Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 pm 

I rediscovered the joy of Black Sabbath while driving at a high rate of speed. CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE! Great song to drive to. Another great band (not on M-A) to drive to is Black Stone Chery. The song Crosstown Woman gets you hammering down on the gas!

XSpidercideX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:28 pm 

Death albums are gold in the car. I fell in love with Spiritual Healing while I was driving.

MM86
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:12 am 

I can't listen to Black Metal while driving. It's closet music, I can only listen to it by myself at night.

While I'm driving, it had to be old school Death Metal all the way. And no 1 album, just mixes, to keep it interesting. I usually get about 22 songs on 1 of my cd's, and all aren't necessary my 'favourite' songs, but songs that I like and fit driving the best.

My last CD had:

Death - Zombie Ritual
Bolt thrower - for victory
Amorophis - Vulgar Necrolatry
Deicide - Dead by Dawn
Carnage - Self Dissection
Autopsy - Charred Remains
Obituary - chopped in half
Entombed - wolverine Blues
Morbid Angel - Immortal rites
Dismember - soon to be Dead
Pungent Stench - Shrunken mummified bitch
Disastrous murmur - Masked killer
Loud Blast - Sublime Dimmentia
Grave - Day of mourning
Austopsy - Disembowel
Pestilence - Bacterial Surgery
Unleashed - For they shall be slain
Pestilence - Echoes of Death
Death - Pull the plug

deathcorpse
Super Cres at Best

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:22 am 

It depends on my mood really, but mostly I listen to anything upbeat when I drive. That could be 50's rockabilly to trance to metal. On the metal tip, it's been a lot of old school death metal or 80's thrash mixed with caffeine on the way to work and I'm digging it.

Even when I was in my late teens, Slayer were a great driving band for me. RIB for me is the best Slayer album for driving. Before you know it it's over and then you can start it all over again!

I also listen to old hardcore punk that I used to listen to. Stuff like Agnostic Front's VICTIM IN PAIN, Misfits EARTH AD/WOLFSBLOOD, Suicidal Tendencies first album, Discharge's 12" compilation WHY?, Broken Bones BONECRUSHER, SNFU - And Nobody Else Wanted to Play are a few on rotation. All great driving hardcore punk records.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:44 am 

Summoning is amazing driving music.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

kmfcm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:21 pm 

the last 3 Darkthrone albums are excellent for driving

especially "fuck off and die"

I like to listen to Rwake if I'm driving late at night.

Chaos_Llama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:17 pm 

Blind guardian takes the cake for me. I blast it and sing along. Nightfall!

If I feel like speeding, it's Painkiller or Order & Punishment time. If I'm in a death metal mood, I pop in Dawn of Possession or The Erosion of Sanity. If I'm in a mood for something dark but not as abrasive as the above, I'll pop in Akercocke - Words...

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:34 pm 

Running Wild is so fucking perfect for it. Having that at basically full volume on a summer day with the windows down is like one of the best feelings you can have. It's just so awesome.

Sigh is pretty good at any time but I love listening to it in the car because the speakers in the car give everything a more full sound and with everything going on on a Sigh album it makes it all a little clearer.

The best is dISEMBOWELMENT though. It's really strange how much I find my speeds varying in accordance to Transcendence Into the Peripheral's. It's just ridiculous how much it will just sort of envelope everything, and it's so fucking heavy it's ridiculous. One of the best moments possible is having one of the death metal moments kick in right when you're coming off a stop light or something while driving and just gunning it. It's so fucking awesome.

If it's at night and I need something to sort of cool down or just relax to it's Dead Can Dance or Cocteau Twins though.

diabolikon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:49 pm 

If I had a CD player in my car I would love to blast some Emperor and rock out at a stop like 'til it falls off it's wheels.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:54 pm 

diabolikon wrote:
If I had a CD player in my car I would love to blast some Emperor and rock out at a stop like 'til it falls off it's wheels.

drive with headphones :p
...totally safe i swear!

