Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HaydenMaddox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:30 pm 

Hey all - quick question. I own two Inquisition releases - "Invoking..." which I really like, and the split w/ Profane Creation. I really disliked the vocal departure on the split album. The vocals on the "Invoking..." CD I am a big fan of. They're so sick. Anyways - the vocals on the Profane Creation split are not of the same quality (they're missing that sickly montonous drone). So my question is do their other releases have the sick vocals of "Invoking..." or the more generic sound found on the Profane split? Thanks.

Kolibiri
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:12 pm 

All of their other full lengths have the vocals you crave, so get to obtaining them. I'd recommend going for Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult next, easily my favorite BM album.

Hockeymask
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:55 am 

Yeah that split was actually released before they started utilizing the vocal style you are referring to. As stated in the previous comment all other full lengths (except the re-release of the demo "Forever Under" and the EP "Anxious Death, which were thrash metal) contain these vocals. I second the reccomendation of "Into The Infernal Regions of The Ancient Cult" it is one of the best black metal albums ever and definately Inquisitions best.

HaydenMaddox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:52 am 

Read your replies - thank you. Hails.

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:23 am 

If you like that Inquisition stuff, then check out Typhon from Colombia as well. They were the first to utilize that kind of vocals. Also the music style is a bit similar.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:29 pm 

All of Inquisition's full length albums are must haves. I've also watched some live clips of them and for two guys, they make it seem like there is a full band playing. Great, great band.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:52 pm 

DaBuddha wrote:
All of Inquisition's full length albums are must haves. I've also watched some live clips of them and for two guys, they make it seem like there is a full band playing. Great, great band.

The band is literally amazing. i've seen them live twice now and they are simultaneously draining and exhilarating. Dagon's guitar style is just monumentally great to listen to.

I think their most recent two albums need more attention. They're very strong, especially "Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer".
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 153339
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:57 pm 

Thanks for the reminder. I need to get a full length from Inquisition.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:04 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
I think their most recent two albums need more attention. They're very strong, especially "Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer".

Absolutely.

You know, a lot of bands claim their music is meant for satanic rituals, but fuck, Inquisition is a ritual unto itself.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

Unholy_Asar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 pm 

This band is awesome on a purely instrumental level. Some real genuinely dark bm with a lot of nice twists to it.

I just can't get past the vocals though. I think they're awful.
True Black Metal is NOT kind of Metal, that is a complete independent music so Nazhand believes "the name of music which is called Black Metal nowadays, should be changed to Blackness music and shameful name of Metal should be cut out from our music".

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:09 pm 

Ugh, don't remind me of this band. Brings back memories of terrible shopping choices. I passed up the Anxious Death/Forever Under comp for Harvist's fucking awful Lightning Storm in the Veins. :durr:

___Funeral__Fuck___
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:49 am 

Outstanding band, I'm addicted to these vocals , I always try to sing like him but my throat gets sore after two or three sentences. If Lucifer existed, his voice would be similar

vondskapens_makt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:58 am 

One of my favorite black metal bands, with a shitload of memorable songs. Dagon's songwriting is amazing.

The eye can outstare neither the sun, nor death... if I sought God it was in delirium and in the delight of temptation.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 am 

Agreed. This band is great. I love all of their music, and the vocals are very unique. Only a handful of vocalists sing like this. It's awesome. The songwriting is definately memorable, and they're one of my favorite bands. I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, though :(

blackwarhordes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:57 am 

In all their albums after 1996 (Incense of Rest) have a better vocie...

I recomend 'Into the Infernal Regions of The Ancient Cult' & 'Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer'

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.