Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Funeral_Shadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:46 pm 

From Vic, the original [metallic] guitar player of Concrete Sox:

"Concrete Sox are starting up again in 2009 with a new line-up. I'll be the only original member. The music's gonna be pretty much the same as early Concrete Sox but with a refined sound and better production. The new line-up isn't finalised yet (looking for that 'killer' drummer) but apart from myself, there won't be any ex-members. Further details will be posted once the line-up is confirmed. It's also likely that the new Sox will be a 2 guitar band."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =427013992

They are one of my favorite crust punk/crossover band. Haven't heard many crust bands play a nice thrash metal sound without sounding too much like a total thrash metal band. Though when Vic left them in 1989, the bands sound became water downed and all albums onward were pretty much like that. None the less, good stuff but the earlier stuff was the classic gems. So hearing Vic reforming the group is fucking ace and returning to the old style is exciting to hear. Anyone else excited to hear this?

2009 is going to be a great year for crust; Amebix reformed and are touring, I believe I heard of rumors about Deviated Instinct reforming, and now Concrete Sox. On a side note, sort of related, it's also great to hear Napalm Death return to a more crust/grind oriented sound on their newer releases.

My eBay page which usually has rare OOP metal shirts and CD's: Click Here

aces_high
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:15 am 

This is great news indeed! So far I've only heard Sewerside and the split with Heresy, and they both rule! It's nice to see some of the more violent crossover bands reform.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 am 

That is pretty awesome. I'd also be happy to see if Deviated Instinct gets back together as well.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.