Agreed with the fellow who mentioned Death-Spiritual Healing
i'm also partial to Vader-De Profundis and SinisteR-Aggressive Measures in the car.
the former for some good steering wheel drumming, the latter for that same reason AND growl-a-long lyrics "chrrrrrrrist nailed to the cross!!!!"

the worst driving band for me is Psychrist, i don't know why but they make me sleepy behind the wheel (that's...THE WORST!)

Balaam_Abaddon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:08 pm 

When I am driving, I like to listen to Burzum and Waking The Cadaver, the two of those bands get me pretty pumped up.

ScottMcCurdy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:31 pm 

Balaam_Abaddon wrote:
When I am driving, I like to listen to Burzum and Waking The Cadaver, the two of those bands get me pretty pumped up.

waking the cadaver.... :brick:

but back to the topic, in my opinion thrash of any kind is the best type of music for driving. ive been listening to a ton of Kreator while driving. Funny thing is that just last week the song "enemy of god" led to me getting a speeding ticket.
:np:

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:55 pm 

Balaam_Abaddon wrote:

That sentence just fucked my mind.

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:39 pm 

I was just driving while listening to the Below The Lights album by Enslaved and it rocks! It matches the enviroment (woods in the winter).

LotF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:48 pm 

I remember when I started, "Fuel" by Metallica seemed to be the only reason to drive.

Then I discovered metal, and songs for the road that were better, aka:
Diahmea wrote:
Summoning is amazing driving music.

w0Lf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:50 pm 

Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun doesn't stray far from my car's CD player. Damn, what a great album... It's fast paced, acute delivery makes it a good listen for a short drive to school or something (listening to Burzum or Esoteric for 5-6 minutes is kind of pointless and unfulfilling for example), while at the same time it's epic scope and the flowing, majestic atmosphere make it equally great for a long night-time drive.

RandyJames16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:04 pm 

My car doesn't have a CD player nor a cassette player, even though it's a '96 Chevy Lumina, so I use a FM transmitter so I can hook up my ipod to my car's stereo. While driving, I prefer to listen to my favorite albums. I'd say that I'm a very good driver, especially for a teenager. I can listen most stuff while driving. I don't speed just because I'm listening to thrash or grind, I only speed when I have to. I like playing my music loud, but not so loud that it's just a wall of noise. I headbang appropriately.

Annieluv
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:34 pm 

Welcome to Hell by Venom anybody?

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:34 am 

RandyJames16 wrote:
My car doesn't have a CD player nor a cassette player, even though it's a '96 Chevy Lumina, so I use a FM transmitter so I can hook up my ipod to my car's stereo. While driving, I prefer to listen to my favorite albums. I'd say that I'm a very good driver, especially for a teenager. I can listen most stuff while driving. I don't speed just because I'm listening to thrash or grind, I only speed when I have to. I like playing my music loud, but not so loud that it's just a wall of noise. I headbang appropriately.

Thanks for telling all of us of your driving competence. I'm sure your parents will find this thread and be very pleased to see that you're such a safe driver. ;)

Oflick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:00 am 

I have an mp3 cd of metal/hard rock in my car with about 150 songs on it. I have a smaller one for punk. I mainly listen to the metal one, which has stuff from glam to black metal.

jeanjacket
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:11 am 

i love listening to Carcass- Necroticism or Death's Spiritual Healing which
sound fucking sick with a nice system and amp. This one time I was
driving by this car accident and as I drove by slowly to check it out
Chuck was yelling out my window...."ALL THE PRAYERS IN THE WORLD
CAN'T HELP YOU NOW!!!" Everybody, the medics and the cops turned to
me like, you fucking asshole! I'm definitely going to hell now I thought. lol

I love pulling up to someone listening to some rap and totally
kill that noise with some Kriziun or Nile as his futile attempts to out do
me with cheesy bass or stare me down fail time and time again. heehee

ScottMcCurdy wrote:

but back to the topic, in my opinion thrash of any kind is the best type of music for driving. ive been listening to a ton of Kreator while driving. Funny thing is that just last week the song "enemy of god" led to me getting a speeding ticket.
:np:

Hell yeah, Sepultura's Schizophrenia or Beneathe the Remains, or
Destructions's Release from Agony, or Dark Angel's Darkness Descends..
all good for ignoring all innocent pedestrians.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:51 am 

Genius idea for a thread.

