing that Barnes and the other dudes had great chemistry together, but apart, they released some bad shit.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:41 pm 

Misainzig wrote:
Bezerko wrote:
I believe I just saw George Fischer on Hanna Montana.

Why were you watching Hanna Montana?

i think hanna montana is kind of hot (sorry), and no that is billy ray cyrus.

i just is listened a couple of song and seems like it's going to to be a mix between vile and kill, but i'll wait to buy the whole album

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

RegularK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 pm 

Kill has more memorable parts and is overall better. There nothing that jumps out in Evisceration Plague, just 12 songs of the same. At the same time there's nothing really offensive, or ridiculously repetitive.

Going through the motions.

MorbidEarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 pm 

Wet Pussy wrote:
MorbidEarth wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, this is a fine record, very straightforward and headbangable, with a thick, crunchy, old school guitar tone that just rules.

Maybe it's because I've never heard any other CC stuff.

That's probably why you you've come to that conclusion. There's a common saying that goes as follows: "If you've heard one Cannibal Corpse album, you've heard them all."

That saying is full of crap. The first album sounded different from the second, the second had only some similarities with the third, and The Bleeding is probably their most unique album. I haven't heard any Corpsegrinder era Corpse (except Kill, which was boring btw, despite the shorter songs) though.

I'm well aware of that. I think that saying is crap too but I was just posting as an example of the ignorance of some people regarding this band.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:06 pm 

Am I the only person that noticed that the cat murderer said that the only good ones were the first four, but then in the very next fucking post said that he's only heard one Corpsegrinder era record? Dismiss this fool's opinion on the band.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:16 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Am I the only person that noticed that the cat murderer said that the only good ones were the first four, but then in the very next fucking post said that he's only heard one Corpsegrinder era record? Dismiss this fool's opinion on the band.

haha, i think what hes thinking is that the rest of the corpsegrinder albums sound like Kill

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm 

aaronmb666 wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

haha, i think what hes thinking is that the rest of the corpsegrinder albums sound like Kill

I did this exact same thing with Helloween. I loved Walls of Jericho, but hated the first two Keepers albums and The Dark Ride, so I just assumed that everything else sucked. After Better Than Raw and Gambling with the Devil kicked my ass so hard, I vowed to never make an assumption like that again.

To be fair though, most of the Corpsegrinder albums are very similar, but there are small variances between them that fans and non-retards will take notice of.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

KingVold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:45 pm 

Wet wrote:

Yout hink vile wasnt good?

Corpsegrinder is waaay better than Chris Barnes. chris Barnes is good, but Corpsegrinder's vocals are perfection.

Edit: sorry, didnt realize this had already been brought up.

AppleQueso wrote:
Acidgobblin wrote:
I refuse to listen to a genre using an onamatapoeiac descriptor.

Motion to change "Death Metal" to "EEURRRGHHH"

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:55 pm 

Id say Kill is one of the best Cannibal Corpse albums. Its my favorite atleast. Murder Worship is the best thing they have done. If this new album is 'Kill II' than I will be one very happy Cannibal Corpse Fan.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 am 

coming froma LOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooNG time Cannibal Corpse fan:

Cannibal Corpse albums don't all sound the same, the closest would be Gore Obsessed & The Wretched Spawn

The Bleeding has aged terribly

Vile and BloodThirst were both great and dominant followups to weaker predecessors

Fisher is easily more talented that Barnes, this is evident especially in live situations

Kill disappointed me initially, it grew on me but i still prefer the stuff with Jack Owen.

while i strongly prefer the first 3, Vile and BloodThirst to everything else, i am not going to deny any particular album for having a wealth of positives (though i find Gallery of Suicide to be 50% filler... and that's a terrible percentage!)

i think most people don't like them because of how popular and known they are

lastly
i'm sure i will at least moderately enjoy this new one

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 am 

BastardHead wrote:

I've heard a couple of songs from each album, the first 3 of all the corpsegrinder albums. Youtube ftw.

16tothsomething wrote:
Fisher is easily more talented that Barnes, this is evident especially in live situations

Judging from that Live Cannibalism dvd they released, Corpsegrinder is better live, but I still prefer Barne's vocals. The guy sounds like he's burping into a pig's ass on Tomb of the Mutilated, and the vocals are probably the best part about that album.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 am 

Wet Pussy wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

I've heard a couple of songs from each album, the first 3 of all the corpsegrinder albums. Youtube ftw.

It's still ignorant and foolish.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:34 am 

Wet Pussy wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

16tothsomething wrote:

Judging from that Live Cannibalism dvd they released, Corpsegrinder is better live, but I still prefer Barne's vocals. The guy sounds like he's burping into a pig's ass on Tomb of the Mutilated, and the vocals are probably the best part about that album.

you should download some live bootlegs from 93-94..barnes is best then

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

The first three songs are usually the best (in CC's case at least) and are always a good indicator of the music on the rest of the album. The first 3 songs of CC's first four albums made me want to download the entire album, but Corpsegrinder-era Corpse... nah.

metaldazza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:07 am 

having recently got back into CC I am really looking forward to this album. I think I will resist the temptation to download. Seeing the album cover gore is such a part of listening to a CC album for the first time. It's like being 18 again :)

Korpsegrinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:36 pm 

Average album, few good songs but most of them are really forgottable and boring.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:31 pm 

Wet Pussy wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

The first three songs are usually the best (in CC's case at least) and are always a good indicator of the music on the rest of the album. The first 3 songs of CC's first four albums made me want to download the entire album, but Corpsegrinder-era Corpse... nah.

hahaha dude
don't do dumb stuff like that
MANY albums grow with each song, The Karelian Isthmus from Amorphis is one, and Sepultura-Arise is another
Vile gets REALLY good near the second half-and Gore Obsessed doesn't really hit a sweet spot until track 4 (Dormant Bodies Bursting)

just judging a full album via the first 3 songs is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

Korpsegrinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

hahaha dude
don't do dumb stuff like that
MANY albums grow with each song, The Karelian Isthmus from Amorphis is one, and Sepultura-Arise is another
Vile gets REALLY good near the second half-and Gore Obsessed doesn't really hit a sweet spot until track 4 (Dormant Bodies Bursting)

just judging a full album via the first 3 songs is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

Hopefully he doesn't do that with every band he listens to...

Hellpuppet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm 

Where can i download this album to? i can't find it anywhere.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:23 pm 

Hellpuppet wrote:

well i found mine in Best Buy.........

TheDesolateOne
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:29 am 

I am a big fan of Cannibal Corpse but sometimes I feel they should just stop making albums(not in a mean way) because to me I think they have done enough.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:36 am 

Hellpuppet wrote:

You're obviously not trying very hard, it's Cannibal Corpse for fuck's sake.. you can find this on pretty much every download site. As well as most stores...

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:29 am 

TheDesolateOne wrote:
I am a big fan of Cannibal Corpse but sometimes I feel they should just stop making albums(not in a mean way) because to me I think they have done enough.

Metal Blade disagrees with you.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 am 

I think the album is solid Cannibal Corpse. I don't think it's as good as "Kill", but "Kill" took a few listens before I really started to like it....

MEMEME
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:29 pm 

DerekBuhr wrote:
I work at college radio station as a "Loud Rock" director. It's a catch-all for hardcore, metal, and hard rock in the promotional world. So I get access to these weeks before they get released. I'm sitting on the new Edguy, Taake, Darkane, and Napalm Death as we speak (American release dates are =() Thus my reason for having had it for a week prior to release.

...so what do you think of the new CC album so far...???

MEMEME
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:54 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
TheDesolateOne wrote:

Metal Blade disagrees with you.

:D :P LOL! rightfully said...Amen!

Hellpuppet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:09 pm 

The_Boss wrote:
Hellpuppet wrote:

You're obviously not trying very hard, it's Cannibal Corpse for fuck's sake.. you can find this on pretty much every download site. As well as most stores...
not on thepiratebay..

Morbidreich
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 pm 

To put it simply, if you liked the past few cannibal albums this one probably won't disappoint you. Also the "making of" DVD that comes with the album was surprisingly enjoyable as well.

djent
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:20 pm 

Hellpuppet wrote:
The_Boss wrote:
Hellpuppet wrote:

not on thepiratebay..

isohunt.com, btjunkie.org, demonoid.com not to mention the TEN torrents I counted real quick on thepiratebay....

Slorafossen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm 

It reminds me of Kill, which I'm not very fond of. The only thing I actually remembered after listening to the album was the riff at the start of Evisceration Plague.

Paul's drumming has improved, though. I think he got some influence off that Black Dahlia Murder guy during that tour. Paul was bragging a lot about his drumming in an interview I saw a long time ago.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:42 pm 

Listened to a few tracks, didn't really like it or hate it. No reason to listen to this though.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:38 pm 

Just got it last night and I loved it. George's vocals sound the best they have in ages and the drums sound really good. All in all great New Corpse album.

Last.fm

MorbidEarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 pm 

"Evisceration Plague", the new album from Tampa, Florida-based death metal veterans CANNIBAL CORPSE, sold 7,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 91 on The Billboard 200 chart. This is around 25 percent more than the opening tally of the band's previous CD, "Kill" (2006), which landed at No. 170 after shifting more than 6,000 copies. In 1996, CANIBAL CORPSE's "Vile" premiered at No. 151, with more than 6,100 copies sold.

"Evisceration Plague" is available as a limited-edition digipack including a bonus track and bonus DVD, jewelcase CD and on limited splatter vinyl.

"Kill" has sold 55,000 copies in the United States to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Does this mean people will now say that they suck and that they're sellouts?

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:49 pm 

MorbidEarth wrote:
"Evisceration Plague", the new album from Tampa, Florida-based death metal veterans CANNIBAL CORPSE, sold 7,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 91 on The Billboard 200 chart. This is around 25 percent more than the opening tally of the band's previous CD, "Kill" (2006), which landed at No. 170 after shifting more than 6,000 copies. In 1996, CANIBAL CORPSE's "Vile" premiered at No. 151, with more than 6,100 copies sold.

"Evisceration Plague" is available as a limited-edition digipack including a bonus track and bonus DVD, jewelcase CD and on limited splatter vinyl.

"Kill" has sold 55,000 copies in the United States to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Does this mean people will now say that they suck and that they're sellouts?

More than likely.

Last.fm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next