Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:18 pm 

Best deathgrind band ever.
Hail dying fetus.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:45 pm 

There's better out there.

Last.fm

DisruptioN
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:47 pm 

Troll.

invoked
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:48 pm 

Please abstain from such moronic topics that provide no basis for discussion beyond "Band A rules. No, they suck!". Mods will know what to do with this.

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:49 pm 

DisruptioN wrote:
Troll.

how am i a troll?

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:52 pm 

DeadXManiac wrote:
There's better out there.

misery index, mortician, napalm death, and cattle decapitation are other good ones but dying fetus is best

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:02 pm 

Misery Index is eons better than Dying Fetus, in my opinion. In fact, I have a copy of War Of Attrition that I regret buying. Dying Fetus seems to get a great deal of praise, and obviously people are entitled to their opinions, but I honestly can't see the awesomeness that others can. Maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle, but I have no desire to change my viewing position here.

I'm glad you enjoy Dying Fetus, BehemothBurzum, but you and I are going to be forever arguing about them :P. At least we can agree that Misery Index are definitely a good band.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:04 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
At least we can agree that Misery Index are definitely a good band.

Misery Index was the first band that came to mind.

Last.fm

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:07 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Misery Index is eons better than Dying Fetus, in my opinion. In fact, I have a copy of War Of Attrition that I regret buying. Dying Fetus seems to get a great deal of praise, and obviously people are entitled to their opinions, but I honestly can't see the awesomeness that others can. Maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle, but I have no desire to change my viewing position here.

I'm glad you enjoy Dying Fetus, BehemothBurzum, but you and I are going to be forever arguing about them :P. At least we can agree that Misery Index are definitely a good band.

hell yeah hail misery index

dude war of attrition isnt that great that lineup isnt good

if you ever decide to give em another chance get the album with uncle sam and a bunch of people in a circle on the cover art, i froget what its called but thats the last album with the good lineup. but yeah w/e =]

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:10 pm 

BehemothBurzumCOBHC wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

hell yeah hail misery index

dude war of attrition isnt that great that lineup isnt good

if you ever decide to give em another chance get the album with uncle sam and a bunch of people in a circle on the cover art, i froget what its called but thats the last album with the good lineup. but yeah w/e =]

and when jason and kevin, the guys on the uncle sam album left dying fetus, they made misery index and thats when DF started to go downhill

so see, dying fetus's greatness just left with kevin and jason and went to Misery index

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:13 pm 

I think you're talking about Destroy The Opposition there. I don't know...there's too many other bands to listen to that are better. :)

It happens a lot, though, when certain members leave and the band can't reclaim what they had.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:19 pm 

MikeyC wrote:

I think you're talking about Destroy The Opposition there. I don't know...there's too many other bands to listen to that are better. :)

It happens a lot, though, when certain members leave and the band can't reclaim what they had.

yes destroy the opposition thats what i meant =]

yeah your right after kevin and jason left, DF still kicks ass in my opinion but theyll never be as good as they were.
at least we still have misery index lol

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:18 pm 

if you ever decide to give em another chance get the album with uncle sam and a bunch of people in a circle on the cover art, i froget what its called but thats the last album with the good lineup. but yeah w/e =

Did anyone else find this line hilarious? I find it funny that after creating one of those stupid 'Worship' threads and you promote them as what you believe to be 'the best death/grind band ever', you are still unable to name an album that you obviously think is good enough to reccommend!

overkill666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:21 pm 

Sigh @ every topic this person has made so far.

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:27 pm 

wigglygore wrote:
if you ever decide to give em another chance get the album with uncle sam and a bunch of people in a circle on the cover art, i froget what its called but thats the last album with the good lineup. but yeah w/e =

Did anyone else find this line hilarious? I find it funny that after creating one of those stupid 'Worship' threads and you promote them as what you believe to be 'the best death/grind band ever', you are still unable to name an album that you obviously think is good enough to reccommend!

no i knew the name of it i just couldent think of it i knew it though.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 pm 

overkill666 wrote:
Sigh @ every topic this person has made so far.

Alocer7138r
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:56 pm 

MikeyC wrote:

I can't really listen to old dying fetus anymore because its seems simple and nu metal like but their newer work is great. Misery Index is pretty good too for the style they play.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:20 pm 

Best deathgrind band ever.
Hail dying fetus.

If you have to make an Appreciation Thread, at least make it genuine. And no they are not all that. I always get them confused with Decrepit Birth so it's just as well.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:25 pm 

not bad at writing "stuff" but very poor at song writing and arrangements
for a live band they are tight, but boring-and faceless.
for a studio band, overproduced, stiff, mechanical, soulless

not the worst, but a shinning example of what i don't like.

if i want to listen to deathgrind, i'll probably play something much more unruly.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:10 pm 

Dear sir,

I would like to officially request that you refrain from making pointless threads.

It may also benefit you to apply an appropriate amount of punctuation to your typing.

Thank you.

rathofgod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:16 pm 

I kind of like them, but I wouldn't go nearly so far as to say 'best death/grind ever'.

I saw them open for Kataklysm a few months ago and while they were tight, they were really boring and the only real entertainment was in the pit. To their credit, the guitarist did do some of the fastest down picking I've ever seen but that's not really that important when you think about it...

BehemothBurzumCOBHC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:31 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Dear sir,

I would like to officially request that you refrain from making pointless threads.

It may also benefit you to apply an appropriate amount of punctuation to your typing.

Thank you.

it may benefit your ass to take a shit, dickhead

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:36 pm 

wow...ZING!

redeemerofchaos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:46 pm 

Early stuff is pretty nice, new album is really gay though.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.