It depends. If I'm driving during the day, probably a death/black mix (Amon Amarth, Cryptopsy, Necrophagist, Origin, Nachtmystium, Emperor, etc.) but if I'm driving at night, I listen to post/ambient metal (Isis, Agalloch, Neurosis, Leviathan, etc.).

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:55 am 

I listen to a lot of stuff while driving, but the best for it is thrash and old school heavy/speed metal. Fast, powerful songs about blasting down the highway.

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:18 am 

Well, I actually do almost everything listening to metal: work, drive, play my Xbox 360, use computer, take a shower...anyway.

Right now I´m at work listening to Motörhead. In my car I got a mp3 cd-rw with Adagio, Bolt Thrower, Demolition Hammer, Dark Angel, Artillery, Black Tide, Mr. Big and Municipal Waste. What I listen depends on my mood at the time. I came to work listening to Demolition Hammer and I can pretty much go back home listening to Adagio.

Unholy_Asar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 am 

Rottrevore or some other really dirty and heavy death metal is great. Autopsy and Asphyx are also awesome while driving. I just really love driving with the real heavy stuff blasting out of the speakers.

Some really straight forward thrash is also awesome driving music. It's a genuinely great experience to drive around with Morbid Saint or Dark Angel blasting through the speakers. Exhorder is also very nice.

Blasty black metal, such as Marduk, 1349, Infernal War or Funeral Mist, is also great driving music.

All the above applies when driving during daylight. If I'm driving during the night I'd rather want some more atmospheric stuff. Examples of this would be Limbonic Art, Agalloch, Burzum or Ulver. It creates a really nice atmosphere in combination with the darkness, but it feels kind of fishy to drive around listening to during broad daylight (unless you're driving through snow covered winter landscapes).
True Black Metal is NOT kind of Metal, that is a complete independent music so Nazhand believes "the name of music which is called Black Metal nowadays, should be changed to Blackness music and shameful name of Metal should be cut out from our music".

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:43 pm 

I always find listerning to death metal when driving better then listerning to black metal.
Death metal seems to set a harsh anger mood when driving because i hate driving it helps.
Where as black metal sets a evil mood which does not work well when driving to college or work in the morning. Only listen to black metal on late night drives home.

DarknessItShallBe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 pm 

Chrome Division - Doomsday Rock N Roll
The Carburetors - Loud Enough To Raise The Dead

I can't listen to black metal while doing high speeds on the motorway as the road noise drowns out the guitar fuzz and there is only so loud i can listen to music in my car. So i only listen to it while driving at night on country back roads
I have my iPod hooked up to the aux socket on my amp so i normally just shuffle a genre for what ever mood i am in

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:29 pm 

I absolutely detest driving, especially after I had an accident about two years ago... calculating the physics of it made me realize that if I hadn't braked when I did, I would probably be missing limbs, quadriplegic, or dead today.

When I do drive *gulp*, I stick with mixtapes friends have given me that tend to heavily feature sing-along classics like the Beatles, Blue Oyster Cult, the Who, etc. When I do pop in some metal mixtapes I've made for myself, they tend to feature uplifting power, thrash, or speed metal. Pretty much, I stick to things I can sing/hum/air drum/make a fool of myself to. Otherwise I get preoccupied with and freaked out by the fact that I've driving a complex and potentially deadly machine.

Sharkbait
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:54 pm 

I don't only listen to Metal while driving. It varies from industrial to hardcore to oldies to black metal.

My favorite thing to listen to while driving has to be Unter Null - The Failure Epiphany.

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:12 pm 

You people are giving me bad ideas....
When I become a driver.. I'm gonna die within weeks because of you.

:P

I don't look forward to it. I'd rather walk.

unsane69
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 pm 

Bolthrower! Because traffic is WAR!
I've repeatedly blown the fuses in my car blasting Boltthrower and High on Fire.
Amon Amarth is great too. Any thrash or oldschool death is, really. Another favorite is Clutch, I swear that music is made for driving.

latinfiestacarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:44 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
The only time I listen to music is while I'm driving.

What?

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:00 pm 

unsane69 wrote:

HAHAHAAH!!!! yes yes YES what a quote, marvelous

in RushHour There Is NO LAW!!!

i reckon a few more i dig in the car is Cannibal Corpse-Tomb of the Mutilated, Napalm Death-From Enslavement to Obliteration & both of Vomit Remnants'

i like an album i can tap the inside of my steering wheel to along with the snare, while keeping my hand on it-if you know what i'm saying..??

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:34 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
unsane69 wrote:

HAHAHAAH!!!! yes yes YES what a quote, marvelous

in RushHour There Is NO LAW!!!

i reckon a few more i dig in the car is Cannibal Corpse-Tomb of the Mutilated, Napalm Death-From Enslavement to Obliteration & both of Vomit Remnants'

i like an album i can tap the inside of my steering wheel to along with the snare, while keeping my hand on it-if you know what i'm saying..??

Oh, I get what your saying. I do it all the time.

Today I was driving around to some newer Satyricon cranked up almost all the way and the experssion on this old lady's face was just priceless. "NOW! DIABOLICAL!"

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:39 pm 

I usually play death metal in the car. Something with some punch, more than likely. However, I'll play some thrash, black, and even doom metal in the car. Seriously, I played Comatose Vigil and Shape Of Despair in the car before...very cool. :) I can't drive in silence.

Recently, though, I've turned down the volume in the car to avoid hearing damage. We'll see how long this lasts before I become irresponsible again.

CountBlagorath wrote:
Today I was driving around to some newer Satyricon cranked up almost all the way and the experssion on this old lady's face was just priceless. "NOW! DIABOLICAL!"

I remember once I had Beneath The Massacre blaring from my car, and these girls in the car next to me noticed (how could you not?). I could see from my peripheral vision that they wanted to drag, but I ignored them. My car is a piece of crap...not to mention it's illegal and highly dangerous.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:47 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

I remember once I had Beneath The Massacre blaring from my car, and these girls in the car next to me noticed (how could you not?). I could see from my peripheral vision that they wanted to drag, but I ignored them. My car is a piece of crap...not to mention it's illegal and highly dangerous.

I would have draged them. But I can't do that since I sold my car and bought a big GMC truck. I can mud bog with it but not drag. It way too big.

Beneath the Massacre brings back memories of when I got my first car. I got the car then drove to the mall to buy a Cannibal Corpse "Vile" but it was not in stock so I bought thier CD. That was the only CD I listened to for quite some time.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:56 pm 

CountBlagorath wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

I would have draged them. But I can't do that since I sold my car and bought a big GMC truck. I can mud bog with it but not drag. It way too big.

Beneath the Massacre brings back memories of when I got my first car. I got the car then drove to the mall to buy a Cannibal Corpse "Vile" but it was not in stock so I bought thier CD. That was the only CD I listened to for quite some time.

I'm not game or insane enough to drag others. I just think it's too dangerous, and the cops obviously don't like it, so I'm safer not to. However, when I was in the passenger side of my mate's car some time ago, he dragged this other car. He lost because the gears crunched when trying to get it into third too quickly. He was actually somewhat pissed that he lost, repeating "I could've beat them easily" after it was way over.

Good to see another Beneath The Massacre fan, too. I don't care if they're triggered to eternity...I like 'em. :D Besides, Mechanics Of Dysfunction sounds absolutely chunky in the car.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

jesusbathe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:29 am 

I tend to listen to Aura Noir if I'm driving alone although normally when I drive I am with other people so I end up listening to something a little less metal ...or the radio. Metal Church's debut album is another one that I tend to like when I'm driving. It has a sweet cover of highway star so whenever I hear it I feel like putting the pedal to the metal! ...no pun intended...

<3 my right hand.

6Ev6iL6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:08 pm 

I got stuck in a traffic jam once with nothing in the car but Naglfar. Instant road rage enhancer.

Prairieshadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:16 pm 

I've got a few tapes I play. Metallica, Black Sabbath, Perfect Strangers by Deep Purple, even DEI by Meshuggah. Been listening to Metallica a lot recently.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next